What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kendall Hunter (1 Viewer)

Hoss_Cartwright

Footballguy
Not many talking about him, but he reminds a lot of folks of MJD. He's small, but thick with a low center of gravity. He's quick and has great vision. While most are talking about Ingram, LeShoure, and Ryan Williams, I feel Hunter could end up being the steal of many drafts. He's getting a 2nd round grade right now and I would love it if the Colts drafted him. He ran a 4.43 at his pro day to make up for the 4.53 he ran at the combine.

"Oklahoma State RB Kendall Hunter had the best week among Senior Bowl running backs, according to FOX Sports' Adam Caplan.

Caplan isn't alone. NFL Network's Mike Mayock and ESPN's Todd McShay have both been very high on Hunter's Mobile performance, and all three of the analysts mentioned have praised Hunter's blitz pickup ability. Mayock has gone so far as to compare the 5'9/200-pound Hunter to Maurice Jones-Drew"

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig him, but I also love Dion Lewis as the best value rookie RB. But I've missed before. Damn you, Brandon Jackson, damn you!

I dig him, but I also love Dion Lewis as the best value rookie RB. But I've missed before. Damn you, Brandon Jackson, damn you!
I like Lewis as well. I have him in one league that has devy players. I think I like Hunter more, but I could change my mind next week. Sure is a crap shoot isn't it?

I dont think he has near the power/strength of MJD, which would make him more Sproles than Jones-Drew. He does have a good head on his shoulders and is said to be a hard worker, but i think he has a long way to go before i compare him to MJD.

I dont think he has near the power/strength of MJD, which would make him more Sproles than Jones-Drew. He does have a good head on his shoulders and is said to be a hard worker, but i think he has a long way to go before i compare him to MJD.
Honestly, think he is bewteen the two. Safer as an every down guy than Sproles, but I don't think he has 3rd/returner skills of Sproles.

Honestly, think he is bewteen the two. Safer as an every down guy than Sproles, but I don't think he has 3rd/returner skills of Sproles.
I agree he is likely between the two. However, the thing that makes MJD better than other backs with similar build/skill set is his power/strength. Which is part of the reason my favorite back from this class(after the top 3) is Shane Vereen. He is not a big back, but is storng as a bull, and is a tough inside runner. Yet has enough speed, elusiveness to avoid tacklers as well. Sorry for the semi-hijack.

I agree he is likely between the two. However, the thing that makes MJD better than other backs with similar build/skill set is his power/strength. Which is part of the reason my favorite back from this class(after the top 3) is Shane Vereen. He is not a big back, but is storng as a bull, and is a tough inside runner. Yet has enough speed, elusiveness to avoid tacklers as well. Sorry for the semi-hijack.
No hijack at all, Vereen is relevant to the discussion.

Agreed. Hunter is surprisingly difficult to bring down for a "little guy", he runs very low to the ground, but the thing I like about him is his vision. He will have to prove that he's a good receiver out of the backfield, but I honestly think he has Jamaal Charles like potential.

Agreed. Hunter is surprisingly difficult to bring down for a "little guy", he runs very low to the ground, but the thing I like about him is his vision. He will have to prove that he's a good receiver out of the backfield, but I honestly think he has Jamaal Charles like potential.
I thought that was actually one of the biggest knocks agaisnt him. He doesnt break many tackles or pick up alot of yardage after contact. He has good speed and quickness, but i dont think he is near Charles level.

'Go deep said:
'chinawildman said:
I thought that was actually one of the biggest knocks agaisnt him. He doesnt break many tackles or pick up alot of yardage after contact. He has good speed and quickness, but i dont think he is near Charles level.
In the games I've watched he seemed to flash a little "barry" in him and that's no hyperbole. Maybe it's just because he's so squat and has awesome change of direction skills. Whether can be at Charles's level depends on what team he goes to. The way he picks his way behind his blockers and darts through tacklers really impresses me. I am a Texas alum and the first time I watched Hunter play was against Texas and the first player he reminded me of was Charles. They're built differently, but he is a smallish runner that can run between the tackles and the burst to break it outside.

'Go deep said:
'chinawildman said:
In the games I've watched he seemed to flash a little "barry" in him and that's no hyperbole. Maybe it's just because he's so squat and has awesome change of direction skills. Whether can be at Charles's level depends on what team he goes to. The way he picks his way behind his blockers and darts through tacklers really impresses me. I am a Texas alum and the first time I watched Hunter play was against Texas and the first player he reminded me of was Charles. They're built differently, but he is a smallish runner that can run between the tackles and the burst to break it outside.
Agreed, im definitely intrigued by Hunter, im just not sure he has the power to break tackles in the NFL on a consistent basis. It also isn really a knock that he doesnt have Charles speed, other than CJ, nobody does.

'Go deep said:
'chinawildman said:
:goodposting: I've seen the same, and am very curious to see where he lands...

He ran a 4.37 at his pro day to make up for the 4.53 he ran at the combine.
Do you have a link for this? I tried looking up pro day 40s last week, and the first hits I got for Hunter were saying he ran no faster. I see now that Rotoworld is reporting 4.43. There's no official time, just wonder whose stopwatch you're quoting.

He ran a 4.37 at his pro day to make up for the 4.53 he ran at the combine.
Do you have a link for this? I tried looking up pro day 40s last week, and the first hits I got for Hunter were saying he ran no faster. I see now that Rotoworld is reporting 4.43. There's no official time, just wonder whose stopwatch you're quoting.
I corrected the OP. It is a 4.43, not 4.37. Not sure where I read that, so if I can't find it I change it.http://www.nflhuddle.com/2011/03/09/kendall-hunter-runs-4-43-at-pro-day-kendall-hunter-rb-college-player/

tough to call him the 'best' value as I see so many quality values in this draft, difficult for me to pick just one. Hunter is near the top of a lot of peoples rb rankings- top 5 maybe so I'd say it's got to be one of the guys that are cheaper

tough to call him the 'best' value as I see so many quality values in this draft, difficult for me to pick just one. Hunter is near the top of a lot of peoples rb rankings- top 5 maybe so I'd say it's got to be one of the guys that are cheaper
Depending on who you're talking to but hardly anyone is listing him in the 1st round of mock rookie drafts. :shrug:

Not many talking about him, but he reminds a lot of folks of MJD. He's small, but thick with a low center of gravity. He's quick and has great vision. While most are talking about Ingram, LeShoure, and Ryan Williams, I feel Hunter could end up being the steal of many drafts. He's getting a 2nd round grade right now and I would love it if the Colts drafted him. He ran a 4.43 at his pro day to make up for the 4.53 he ran at the combine."Oklahoma State RB Kendall Hunter had the best week among Senior Bowl running backs, according to FOX Sports' Adam Caplan.Caplan isn't alone. NFL Network's Mike Mayock and ESPN's Todd McShay have both been very high on Hunter's Mobile performance, and all three of the analysts mentioned have praised Hunter's blitz pickup ability. Mayock has gone so far as to compare the 5'9/200-pound Hunter to Maurice Jones-Drew"
You know what Hoss.....I can't take anything you say seriously. In one instance you are saying we have to wait to see what team Ingram goes to and he isn't the best RB rookie drafts unless he ends up in a great spot.......in another instance you are here with a man crush on Hunter before knowing what team he ends up on. Your arguements lose validity with each passing minute. I am also onto your little game Hoss. You like LeShoure more than Ingram. You like Jones better then Green. You throw out statements like this on Hunter. You'll be one of those guys that if you hit on just one of your little predictions, you'll ride it for the next 5 years......however you'll bury all of your other predictions. Classic.....I have run into guys like you in the past.

Not many talking about him, but he reminds a lot of folks of MJD. He's small, but thick with a low center of gravity. He's quick and has great vision. While most are talking about Ingram, LeShoure, and Ryan Williams, I feel Hunter could end up being the steal of many drafts. He's getting a 2nd round grade right now and I would love it if the Colts drafted him. He ran a 4.43 at his pro day to make up for the 4.53 he ran at the combine."Oklahoma State RB Kendall Hunter had the best week among Senior Bowl running backs, according to FOX Sports' Adam Caplan.Caplan isn't alone. NFL Network's Mike Mayock and ESPN's Todd McShay have both been very high on Hunter's Mobile performance, and all three of the analysts mentioned have praised Hunter's blitz pickup ability. Mayock has gone so far as to compare the 5'9/200-pound Hunter to Maurice Jones-Drew"
You know what Hoss.....I can't take anything you say seriously. In one instance you are saying we have to wait to see what team Ingram goes to and he isn't the best RB rookie drafts unless he ends up in a great spot.......in another instance you are here with a man crush on Hunter before knowing what team he ends up on. Your arguements lose validity with each passing minute. I am also onto your little game Hoss. You like LeShoure more than Ingram. You like Jones better then Green. You throw out statements like this on Hunter. You'll be one of those guys that if you hit on just one of your little predictions, you'll ride it for the next 5 years......however you'll bury all of your other predictions. Classic.....I have run into guys like you in the past.
Not sure what your problem is, but let me just say that I am higher on Jones over Green and LeShoure over Ingram. I'm not looking for anything to ride for the next 5 years and I really shouldn't have dignified it with a response. Also, I've owned up to many wrong / bad picks in my day. I've been posting here for a long time and those that really knows me know that when I mention someone like Hunter, all I'm doing is listing someone that I like that isn't getting too much talk on this board. I'm not sure why you're criticizing me for that. You have no basis for your animosity.

'Hoss_Cartwright said:
'loose circuits said:
Depending on who you're talking to but hardly anyone is listing him in the 1st round of mock rookie drafts. :shrug:
guess it does depend on who you talk to. I saw him at 4 behind Ryan Williams more often than not :dunno:

'Hoss_Cartwright said:
'loose circuits said:
guess it does depend on who you talk to. I saw him at 4 behind Ryan Williams more often than not :dunno:
Maybe 4th or 5th RB in some rankings, but not 1st rd in dynasty rookie mocks.

'Hoss_Cartwright said:
'Carl Eller said:
Not sure what your problem is, but let me just say that I am higher on Jones over Green and LeShoure over Ingram. I'm not looking for anything to ride for the next 5 years and I really shouldn't have dignified it with a response. Also, I've owned up to many wrong / bad picks in my day. I've been posting here for a long time and those that really knows me know that when I mention someone like Hunter, all I'm doing is listing someone that I like that isn't getting too much talk on this board. I'm not sure why you're criticizing me for that. You have no basis for your animosity.
I don't have a problem with you......you are just one of those "contrary to public opinion" type of guys and that's fine. I do wished you had answered my question regarding teams these players end up on. I am one of those guys that says talent is talent and cream will rise to the top, but you told me that Ingram is only the #1 RB if he ends up in an ideal situation. How can you endorse Hunter already then without knowing what team he's going to be suited up for? What if a team (ie Chargers) drafts him to return kickoffs and to handle only a handful of 3rd downs? Would he still be the best value?Also, do you still believe that non-sense that Ingram will be the 4th or 5th running back selected in the draft?

'Hoss_Cartwright said:
'Carl Eller said:
Not many talking about him, but he reminds a lot of folks of MJD. He's small, but thick with a low center of gravity. He's quick and has great vision. While most are talking about Ingram, LeShoure, and Ryan Williams, I feel Hunter could end up being the steal of many drafts. He's getting a 2nd round grade right now and I would love it if the Colts drafted him. He ran a 4.43 at his pro day to make up for the 4.53 he ran at the combine.

"Oklahoma State RB Kendall Hunter had the best week among Senior Bowl running backs, according to FOX Sports' Adam Caplan.

Caplan isn't alone. NFL Network's Mike Mayock and ESPN's Todd McShay have both been very high on Hunter's Mobile performance, and all three of the analysts mentioned have praised Hunter's blitz pickup ability. Mayock has gone so far as to compare the 5'9/200-pound Hunter to Maurice Jones-Drew"
Not sure what your problem is, but let me just say that I am higher on Jones over Green and LeShoure over Ingram. I'm not looking for anything to ride for the next 5 years and I really shouldn't have dignified it with a response. Also, I've owned up to many wrong / bad picks in my day. I've been posting here for a long time and those that really knows me know that when I mention someone like Hunter, all I'm doing is listing someone that I like that isn't getting too much talk on this board. I'm not sure why you're criticizing me for that. You have no basis for your

animosity.
I don't have a problem with you......you are just one of those "contrary to public opinion" type of guys and that's fine. I do wished you had answered my question regarding teams these players end up on. I am one of those guys that says talent is talent and cream will rise to the top, but you told me that Ingram is only the #1 RB if he ends up in an ideal situation. How can you endorse Hunter already then without knowing what team he's going to be suited up for? What if a team (ie Chargers) drafts him to return kickoffs and to handle only a handful of 3rd downs? Would he still be the best value?Also, do you still believe that non-sense that Ingram will be the 4th or 5th running back selected in the draft?
I didn't say, "Ingram is only the #1 RB if he ends up in the ideal situation". I said....Question asked me: Will you still feel that way if Ingram is drafted before Leshoure?

Answer: I believe I will. Again, it does matter who takes who even if I look at talent over situation most of the time for dynasty prospects. I'm more inclined to look at situation for RBs over WRs due to the shelf life of a RB.

As for your quesiton do I feel Ingram will be the 4th or 5th RB taken? Probably not, but do you think it's possible he could be the 3rd?

'Hoss_Cartwright said:
'Carl Eller said:

Not sure what your problem is, but let me just say that I am higher on Jones over Green and LeShoure over Ingram. I'm not looking for anything to ride for the next 5 years and I really shouldn't have dignified it with a response. Also, I've owned up to many wrong / bad picks in my day. I've been posting here for a long time and those that really knows me know that when I mention someone like Hunter, all I'm doing is listing someone that I like that isn't getting too much talk on this board. I'm not sure why you're criticizing me for that. You have no basis for your

animosity.
I didn't say, "Ingram is only the #1 RB if he ends up in the ideal situation". I said....Question asked me: Will you still feel that way if Ingram is drafted before Leshoure?

Answer: I believe I will. Again, it does matter who takes who even if I look at talent over situation most of the time for dynasty prospects. I'm more inclined to look at situation for RBs over WRs due to the shelf life of a RB.

As for your quesiton do I feel Ingram will be the 4th or 5th RB taken? Probably not, but do you think it's possible he could be the 3rd?
No, I think Ingram will be the 1st RB selected (90%). 10% chance one of the other two go ahead of him. 0% chance Ingram will go 3rd.

I really like Hunter and am surprised he hasn't been picked yet. I hope he goes to a good situation tomorrow.

Hey Jonny, you still liking leshoure over ingram now? lmao... :lmao:

Snaps, I....i mean Go deep knows things. Vereen actually ended up grading out as my #3 RB(ahead of Leshoure) in my RB spread sheet that i sent out to some posters last week.

Interesting that the late pick RBs from last years rookie drafts (Hunter,Demarco,Quizz)

might end up being worth more than the top 5 picks - Ingram,R.Williams & D.Thomas.

time will tell

I was able to draft Hunter, Murray, and Quizz last year. I took some heat trading away 1.02 for S. Johnson, 2. 01, 2.02. I had the 1.12 where I drafted Hunter and then took Murray and Quizz right after. I was able to move Quizz/Knox for Colston at the end of the season.

I'm a big Hunter fan. I believe he's set up to succeed in the 49ers run first approach. Their defense is terrific and Gore is getting old. I'll be very interested in seeing the offseason and what Harbaugh does for backups to Gore through free agency and the draft.

I was able to draft Hunter, Murray, and Quizz last year. I took some heat trading away 1.02 for S. Johnson, 2. 01, 2.02. I had the 1.12 where I drafted Hunter and then took Murray and Quizz right after. I was able to move Quizz/Knox for Colston at the end of the season.

I'm a big Hunter fan. I believe he's set up to succeed in the 49ers run first approach. Their defense is terrific and Gore is getting old. I'll be very interested in seeing the offseason and what Harbaugh does for backups to Gore through free agency and the draft.

I was able to draft Hunter, Murray, and Quizz last year. I took some heat trading away 1.02 for S. Johnson, 2. 01, 2.02. I had the 1.12 where I drafted Hunter and then took Murray and Quizz right after. I was able to move Quizz/Knox for Colston at the end of the season.I'm a big Hunter fan. I believe he's set up to succeed in the 49ers run first approach. Their defense is terrific and Gore is getting old. I'll be very interested in seeing the offseason and what Harbaugh does for backups to Gore through free agency and the draft.
My only concern is the size of both Quizz and Hunter but they are certainly in a prime spot to take over with the feature backs on the team being as old and worn down as they are.

Explosive, great vision, and an aging Gore. Hunter will get his chance soon and when he does, look out.
And a team committed to the run with a great Offensive Line. However much I am a Hunter fan, I will say that I have heard a couple of writers say that the SF Offensive Line does not have the best scheme for a guy like Hunter, but works wonders for a guy like Gore. I won't lie-I don't know enough about it. But I'd love to hear if people think this is accurate or just gibberish I am reading.

Explosive, great vision, and an aging Gore. Hunter will get his chance soon and when he does, look out.
3 career games over 40 yards rushing in the NFL(none over 80 yards) and you're this excited???
Come on benson, its not like he has been given a big opportunity yet.
Obviously, but saying he's a future top 10 RB is more than his abilities have shown by a long shot. 4.2 YPC, 16 receptions...bla.

Users who are viewing this thread