Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Addai's Adidas

We've cut the cable

23 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Email I received today:

Looks like I've got a couple weeks if I want to check out season 3 of Handmaid's tale. 

I have Hulu live and it works well with multiple TVs and devises at one time.  How many can you use with YoutubeTV?

1 minute ago, schlesinj said:

I have Hulu live and it works well with multiple TVs and devises at one time.  How many can you use with YoutubeTV?

I think 3 or 4 at one time. Pretty much unlimited how many different tablets/TVs you can have it set up on. 

With the news of PSvue Shutting down, I decided to give youtubeTV a try.  Of the other providers, it came the closest to having the channels I wanted, the only one missing is NFL network, plus it had the channels the wife wanted which is a plus.   So far, I am pleased with it. The picture on my local channels is much better than it was on PSvue and picture quality in general is good.  I guess I will just have to watch NFL network on my phone because the picture on Sling was not to my liking at all and Futbo TV does not have ESPN or most of the channels the wife watches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snellman said:

With the news of PSvue Shutting down, I decided to give youtubeTV a try.  Of the other providers, it came the closest to having the channels I wanted, the only one missing is NFL network, plus it had the channels the wife wanted which is a plus.   So far, I am pleased with it. The picture on my local channels is much better than it was on PSvue and picture quality in general is good.  I guess I will just have to watch NFL network on my phone because the picture on Sling was not to my liking at all and Futbo TV does not have ESPN or most of the channels the wife watches.

FYI on NFL Network, if you have Amazon Prime they show all the Thursday night games on Prime video.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

FYI on NFL Network, if you have Amazon Prime they show all the Thursday night games on Prime video.

The hard thing with Youtube TV (I have it) is no RedZone Channel.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, CletiusMaximus said:

Email I received today:

Looks like I've got a couple weeks if I want to check out season 3 of Handmaid's tale. 

Yup off to YouTube tv on dec 18

11 hours ago, whoknew said:

The hard thing with Youtube TV (I have it) is no RedZone Channel.

Yes I am really hoping they get that sorted out before next season. 

• Like 1

Received the notice that Hulu live is going up $10 so gonna move back to YouTubetv after this month. If they go up in price then screw network tv and I'll jump to Philo and just get an antenna for the upstairs tv. As much as I like the services with the DVR I'll just find the stuff I can't get on Philo and stream from my phone to the Roku, which isn't much.

I know this has been answered many times in here, but I just don't have the time to sort through it. Would apprecaite Cliff notes please.

I have finally decided to go all in here.

Using Xfinity for internet

Daughters really only watch Netflix and would like Disney+

YouTube TV for locals?

**Want to stop renting modem. What is the modem to go after? 4 of us in the household. Will have three Roku's and a Firestick and the Xbox using WiFi. 

Tired of spending more than I have to for crap we don't watch.

Thanks!

On 11/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, snellman said:

Same here. Trying Youtube TV now. 

On 11/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, snellman said:

Was trying to ride out PS VUE until the end of January, but it froze on me three times during NFL pre-game yesterday. Maybe they're just giving up on tech support.

So I started my free trial for YouTube TV.  Picture was much better than VUE.  Will be making switch this week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

Was trying to ride out PS VUE until the end of January, but it froze on me three times during NFL pre-game yesterday. Maybe they're just giving up on tech support.

So I started my free trial for YouTube TV.  Picture was much better than VUE.  Will be making switch this week.

I was going to do the exact same thing but experienced that too and came to the same conclusion. The tech guys are probably already bailing for other streaming companies. Just makes sense.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 5:39 PM, ConstruxBoy said:

Same here. Trying Youtube TV now. 

I briefly thought about switching from Hulu but unless I am missing something I am concerned with not being able to use multiple devises at one time.  My Hulu account I believe is unlimited and I think YouTube Tv has a limit.  I know that is not a problem for most, but we are a family of 6 and have multiple TVs in basement that we watch football on during the weekend.  First world problem, but maybe a consideration for others.

13 minutes ago, schlesinj said:

I briefly thought about switching from Hulu but unless I am missing something I am concerned with not being able to use multiple devises at one time.  My Hulu account I believe is unlimited and I think YouTube Tv has a limit.  I know that is not a problem for most, but we are a family of 6 and have multiple TVs in basement that we watch football on during the weekend.  First world problem, but maybe a consideration for others.

I think YouTube TV is three devices at once

Just picked up a Fire TV Recast, on sale ($100 off) for $129 to DVR OTA channels. The antenna I bought does well in Queens NY, so should be even better in Boise

Anyone have the Fire TV Recast? Opinions?

2 hours ago, schlesinj said:

Unless you pay for more I believe you only get 2 simulcasts with Hulu.

21 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

I’m experiencing the same thing. Seems like anything live is almost unwatchable the past week. I’d really like to make it through football season before switching to YouTube, but I’m not sure I can put up with the constant freezing and buffering. How long is YouTube‘s free trial, one week?

1 minute ago, Man In The Box said:

I’m experiencing the same thing. Seems like anything live is almost unwatchable the past week. I’d really like to make it through football season before switching to YouTube, but I’m not sure I can put up with the constant freezing and buffering. How long is YouTube‘s free trial, one week?

It's only 5 days.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:23 PM, CletiusMaximus said:

Email I received today:

Yep, got that also.

And so it begins....

2 hours ago, jamny said:

Just picked up a Fire TV Recast, on sale ($100 off) for $129 to DVR OTA channels. The antenna I bought does well in Queens NY, so should be even better in Boise

Anyone have the Fire TV Recast? Opinions?

I have one - works great.  Zero issues with it.  It ties in perfectly with my Fire TV.  It streams over your wifi, so you can stick it in any room you want.  Having that flexibility is key when using the indoor antenna.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ned said:

I have one - works great.  Zero issues with it.  It ties in perfectly with my Fire TV.  It streams over your wifi, so you can stick it in any room you want.  Having that flexibility is key when using the indoor antenna.

Good to hear!

I have 2 firesticks that I configured and will be bringing with me to Boise. Do you think there would be an issue with testing the Recast here in NY before bringing it there, besides having to re scan the antenna and setup the wifi? Or should I start fresh there with the recast.

1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

Firestick 4K currently on sale for $24.99.

Decent deal

5 hours ago, jamny said:

Good to hear!

I have 2 firesticks that I configured and will be bringing with me to Boise. Do you think there would be an issue with testing the Recast here in NY before bringing it there, besides having to re scan the antenna and setup the wifi? Or should I start fresh there with the recast.

I can't see any issues other than having to set it back up for that wifi and rescanning your antenna.  It's a quick process to rescan; I've probably scanned 100x while trying to perfect the antenna placement.  :OCD: 

• Thanks 1

Overall I was happy with Youtube TV, our bedroom TV which is second floor opposite side of the house from my router in the basement would on live events (ie sports) occasionally hiccup and freeze. Didn't seem to do it on normal broadcast tv. I think I could have eliminated this by moving the router to the living room if cutting the cord because I would have no longer needed the cable jack there. That said I called Directv and they gave me $75 a month off for 12 months plus changed my package that I lost one telemundo channel but gained 7 or 8 other channels I'll never watch but all toll got my bill down to $58 before tax. For $8 a month more I keep my one small local channel we watch for news in the morning, NFL network and don't have to listen to my wife complain about learning a new system. So staying with Directv another 12 months, then we will see what they will do to keep me.