What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jim Rome Smack-Off (1 Viewer)

wadegarrett

FFA Legend™
Jim Rome Smack-Off 2011 odds

Brad in Corona 6/1

Dan in D.C. 20/1

Doc Mike DiTolla 8/1

Greg in Vegas 14/1

Iafrate 8/1

Israel in L.A. 13/2

J.T. the Brick 40/1

Jay Mohr 12/1

Jeff in Richmond 9/1

Jeffrey E. DiTolla "Esquire" 12/1

Joe in the O.C. 8/1

Lisa In Indy 30/1

Mike in Indy 13/2

Mike in San Diego 6/1

Ray-Ray in Tampa 15/1

Silk in Huntington Beach 9/1

Steve Carbone 10/1

Terrence in Sierra Madre 14/1

Trapper in Dana Point 10/1

Vic in NoCal 7/1

Vinny Mac 7/1

Irae Craig 10/1

Brenden in Wilmington 20/1

Jim in Fall River 15/1

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to listen to Rome every day, eating lunch at my desk as to not miss a moment. Now I haven't listened in two years. I tried to tune in to the smack off last year and found it to be boring since i wasn't up to date on the feuds and shtick. That and the intolerably long commercials compared to Sirius.... Frankly, I'm not sure if Rome is even on in Austin anymore and what station he is on...

oof...good luck with thatNTTAWWT
"The View?...You'd rather watch the View?...Are you gay?....You'd rather watch the View?...Gay guy...You'd rather watch the View?...Rather than listen to the Smackoff, you'd rather watch the view?..."Repeat for 30 minutes and you have a "classic" Rome segment.

I only can listen to his show with guest hosts, the Hack-Off, and the Smack-Off. Now that he's blaring Friday on his Friday intro makes it worse. His show is scripted as well as the WWE. Hope Ray-Ray the Hack-Off champ brings it today.

I love Greg in Vegas but he always does something to get himself DQ'd like drop an ethnic slur or some such thing.

Terrence in Sierra Madre is under-rated and needs to win one of these.

J.T. the Brick 40/1
Didn't J.T. the Brick win the title once or twice in the past? Wonder why his odds are so low?J.T. and and Jay Mohr have also hosted sports radio shows -- J.T. with his own show circa 2003 and Mohr as a fill-in for Rome. Suprised pros are going up against the general amateur field.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry that this idiot is still on the radio. Could anyone's opinions be less relevant these days?

1. Brad in Corona

2. Steve Carbone

3. Iafrate

4. Vic in NoCal

5. Dan in D.C.

6. Jay Mohr

7. Mike in Indy

8. Mike in San Diego

9. Israel in L.A

10. Joe in the O.C.

I think we should do an FFA Smack-Off.

Figure out some guidelines, get some top posters and go to town. Could be epic.

One of the main things it would need to be done initially separated from the boards...Example.

- offdee runs the thing (the pseudo Jim Rome role)

- Day 1: Mr. Pickles (example) emails offdee directly with his diatribe

- offdee posts it into the Smack Off thread

- FFA reacts for the day

- Day 2: Otis (example) emails offdee directly with his diatribe

- offdee posts it into the Smack Off thread

- FFA reacts for the day

- etc., etc. etc

After all participants have submitted their one time diatribe a poll is put up and the FFA votes accordingly.

I'd be willing to run the thing as outlined above if there's interest.

Whoever did the piece about telling the one guy "he should get back out on the street corner with his statue of liberty costume because tax season isn't over and jobs are hard to come by" is my choice

I think we should do an FFA Smack-Off.Figure out some guidelines, get some top posters and go to town. Could be epic.One of the main things it would need to be done initially separated from the boards...Example. - offdee runs the thing (the pseudo Jim Rome role)- Day 1: Mr. Pickles (example) emails offdee directly with his diatribe- offdee posts it into the Smack Off thread- FFA reacts for the day- Day 2: Otis (example) emails offdee directly with his diatribe- offdee posts it into the Smack Off thread- FFA reacts for the day- etc., etc. etcAfter all participants have submitted their one time diatribe a poll is put up and the FFA votes accordingly.I'd be willing to run the thing as outlined above if there's interest.
You seriously don't remember the FFA Smack Off? There was an entire separate forum for it and everything

I think we should do an FFA Smack-Off.Figure out some guidelines, get some top posters and go to town. Could be epic.One of the main things it would need to be done initially separated from the boards...Example. - offdee runs the thing (the pseudo Jim Rome role)- Day 1: Mr. Pickles (example) emails offdee directly with his diatribe- offdee posts it into the Smack Off thread- FFA reacts for the day- Day 2: Otis (example) emails offdee directly with his diatribe- offdee posts it into the Smack Off thread- FFA reacts for the day- etc., etc. etcAfter all participants have submitted their one time diatribe a poll is put up and the FFA votes accordingly.I'd be willing to run the thing as outlined above if there's interest.
You seriously don't remember the FFA Smack Off? There was an entire separate forum for it and everything
Didn't remember. Don't mind me then.

RIP ThomasA:pourforty:

J.T. the Brick 40/1
Didn't J.T. the Brick win the title once or twice in the past? Wonder why his odds are so low?J.T. and and Jay Mohr have also hosted sports radio shows -- J.T. with his own show circa 2003 and Mohr as a fill-in for Rome. Suprised pros are going up against the general amateur field.
When I was getting 'huge call of the day' on Rome I would always earn brownie points by calling J.T. The 'ChickenBrick' -- this was before I was officially in radio. I would stay on hold for 2+ hours just to break off a 2-minute rant....still have some of my phone calls recorded from back in the day (around 2002) :lmao:

J.T. the Brick 40/1
When I was getting 'huge call of the day' on Rome I would always earn brownie points by calling J.T. The 'ChickenBrick' -- this was before I was officially in radio. I would stay on hold for 2+ hours just to break off a 2-minute rant....still have some of my phone calls recorded from back in the day (around 2002) :lmao:
post em!

Does anyone have the link where a guy was 'impersonating' Jim Rome about eating a hot dog at the fair, and he was calling his ride a sled?

Wade give it up buddy. Rome :lol:

Oh, and I don't want to hear about or get an email about yada yada yada....Joe Pa Socal Bra, Natty, rackem, epic, thanks Clones.

'Osaurus said:
I only can listen to his show with guest hosts, the Hack-Off, and the Smack-Off.
I like Rome's shtick but I think the callers are horrible. 9 out of 10 are obviously reading and it just sounds so forced.

'Osaurus said:
I only can listen to his show with guest hosts, the Hack-Off, and the Smack-Off.
I like Rome's shtick but I think the callers are horrible. 9 out of 10 are obviously reading and it just sounds so forced.
I listened for years. Like from 94 to 02? Then we lost our affiliate so I $$ online. I have a ton of shows from around 2001 on my computer. I always loved it but I found at the end I was enjoying the guest hosts (sclar brothers especially) more than Romey. I'll play it (smackoff) back tomorrow if I can find it. :popcorn:

'Tiger Fan said:
'Cecil Lammey said:
'Doug B said:
'wadegarrett said:

J.T. the Brick 40/1
post em!
:goodposting:
'Osaurus said:
Rome easily gets annoying and I'll move on. But he does have some of the best interviews in sports which is the main reason I still listen. The callers are usually annoying but the smack-off can be quite good.

'Andy Dufresne said:
"The View?...You'd rather watch the View?...Are you gay?....You'd rather watch the View?...Gay guy...You'd rather watch the View?...Rather than listen to the Smackoff, you'd rather watch the view?..."Repeat for 30 minutes and you have a "classic" Rome segment.
:lmao: :lmao:

Back when Tony Kornheiser had a show on ESPN he used to mock Rome relentlessly. Epic. He would have a "Snack Off" about the same time Brah would have his Smack circle jerk.

Callers would call in with their Epic snacks. It was Clahhsic!!

Users who are viewing this thread