Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senor Schmutzig

Eagle Cam!

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html

Pretty cool site that shows a live webcam of a bald eagle and three eggs that are going to hatch in a few days. Considering the rarity of the bird, this is a great opportunity to check out these majestic creatures. There is a good ongoing discussion on the right side of the page with some great information.

:whitecorner:

May not be as cool as the African watering hole cam of a few years back but it's a much closer shot.

Momma just came back on the nest. The dad was sitting on it for awhile but took off when the female was about to return.

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html

Pretty cool site that shows a live webcam of a bald eagle and three eggs that are going to hatch in a few days. Considering the rarity of the bird, this is a great opportunity to check out these majestic creatures. There is a good ongoing discussion on the right side of the page with some great information.

:whitecorner:

May not be as cool as the African watering hole cam of a few years back but it's a much closer shot.

Momma just came back on the nest. The dad was sitting on it for awhile but took off when the female was about to return.

I remember 15 years ago when seeing a Bald Eagle was something you pulled the car over for the family to see. I remember learning about the dangers of DDT in fourth grade.

But now a days they've really made a comeback. Along the Mississippi and near chicken farms, Wisconsin is, in fact, lousy with Bald Eagles.

Still cool though.

I remember 15 years ago when seeing a Bald Eagle was something you pulled the car over for the family to see. I remember learning about the dangers of DDT in fourth grade.But now a days they've really made a comeback. Along the Mississippi and near chicken farms, Wisconsin is, in fact, lousy with Bald Eagles.Still cool though.

I was at the San Antonio zoo the other day and the plaque there said they aren't even endangered anymore and there are thousands around.

"Hey, what's up...I'm a bald eagle....I'm just hanging out waiting on these eggs to hatch...it's kind of boring sitting here so thanks for stopping by....I might go do something later but mostly I'm going to sit here and look off to my left at something you can't see....sucker..."

"Hey, what's up...I'm a bald eagle....I'm just hanging out waiting on these eggs to hatch...it's kind of boring sitting here so thanks for stopping by....I might go do something later but mostly I'm going to sit here and look off to my left at something you can't see....sucker..."

We're expecting an egg roll any minute now. Please stay tuned as the eagle gets up and moves the eggs around. :excited:

I saw an eagle yesterday outside my office.

Don't lie, Bob. No one is impressed.

lolI still plan on replying to your e-mail. :bag:

The Department of Interior took bald eagles off the Threatened and Endangered Species list in 2007. Its what the US fish and wildlife service works towards with all species. Its just not the norm because species populations are sometimes too small and habitat no longer exists. Bald Eagles are still protected by the migratory bird act and the bald and golden eagle protection act.

The department of interior national training center also has a bald eagle web cam. I'm not sure if its only a campus feed or is out on the web anywhere.

One interesting fact that I would have never guessed is Alabama has the 3rd most Threatened and Endangered species in the country behind Hawaii and California.

There are actually quite a few bald eagles where I live. I generally see a few a year on my morning runs. Pretty darn cool. There is an aerie along a back road you can see, as well.

lolI still plan on replying to your e-mail. :bag:
There is only one person to blame for your lack of Suzy Orman-Level-Financial-Freedom....and he looks at you from the other side of the mirror each morning.

Is this the same eagle and nest where the government let the eaglet die last year?

:coffee:

Good morning, old friend....hope you have a great day of sitting and doing nothing.

Windy.

:goodposting:

really windy.

HANG ON, EAGLE!

WOW

Not the best photographer in the world, but, link.

What does that have to do with OUR Eagle, bub?

WOW

Not the best photographer in the world, but, link.

What does that have to do with OUR Eagle, bub?
Didn't realize you could own an eagle, boob.

Very nice!! :thanks:

Someone should get the bird an iPod. That's an awfully long time to sit there doing nothing.

Bump. This is actually interesting.

Lots of potential schtick here.

Someone should get the bird an iPod. That's an awfully long time to sit there doing nothing.

Why do I think this eagle would prefer something with a mouse?

I just checked in on him. Apparently the hatching is imminent. Do we have any pledges around here that we can conscript in to watching 24 hours a day and faxing all the 2 and 3 digiters when Lil'Eagle starts to emerge?

I just checked in on him. Apparently the hatching is imminent. Do we have any pledges around here that we can conscript in to watching 24 hours a day and faxing all the 2 and 3 digiters when Lil'Eagle starts to emerge?

Supposed to start happening tomorrow or Saturday...hatching takes up to 3 days from what I read... and the answer is NO.

I just checked in on him. Apparently the hatching is imminentâ„¢. Do we have any pledges around here that we can conscript in to watching 24 hours a day and faxing all the 2 and 3 digiters when Lil'Eagle starts to emerge?

Supposed to start happening tomorrow or Saturday...hatching takes up to 3 days from what I read... and the answer is NO.
Can someone call the nerds running this experiment and tell them we don't work here on Saturdays?