What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Workaholics (1 Viewer)

Dunno if it's on demand, but it's coming on again on Friday night (1030? 1130?) Just saw the commercial on a tivo'd show and I set it to record for Friday.

I have caught pieces of the show, but just caught up through On Demand with a few of the episodes. No doubt i think this is the funniest new show on TV right now. I recommend to anybody with a sense of humor.

This past weeks episode was the best yet imo
Was the boss's brother really MR or was he just a very good actor with that? I hope that question doesn't come off as insensitive, but the kid who played the part played it welland each episode has some really good parts. I was watching the one where the burglars robbed the office at night, and the "Leeroy Jenkinsss" had me cracking up pretty good

Last edited by a moderator:
This past weeks episode was the best yet imo
Was the boss's brother really MR or was he just a very good actor with that? I hope that question doesn't come off as insensitive, but the kid who played the part played it welland each episode has some really good parts. I was watching the one where the burglars robbed the office at night, and the "Leeroy Jenkinsss" had me cracking up pretty good
I think that he really is. I'm pretty sure he was on an ep of Curb, maybe in the Ringer and I think one other thing I've seen him in.edit: i think that this is him. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1485809/ but apparently I made up the curb part or he's uncredited. I thought that he was one of the crew in the ep when Larry starts hanging out with all of the mentally challenged people.

Love this show, but I thought this week's was the worst of the bunch. Some good moments but not enough.

'Nigel Tufnel said:
'Please See Mine said:
'Nigel Tufnel said:
I actually didn't like the one with the ######ed guy.
boo
It just felt to me like they said, "Let's have a ######ed guy say shocking stuff you wouldn't expect a ######ed guy to say." I think most of the greatness of the show is in the delivery of and interaction between the three main characters.
I suppose that I can see some merit to what you're saying, but on the other hand, one of the things that I like about the show (and in general) is unbridled, over-the-top absurdity, which is absolutely what this delivered. Having a ######ed guy run away from a pursuer and jump into a trunk and smoke a joint definitely qualifies. I think that if it had just been him saying weird things, it would have run its course more quickly, but having it turn into an adventure with actual events made it very funny, not just gimmicky. But if some viewed it as schtick-y, I guess that I could understand.

Watched a couple minutes of this last night and liked it. When are the new episodes? Wednesdays at 10:30?

ETA - it was the one with the ######ed guy. I was dying when they had the best friends moment and the guy took a camera phone pic with his #### hanging out :lmao:

I actually didn't like the one with the ######ed guy.
boo
It just felt to me like they said, "Let's have a ######ed guy say shocking stuff you wouldn't expect a ######ed guy to say." I think most of the greatness of the show is in the delivery of and interaction between the three main characters.
I suppose that I can see some merit to what you're saying, but on the other hand, one of the things that I like about the show (and in general) is unbridled, over-the-top absurdity, which is absolutely what this delivered. Having a ######ed guy run away from a pursuer and jump into a trunk and smoke a joint definitely qualifies. I think that if it had just been him saying weird things, it would have run its course more quickly, but having it turn into an adventure with actual events made it very funny, not just gimmicky. But if some viewed it as schtick-y, I guess that I could understand.
oh btw, rape van. hello.

On my DVR schedule right now. Has some really funny parts and some meh parts for me so far. It's got potential though, so I'll keep watching for now

been watching all season. was okay at first but kept watching and it has gotten better each week. last couple were pretty funny, the boner stuff in this weeks episode had me :lmao:

I stumbled across this show last night and definitely thought it was funny. Gonna have to tune in for more.

Great show

you can read more about the guys in the show on their website "mail order comedy"

their CD is just so-so though.... they run the wizard rap thing completely into the ground and then some.. there's no variation on the entire album.

wait, what? Norm gets cancelled with almost identical total viewer numbers (1.1 million for the season). Could his demos really have been that bad?

My Workaholics reference in the Finless thread ("I'm a belieber" when that Slayer guy was ragging on the Beibs) went completely unrecognized

:kicksrock:

This show is fantastic. It needs more love. The Brad is Rad episode was one of the funniest TV episodes I've seen in recent memory.

My Workaholics reference in the Finless thread ("I'm a belieber" when that Slayer guy was ragging on the Beibs) went completely unrecognized :kicksrock:This show is fantastic. It needs more love. The Brad is Rad episode was one of the funniest TV episodes I've seen in recent memory.
The Brad is Rad episode was by far the best episode of the season, and that's saying something because I found all ten episodes hilarious. Can't wait for the new season this fall.

It's been a regular DVR for me. It usually has me rolling but the last couple have left me a little cold. Hopefully it's not running out of steam.

My Workaholics reference in the Finless thread ("I'm a belieber" when that Slayer guy was ragging on the Beibs) went completely unrecognized

:kicksrock:

This show is fantastic. It needs more love. The Brad is Rad episode was one of the funniest TV episodes I've seen in recent memory.
The Brad is Rad episode was by far the best episode of the season, and that's saying something because I found all ten episodes hilarious. Can't wait for the new season this fall.
I liked B-Rad, but my favorite has to be either the pilot (piss-test) or half-christmas (hard-on). But then there's the one where Anders gets promoted, and the one where they spend the night at work (Catherine Zeta Jones, she dips beneath the lasers).CAN'T CHOOSE JUST ONE!!

Season 2 started last night. I had no idea until I caught a promo for it while watching the Sheen roast on DVR. Recorded it, can't wait to watch tonight.

i didn't have any major laughs at that episode. it's only a 10 episode season so i'll watch it all the way through on the strength of most of the first season... but as my DVR gets more filled with stuff i can only watch so much... tosh.0 generally delivers and i've got sunny and the league on thursdays

i didn't have any major laughs at that episode. it's only a 10 episode season so i'll watch it all the way through on the strength of most of the first season... but as my DVR gets more filled with stuff i can only watch so much... tosh.0 generally delivers and i've got sunny and the league on thursdays
I started to mention in my statement above.............at least it wasn't as bad as the premiere of Tosh.0. Horribly unfunny. At one point I said to my wife "Well, at least he hasn't gotten naked yet." And 5 seconds later, there it was. It's going to be a casualty on my DVR.

If we're gonna do this, there's gonna be two hits.... Me hitting you.... and Kid Rock's baw wit da baw playin in the background.

Best show on TV! Some of the word jokes are just punbelievable.

Last night was funny, but I like when they're in the office the best.

Users who are viewing this thread