Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Addai's Adidas

We've cut the cable

1 minute ago, fruity pebbles said:

Youtubetv, HBO and Netflix can all be split if you have a friend who’s shows you don’t mind seeing in your saved list etc. Can get all 3 for a split cost of like $45. 

Each family member on YTTV gets their own saved list and DVR. Family members do not have to live in the same house. Total device limitation (3) still applies though. But you caln also use your YTTV login for some other apps like ESPN to watch games and this is not subject to the 3 device limit.

35 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Yep, I was on YouTube TV until they raised the price.  I was looking at Philo last night a bit.  $20 for like 50 channels and the list is pretty good, but unfortunately no locals and no sports so it's really not solving my biggest problem.

Yep. I did the same, Philo worthless for what I need.

1 hour ago, Foosball God said:

Yep, I was on YouTube TV until they raised the price.  I was looking at Philo last night a bit.  $20 for like 50 channels and the list is pretty good, but unfortunately no locals and no sports so it's really not solving my biggest problem.

Honestly with PS Vue gone, YTTV is almost the only option for sports heavy coverage. I don't think Hulu or Sling offer nearly as much, do they?

2 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Honestly with PS Vue gone, YTTV is almost the only option for sports heavy coverage. I don't think Hulu or Sling offer nearly as much, do they?

If you're just looking sports Fubo is probably your best bet.  I think Sling offers comparable coverage if you add enough packages, but that gets expensive really quickly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Hulu Live is pretty darn good. I get pretty much everything sports related and haven't felt like I've missed out on anything.

ESPN adds some stuff to their app that they don't broadcast on regular ESPN, and for me it was a few KU basketball games. I just subscribed to that for $5 a month for a couple of months until the season was over.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

If you're just looking sports Fubo is probably your best bet.  I think Sling offers comparable coverage if you add enough packages, but that gets expensive really quickly.

Except Fubo lost the following:

CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, HLN, TruTV, TCM, and CNN International

Not having TBS or TNT isn't helpful for some sports.

Edited by gianmarco

1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

Except Fubo lost the following:

CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, HLN, TruTV, TCM, and CNN International

Not having TBS or TNT isn't helpful for some sports.

True, I don't watch basketball so probably why it didn't come into my focus.

1 minute ago, Foosball God said:

True, I don't watch basketball so probably why it didn't come into my focus.

I don't either but UEFA soccer has been on those channels and I believe they still have rights to some of those matches.  It's not a killer, but those are a couple major channels that are dropped.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I second NFLBite for Sunday games. I've NEVER not found a good stream there. Sometimes you gotta try 2 or 3 to get a good HD stream, but it literally takes less than a minute to find a good one.

When I find a good stream from NFLBite, I'm able to open the "developer" window in my browser, find the .m3u address, then plug it into my raspberry pi and easily watch it full screen on my tv. Works great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ConstruxBoy said:

I guess really just depends what you need. I've went with Sling for NBA playoffs. (Believe they have NFL Redzone offering as well). More than enough for what I'm looking for

With limited/no college sports, there's a whole lot of sports channels with absolutely no content right now.

I absolutely despise the layout of YoutubeTV and doubt I'll ever go back to it. And I'm a heavy user of the regular Youtube App.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

3 hours ago, gianmarco said:

I don't either but UEFA soccer has been on those channels and I believe they still have rights to some of those matches.  It's not a killer, but those are a couple major channels that are dropped.

I believe these moved to CBS sports when B/R & Turner canceled the contract.  If you aren't a basketball or a fan of atl teams, you might not need it.

Looks like it was announced the end of August, but just catching up to the fact that Verizon extended the offer of free Disney+ beyond the initial one-year period (and added Hulu and ESPN+ too).  At least that's what I think they are saying with their very confusing wording on everything I have read.

YouTube TV has just added NFL Network to its base package.  Takes at least a little bit of the sting out of their recent $15/month price hike.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:11 AM, Foosball God said:

Sling Orange has everything you need for the NBA playoffs - ESPN, TBS, TNT. I picked it up for $30 for this month.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 10:26 AM, ChiefD said:

Hulu Live is pretty darn good. I get pretty much everything sports related and haven't felt like I've missed out on anything.

:goodposting:

The only drawback to Hulu is no NFL Network. I'm looking for a way to get out of market NFL games without having to go back to DirectTV.

1 hour ago, Spanky267 said:

The only drawback to Hulu is no NFL Network. I'm looking for a way to get out of market NFL games without having to go back to DirectTV.

If you have Prime they have Thursday night football.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yes sir, I have it. But I am a Bucs fan in Austin, TX and its Cowboys or Texans constantly. When we dumped DTV earlier this year I didnt even notice that Hulu didnt carry NFL network. Might have to resub to them just to get the ticket. 

On 9/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, PlayaHata said:

YouTube TV has just added NFL Network to its base package.  Takes at least a little bit of the sting out of their recent $15/month price hike.

How does that work? i.e. are you able to select any live game to watch? Is it just your in-market games plus a few? Is it like Game Pass where you can watch any game, but not live (and often a day+ after it happens)?

Had Game Pass and liked it but really thought not seeing any live games outside those aired in your area was not worth the $100 price tag.

On another note -- with a 133 page thread, is there a cheat sheet/consensus about the best current one or two paths to cut cable?

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, stbugs said:

I’m not seeing tonight’s game when I search Prime. Is it exclusively on NFLN?

1 hour ago, boilerdave said:

I’m not seeing tonight’s game when I search Prime. Is it exclusively on NFLN?

I think it is. Says Prime starts week 5 on the web site I looked at. Never realized that and don’t know if that’s a change from last year.

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I think it is. Says Prime starts week 5 on the web site I looked at. Never realized that and don’t know if that’s a change from last year.

Yeah I saw that. Guess I’m SOL tonight.  

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Pretty sure it was like that last year also. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 6:51 PM, stbugs said:

That’s how it was last year

Big news IMO for those that have cut the cable and have Roku.

Roku and Comcast reach agreement to carry Peacock on Roku

Lots of free, ad supported content. Looking forward for to it, now just need to get the HBO Max app on Roku

• Like 1

Youtube TV now has NFL Network and Redzone....

Edited by scottybo

13 hours ago, scottybo said:

Youtube TV now has NFL Network and Redzone....

For how much?

18 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

For how much?

NFL Network is included in the base package, so no extra cost for that.  NFL RedZone is included in their SportsPlus add-on package for an extra $10.99/month.  It includes all of these channels:

NFL RedZone
FOX College Sports
GOLTV
FOX Soccer Plus
MAVTV Motorsports Network
TVG / TVG2
Stadium

• Thanks 1

I attempted NFLbite to stream the Steelers game and while it worked, it made me a little nervous about infecting my Mac.  Not sure I’m going to try that again.

2 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I attempted NFLbite to stream the Steelers game and while it worked, it made me a little nervous about infecting my Mac.  Not sure I’m going to try that again.

Work the pop ups just like you do for a Reddit stream. There is zero to worry about, although not a Mac guy. 

3 hours ago, PlayaHata said:

NFL Network is included in the base package, so no extra cost for that.  NFL RedZone is included in their SportsPlus add-on package for an extra $10.99/month.  It includes all of these channels:

NFL RedZone
FOX College Sports
GOLTV
FOX Soccer Plus
MAVTV Motorsports Network
TVG / TVG2
Stadium

are you paying $65 for the base package?

7 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

are you paying $65 for the base package?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

So YouTube TV has removed the Regional Fox Sports networks over a negotiation dispute.  Hope they get that fixed quickly.

6 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

So YouTube TV has removed the Regional Fox Sports networks over a negotiation dispute.  Hope they get that fixed quickly.

That has been going on for quite a while.  I canceled my subscription with YouTube TV back in March and switched to Hulu live when they originally dropped the Fox Sports Networks. They brought them back but in limited markets (I am in Iowa so I could not get Fox Sports North to watch the Twins).  I was and am disappointed because I liked their interface. I think Hulu and FuboTV are the only major streamers that currently have the Fox Sports channels.

14 hours ago, snellman said:

That has been going on for quite a while.  I canceled my subscription with YouTube TV back in March and switched to Hulu live when they originally dropped the Fox Sports Networks. They brought them back but in limited markets (I am in Iowa so I could not get Fox Sports North to watch the Twins).  I was and am disappointed because I liked their interface. I think Hulu and FuboTV are the only major streamers that currently have the Fox Sports channels.

Luckily Fox Sports Detroit went forward under their extension that ended on Oct 1.  Ironically, I went with YouTube TV because of the sports options.  Will have to see how this shakes out but will look into Hulu as a potential alternate choice.  Thanks for the info!

On 9/27/2020 at 3:48 PM, KiddLattimer said:

The new Chromecast with a remote and Android TV UI (out later this week) looks pretty sweet

Picked one up last week, it's definitely a great little device for $50 (and since it's Google it will be on sale for Black Friday). Only "issue" is the AI suggestions are off target for now, but they seem to be changing quickly now that it sees what I'm clicking on.

I was a Roku guy but the last two devices have had weird issues where they go static until the HDMI is unplugged and reseated. Might just replace them all if the BF sale is good enough.

• Like 1

Cancelled Youtube TV because of the price increase. I had Disney+ bundle mainly for ESPN+ because of the soccer coverage and, eventually, college basketball. Went with Hulu+ Live TV with Disney/ESPN bundle (you go through Hulu rather than Disney) for $61.99/month, saves me $20 a month and don't miss anything I actually watch (don't really watch NFL anymore outside of finding Steelers' streams).

4 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Cancelled Youtube TV because of the price increase. I had Disney+ bundle mainly for ESPN+ because of the soccer coverage and, eventually, college basketball. Went with Hulu+ Live TV with Disney/ESPN bundle (you go through Hulu rather than Disney) for $61.99/month, saves me $20 a month and don't miss anything I actually watch (don't really watch NFL anymore outside of finding Steelers' streams).

Can you imagine being a Cowboys fan and paying Directv to put a dish on your roof just so you can watch football and then they go 1-3 before Dak breaks his leg?  No way I'm ever paying to watch football.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Can you imagine being a Cowboys fan and paying Directv to put a dish on your roof just so you can watch football and then they go 1-3 before Dak breaks his leg?  No way I'm ever paying to watch football.  

They'll be better w/o Dak. 

Sucks he got hurt, but It will be a blessing in disguise for the organization.

Already 1-0 in games finished by comeback king Andy Dalton. 

:coffee: 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

I tried going with spectrum and using only the app, no equipment, 44.99/ month.  Service was terrible, took 3 days and about 2 hours on the phone to get the app to work.  High traffic channels (like nfl football games) would buffer constantly, super annoying.  I called and canceled today, crazy that 2 years of Hulu USING spectrum internet, no buffering, one month of spectrum app using the same internet and constantly buffering.  Trying YouTube tv now.

21 hours ago, McBokonon said:

How satisfied are you overall with Hulu TV+ vs. YTTV?  I looked up a comparison of the two and a big turnoff for me with Hulu TV+ is the fact you can’t FF through commercials on your DVR without paying an additional $10/mo.  That’s a no-go for me and drops the monthly savings over YTTV to only $10/mo, which isn’t enough to get me to switch.

3 minutes ago, PlayaHata said:

How satisfied are you overall with Hulu TV+ vs. YTTV?  I looked up a comparison of the two and a big turnoff for me with Hulu TV+ is the fact you can’t FF through commercials on your DVR without paying an additional $10/mo.  That’s a no-go for me and drops the monthly savings over YTTV to only $10/mo, which isn’t enough to get me to switch.

So far so good. I’m only a couple of days in and haven’t watched anything on DVR. If it’s too annoying I’ll add the feature. $10 is still $10 and I like having these things consolidated. 

I'm still using locast.org for local channels. I donate $5/month and get like 30 OTA channels out of DC, which is 90 miles east of me. I'll ride them until the big boys put them out of business. Then I'll have to go back to Hulu or Sling or whatever to get 4 local stations.

So, I have: Locast @ $5/month, Frndly @ $7/month (it has the Weather Channel :bag: ), and Prime for whatever that costs (& which I'd have anyway). $80/mo for internet.

I'm down to just about 1/4 of what I used to pay for DTV and internet a few years ago. I don't watch a ton of TV anymore and I live alone, so my workarounds wouldn't fit most households. 

On 10/14/2020 at 6:15 AM, PlayaHata said:

Just to come back to this, I just found they actually have a package with the unlimited cloud for $67.99, so overall it comes out to $15/mo less than YTTV with Disney/ESPN.

The other awesome benefit of cutting the cord:

Just bought a second home, and now we basically get free TV there.  Just use all the same accounts we’re already paying for, no extra charge.  Yeah we have to pay for internet there, but we’d do that anyway.  

$

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otis said:

The other awesome benefit of cutting the cord:

Just bought a second home, and now we basically get free TV there.  Just use all the same accounts we’re already paying for, no extra charge.  Yeah we have to pay for internet there, but we’d do that anyway.  

$

Other than the max screens/users, sure. It's fantastic. 

Anyone else experiencing issues with the Hulu live guide right now?  When I search the guide under "All", it shows like every local CBS channel out there.  I've tried on a Roku, fire stick and my MacBook and same issue.  I wonder if one of my settings is out of whack.  

42 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Anyone else experiencing issues with the Hulu live guide right now?  When I search the guide under "All", it shows like every local CBS channel out there.  I've tried on a Roku, fire stick and my MacBook and same issue.  I wonder if one of my settings is out of whack.  

Just checked on an Apple TV and I also have a ton of CBS local channels and it looks like a few other channels are duplicated (notice A&E for example at the top of my guide was duplicated, showing different shows, so likely an East coast and a West coast feed)

• Like 1