Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Addai's Adidas

We've cut the cable

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

I’ve been comparing the NFL GamePass app (US) to to the International version. The US version is a hot mess and lacks a boatload of features (RZC in particular plus locally blacked out games and those on other apps like CBS whatever) that the International version has. Totally worth your time/effort to get the International version imo.

How does one do that?

17 minutes ago, Otis said:

How does one do that?

1. You have to get the app from the Google/Apple international app library.

2. Figure out the country with the cheapest service

3. Sign up with NFL and use an address from chosen country

4. Pay for service

5. Sign into VPN (you need this) and pick the country before opening GamePass International app

6. Open app and cast to your heart’s delight (depending on how you cast, you might need the VPN app on device you’re streaming to)

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 2:48 PM, Otis said:

Wish I could get the Sunday Ticket but the app tells me I can’t get it in my area despite that I have DirecTVNow. 

Nflbite dot com. Click your team's helmet at game time. Pick which stream you want. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Nflbite dot com. Click your team's helmet at game time. Pick which stream you want. 

Nice. Looks like a good website. Have you used it in the past? Are the streams good quality or do they not work/time out? I've been looking for a site like this....

I currently play $179.00 for Internet and Xfininty cable. The cable includes Starz, but no premium channels like HBO or Showtime.

I would love to leave cable with Xfinity, but want all the bells and whistles if I can get them.

I don't pay for, but have access to Nextflix and Amazon Prime so that's a good start. From there, I need my local sports for baseball and need TNT/NFL Channel and the local stations (NBC, FOX, CBS). I don't need a ton outside of that, but obviously want as much as I can get.

What's the best way to go about finding the best service that lowers my overall bill but gets more value?

9 hours ago, cubd8 said:

Nice. Looks like a good website. Have you used it in the past? Are the streams good quality or do they not work/time out? I've been looking for a site like this....

Its new this year. It's all the same streams you can find on reddit. The same guys set it up in anticipation of the reddit thread getting taken down like the NBA and UFC ones did. 

9 hours ago, cubd8 said:

I currently play $179.00 for Internet and Xfininty cable. The cable includes Starz, but no premium channels like HBO or Showtime.

I would love to leave cable with Xfinity, but want all the bells and whistles if I can get them.

I don't pay for, but have access to Nextflix and Amazon Prime so that's a good start. From there, I need my local sports for baseball and need TNT/NFL Channel and the local stations (NBC, FOX, CBS). I don't need a ton outside of that, but obviously want as much as I can get.

What's the best way to go about finding the best service that lowers my overall bill but gets more value?

I pay $0 for cable TV and I can watch whatever I want. 

1- OTA antenna picks up live locals and a bunch more. 

2- Cinema android app for TV shows and movies. The most popular shows are usually available within an hour after air time. 

3- reddit or nflbite for live NFL.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tonydead said:

I pay $0 for cable TV and I can watch whatever I want. 

1- OTA antenna picks up live locals and a bunch more. 

2- Cinema android app for TV shows and movies. The most popular shows are usually available within an hour after air time. 

What is the name of that app? I can download this app on my android?

Any OTA antenna you recommend?

5 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

Cinema apk  for easy install try here. https://troypoint.com/cinema-apk/

Edited by rustycolts
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

thanks, does this give yo hbo for free? what shows are do you get with it? 

Yep anything really that has been or is currently on just search name of show.  I'm watching Game of Thrones now I'm a late comer to that show.

You can also view just about any movie you can think of.  I use Cinema more than Netflix or YoutubeTv.  Actually you can watch anything that is on Netflix on Cinema

Edited by rustycolts

44 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

Depends on where you are and how strong the signals are. Use tvfool.com to check your signal and it will recommend a type of antenna. If you only need an indoor antenna a lot of people like the Mohu Leaf products. I'm a bit far aways so I went with the best roof mount, Winegard HD8200. 

31 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

thanks, does this give yo hbo for free? what shows are do you get with it? 

Any popular TV show that has already aired, including Netflix HBO etc.  Any movie that is out on DVD or leaked ahead of time.  

35 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

Yep anything really that has been or is currently on just search name of show.  I'm watching Game of Thrones now I'm a late comer to that show.

You can also view just about any movie you can think of.  I use Cinema more than Netflix or YoutubeTv.  Actually you can watch anything that is on Netflix on Cinema

I use Cinema for stuff on Prime because I usually dont realize what platform it is from until I've already fired up the episode. 

On 8/27/2019 at 8:58 AM, tonydead said:

Reddit stream is watchable on computer only? I connected to the tv with an HDMI, but got no signal. It usually swaps automatically

NFLbite wants me to sign up. Legit?

thx

1 minute ago, simsarge said:

Reddit stream is watchable on computer only? I connected to the tv with an HDMI, but got no signal. It usually swaps automatically

NFLbite wants me to sign up. Legit?

thx

Where does it ask you to sign up, after you click on a stream play button?  If so, that's just a redirect pop up, close that and go back to the play button. You dont have to sign up for anything. 

Either should play fine in a browser on any device.  

First link I clicked on nflbite worked just fine (NBC feed).  Chrome browser on Galaxy Tab tablet.  

On a chromebook, the first Reddit stream is good to go. Same for nflbite after bypassing that popup. Any suggestions on porting to the tv?

3 minutes ago, simsarge said:

On a chromebook, the first Reddit stream is good to go. Same for nflbite after bypassing that popup. Any suggestions on porting to the tv?

I use my HTPC or Firestick already connected to the TV. Not sure what outputs the chromebooks have but something like a mini hdmi to hdmi cable would work. I'm not familiar with how to chromecast, but, I hear people say they do that. 

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I use my HTPC or Firestick already connected to the TV. Not sure what outputs the chromebooks have but something like a mini hdmi to hdmi cable would work. I'm not familiar with how to chromecast, but, I hear people say they do that. 

No HTPC, but when I tried my firestick earlier, using the Downloader App, selecting the helmet in nflbite, got me nothing, Are you accessing it differently?

10 minutes ago, simsarge said:

No HTPC, but when I tried my firestick earlier, using the Downloader App, selecting the helmet in nflbite, got me nothing, Are you accessing it differently?

Download a browser like firefox from the Amazon store.  Go to nflbite.com in the browser. Downloader isn't a fully functional browser, I dont think.  

ETA: I think I've even used Silk (Amazons browser) before. 

Edited by tonydead

I just tried the Silk browser and was able to get a reddit stream to work. It's a bit of a pain to get past the pop ups. 

Note: the nflbite stream links disappear shortly after half time so you'll have to get on before then.  

Need an I'm addicted and will never cut the cable thread. 

I've got DirecTV Xtra with HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, DC Universe, and will be adding Disney +.

It all adds up but I don't mind paying for entertainment.

I'm on DirecTVNow/ATTNow.  Any way I can get the Red Zone channel?  I see it's not on here.  Is there an app or something?  Hell, I'd pay for the full NFL Sunday Ticket, but the website says it's not available over the app in my area.  Super annoying.

Any legal/full pay options for me?

Any free options?

TIA

59 minutes ago, Otis said:

I'm on DirecTVNow/ATTNow.  Any way I can get the Red Zone channel?  I see it's not on here.  Is there an app or something?  Hell, I'd pay for the full NFL Sunday Ticket, but the website says it's not available over the app in my area.  Super annoying.

Any free options?

TIA

NFL GamePass International has it as do a couple of other non-NFL services. Reddit might have it somewhere too, but I don’t know.

1 hour ago, Otis said:

Any free options?

TIA

Enroll in college, then sign up for student access online 

On 9/8/2019 at 4:09 AM, Otis said:

Any free options?

TIA

1-  Put a giant antiquated satellite dish on your roof so you can pay Directv.  (It is super annoying that Directv is doing everything it can to keep people on this old monopolistic technology).

2-  Sling TV, FuboTV, and Playstation Vue have Red Zone. (For 34.99 a month for 4 months ($140) you could get NFL Network and RedZone from Sling TV.  Plus the other channels the package comes with.)

3-  Find someone in college to lend you their credentials. (NFL Ticket for around $100)

4- VPN your IP address outside of North America and buy it directly from NFL.com (Full NFL Ticket without any of the North America restrictions for around $130-$140).

5- Stream for free from reddit or nflbite.  (Free, free, free, :moneybag:)

• Thanks 1

Legality of the 5 choices above:

1- Illegal.  By definition a monopoly is when a company has exclusive control over a good or service in a particular market.  In North America, Directv is the only choice for NFL Sunday Ticket.

2- Perfectly legal as far as I can tell.

3- I'm sure it violates some of the terms and agreements, but, see #1.

4- I don't think there is anything illegal about doing it this way.  The NFL still gets their cut and they accept your credit card that has a US address attached to it.  I think the NFL is happy to have this loophole in the contract they have with Directv.

5- 50-50.  To date it is not illegal to watch a stream and no case law exists where anyone has ever been prosecuted.  There is little doubt, however, that the websites that broadcast the streams are illegal.  

On 9/7/2019 at 9:33 AM, cap'n grunge said:

Need an I'm addicted and will never cut the cable thread. 

I've got DirecTV Xtra with HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, DC Universe, and will be adding Disney +.

It all adds up but I don't mind paying for entertainment.

You know there is already, I'm assuming you came to post this just to make yourself feel better?  

Can't log in to Directv.

Zero effort made to keep me

They even made it a bigger hassle

My saga continues

Based on these stories, and other reasons, I'll be cancelling my DirecTV later this year

I'm going to have a controlled burn around my dish and get rid of it that way.

Satellite not working

Packing up all my equipment and sending it back today

Still can't redeem my GC

Will also be glad when the ST contract runs out for these clowns

I did end up dropping direc tv due to all their nonsense

:lol:  Comments just from the last page alone.  Horrible and completely unnecessary experience.  

8 hours ago, tonydead said:

1-  Put a giant antiquated satellite dish on your roof so you can pay Directv.  (It is super annoying that Directv is doing everything it can to keep people on this old monopolistic technology).

2-  Sling TV, FuboTV, and Playstation Vue have Red Zone. (For 34.99 a month for 4 months ($140) you could get NFL Network and RedZone from Sling TV.  Plus the other channels the package comes with.)

3-  Find someone in college to lend you their credentials. (NFL Ticket for around $100)

4- VPN your IP address outside of North America and buy it directly from NFL.com (Full NFL Ticket without any of the North America restrictions for around $130-$140).

5- Stream for free from reddit or nflbite.  (Free, free, free, :moneybag:)

My favorite option (other than SFU)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiefD said:

Since HULU doesn't have NFL Network, what are my options for watching this channel?

Do you have Amazon Prime? I switched to Hulu but I have Prime so I knew I could watch the game on Prime.

31 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Do you have Amazon Prime? I switched to Hulu but I have Prime so I knew I could watch the game on Prime.

No, we don’t. I looked at that possibility but didn’t want to spend the dough.

Ended up signing up for the trial period of Sling and paid for a month. Been wanting to check it out anyway to compare to hulu, so it cost me $25 for the test.

30 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

NFLbite worked for me last night.

I’ve tried SFU for the past few weeks, but I keep having buffering issues. I have better luck with streams from NFLbite.

• Like 1

Man the streaming world has changed so much over the last couple of years. I'd been using Sling and OTA antennas for the last 6 years. 

Been pretty happy with it, so I ignored the landscape over the last few years, but Sling raised it's price, and the local CBS tower is being rebuilt and acting up (right at the start of football season).

I think I'd be plenty happy with any of the major streamers, but went with YouTubeTV. So awesome. Heck I really didn't even know that locals had become the norm on the major streamers. And it took about 3 clicks to set up the unlimited DVR to record all the NFL and sports I may want watch (I haven't had any DVR at all in 6 years).

But the very best part of streaming services.......after 6 years, it took less than 5 minutes to cancel Sling. For the rest of my life, I'm going to everything I can to avoid any arrangement that requires talking to a human being to get out of. I remember the days of dealing with DirecTV and cable companies trying end or adjust contracts. So miserable. 

• Like 3

Been following along in here for a while, finally got rid of directv. Have a Firestick for each tv in the house, each have cinema, Netflix,  and I have been casting nflbite site the last two weeks. I have YouTube tv trial.  I am looking to get a quick, easy Kodi style install for live tv/sports/ticket etc. I’ve done Kodi and it was a pain to set up and explain to my wife and kids.  I know troypoint has a bunch listed but  Is there a recommended .apk ?? App that:

is easy to install (cinema easy)

can work on multiple firesticks

easy guide for kids/wife

has live sports/nfl/yes/ncaa b-ball

i dont mind paying a monthly fee if it’s easy to use  and has minimal buffering  

Edited by phowler13

13 hours ago, phowler13 said:

Been following along in here for a while, finally got rid of directv. Have a Firestick for each tv in the house, each have cinema, Netflix,  and I have been casting nflbite site the last two weeks. I have YouTube tv trial.  I am looking to get a quick, easy Kodi style install for live tv/sports/ticket etc. I’ve done Kodi and it was a pain to set up and explain to my wife and kids.  I know troypoint has a bunch listed but  Is there a recommended .apk ?? App that:

is easy to install (cinema easy)

can work on multiple firesticks

easy guide for kids/wife

has live sports/nfl/yes/ncaa b-ball

i dont mind paying a monthly fee if it’s easy to use  and has minimal buffering  

Check the Terrarium TV thread.  Lots of info in there.

The wife and daughter seem ready to switch.  i am going to go with the following group:

Youtubetv, Netflix, Disney+, ESPN+.

The only hole I have appears to be PBS.  what is the best way for my wife to watch her pbs shows?  Antennas do not work great where I live.

Edited by NewlyRetired

27 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

The wife and daughter seem ready to switch.  i am going to go with the following group:

The only hole I have appears to be PBS.  what is the best way for my wife to watch her pbs shows?  Antennas do not work great where I live.

PBS has an app that I tried on my firestick a long time ago and seemed fine. Not sure what your setup is but maybe check out that option?

1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

PBS has an app that I tried on my firestick a long time ago and seemed fine. Not sure what your setup is but maybe check out that option?

Does the app require you to receive pbs via another service?  or does it work for anyone for free?

30 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

Does the app require you to receive pbs via another service?  or does it work for anyone for free?

It's free, but there are a few things that are behind a member's pay wall

On 9/30/2019 at 6:15 AM, NewlyRetired said:

Saw this today when researching YouTube TV. PBS targeting a Nov 4th launch.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 8:15 AM, NewlyRetired said:

Should have PBS on YouTubeTV within a month. Looking forward to it myself.

• Like 1

What's the best option for a DVR for over-the-air recording? Fire Recast if we have a couple of Fire Sticks already?

Would prefer no monthly subscription.

Edited by nysfl2

On 10/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, nysfl2 said:

What's the best option for a DVR for over-the-air recording? Fire Recast if we have a couple of Fire Sticks already?

Would prefer no monthly subscription.

HDhomerun by silicon dust  might be of interest to you. There is a free version or $35 annual fee version with more functionality. Runs on a lot of different platforms. Can select options that include 2-6 tv tuners so you can watch/record different shows at the same time.