Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Addai's Adidas

We've cut the cable

Just now, acarey50 said:

Just checked on an Apple TV and I also have a ton of CBS local channels and it looks like a few other channels are duplicated (notice A&E for example at the top of my guide was duplicated, showing different shows, so likely an East coast and a West coast feed)

Thanks - glad it's not just me then.  And it's like a 25 minute wait to get chat support.  I've been on the fence about cutting Hulu but this will be the final straw (assuming it's not resolved in the next couple days).  

1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Thanks - glad it's not just me then.  And it's like a 25 minute wait to get chat support.  I've been on the fence about cutting Hulu but this will be the final straw (assuming it's not resolved in the next couple days).  

Or you look at it as them giving you 500 free additional channels - now if only it included HBO and the other pay channels

1 minute ago, acarey50 said:

Or you look at it as them giving you 500 free additional channels - now if only it included HBO and the other pay channels

They're not free channels though.  They're all just different CBS local channels.  And if you click on any of them, it says "not available in your market" or something like that.  So it takes me 10 minutes to scroll through all of those CBS channels to advance in the guide!  No thank you.

5 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

They're not free channels though.  They're all just different CBS local channels.  And if you click on any of them, it says "not available in your market" or something like that.  So it takes me 10 minutes to scroll through all of those CBS channels to advance in the guide!  No thank you.

Ugh, yeah, hope they get it fixed quick

Well, crap. Back to the drawing board.

Hulu Live just sent out an email that they no longer have the rights to Regional Sports (like Fox Sports Midwest), which carries the Royals and our local Sporting KC MLS team. Effective tomorrow. :lol:

Bummer. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:25 PM, Otis said:

The other awesome benefit of cutting the cord:

Just bought a second home, and now we basically get free TV there.  Just use all the same accounts we’re already paying for, no extra charge.  Yeah we have to pay for internet there, but we’d do that anyway.  

$

True.  Or hotels while traveling etc.  

On 10/22/2020 at 6:22 AM, ChiefD said:

Hulu Live just sent out an email that they no longer have the rights to Regional Sports (like Fox Sports Midwest), which carries the Royals and our local Sporting KC MLS team. Effective tomorrow. :lol:

Bummer. 

:lmao: 

And I'm sure they're giving some sort of refunds right?

• Laughing 1

On 10/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, ChiefD said:

Bummer. 

Does a digital antenna work for the local games?   We pickup up 1 and we get 36 stations.  <$50 

2 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Does a digital antenna work for the local games?   We pickup up 1 and we get 36 stations.  <$50 

It will work on anything broadcast on the major networks - ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC. As long as their signal is strong enough to reach your house. The antenna usually tells you what your mile radius is, so as long as the local affiliate is within that radius you should get those channels.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 11:56 AM, ChiefD said:

It will work on anything broadcast on the major networks - ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC. As long as their signal is strong enough to reach your house. The antenna usually tells you what your mile radius is, so as long as the local affiliate is within that radius you should get those channels.

Or check out your range to your address on tvfool  dot com.