Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigbottom

Bugs Bunny vs. Daffy Duck

Head to Head: Bugs or Daffy   82 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better Looney Tunes character?

• Bugs Bunny
    • Daffy Duck

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Bugs has always had top billing, but I'm warming up to the idea that Daffy was the better character. While Bugs certainly got more screentime, I think Daffy has a superior line to laugh ratio. But use whatever criteria you like.

p.s. This is a head to head battle, so no "other" votes for Wile E. Coyote or Elmer Fudd.

daffy was the better character, even if he went through a questionable late career pairing with speedy gonzalez.

Bugs was the better character, Daffy was the funnier character.

Since I watched cartoons to be entertained and laugh, I went with Daffy. Bugs was more clever, but Daffy was funnier. That he was always competing with Bugs Bunny made them a great duo. Better than Sylvester and Tweety but not quite as good as RR and Coyote.

Bugs is a wise guy which I like. Daffy is annoying.

Bugs wins. :thumbup:

Bugs was smart and sophisticated. Daffy was more a rube. Bugs draws laughs from being clever, and its not really him drawing the laughs as much as the fool he is paired with (Daffy or Elmer Fudd). Daffy draws laughs from being stupid. Several decades of sitcoms prove people prefer to laugh at stupid people.

I'm a Daffy man

Bugs was smart and sophisticated. Daffy was more a rube. Bugs draws laughs from being clever, and its not really him drawing the laughs as much as the fool he is paired with (Daffy or Elmer Fudd). Daffy draws laughs from being stupid. Several decades of sitcoms prove people prefer to laugh at stupid people.

I've found hayseeds are fond of Bugs

Bugs without Daffy is better than Daffy without Bugs. Bugs wins.

bugs is bugs. he has no range as a character. he stayed the same smug wiseguy that he was from the beginning. daffy was vain, greedy, crazy, goofy etc over the decades. he ran the gamut of moral and mental weakness. he never afraid to make himself the butt of jokes too. bugs never did that.

bugs is bugs. he has no range as a character. he stayed the same smug wiseguy that he was from the beginning. daffy was vain, greedy, crazy, goofy etc over the decades. he ran the gamut of moral and mental weakness. he never afraid to make himself the butt of jokes too. bugs never did that.
:goodposting:Daffy is more complex and "human"

I always enjoyed when Daffy's bill was hit so hard it ended up around the back of his head.

I always enjoyed when Daffy's bill was hit so hard it ended up around the back of his head.

Original Daffy=Bugs>>>>>>>Late version Daffy

:thumbup:

Agree with this. Original Daffy was crazy (HOO HOO A HOO HOO). Late version Daffy was just jealous of the bunny.

Agree with this. Original Daffy was crazy (HOO HOO A HOO HOO). Late version Daffy was just jealous of the bunny.
True, much like early Woody Woodpecker was downright crazy while later day Woody was more "cute".

I like the one where his wife has Daffy sit on the egg... "If anything happens to that egg, I'll slap your silly face clean off your head!"Camera pans to open ground... you hear "Whaaaaap" and his bill lands on open ground.

True, much like early Woody Woodpecker was downright crazy while later day Woody was more "cute".
Woody Woodpecker was pretty much always annoying.

Like many of us, Daffy grew from a silly adolescent into a grumpy curmudgeon.

FOR YOU

I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm comfortabky well-of.

When they are laughing at you and not with you, you lose.

Bugs wins!!!

FOR YOU

FOR YOU
A good example of the earlier rendition of Woody.

Bugs was my Teddy Bear as child. It probably explains my smart ### mouth to some extent too.

Vote, Bugs.

I thought this was going to be a fighting card. I was going to say that they get into an argument, Daffy attacks bugs and while advancing slips on his own spit, cracking his head open. Bugs wins.

I prefer Daffy over Bugs by character. Same way I chose Sylvester over Tweety and Tom over Jerry. Always hated that better/holier than thou attitude. Wanted Sylvester to toast Tweety over a spigot. Yes, my therapy is ongoing.