Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please See Mine

The Killing - New AMC series starts tonight

Guys, I have been catching up on-demand. I missed the first 2 episodes, so I read the plot on-line. In the start of the series I read this on the AMC website.

Sarah and Holder visit the Larsen home, where Mitch says that she and her husband spent the weekend camping out of cell-phone range. Sarah notices a pink bicycle in the garage and asks Mitch if she has a daughter.

Did the two boys go with them? Did we ever see them camping? I am suspicious of the boys and the aunt or friend trying to cover it up.

Guys, I have been catching up on-demand. I missed the first 2 episodes, so I read the plot on-line. In the start of the series I read this on the AMC website.

Sarah and Holder visit the Larsen home, where Mitch says that she and her husband spent the weekend camping out of cell-phone range. Sarah notices a pink bicycle in the garage and asks Mitch if she has a daughter.

Did the two boys go with them? Did we ever see them camping? I am suspicious of the boys and the aunt or friend trying to cover it up.
What have you seen that would possibly make the boys suspicious? Come on.

Wetting the bed and the friend covering it up. One of the boys kills a bug with force at the foot of his sister's grave. What was the purpose of that...Will daddy catch the "bad guy"? Just suspicious, long shot, but would make for a dramatic ending.

Wetting the bed and the friend covering it up. One of the boys kills a bug with force at the foot of his sister's grave. What was the purpose of that...Will daddy catch the "bad guy"? Just suspicious, long shot, but would make for a dramatic ending.
Not sure if serious.

Not sure if serious.
Just a theory to increase discussion since I am late to the party. Actually my wife (lawyer) brought it up. I told her no way until the grave scene. She has started to lose interest as well though, because there is no way the mayor would be able to make a commercial with Richmond's ties to a murderer before an arrest was made. She said to let her know. Before that scene I was with the the group saying Jasper's dad with ties to the mob and the mayor.

Not sure if serious.
Just a theory to increase discussion since I am late to the party. Actually my wife (lawyer) brought it up. I told her no way until the grave scene. She has started to lose interest as well though, because there is no way the mayor would be able to make a commercial with Richmond's ties to a murderer before an arrest was made. She said to let her know. Before that scene I was with the the group saying Jasper's dad with ties to the mob and the mayor.
My wife (teacher) thinks suspicions about the boys are absurd.

Probably. I did note that Lindin's kid continues to do some messed up stuff throughout the entire show, so there is the capability. But like I said, very long shot.

Probably. I did note that Lindin's kid continues to do some messed up stuff throughout the entire show, so there is the capability. But like I said, very long shot.
I was just messing with ya. Anything is possible as this show degenerates.

Could be something there.I think a couple of things that have been let out there, that either will come back, or maybe I am looking into too muchThe 8MM tape?Did any info come from that?The family being away away.Not that it NEEDS to be looked at by police, but that whole thing just seems iffy.I think somewhere along the lines the mom is gonna have something to offer in terms of involvement in some way

Could be something there.I think a couple of things that have been let out there, that either will come back, or maybe I am looking into too muchThe 8MM tape?Did any info come from that?The family being away away.Not that it NEEDS to be looked at by police, but that whole thing just seems iffy.I think somewhere along the lines the mom is gonna have something to offer in terms of involvement in some way
I have a hard time pinning it on the mom. Last episode when she saw that the pink shirt was not Rosie's she immediately calls Stan to get him to stop. We still don't know the day Rosie was killed. It could be Sunday night for all the know, right? The 8mm tape has to come back into play. She made copies and that was it. I did see Rick standing in the background while she was looking at the film, but I don't think they will tie up Rosie's death to Rick at this point. Maybe another case she was working on in the past, but that would be another long shot.

These detectives don't really seem to be doing analysis. They need Test, McGuffin, Travers and Fiedler(?) to sort through all of this.....

I would think having their sister killed and all that stuff going on around them would screw a couple of boys up in the head. Bed wetting seems like nothing to me.And I'd also kick the #### out of any bug crawling towards my sister's coffin if I were that kid.

I would think having their sister killed and all that stuff going on around them would screw a couple of boys up in the head. Bed wetting seems like nothing to me.And I'd also kick the #### out of any bug crawling towards my sister's coffin if I were that kid.
I see it the opposite way. Of all the grief the parents are portrayed to have through the series, the boys don't seemed too phased. However, I'm not shrink. i don't know if that is normal for little brothers to act after their sister died.

Perhaps you are correct, but AMC's website has a suspect tracker "game," and the mom is not listed as a suspect (the dad is, though). The mom, the kids and Linden are the only "main" characters that are not listed as suspects. It wouldn't be a big deal, but there will be some annoyed posters at AMC's website if the killer was never listed as a suspect by AMC in their suspect tracker game.Thus, I'm operating under the assumption that Mitch, Linden and none of the children were the killer or involved.

I see it the opposite way. Of all the grief the parents are portrayed to have through the series, the boys don't seemed too phased. However, I'm not shrink. i don't know if that is normal for little brothers to act after their sister died.
Why would they ask the dad how the sister died if they killed her? And, tell him to leave out the "heaven stuff," too?

Why would they ask the dad how the sister died if they killed her? And, tell him to leave out the "heaven stuff," too?
To see if they got away with it? :shrug: Asking to leave "the heaven stuff" out of it makes it a little more suspicious? :shrug: Makes it seem like they don't want to hear they were wrong or that they feel there is no way their sister can be in heaven justifying what they did. :shrug:

To see if they got away with it? :shrug: Asking to leave "the heaven stuff" out of it makes it a little more suspicious? :shrug: Makes it seem like they don't want to hear they were wrong or that they feel there is no way their sister can be in heaven justifying what they did. :shrug:
They'd ask their dad how Rosie really died to see if they got away with it? I'm not sure I follow.How does saying, "yeah, and no more heaven stuff, okay dad?" make it more suspicious?They then follow it up by asking if they are going to be killed by the killer, too. They are that smart that they'd ask if Rosie's "killer," knowing it is one of them, would kill them, too? Maybe you're right, but none of this suggests to me that they are in any way tied to Rosie's death and the fact that they have never been listed as suspects also cuts away from them.

They'd ask their dad how Rosie really died to see if they got away with it? I'm not sure I follow.How does saying, "yeah, and no more heaven stuff, okay dad?" make it more suspicious?They then follow it up by asking if they are going to be killed by the killer, too. They are that smart that they'd ask if Rosie's "killer," knowing it is one of them, would kill them, too? Maybe you're right, but none of this suggests to me that they are in any way tied to Rosie's death and the fact that they have never been listed as suspects also cuts away from them.
All of this is just to throw us off the trail of the real killer...Rosie herself.

All of this is just to throw us off the trail of the real killer...Rosie herself.
:lmao::lmao:

It was the funeral home owner by assisted suicide.

It was the funeral home owner by assisted suicide.

Now that's just silly.

:lmao:The o/u for how many emotions she will display is also 1.

amber lamps has nothing on this girl.

The guys on Mt. Rushmore find her a bit dull.

The guys on Mt. Rushmore find her a bit dull.
I almost cracked up the time the mother went off on her, and she just sat there and stuck her lower lip out.

Still a big fan and my Suspect #1 is in the hospital. They ended Linden's relationship/marriage and cleared several suspects, curious as to the storyline w/ the casino.

It's the Aunt/Sister/Sister in law right?

Anyone else jumping on the band wagon? :banned:Looking like it can be, and very suspicious. Leads me to believe if they want the wow factor, it won't be the Aunt.

Anyone else jumping on the band wagon? :banned:Fits with my theory that the Aunt was shagging the rich BF, and that's why his parents shunned her at the wake.

Anyone else jumping on the band wagon? :banned:Been there since the week you asked. :popcorn:

Anyone else jumping on the band wagon? :banned::no:

So a casino comes into play just after we find out that the Larsens' money is all gone. Interesting.

So a casino comes into play just after we find out that the Larsens' money is all gone. Interesting.

He used that money to put a down payment on the new house. It did leave me confused though.. You've had this key chain since day one and you never tried to ask around what the symbol might be for. :confused:

He used that money to put a down payment on the new house. It did leave me confused though.. You've had this key chain since day one and you never tried to ask around what the symbol might be for. :confused:
That's what I understood too...he took the money without the wife knowing for the new house..as a surprise.. that's why he had to borrowmoney from his old mob boss...Not following up on the keychain was one thing... but how about the note with the name and time on it?? how do they just search the phone bookand come up with people's names?? It's a damn ferry boat... don't these people have internet access?? google?? you would think the ferry boat would be the first hit when they searched the name... i forgot what it was.. started with an "A"...

That's what I understood too...he took the money without the wife knowing for the new house..as a surprise.. that's why he had to borrowmoney from his old mob boss...Not following up on the keychain was one thing... but how about the note with the name and time on it?? how do they just search the phone bookand come up with people's names?? It's a damn ferry boat... don't these people have internet access?? google?? you would think the ferry boat would be the first hit when they searched the name... i forgot what it was.. started with an "A"...
:goodposting: Are we to believe she was running for exercise and happen to stumble upon (Adela I think?) the ferryboat? You have the keys on the Victim with a keychain, the Casino is in the town. Someone will have to know that symbol.

Aaahhh, forgot all about the house thing. It must have been during all the other exciting drama.

He used that money to put a down payment on the new house.

It did leave me confused though..

You've had this key chain since day one and you never tried to ask around what the symbol might be for. :confused:

That's what I understood too...he took the money without the wife knowing for the new house..as a surprise.. that's why he had to borrow

money from his old mob boss...

Not following up on the keychain was one thing... but how about the note with the name and time on it?? how do they just search the phone book

and come up with people's names?? It's a damn ferry boat... don't these people have internet access?? google?? you would think the ferry boat would be the first hit when they searched the name... i forgot what it was.. started with an "A"...

:goodposting:

Are we to believe she was running for exercise and happen to stumble upon (Adela I think?) the ferryboat?

You have the keys on the Victim with a keychain, the Casino is in the town. Someone will have to know that symbol.

of course... it was meant to show that she is such a great detective that she can just be out for a run and find things without even trying. She is THAT good. :lol:

:goodposting: Which is to say, I had the same thought.I turned to my wife and asked if this was supposed to be a 1984 whodunnit... no other reason why they wouldn't have thrown Adela into Google.So is the Assemblyman photo link with the victim yet another red herring, or with three episodes left are we circling back to the original suspect?A casino? Really? I have to assume they're not going to throw a new suspect into the mix with so few episodes left... if they are, #### them and their show.

He used that money to put a down payment on the new house.

It did leave me confused though..

You've had this key chain since day one and you never tried to ask around what the symbol might be for. :confused:

Aaahhh, forgot all about the house thing. It must have been during all the other exciting drama.
:lmao:

:goodposting: Are we to believe she was running for exercise and happen to stumble upon (Adela I think?) the ferryboat? You have the keys on the Victim with a keychain, the Casino is in the town. Someone will have to know that symbol.
And how many times has that been used as a plot device over the years? A woman's name turns out to be the name of a ship or a place? Didn't they use that in "The House on Carroll Street" or something similar? Hell they used in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid".

And how many times has that been used as a plot device over the years? A woman's name turns out to be the name of a ship or a place? Didn't they use that in "The House on Carroll Street" or something similar? Hell they used in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid".
Lethal Weapon II.

Also "Alba Varda" Lethal Weapon...

Lethal Weapon II.
Alba Varten(going off memory, so it could be completely botched)

Yeah, exactly. That's some pretty crappy writing. They could have made Adela the name of a sled or something.

There was a time for a meeting with Adela, so the only scheduled boat would be a ferry. Hard to place a time for a meeting along with a girls name and think of a boat IMO. But the way she found out was ridiculous. At least let her overhear someone say they need to take the 2o'clock on Adela.

There was a time for a meeting with Adela, so the only scheduled boat would be a ferry. Hard to place a time for a meeting along with a girls name and think of a boat IMO. But the way she found out was ridiculous. At least let her overhear someone say they need to take the 2o'clock on Adela.
Neither one of these cops (I'll assume that both of them have lived in the Seattle area for quite a while) have never heard of this ferry or ferry line or destination? Really?

To add to the :confused: about Adela and not knowing it was a boat.

She mentions that she did a quick search and came up with 17 Adela's in the Seattle area.. Really.. so you found 17 Adela's and yet somehow the Ferry didn't register??

even with all the :whoosh: parts, I'm still liking the show. :popcorn:

Neither one of these cops (I'll assume that both of them have lived in the Seattle area for quite a while) have never heard of this ferry or ferry line or destination? Really?
I assume every ferry has a name since it is a boat? I grew up in a town with a ferry and have no idea the name of the boat.

To add to the :confused: about Adela and not knowing it was a boat.She mentions that she did a quick search and came up with 17 Adela's in the Seattle area.. Really.. so you found 17 Adela's and yet somehow the Ferry didn't register??even with all the :whoosh: parts, I'm still liking the show. :popcorn:

I think she used the phone book if I remember correctly.