What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 20 Rounder (1 Viewer)

radballs

Footballguy
Please post in this thread for any discussion regarding picks during our draft. Thanks and let's do our best to keep things moving along.

There were several players I coulda went with at 1.10 but in a league where QB's get 6 pts. per td I felt Rodgers was better than any player available. Hopefully my picks at the other offensive postions works out for me.

Liking Busman's start
Thanks. Its early but I'm liking it too. I usually go RB/RB so this is a little different for me. Its always fun to participate in these SLs. They really help me make more informed keeper decisions in my main league.

I pick at 6.07, 3 picks from now. My wife was admitted to the hospital at 4am. Nothing life threatening but she needs some tests done. I will be at the hospital with her from 7am to hopefully no later than 5 pm. I'll have to come home then anyway to take care of my animals and I'll check in then. I apologize if I'm on the clock too long. Maybe Radballs can take a short list for me so I'll send him one. Thanks guys.

I pick at 6.07, 3 picks from now. My wife was admitted to the hospital at 4am. Nothing life threatening but she needs some tests done. I will be at the hospital with her from 7am to hopefully no later than 5 pm. I'll have to come home then anyway to take care of my animals and I'll check in then. I apologize if I'm on the clock too long. Maybe Radballs can take a short list for me so I'll send him one. Thanks guys.
Thoughts are with you and yours, GoBW. I'm around most of the day and can take a list for you.

Thoughts are with you and yours, GoBW. I'm around most of the day and can take a list for you.
Thanks Busman.We both appreciate your thoughts and concerns. She's doing a little better now. Still has to get an Endoscopy done for her abdominal pain and to possibly find the problem.I just got home to do a couple of quick chores then back to the hospital.I haven't slept since yesterday morning. Will catch up on that once I know she's ok. Radballs made my pick for me. I'll keep checkin in a few times until I get her home.Thanks Radballs for making my pick for me. I'll try to be around for my next pick. If I can't I'll send someone a list. I'm satisfied so far with my draft picking from the 10 slot.Now to start finding those hidden gems :thumbup: , if you guys leave me any,lol. GoBW up & out :)

Sending good juju to mrs gobw. Hope they find the prob and it's not serious.
Thanks Fiddles. We'll take all the JuJu we can get,lol. She is feeling better and hopefully the tests tomorrow isolate the problem and they can come up with a treatment plan. Everyone's optomistic and positive so I'm sure that bodes well. :thumbup:Now I know why I wanted to get back into the survivor leagues. From previous years I found a lot of special people in the leagues. Not only are they exellant fantasy football players but first class people. I'm proud to be associated with FBG's and the great people with passion not only for football but compassion for each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope all is well, GoBW...

As for the draft... Tony G at 6.09 is totally highway robbery. One of the biggest steals I may have ever seen in a draft. If I had known he'd last that

long, I would have never snagged Dallas Clark early. Sure, Tony isn't the Tony of 5-10 years ago, but he is still going to EASILY outproduce where he was

drafted. Wow... :eek:

Rosters:

Rudy:

QB Jay Cutler, CHI, QB14; Jason Campbell, OAK, QB21

RB Chris Johnson, TEN, RB1; Danny Woodhead, NE, RB38; Tim Hightower, ARI, RB39

WR Miles Austin, DAL, WR8; Mike Wallace, PIT, WR9; Danny Amendola, STL, WR58; Emmanuel Sanders, PIT, WR59

TE Jimmy Graham, NO, TE7; Marcedes Lewis, JAX, TE13

K Adam Vinatieri, IND, K9; Josh Brown, StL, K10

D/ST Miami Dolphins DEF16; Atlanta Falcons DEF17

radballs:

QB Joe Flacco, BAL, QB13; Matt Hasselbeck, SEA, QB27

RB Adrian Peterson, MIN, RB2; Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis, NE, RB37; LaDainian Tomlinson, NYJ, RB46; Toby Gerhart, MIN, RB54

WR Dwayne Bowe, KC, WR10; Anquan Boldin, BAL, WR23; Chad Ochocinco, CIN, WR34; Jacoby Jones, HOU, WR60

TE Jason Witten, DAL, TE4; Aaron Hernandez, NE, TE14

K Neil Rackers, ARI, K11

D/ST Minnesota Vikings DEF15; New Orleans Saints DEF18

Sinrman:

QB Eli Manning, NYG, QB12; Ryan Fitzpatrick, BUF, QB20

RB Arian Foster, HOU, RB3; Shonn Greene, NYJ, RB23; Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB40

WR Wes Welker, NE, WR11; Santana Moss, WAS, WR35; Terrell Owens, CIN, WR45; Derrick Mason, BAL, WR57; Steve Breaston, ARI, WR67

TE Dallas Clark, IND, TE3; John Carlson, SEA, TE26

K Lawrence Tynes, NYG, K8; Robbie Gould, CHI, K12

D/ST Detroit Lions DEF14

Valence:

QB Matt Ryan, ATL, QB11; Donovan McNabb, WAS, QB26

RB Ray Rice, BAL, RB4; Michael Turner, ATL, RB13; Bernard Scott, CIN, RB47; Mike Goodson, CAR, RB51

WR Vincent Jackson, SD, WR12; Pierre Garcon, IND, WR24; Mike Williams, SEA, WR33; Mark Clayton, STL, WR56

TE Rob Gronkowski, NE, TE15; Jermaine Gresham, CIN, TE20

K

D/ST Tampa Bay Buccaneers DEF13; Denver Broncos DEF31

Fullback Fro:

QB Tony Romo, DAL, QB7; David Garrard, JAX, QB19

RB LeSean McCoy, PHI, RB5; Felix Jones, DAL, RB22; Ryan Williams, Rookie, RB45; Chris Ivory, NO, RB50

WR Brandon Marshall, MIA, WR13; Mario Manningham, NYG, WR36; Malcolm Floyd, SD, WR44; Nate Burleson, DET, WR61

TE Zach Miller, OAK, TE8; Heath Miller, PIT, TE21

K

D/ST Cincinnati Bengals DEF19; Carolina Panthers DEF30

Renesauz:

QB Philip Rivers, SD, QB6

RB Knowshon Moreno, DEN, RB14; Mark Ingram, Rookie, RB24; Willis McGahee, BAL, RB44; Montario Hardesty, CLE, RB52

WR Andre Johnson, HOU, WR1; Sidney Rice, MIN, WR22; Johnny Knox, CHI, WR32; Jacoby Ford, OAK, WR46; Brandon Tate, NE, WR66

TE Brent Celek, PHI, TE16; Tony Moeaki, KC, TE19

K Stephen Gostkowski, NE, K7

D/ST Philadelphia Eagles DEF3

OldMilwaukee:

QB Peyton Manning, NO, QB5; Blaine Gabbert, Rookie, QB31

RB Marshawn Lynch, SEA, RB25; Joseph Addai, IND, RB29; CJ Spiller, BUF, RB30

WR Roddy White, ATL, WR2; Santonio Holmes, NYJ, WR21; Steve Smith, NYG, WR43; Arrelius Benn, TB, WR47; Lee Evans, BUF, WR55

TE Vernon Davis, SF, TE5

K Rob Bironas, TEN, K6

D/ST NY Jets DEF4; Dallas Cowboys DEF12

Fiddles:

QB Sam Bradford, STL, QB15; Kevin Kolb, PHI, QB22

RB Jamaal Charles, KC, RB6; James Starks, GB, RB36; Ronnie Brown, MIA, RB41; Mike Tolbert, SD, RB43; Tashard Choice, DAL, RB48

WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI, WR7; DeSean Jackson, PHI, WR14; Steve Johnson, BUF, WR20; Anthony Armstrong, WAS, WR65

TE Tony Gonzalez, ATL, TE12

K

D/ST St. Louis Rams DEF20; Indianapolis Colts DEF29

Commuterman:

QB Ben Roethlisberger, PIT, QB8

RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAX, RB7; Jonathan Stewart, CAR, RB21; Pierre Thomas, NO, RB35; Marion Barber, DAL, RB53

WR Kenny Britt, TEN, WR25; AJ Green, Rookie, WR31; Mike Thomas, JAX, WR37; Robert Meachem, NO, WR54

TE Antonio Gates, SD, TE2; Jared Cook, TEN, TE22

K Garrett Hartley, NO, K5

D/ST Chicago Bears DEF5; Baltimore Ravens DEF11

Ghost of Bill Walsh:

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB1; Colt McCoy, CLE, QB25

RB Matt Forte, CHI, RB12; Ryan Matthews, SD, RB20; Michael Bush, OAK, RB42

WR Brandon Lloyd, DEN, WR15; Michael Crabtree, SF, WR26; James Jones, GB, WR53; Kevin Walter, HOU, WR62; Jordan Shipley, CIN, WR68

TE Brandon Pettigrew, DET, TE11; Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE17

K

D/ST New England Patriots DEF10; Washington Redskins DEF28

dpeease:

QB Tom Brady, NE, QB2; Cam Newton, Rookie, QB28

RB DeAngelo Williams, CAR, RB19; Chris Wells, ARI, RB26; Reggie Bush, NO, RB31; Donald Brown, IND, RB49

WR Reggie Wayne, IND, WR6; Mike Williams, TB, WR16; Steve Smith, CAR, WR30; Randy Moss, TEN, WR52; Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ, WR69

TE Greg Olsen, CHI, TE18

K

D/ST San Diego Chargers DEF9; Houston Texans DEF27

Twilight:

QB Josh Freeman, TB, QB10; Carson Palmer, CIN, QB23

RB Rashard Mendenhall, PIT, RB8; Fred Jackson, BUF, RB28

WR Marques Colston, NO, WR17; Percy Harvin, MIN, WR27; Julio Jones, Rookie, WR42; Donnie Avery, STL, WR51; Jason Hill, JAX, WR63

TE Jermichael Finley, GB, TE1; Ben Watson, NE, TE23

K Mason Crosby, GB, K2

D/ST San Francisco 49ers DEF8; Cleveland Browns DEF26

BroadwayG:

QB Michael Vick, PHI, QB3; Mark Sanchez, NYJ, QB18

RB Peyton Hillis, CLE, RB15; Ryan Torain, WAS, RB32; Ryan Grant, GB, RB34

WR Greg Jennings, GB, WR5; Dez Bryant, DAL, WR19; Mike Sims-Walker, JAX, WR48

TE Kellen Winslow, TB, TE9; Kevin Boss, NYG, TE26

K David Akers, PHI, K1; Matt Bryant, ATL, K3

D/ST NY Giants DEF6; Buffalo Bills DEF25

Busman:

QB Matt Cassel, KC, QB16; Matthew Stafford, DET, QB17; Tim Tebow, DEN, QB29

RB Frank Gore, SF, RB11; Mikel LeShoure, Rookie, RB33

WR Calvin Johnson, DET, WR3; Jeremy Maclin, PHI, WR18; Jordy Nelson, GB, WR41; Jerome Simpson, CIN, WR50

TE Owen Daniels, HOU, TE6; Todd Heap, BAL, TE24

K Nate Kaeding, SD, K4

D/ST Oakland Raiders DEF7; Kansas City Chiefs DEF21

Shadowmaster:

QB Drew Brees, NO, QB4; Rex Grossman, WAS, QB32

RB Steven Jackson, STL, RB9; Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG, RB16; Jahvid Best, DET, RB18

WR Austin Collie, IND, WR28; Deion Branch, NE, WR29; Braylon Edwards, NYJ, WR38; Lance Moore, NO, WR40

TE Anthony Fasano, MIA, TE27; Jeremy Shockey, NO, TE28

K

D/ST Pittsburgh DEF1; Green Bay DEF2; Tennessee Titans DEF22

HitnRun:

QB Matt Schaub, HOU, QB9; Kyle Orton, DEN, QB24; Chad Henne, MIA, QB30

RB Darren McFadden, OAK, RB10; LeGarrette Blount, TB, RB17; Cedric Benson, CIN, RB27

WR Hakeem Nicks, NYG, WR4; Davonne Bess, MIA, WR39; Hines Ward, PIT, WR49; Jabar Gaffney, DEN, WR64

TE Chris Cooley, WAS, TE10; Visanthe Shiancoe, MIN, TE25

K

D/ST Arizona Cardinals DEF23; Seattle Seahawks DEF24

'Sinrman said:
Really digging Valence and Commuterman's teams.
Thanks I like'd your's too until you picked Fitzpatrick. I think a WR3 might have been better there maybe. If buffalo goes QB at the top I can't see 16 games from Fitzpatrick

'Sinrman said:
Really digging Valence and Commuterman's teams.
Thanks I like'd your's too until you picked Fitzpatrick. I think a WR3 might have been better there maybe. If buffalo goes QB at the top I can't see 16 games from Fitzpatrick
Yeah, I was really torn with that pick. I looked at the remaining QBs and there are just waaaaay too many ?? surrounding them. I would like to think I took one of the ones withthe least amount of ?? surrounding him....for this year. I fully realize that Buffalo can, and likely might go QB. But a lot of things I've seen and read think they are going topdefensive player at that point (like Von Miller, etc.). Even then, the conventional wisdom is that if they DO take Gabbert or Newton, that guy will sit behind Fitz for a year andlearn things. So barring injury or outright suckage, Fitz should be ok for a year. If you look at his numbers, they actually were pretty decent! I think it helped a lot havinga WR other than Lee Evans stepping it up (Stevie Johnson).The other QBs available? Palmer? Too afraid he'll retire. Kolb? I could definitely see him being traded once a new CBA is implemented, but I didn't want to take any chances.McCoy? Meh. He's ok, but not liking the offense around him right now.I was actually hoping Garrard would fall to me, but he didn't. I knew QB #2 would be going very soon to most everyone and I didn't want to be stuck behind the 8 ball the next timearound (which is tough drafting out of the #3 and #14 spots - a loooong time inbetween picks).

I'm happy to report that my wife got out of the hospital on Saturday. She's doing much better. In fact, she's such a trooper she went back to work tonight.She coulda had the week off but she works in the Emergency Room and loves it. Without going into detail they performed some tests and it wasn't as bad as we had intially thought. She is still under Doctor's care and receiving meds. To say the least I'm certainly relieved. Now I can get back to focusing on the rest of the draft. Thanks to all of you for your encouraging thoughts and compassion.

I'm happy to report that my wife got out of the hospital on Saturday. She's doing much better. In fact, she's such a trooper she went back to work tonight.She coulda had the week off but she works in the Emergency Room and loves it. Without going into detail they performed some tests and it wasn't as bad as we had intially thought. She is still under Doctor's care and receiving meds. To say the least I'm certainly relieved. Now I can get back to focusing on the rest of the draft. Thanks to all of you for your encouraging thoughts and compassion.
GoBW - this is good news :thumbup: Lucky is the man with a good wife to go through life with!!

I am glad things are well with your wife.....or not as bad as you feared.

Gentlemen, this pace is painful and embarrassing.

The other groups are almost complete with 24 rounds while we have barely crawled through 10.

Get your #### together and let's get this thing done.

glad to hear it gobw

also rudy and and hitnrun are kililing it on the corners

wanted sanders. didnt think he would go this early

think i grabbed him pretty late in wsl

Thanks Fiddles. I let my wife read the comments and she was impressed. She said she can see why I like coming to FBG's and spend a lot of time here when I'm online. I don't always post much but I'm always taking in everything that goes on around here. She wanted me to thank all of you for your caring.

NOW, back to this slowazz draft. Yeah, but it's all good.I'm sure we can pick up the pace some and will. I can always take pm lists if guys are gonna be away or tied up a while. I'm not working right now(semi-retired) so I can usually be online a good bit during the day. Just the old fart I am gets tired easy later at night and need to go to bed after midnight. It ain't beauty sleep cause that would do me no good,DOH!

Just my opinion but I thought there were some pretty good players picked in round 10. Now comes the hard part in trying to find those guys we think might have a good year even if their not studs. Those gems help you wina championship. I'm happy with my team so far but failing to get good receivers could be my undoing and cause an early exit. If that ends up the case it's ok because I'll still have fun doing the draft.

busman was pm'ed at the time of the pick yesterday.

I'm gonna be busy all day, anyone want my list of Def/Kickers?

I'll be taking care of my grandson Fri-Sun so I'll be at home and be online a lot. If anyone is going to be unavailable I can take lists this weekend. I can take several guys list, as long as there's no conflict with that. Don't want to create any problems by taking multiple lists. Any list will be confidential. Just wanna do whatever I can to keep this draft rolling along and help out anyone who may not be around to make their picks. I'll be checking our draft quite frequently all weekend so if I have any lists picks will be made in a timely fashion.

Donations for taking lists can be made directly to the San Francisco 49ers orginization to help their sorry azzes pay for some quality players whether it be through the draft or free agency :lmao: . Especially help them find a quarterback somewhere because I dread the thought of going into the season with Alex Smith as our starter :cry:

Now that the schedule's out the BYE WEEKS have been kind tome so far in the draft. Ihave 2 RB's with week 8 byes and 2 WR's with week 7 byes. Whew :yes:

Wow, both QBs on the same bye week. Greaaaaat... what are the odds of NYG and BUF having the same one? Apparently pretty good! And it's

pretty much too late to pick up a possible/viable starter to fill that gap! :wall:

Dodged a lot of bullets with the bye weeks. No conflicts within each position (except for my handcuff with Gerhart).

I can't believe there are 4 weeks of six teams on byes. Gonna make for some low scoring weeks and surprise bootees.

Romo 5

Garrard 9

McCoy 7

Felix Jones 5

Ivory 11

Ryan Williams

B.Marhsall 5

Floyd 6

Burleson 9

Manningham 7

Z.Miller 8

H.Miller 11

Cundiff 5

Cinci 7

Carolina 9

Nice, No Bye week issues. Got destroyed in WSL.

Didn't see it in the rules for PDSL, but are there limits to how many of each position you can take, like in MBSL?

Was going by:

18 rounds of drafting

No free agent pick ups

Serpentine drafting

No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score

No limits on draft by position, i.e. you can draft 4 defenses if so inclined.

That was stickied at the top of the forum for the rules. Didn't see the BOLDed part for PDSL though, so I wondered if it meant there were limits

to certain positions.

BroadwayG:

QB Michael Vick, PHI, QB3; Mark Sanchez, NYJ, QB18

RB Peyton Hillis, CLE, RB15; Ryan Torain, WAS, RB32; Ryan Grant, GB, RB34; Jason Snelling; Chester Taylor

WR Greg Jennings, GB, WR5; Dez Bryant, DAL, WR19; Mike Sims-Walker, JAX, WR48; Devin Hester; Blair White; Jason Avant; Josh Cribbs

TE Kellen Winslow, TB, TE9; Kevin Boss, NYG, TE26

K David Akers, PHI, K1; Matt Bryant, ATL, K3

D/ST NY Giants DEF6; Buffalo Bills DEF25
I've gotta be bottom two. Everything went downhill after Vick/Jennings as it was reach after reach and I couldn't stop myself :bag:

QB Matt Ryan(8), Donovan McNabb (?), Vince Young (?)

The solid if unspectacular Ryan and two guys who should put up a few big games wherever they land. I doubt that McNabb or Young stay with their current teams.

RB Ray Rice(5), Michael Turner(8), Bernard Scott(7); Mike Goodson(9)

Only four deep here since Turner fell into my lap at 2.13. I like Scott probably more than I should, but I think he sees a significant increase in carries. Goodson should still be in the mix as a nice change of pace to JStew.

WR Vincent Jackson(6) Pierre Garcon(11), Mike Williams(6), Mark Clayton(5), Eric Decker(6), Devery Henderson(11)

Probably dead in Week 6 unless the three that aren't on byes have big games that week. I wanted to go 7 deep here, but felt I needed a 3rd TE to cover for both of mine being off week 7. VJAx should be back to top 10 form, Garcon was better than people think last year, Williams should(?) continue to improve, Clayton... stay healthy please, Decker should mature into a solid possesion receiver. Henderson is a perfect lottery ticket in survivor leagues where you don't have to choose the weeks he goes 3 for 120 and a TD.

TE Rob Gronkowski(7), Jermaine Gresham(7), Fendi Onobun(5)

The bye weeks killed this poistion too. I don't know if Onobun will do anything in week 7 when the other two are off, but I liked what I saw last pre-season from him. STL can't possibly keep all those tight ends again can they?

K Matt Prater (6)

I'm ok with with 1 kicker. Unfortunately this one has a week 6 bye.

D/ST Tampa Bay Buccaneers(8), Denver Broncos(6), Jacksonville Jaguars(9)

I like going with three D's in 20+ rounders. None of them are stellar, but should be ok point wise week to week.

Overall:

I'm not thrilled with this team but if I make it past week 6 and 7, I should be alive and kicking near the end.

PRE KICKOFF ANALYSIS

Drafting from the 15 slot

QB

D.Brees NO, Rex Grossman WASH

Stud and a backup. I expect Grossman to hold off Beck all year.

RB

S.Jackson STL, A.Bradshaw NYG, Jahvid Best DET, L.McClain KC

A solid stable here with 3 guys who play all 3 downs. McCalin may pop in some goal line work.

WR

A.Collie IND, L.Moore NO, B.Edwards SF, D.Branch NE, R.Williams CHI

Question marks seem to be the theme for my survivor WR grouping this year. This is no exception. Collie has QB and head injury concerns. Moore is already hurt. SanFran looks bad on O. Branch's role is unclear at this time. Williams may be the steal of the bunch - which is NOT GOOD!

TE

A.Fasano MIA, J.Shockey CAR, M.Hoomanawanui STL

Not good. Not good at all.

C.Barth, J.Feeley, Pittsburgh, GreenBay, Tennessee

Yeah - whatever. My WRs and TEs suck!

Outlook. Dim and dark..... even for the Shadowmaster

:football:

QB Peyton Manning, NO, QB5; Blaine Gabbert, Rookie, QB31; Alex Smith SF QB 34

Could this 20th round pick save my ars?

Not for long.....see ya next year boys!

Users who are viewing this thread