What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rebecca Black's Friday. A voice of the new generation (1 Viewer)

Wow, her face has really changed - I'm not sure I would have recognized her.

I still blast Friday every Friday morning to kick off the day - my wife loves it.

I'm still bummed they replaced the original video with a newer, slicker one.

And... they removed the random rap solo in the middle of the song.  :sadbanana:

I still blast Friday every Friday morning to kick off the day - my wife loves it.
That’s really something. At this point you might qualify as the biggest Rebecca Black fan on Earth.

Just played this song - never heard this in my life and with 4 kids I’m shocked as they always play stupid #### like this.  Song is horrible, how can you listen to that every Friday?

Get off my lawn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played this song - never heard this in my life and with 4 kids I’m shocked as they always play stupid #### like this.  Song is horrible, how can you listen to that every Friday?

Get off my lawn!
So 4 reasons I enjoy hearing it every Friday:

• I still remember when my younger daughter told us about this new song that had become popular and how simple/dumb the lyrics were.  We listened to it and laughed about it, then I would randomly play it to "aggravate" her.  So it has a lot of nostalgia for me.
  • The video that goes with it is actually a pretty fun (totally silly - but fun) little video... and I loved the story of a 13 year old making this video and it, improbably and against all odds, becoming a viral phenomenon.   So an underdog story that I'm always partial to.
  • If you listen to it a few times, it's actually pretty catchy.
  • It's fun to have little traditions, like playing this song every Friday.  I just wish I had started that when the kids were still living here.

So 4 reasons I enjoy hearing it every Friday:

• I still remember when my younger daughter told us about this new song that had become popular and how simple/dumb the lyrics were.  We listened to it and laughed about it, then I would randomly play it to "aggravate" her.  So it has a lot of nostalgia for me.
  • The video that goes with it is actually a pretty fun (totally silly - but fun) little video... and I loved the story of a 13 year old making this video and it, improbably and against all odds, becoming a viral phenomenon.   So an underdog story that I'm always partial to.
  • If you listen to it a few times, it's actually pretty catchy.
  • It's fun to have little traditions, like playing this song every Friday.  I just wish I had started that when the kids were still living here.
fun, fun, fun, fun

Users who are viewing this thread