What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Draft Contest, 1st Round only (1 Viewer)

BobSaget66

Footballguy
Anyone interested?

Take the list of the 1st round. Put 32 players on the list and get points for correct picks.

Rules:

1. Picks are by position, not by team. So if pick 2 is traded on draft day, you still get credit if the new team picks your guy.

2. Post your pics here, feel free to edit your post to keep the thread clean. However, all edits are final 1 hour prior to Goddel taking the stand. Any edits after that point will be disqualified.

3. Points are per pick.

1-5: 4 points

6-10: 6 points

11-15: 8 points

16-20: 12 points

21-31: 16 points

32: 32 points

Pick 33 picks. You can get points for being 1 off, either up or down. Exceptions are first and second picks. You have to nail those. One off point list below:

3-5: 1 point

6-10: 2 points

11-15: 3 points

16-20: 5 points

21-31: 7 points

32: 8 points

Thats about it. No prizes, not void or prohibited anywhere. Just bragging rights.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested? Take the list of the 1st round. Put 32 players on the list and get points for correct picks. Rules:1. Picks are by position, not by team. So if pick 2 is traded on draft day, you still get credit if the new team picks your guy.2. Post your pics here, feel free to edit your post to keep the thread clean. However, all edits are final 1 hour prior to Goddel taking the stand. Any edits after that point will be disqualified.3. Points are per pick. 1-5: 4 points 6-10: 6 points 11-15: 8 points 16-20: 12 points 21-31: 16 points 32: 32 pointsThats about it. No prizes, not void or prohibited anywhere. Just bragging rights.I am open to comments on my scoring scale, but I tried to weight he lowere picks higher since it takes some chance, luck and skill to get them right.Peace
Maybe give 1/2 points if your guy is picked within 1 slot of your projected pick?

'Kruppe said:
Anyone interested? Take the list of the 1st round. Put 32 players on the list and get points for correct picks. Rules:1. Picks are by position, not by team. So if pick 2 is traded on draft day, you still get credit if the new team picks your guy.2. Post your pics here, feel free to edit your post to keep the thread clean. However, all edits are final 1 hour prior to Goddel taking the stand. Any edits after that point will be disqualified.3. Points are per pick. 1-5: 4 points 6-10: 6 points 11-15: 8 points 16-20: 12 points 21-31: 16 points 32: 32 pointsThats about it. No prizes, not void or prohibited anywhere. Just bragging rights.I am open to comments on my scoring scale, but I tried to weight he lowere picks higher since it takes some chance, luck and skill to get them right.Peace
Maybe give 1/2 points if your guy is picked within 1 slot of your projected pick?
I love contests like this and when I mull it over I'll do it. But I agree with Kruppe here. A frustrating thing is being VERY close to picking itright but being 1 or 2 picks off. Maybe do a smaller scale if you're within a pick of getting it right. Something like: 1-5: 1 point 6-10: 2 points 11-15: 3 points 16-20: 5 points 21-31: 7 points 32: 8 points

Last edited by a moderator:
Good input Gents,

I will add some bonus for being close. I think on 1-5, there will be no bonus. Those are close to being obvious, so you should nail those. I also think that I will have people pick 33, so if they are one off on the 32nd pick, they can get a chance at one pick either direction. I will keep reading and come up with the final rules closer to the draft.

Sorry I have not been on sooner, but the strike/lockout is disappointing to me. I mean, my dad is an old school Dodger fan. He grew up watching them at Ebbets. He still has not truly forgiven "them" for depriving him of the World Series. He has come back and enjoys his Bums, but deep down, he is still disappointed. I feel the same way. I am just disgusted. I am a Lions fan for gods sake. I have been and will be until I die. And this is how you treat us?

Perhaps they need to realize that in places like Falujah, Fire Base Alpha and Middle of the Desert Nowhere, a certain Sunday each year means 2 cold beers and the Superbowl on a satellite feed.

Sorry for the rant, didn't mean to hijack my own thread.

Peace

My picks are coming tomorrow at lunch. Get yours in soon. Feel free to edit the original post, but your last edit time has to be one hour prior to Goddel taking the stand.

Peace

1 Carolina - Cam Newton

2 Denver - Von Miller

3 Bufalo - Marcell Dareus

4 Cinncinati - A.J Green

5 Arizona - Patrick Peterson

6 Cleveland - Julio Jones

7 SF - Robert Quinn

8 Tenn - Blaine Gabbert

9 Dallas - Tyron Smith

10 Washington - Nick Fairley

11 Houston - Aldon Smith

12 Minnesota - Jake Locker

13 Detroit - Prince Amukamara

14 Saint Louis - Corey Liguet

15 Miami - Mike Pouncey

16 Jacksonville - Cameron Jordan

17 New England - Ryan Kerrigan

18 San Diego - JJ Watt

19 New York Giants - Mark Ingram

20 Tampa Bay - Da'Quan Bowers

21 Kansas City - Anthony Castonzo

22 Indianapolis - Gabe Carimi

23 Philly - Jimmy Smith

24 New Orleans - Muhummad Wilkerson

25 Seattle - Nate Solder

26 Baltimore - Cameron Heyward

27 Atl - Derek Sherrod

28 New England - Andy Dalton

29 Chicago - Danny Watkins

30 NY Jets - Phil Taylor

31 Pittsburgh - Aaron Williams

32 Green Bay - Adrian Clayborn

1. Carolina-Cam Newton-QB-I prefer Gabbert, but I think they need to draft a QB.

2. Broncos-Von Miller-OLB-decided to switch him and Dareus at the last minute.

3. Bills-Marcell Dareus-DT

4. Bengals-A.J. Green-WR-Julio Jones was tempting to put here, but I stuck with Green.

5. Cardinals-Patrick Peterson-CB-2nd best player in the draft at 5 is good value.

6. Browns-Julio Jones-WR-Big need, Holmgren likes recievers.

7. Niners-Blaie Gabbert-QB-See Broncos and Bills.

8. Titans-Nick Fairly-DT-Although I have heard reports of Dalton I don't think they are quite that dumb.

9. Cowboys-Tyron Smith-OT-Same reasons as everyone else.

10. Skins-Jake Locker-QB-I think Shanny suprises us hear and goes with the QB.

11. Texans-Robert Quinn-OLB-Big need, great player.

12. Vikings-DaQuan Bowers-I think the 20-25 talks are a little overblown. With Locker off the board its the obvious choice.

13. Lions-Prince Amukamara-CB-Don't need to say anything about this one.

14. Rams-Cory Liugit-DT-Almost put Jordan here, but a tackle would make sense.

15. Dolphins-Mike Pouncey-G-A bit of a stretch, but it fills a need.

16. Jags-Ryan Kerrigan-DE-Obvious reasons.

17. Patriots-Cameron Jordan-DE-Bewtween him Watt and Smith. As a pats fan I prefer Smith, but I think it will be Jordan.

18. Chargers-J.J. Watt-DE-A big need, Watt is a steal here.

19. Giants-Anthony Costanzo-OT-A steal here, high character, safe pick.

20. Bucs-Aldon Smith-DE-A complete steal here. I don't think Smith will be here though, they would be lucky if it fell this way.

21. Cheifs-Gabe Carimi-OT-A good right tackle for the next 10 years.

22. Colts-Muhammad Wilkerson-DT-They desperatly want one of the top 3 tackles, but I just don't see Solder going here. They are in a win now mode and Solder is a project.

23. Eagles-Jimmy Smith-CB-If it wasn't for Prince falling, Smith would have been the Lion's pick.

24. Saints-Mark Ingram-RB-Bit of a surprise here. Gives them a stud 1500 yard back.

25. Seahawks-Christian Ponder-Great fit here. Look for him to be the rookie of the year.

26. Ravens-Aaron Williams-CB/S-Which ever position he plays he will fill a need.

27. Falcons-Adrian Clayborn-End is a need and Clayorn is decent value here.

28. Patriots-Danny Watkins-G-I would love this pick as a pats fan.

29. Bears-Nate Solder-OT-It's a fall here for Solder and the bears need a tackle.

30. Jets-Jabaal Sheard-OLB-Most people don't see him going in the first, put I think he definitely goes to either the pats, jets, or packers.

31. Steelers-Brandon Harris-CB-This is a worst case scenerio for Pittsburgh and I think they trade down here.

32. Packers-Brooks Reed-OLB-A big need, but a reach for the player.

the mods would move it. Yellow line gave us some love in the main forum. they will come.

Excellent board eak. I like the comments. We are the first int he first year....

Peace

Carolina Panthers A.J Green

Denver Broncos Von Miller

Buffalo Bills Cam Newton

Cincinnati Bengals Marcell Dareus

Arizona Cardinals Blaine Gabbert

Cleveland Browns Julio Jones

San Francisco 49ers Patrick Peterson

Tennessee Titans Jake Locker

Dallas Cowboys Robert Quinn

Washington Redskins Nick Fairley

Houston Texans Tyron Smith

Minnesota Vikings Aldon Smith

Detroit Lions Mike Pouncey

St. Louis Rams Prince Amukamara

Miami Dolphins Corey Liguet

Jacksonville Jaguars JJ Watt

New England Patriots Ryan Kerrigan

San Diego Chargers Cameron Jordan

New York Giants Anthony Castonzo

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Da'Quan Bowers

Kansas City Chiefs Gabe Carimi

Indianapolis Colts Mark Ingram

Philadelphia Eagles Muhummad Wilkerson

New Orleans Saints Jimmy Smith

Seattle Seahawks Cameron Heyward

Baltimore Ravens Nate Solder

Atlanta Falcons Danny Watkins

New England Patriots Andy Dalton

Chicago Bears Adrian Clayborn

New York Jets Derek Sherrod

Pittsburgh Steelers Aaron Williams

Green Bay Packers Phil Taylor

peace

Carolina Panthers A.J GreenDenver Broncos Von MillerBuffalo Bills Cam NewtonCincinnati Bengals Marcell DareusArizona Cardinals Blaine GabbertCleveland Browns Julio JonesSan Francisco 49ers Patrick PetersonTennessee Titans Jake LockerDallas Cowboys Robert QuinnWashington Redskins Nick FairleyHouston Texans Tyron SmithMinnesota Vikings Aldon SmithDetroit Lions Mike PounceySt. Louis Rams Prince AmukamaraMiami Dolphins Corey LiguetJacksonville Jaguars JJ WattNew England Patriots Ryan KerriganSan Diego Chargers Cameron JordanNew York Giants Anthony CastonzoTampa Bay Buccaneers Da'Quan BowersKansas City Chiefs Gabe CarimiIndianapolis Colts Mark IngramPhiladelphia Eagles Muhummad WilkersonNew Orleans Saints Jimmy SmithSeattle Seahawks Cameron HeywardBaltimore Ravens Nate SolderAtlanta Falcons Danny WatkinsNew England Patriots Andy DaltonChicago Bears Adrian Clayborn New York Jets Derek SherrodPittsburgh Steelers Aaron WilliamsGreen Bay Packers Phil Taylorpeace
Do you seriously think Green goes #1?

1 Carolina - Cam Newton

2 Denver - Von Miller

3 Bufalo - Blaine Gabbert

4 Cinncinati - Marcell Dareus

5 Arizona - A.J. Green

6 Cleveland - Julio Jones

7 SF - Patrick Peterson

8 Tenn - Robert Quinn

9 Dallas - Nick Fairley

10 Washington - Jake Locker

11 Houston - JJ Watt