What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Meltdown in Japan's Reactors (2 Viewers)

I just hate editorializing in a headline. Do you really think that the Japanese engineers are so stupid that they didn't realize that when seawater evaporates, it leaves salt behind?I will tell you what I have learned from this: news organizations don't sell news. They sell fear. Warranted or unwarranted. And too many people suck it up.
It took you until now to learn this?Should I blame your parents or your teachers?

"Entombing" would not be done for "radiation" concerns, but for economic ones. It might be cheaper to encase these reactors in concrete than to clean up the mess.
But, the "mess" wouldn't be expensive because of "radiation" concerns. It would be just so disorganized, one wouldn't know where to start. :rolleyes: At least enough time has passed that folks can draw cartoons.

I will tell you what I have learned from this: news organizations don't sell news. They sell fear. Warranted or unwarranted. And too many people suck it up.
Would love to have seen this quote from you when the fear being sold largely supported your political agenda from '01-'08.

Reported there is a core breach. Un good. Possible uncontrolled radiation leakage.
What I read: According to the officials, pressure inside the reactor core is stable and the agency doesn't believe the reactor is cracked or broken. But it says it is highly possible that radioactive materials are leaking from somewhere in the reactor.Not really sure where the leak would be from.Good news: they should be able to start pumping fresh water into some of the reactors soon.

This whole thread is full of shtick, but I think it's incredibly ironic how much alarm is being raised here and elsewhere when a mere 55 years ago we were responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths by radiation and felt justified for doing it.
Ironic certainly but the circumstances couldn't be more different. And for the record I'm not totally on board with the dropping of two atomic weapons on a country we pretty much could have firebombed back to the stone ages ( and did to a certain extent).[/endhijack]

Breach in reactor suspected at Japanese nuke plant

By SHINO YUASA and JAY ALABASTER, Associated Press

TOKYO – A suspected breach in the core of a reactor at the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant could mean more serious radioactive contamination, Japanese officials revealed Friday, as the prime minister called the country's ongoing fight to stabilize the plant "very grave and serious."

A somber Prime Minister Naoto Kan sounded a pessimistic note at a briefing hours after nuclear safety officials announced what could be a major setback in the urgent mission to stop the plant from leaking radiation, two weeks after a devastating earthquake and tsunami disabled it.

"The situation today at the Fukushima Dai-ichi power plant is still very grave and serious. We must remain vigilant," Kan said. "We are not in a position where we can be optimistic. We must treat every development with the utmost care."

The uncertain situation halted work at the nuclear complex, where dozens had been trying feverishly to stop the overheated plant from leaking dangerous radiation. The plant has leaked some low levels of radiation, but a breach could mean a much larger release of contaminants.

The possible breach in Unit 3 might be a crack or a hole in the stainless steel chamber of the reactor core or in the spent fuel pool that's lined with several feet of reinforced concrete. The temperature and pressure inside the core, which holds the fuel rods, remained stable and was far lower than would further melt the core.

Suspicions of a possible breach were raised when two workers waded into water 10,000 times more radioactive than levels normally found in water in or around a reactor and suffered skin burns, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said.

Kan apologized to farmers and business owners for the toll the radiation has had on their livelihoods: Several countries have halted some food imports from areas near the plant after milk and produce were found to contain elevated levels of radiation.

He also thanked utility workers, firefighters and military personnel for "risking their lives" to cool the overheated facility.

The alarm Friday comes two weeks to the day since the magnitude-9 quake triggered a tsunami that enveloped cities along the northeastern coast and knocked out the Fukushima reactor's cooling systems.

Police said the official death toll jumped past 10,000 on Friday. With the cleanup and recovery operations continuing and more than 17,400 listed as missing, the final number of dead was expected to surpass 18,000.

The nuclear crisis has compounded the challenges faced by a nation already saddled with a humanitarian disaster. Much of the frigid northeast remains a scene of despair and devastation, with Japan struggling to feed and house hundreds of thousands of homeless survivors, clear away debris and bury the dead.

A breach could mean a leak has been seeping for days, likely since the hydrogen explosion at Unit 3 on March 14. It's not clear if any of the contaminated water has run into the ground. Radiation readings for the air were not yet available for Friday, but detections in recent days have shown no significant spike.

But elevated levels of radiation have already turned up in raw milk, seawater and 11 kinds of vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower and turnips. Tap water in several areas of Japan — including Tokyo — also showed radiation levels considered unsafe for infants, who are particularly vulnerable to cancer-causing radioactive iodine, officials said.

The scare caused a run on bottled water in the capital, and Tokyo municipal officials are distributing it to families with babies.

Previous radioactive emissions have come from intentional efforts to vent small amounts of steam through valves to prevent the core from bursting. However, releases from a breach could allow uncontrolled quantities of radioactive contaminants to escape into the surrounding ground or air.

Government spokesman Yukio Edano said "safety measures may not be adequate" and warned that may contribute to rising anxiety among people about how the disaster is being managed.

"We have to make sure that safety is secured for the people working in that area. We truly believe that is incumbent upon us," the chief Cabinet secretary told reporters.

Edano said people living 12 to 20 miles (20 to 30 kilometers) from the plant should still be safe from the radiation as long as they stay indoors. But since supplies are not being delivered to the area fast enough, he said it may be better for residents in the area to voluntarily evacuate to places with better facilities.

"If the current situation is protracted and worsens, then we will not deny the possibility of (mandatory) evacuation," he said.

NISA spokesman Hidehiko Nishiyama said later that plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. was issued a "very strong warning" for safety violations and that a thorough review would be conducted once the situation stabilizes.

Meanwhile, damage to factories was taking its toll on the world's third-largest economy and creating a ripple effect felt worldwide.

Nissan Motor Co. said it may move part of its engine production line to the United States because of damage to a plant.

The quake and tsunami are emerging as the world's most expensive natural disasters on record, wreaking up to $310 billion in damages, the government said.

"There is no doubt that we have immense economic and financial damage," Finance Minister Yoshihiko Noda said. "It will be our task how to recover from the damage."

At Sendai's port, brand new Toyota cars lay crushed in piles. At the airport, flooded by the tsunami on March 11, U.S. Marines used bulldozers and shovels to shift wrecked cars that lay scattered like discarded toys.

Still, there were examples of resilience, patience and fortitude across the region.

In Soma, a hard-hit town along the Fukushima prefecture coast, rubble covered the block where Hiroshi Suzuki's home once stood. He watched as soldiers dug into mounds of timber had been neighbors' homes in search of bodies. Just three bodies have been pulled out.

"I never expected to have to live through anything like this," he said mournfully. Suzuki is one of Soma's lucky residents, but the tsunami washed away the shop where he sold fish and seaweed.

"My business is gone. I don't think I will ever be able to recover," said Suzuki, 59.

Still, he managed to find a bright side. "The one good thing is the way everyone is pulling together and helping each other. No one is stealing or looting," he said.

"It makes me feel proud to be Japanese."

___

Alabaster reported from Onagawa. Associated Press writers Elaine Kurtenbach, Tomoko A. Hosaka, Kristen Gelineau, Jean H. Lee and Jeff Donn in Tokyo, Eric Talmadge in Soma and Johnson Lai in Sendai contributed to this report.

This whole thread is full of shtick, but I think it's incredibly ironic how much alarm is being raised here and elsewhere when a mere 55 years ago we were responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths by radiation and felt justified for doing it.
Ironic certainly but the circumstances couldn't be more different. And for the record I'm not totally on board with the dropping of two atomic weapons on a country we pretty much could have firebombed back to the stone ages ( and did to a certain extent).[/endhijack]
We did firebomb them back to the stone ages. It didn't work.

I will tell you what I have learned from this: news organizations don't sell news. They sell fear. Warranted or unwarranted. And too many people suck it up.
Would love to have seen this quote from you when the fear being sold largely supported your political agenda from '01-'08.
You may have been afraid. I never was.
How is that relevant?
How is TommyGunz relevant?

Sure it did. Our government merely told us that it didn't work to justify use of the atomic bombs.

Sure it did. Our government merely told us that it didn't work to justify use of the atomic bombs.
Yeah, tell that to the guys who slugged through Okinawa. Revisionist history at its finest.

Yeah, tell that to the guys who slugged through Okinawa. Revisionist history at its finest.
There are still plenty of people who cling to the lie out of guilt.

There are still plenty of people who cling to the lie out of guilt.
It was reality but if you want to armchair qb it, go ahead. Guilt? :lmao:

No they sell whatever sells. Don't blame the news organizations. They have noticed, over the last couple of weeks, that every time they mention the word "nuclear" they get more viewers than when they just focus on the tsunami. So naturally they have one story after another about the nuclear situation, and a lot of this involves turning every molehill into a mountain.But suppose the public in general was bored with the nuclear stuff and turned the channel whenever it was featured? Then the news organizations would stop trying to sell it.

It's difficult to justify the execution of 250,000 women and children. One way to do it is to claim that those women and children would have armed themselves and killed millions of our soldiers. With sticks and rocks. Well, it could have happened, right??

It's difficult to justify the execution of 250,000 women and children. One way to do it is to claim that those women and children would have armed themselves and killed millions of our soldiers. With sticks and rocks. Well, it could have happened, right??
War is hell. :bye:
Indeed. Folks in Dresden were carpet bombed for retaliation too. War sucks but if you are not prepared to suffer the consequences of your actions then don't start one involving most of the industrialized world. I'm not saying what was done was right but looking through a 70 year old hindsight telescope back to the day doesn't play in my book. Sorry Joe.Now can we please get this thread back on track so Ham & Dodds can get me up to date on when, exactly, the world will be ending? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
No they sell whatever sells. Don't blame the news organizations. They have noticed, over the last couple of weeks, that every time they mention the word "nuclear" they get more viewers than when they just focus on the tsunami. So naturally they have one story after another about the nuclear situation, and a lot of this involves turning every molehill into a mountain.But suppose the public in general was bored with the nuclear stuff and turned the channel whenever it was featured? Then the news organizations would stop trying to sell it.
Fear sells.

Fear sells.
I have a question. Should we stop drinking milk for a while? I heard lots of people developed thyroid cancer after Chernobyl because the governments in Russia and Europe didn't warn their people not to drink radioactive milk.

Fear sells.
I have a question. Should we stop drinking milk for a while? I heard lots of people developed thyroid cancer after Chernobyl because the governments in Russia and Europe didn't warn their people not to drink radioactive milk.
I'm not changing my drinking habits.
Yeah, sure. I take that you mean you don't drink milk anyway.
No but I eat a lot of yogurt, and I'm not changing that habit either.

Crap! I didn't think of yogurt and just stocked up with 4 containers of Chobani. :hot: It takes a while for the yogurt culture to grow so these must be made with milk more than two weeks old. I have to go cold turkey on Greek yogurt after I finish the current supply.

Crap! I didn't think of yogurt and just stocked up with 4 containers of Chobani. :hot: It takes a while for the yogurt culture to grow so these must be made with milk more than two weeks old. I have to go cold turkey on Greek yogurt after I finish the current supply.
What a coincidence, that's my favorite brand as well. But I'm not worried about yogurt or milk unless it came from cows that were grazing on the reactor grounds the whole time. And then only for 2 months or so.

What a coincidence, that's my favorite brand as well. But I'm not worried about yogurt or milk unless it came from cows that were grazing on the reactor grounds the whole time. And then only for 2 months or so.
:) This is completely off topic but I have been making my own yogurt for about three years. Homemade from organic milk (w/a little half and half or cream) is way better than anything I can find in stores. I go through at least a half gallon a week. Anyway, sometimes I lose my starter or the whey loses it's zip and when that happens I've discovered Chobani is by far the best starter for a new batch. Full fat Fage is my favorite store brand, but Chobani has the best cultures.Back to your regularly scheduled apocalypse.

oops
TOKYO – Mounting problems, including badly miscalculated radiation figures and inadequate storage tanks for huge amounts of contaminated water, stymied emergency workers Sunday as they struggled to nudge Japan's stricken nuclear complex back from the edge of disaster.

Workers are attempting to remove the radioactive water from the tsunami-ravaged nuclear compound and restart the regular cooling systems for the dangerously hot fuel.

The day began with company officials reporting that radiation in leaking water in the Unit 2 reactor was 10 million times above normal, a spike that forced employees to flee the unit. The day ended with officials saying the huge figure had been miscalculated and offering apologies.

"The number is not credible," said Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Takashi Kurita. "We are very sorry."

A few hours later, TEPCO Vice President Sakae Muto said a new test had found radiation levels 100,000 times above normal — far better than the first results, though still very high.

But he ruled out having an independent monitor oversee the various checks despite the errors.

Officials acknowledged there was radioactive water in all four of the Fukushima Dai-ichi complex's most troubled reactors, and that airborne radiation in Unit 2 measured 1,000 millisieverts per hour, four times the limit deemed safe by the government.

Those high airborne readings — if accurate — would make it very difficult for emergency workers to get inside to pump out the water.

Officials say they still don't know where the radioactive water is coming from, though government spokesman Yukio Edano earlier said some is "almost certainly" seeping from a damaged reactor core in one of the units.

The discovery late last week of pools of radioactive water has been a major setback in the mission to get the crucial cooling systems operating more than two weeks after a massive earthquake and tsunami.

The magnitude-9 quake off Japan's northeast coast on March 11 triggered a tsunami that barreled onshore and disabled the Fukushima plant, complicating a humanitarian disaster that is thought to have killed about 18,000 people.

A top TEPCO official acknowledged it could take a long time to clean up the complex.

"We cannot say at this time how many months or years it will take," Muto said, insisting the main goal now is to keep the reactors cool.

Workers have been scrambling to remove the radioactive water from the four units and find a place to safely store it. Each unit may hold tens of thousands of gallons of radioactive water, said Minoru Ogoda of Japan's nuclear safety agency.

Safety agency officials had been hoping to pump the water into huge, partly empty tanks inside the reactor that are designed to hold condensed water.

Those tanks, though, turned out to be completely full, said Hidehiko Nishiyama of Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.

Meanwhile, plans to use regular power to restart the cooling system hit a roadblock when it turned out that cables had to be laid through turbine buildings flooded with the contaminated water.

"The problem is that right now nobody can reach the turbine houses where key electrical work must be done," Nishiyama said. "There is a possibility that we may have to give up on that plan."

Despite Sunday's troubles, officials continued to insist the situation had at least partially stabilized.

"We have somewhat prevented the situation from turning worse," Edano told reporters Sunday evening. "But the prospects are not improving in a straight line and we've expected twists and turns. The contaminated water is one of them and we'll continue to repair the damage."

The protracted nuclear crisis has spurred concerns about the safety of food and water in Japan, which is a prime source of seafood for some countries. Radiation has been found in food, seawater and even tap water supplies in Tokyo.

Just outside the coastal Fukushima nuclear plant, radioactivity in seawater tested about 1,250 times higher than normal last week — but that number had climbed to 1,850 times normal by the weekend.

Nishiyama said the increase was a concern, but also said the area is not a source of seafood and that the contamination posed no immediate threat to human health.

Up to 600 people are working inside the plant in shifts. Nuclear safety officials say workers' time inside the crippled units is closely monitored to minimize their exposure to radioactivity, but two workers were hospitalized Thursday when they suffered burns after stepping into contaminated water. They were to be released from the hospital Monday.

A poll, meanwhile, showed that support for Japan's prime minister had risen amid the disasters.

The poll conducted over the weekend by Kyodo News agency found that approval of Prime Minister Naoto Kan and his Cabinet rose to 28.3 percent after sinking below 20 percent in February, before the earthquake.

Last month's low approval led to speculation that Kan's days were numbered. While the latest figure is still low, it suggests he is making some gains with voters.

About 58 percent of respondents in the nationwide telephone survey of 1,011 people said they approved of the government's handling of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, but a similar number criticized its handling of the nuclear crisis.

The death toll from the disasters stood at 10,668 Sunday with 16,574 people missing, police said. Hundreds of thousands of people are homeless.
I wouldn't want to eat a picnic lunch in the reactor building, but so far, everything is not as bad as the media frenzy would have had you believe. Even the real radiation levels are not unexpected.

oops
TOKYO – Mounting problems, including badly miscalculated radiation figures and inadequate storage tanks for huge amounts of contaminated water, stymied emergency workers Sunday as they struggled to nudge Japan's stricken nuclear complex back from the edge of disaster.

Workers are attempting to remove the radioactive water from the tsunami-ravaged nuclear compound and restart the regular cooling systems for the dangerously hot fuel.

The day began with company officials reporting that radiation in leaking water in the Unit 2 reactor was 10 million times above normal, a spike that forced employees to flee the unit. The day ended with officials saying the huge figure had been miscalculated and offering apologies.

"The number is not credible," said Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Takashi Kurita. "We are very sorry."

A few hours later, TEPCO Vice President Sakae Muto said a new test had found radiation levels 100,000 times above normal — far better than the first results, though still very high.

But he ruled out having an independent monitor oversee the various checks despite the errors.

Officials acknowledged there was radioactive water in all four of the Fukushima Dai-ichi complex's most troubled reactors, and that airborne radiation in Unit 2 measured 1,000 millisieverts per hour, four times the limit deemed safe by the government.

Those high airborne readings — if accurate — would make it very difficult for emergency workers to get inside to pump out the water.

Officials say they still don't know where the radioactive water is coming from, though government spokesman Yukio Edano earlier said some is "almost certainly" seeping from a damaged reactor core in one of the units.

The discovery late last week of pools of radioactive water has been a major setback in the mission to get the crucial cooling systems operating more than two weeks after a massive earthquake and tsunami.

The magnitude-9 quake off Japan's northeast coast on March 11 triggered a tsunami that barreled onshore and disabled the Fukushima plant, complicating a humanitarian disaster that is thought to have killed about 18,000 people.

A top TEPCO official acknowledged it could take a long time to clean up the complex.

"We cannot say at this time how many months or years it will take," Muto said, insisting the main goal now is to keep the reactors cool.

Workers have been scrambling to remove the radioactive water from the four units and find a place to safely store it. Each unit may hold tens of thousands of gallons of radioactive water, said Minoru Ogoda of Japan's nuclear safety agency.

Safety agency officials had been hoping to pump the water into huge, partly empty tanks inside the reactor that are designed to hold condensed water.

Those tanks, though, turned out to be completely full, said Hidehiko Nishiyama of Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.

Meanwhile, plans to use regular power to restart the cooling system hit a roadblock when it turned out that cables had to be laid through turbine buildings flooded with the contaminated water.

"The problem is that right now nobody can reach the turbine houses where key electrical work must be done," Nishiyama said. "There is a possibility that we may have to give up on that plan."

Despite Sunday's troubles, officials continued to insist the situation had at least partially stabilized.

"We have somewhat prevented the situation from turning worse," Edano told reporters Sunday evening. "But the prospects are not improving in a straight line and we've expected twists and turns. The contaminated water is one of them and we'll continue to repair the damage."

The protracted nuclear crisis has spurred concerns about the safety of food and water in Japan, which is a prime source of seafood for some countries. Radiation has been found in food, seawater and even tap water supplies in Tokyo.

Just outside the coastal Fukushima nuclear plant, radioactivity in seawater tested about 1,250 times higher than normal last week — but that number had climbed to 1,850 times normal by the weekend.

Nishiyama said the increase was a concern, but also said the area is not a source of seafood and that the contamination posed no immediate threat to human health.

Up to 600 people are working inside the plant in shifts. Nuclear safety officials say workers' time inside the crippled units is closely monitored to minimize their exposure to radioactivity, but two workers were hospitalized Thursday when they suffered burns after stepping into contaminated water. They were to be released from the hospital Monday.

A poll, meanwhile, showed that support for Japan's prime minister had risen amid the disasters.

The poll conducted over the weekend by Kyodo News agency found that approval of Prime Minister Naoto Kan and his Cabinet rose to 28.3 percent after sinking below 20 percent in February, before the earthquake.

Last month's low approval led to speculation that Kan's days were numbered. While the latest figure is still low, it suggests he is making some gains with voters.

About 58 percent of respondents in the nationwide telephone survey of 1,011 people said they approved of the government's handling of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, but a similar number criticized its handling of the nuclear crisis.

The death toll from the disasters stood at 10,668 Sunday with 16,574 people missing, police said. Hundreds of thousands of people are homeless.
I wouldn't want to eat a picnic lunch in the reactor building, but so far, everything is not as bad as the media frenzy would have had you believe. Even the real radiation levels are not unexpected.
TEPCO reported it. The media should ignore what TEPCO reports?

Low levels of radioactive iodine likely resulting from the nuclear accident in Japan have been detected in a sample of rainwater in Massachusetts, state health officials said today.

To read more, visit http://www.boston.com

:confused:

In full meltdown. Radiation levels are 100,000 times normal level. Poisonous water leaking uncontrollably.

Is it time to panic yet? I guess it's too late for that now.

oops

No, but the numbers were wrong. That should be reported as well.

Doesn't it trouble you that the numbers were wrong? I mean, they didn't miss the number by a factor, but by several zeroes....These are supposed to be highly trained engineers here and their calculations are supposed to be credible to the nth degree, right?Still not in the "nothing to see here" camp, but there better be credible information to back up any claims that this is just background radiation, nothing more than flying across the atlantic, smoking a pack of cigs, and eating a few bananas on the way to the beach type radiation.

'Raiderfan32904 said:
'bueno said:
Doesn't it trouble you that the numbers were wrong? I mean, they didn't miss the number by a factor, but by several zeroes....These are supposed to be highly trained engineers here and their calculations are supposed to be credible to the nth degree, right?Still not in the "nothing to see here" camp, but there better be credible information to back up any claims that this is just background radiation, nothing more than flying across the atlantic, smoking a pack of cigs, and eating a few bananas on the way to the beach type radiation.
Tired people aren't allowed to make math errors now? Even if the spike were real, what would the odds be of it being an outlier with no statistical significance. I've worked with geochemistry enough to know not to put a whole lot of weight on a single reading, especially when it is not supported by multiple readings around it.

'bueno said:
'Fennis said:
'bueno said:
oops

It was.

Let's face it, I'm a bit jittery about these things... That said, I try to keep my paranoia pretty well suppressed in my real day-to-day life, then let it out in manic bursts here... That said, yesterday it came time for our regular "fish night" where I buy a whole fish and prepare it Thai style. I told my wife I have a decent sense of how radiation particles travel in the atmosphere and while I'm none-too-happy about it, I'm not hiding in the closet about that yet... But I have zero concept of how the massive amount of radiation dumped in the sea will behave in currents or even what's in there... Does this get swept into currents that go to the West Coast and up to Alaska. Regardless, I said to the wife that I don't feel comfortable eating fish for awhile... Just too hard to know where it came from and what it could have come into contact with... Surprisingly, no eye roll. She said that that actually made sense, so :shrug: . No fish, indefinitely.
You could buy a scintillometer for your bunker, you know.

Let's face it, I'm a bit jittery about these things... That said, I try to keep my paranoia pretty well suppressed in my real day-to-day life, then let it out in manic bursts here... That said, yesterday it came time for our regular "fish night" where I buy a whole fish and prepare it Thai style. I told my wife I have a decent sense of how radiation particles travel in the atmosphere and while I'm none-too-happy about it, I'm not hiding in the closet about that yet... But I have zero concept of how the massive amount of radiation dumped in the sea will behave in currents or even what's in there... Does this get swept into currents that go to the West Coast and up to Alaska. Regardless, I said to the wife that I don't feel comfortable eating fish for awhile... Just too hard to know where it came from and what it could have come into contact with... Surprisingly, no eye roll. She said that that actually made sense, so :shrug: . No fish, indefinitely.
I heard the radiation will get diluted in the big ocean. I'm struggling with the same dilemma. So many different kinds of food can get contaminated and one can hold off buying fresh produce for only so long. Who knows, the radiation can get higher as time goes by. This is really cramping my life style.

Does this mean no Kobe Steaks too? Cuz that would kinda suck.
I had some Sukiyaki in Tokyo and it was delicious even though it wasn't Kobe beef. I don't think I can look at another boiling pot of water in Japan the same way ever again. :thumbdown:

Does this mean no Kobe Steaks too? Cuz that would kinda suck.
I admit the fish thing is based on lack of understanding, but Bloomberg has reported the radiation levels today suggest at least Reactor 2 is in at least partial meltdown and it's been reported often that plutonium and MOX have leaked into the ocean. Don't know how this travels or dilutes of if and how it penetrates food chains, but I know it can't be good.This falls into the unifying theory of science that I'm working on and soon to publish is journals around the world:

Over significant periods of time, good things begets good results, while bad things beget bad results.
We found some radiation from Japan in the rain water and unmelted snow here. They say it has to be 25 times higher before it will be harmful. No need to worry unless more of this stuff keeps coming. :unsure: Link

Users who are viewing this thread