What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Old Hoss Radbourn (1 Viewer)

Mr. Pickles

Footballguy
This shtick is blowing up big time with a mention in Time Magazine. I'd like to think that guy is our very own Old Hoss spawned in the WIS golden age, but probably not.

Whoever is at the controls is also the sponsor of the baseball-reference.com page:

Charley "Old Hoss" Radbourn sponsor(s) this page.

Gaze below at the statistical flibberdigab that supposedly represent the greatness that was my career. But these numbers are useless: there are no columns for pints consumed, harlots bedded, or blades brandished.
:lmao:
Take heart, Kansas. You will always have the legacy of "Bleeding Kansas" and a questionable role in Abolition.
I want to believe it's really him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, I cannot claim rightful ownership of this tweeting tomfoolery. I'm too busy sleeping with virgins and drinking the finest homebrew to be on this Twitter thing.

I do admire the man's spirit, and hopefully one day, I'll be able to meet him in a lively drinking establishment and share an ale or two with him. :thumbup:

I have enjoyed Old Hoss over on the Twitters myself. If I had enough ambition, I would start a similar one.

Needed to give this a bump. He's currently counting down ESPN's list of 100 greatest baseball players in his own inimitable way.

http://www.twitter.com/OldHossRadbourn

Sample: #81: "Duke" Snider. His inclusion is a tribute to the loyal fans of Brooklyn, who mercifully are all dying and can finally shut up

Needed to give this a bump. He's currently counting down ESPN's list of 100 greatest baseball players in his own inimitable way.http://www.twitter.com/OldHossRadbournSample: #81: "Duke" Snider. His inclusion is a tribute to the loyal fans of Brooklyn, who mercifully are all dying and can finally shut up
My favorite so far:
#80: C. Gehringer. A worthy inclusion. Stole the 1937 MVP award from an Italian. Good man and fine patriot.

watch out... Old Hoss just found out that ESPN ranked him #160
The best part was that I momentarily thought to myself, "oh man, he's gonna be pissed about that" and then I realized I was talking about a guy who's been dead for 125 years.I think the Mariano Rivera one might be my new favorite.

I've been laughing at my desk all afternoon.

#54: W. Boggs. Enjoyed fornication, beer, chicken, loose women, smashing doubles, invisibility, and his mustache. The consummate team-mate.

#55: R. Jackson. Would be much higher on this list had he killed the queen. Sic semper tyrannis, candy man.

:lmao:

@OldHossRadbourn: I have not seen a Sanchez make this many mistakes since the Mexican-American War.

Omg :lmao:

(After Mark Sanchez's 4th pick)

"It was nice to hear four journalists who earned Pulitzers for their hard-hitting Steroid Era reporting opine on the HoF vote."

"If we are going to re-vamp the HoF process, can we add some females? It's lonely in here."

About the Grammys@OldHossRadbourn: Whichever dead artist gets the most applause is allowed to come back from the dead.

@OldHossRadbourn: I'd sooner take back all the poxed blankets we gave to the red man than intentionally walk a batter.

:lmao: omg

@OldHossRadbourn: .@Phiten Is the wampum you sell to athletes similar to the useless trinkets P. Minuit used to acquire New Amsterdam?

@OldHossRadbourn: .@Phiten I am not writing in jest. I seek to acquire land and suspect your product will assist me in this endeavor.

@OldHossRadbourn: .@Phiten "Let us hunt!" they will cry. "Not here." I will say. "Get off my land."

Contact me by telegraph or this medium. Yrs, Chas. Radbrn

:lmao: :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread