What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife uses sex as a weapon (1 Viewer)

We've discussed it before, even recently, and she claims that she has just lost interest in sex. From the research that I've done, it's not uncommon for women to experience this at all. It's wearing on me to no end though. I don't think a healthy marriage can survive without sex.
For this lady to be pulling this junk in her 30's good luck with her down the road, she sounds like a barrel of laughs...All this garbage about what YOU need to do as far as chores is a bunch of garbage. You need to take out the trash, do all the housework AND work full time to pay most of the bills and maybe if you're a good boy you will get a treat later. Whatever!! Id drop this lady so fast she would get whiplash. Thats how i roll, i dont play... :mellow:
:goodposting: If you have honestly pulled more than your weight so far and not getting any, I would take the opposite approach. Do less and tell her to pick up the slack more. Go do things solo that you like to do. Some (perhaps a lot) married women can view their husbands who do too much as less masculine. You've got to be alpha and stop being a Woz, walking on eggshells and doing everything. If she wants a man servant then she should hire one. That's not your role.

We've discussed it before, even recently, and she claims that she has just lost interest in sex. From the research that I've done, it's not uncommon for women to experience this at all. It's wearing on me to no end though. I don't think a healthy marriage can survive without sex.
For this lady to be pulling this junk in her 30's good luck with her down the road, she sounds like a barrel of laughs...All this garbage about what YOU need to do as far as chores is a bunch of garbage. You need to take out the trash, do all the housework AND work full time to pay most of the bills and maybe if you're a good boy you will get a treat later. Whatever!! Id drop this lady so fast she would get whiplash. Thats how i roll, i dont play... :mellow:
:goodposting: This redneck knows things.
Yes, he knows how to equate money with sex. Bravo.
I just dont allow woman to dictate how many tricks i have to do in a day to get a treat...
This.Honestly, be the man and don't allow your wife (or gf) dictate the relationship.

:goodposting: This redneck knows things.
Yes, he knows how to equate money with sex. Bravo.
I just dont allow woman to dictate how many tricks i have to do in a day to get a treat...
You don't allow them?
Did i stutter?
No but I hope your point was that you end up home alone masturbating after most of your dates.
I have ladies from all parts of the country calling me up to fly out to see them. Sending me nudie pics, They want a piece of the Boom... :mellow:
Don't listen to Chaka regarding women. Seriously.

I think you are missing the point. I believe the point is... what does sex have to do with chores?
It's not about chores it's about feeling appreciated and not feeling like an afterthought until he gets horny.
:goodposting:
do we have a new female member?
New?
I don't think he was talking about you.
Well then I feel really bad for you because there is nothing as humiliating as being called a girl.
If she's going to act like a girl then no problem calling her one.

Is Loss of Libido in Women Normal?

"Don't call loss of libido a disorder," Laumann says. "How can it be a dysfunction if one-third of women, no matter what their age, report that they lose interest?

"This is normal," he says, and a growing number of researchers concur.

"Low sexual desire is not a disease, it is the understandable result of an imbalance in your life...in your relationship, your life circumstances or your body," writes Kathryn Hall, Ph.D. in Reclaiming Your Sexual Self: How You Can Bring Desire Back into Your Life.

Just because loss of libido in women is normal and common, however, doesn't mean you can't fix it. Many women feel as if they are letting their partners down. They also feel alienated and left out in today's powerfully sexually-charged world where everyone, from the models in lingerie ads to the doctors on TV, seem to think of little else besides sex. It's as if "you're the only one who doesn't get the joke," writes Hall.

Even worse, losing interest in sex can mean you miss out on a lot more than simply one of life's few non-fattening pleasures. It can begin to drain the passion out of the rest of your life, as well.

"I saw this woman [a patient] yesterday — for eight years she had no interest sexually; all she thought about was taking care of her four children and her husband," says Esther Perel, a couples and family therapist in New York City, and author of Mating in Captivity: Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic.

"And then slowly, all the other pleasures went, too. Food. Swimming. Everything about pleasing herself went, one after the other. She was numb," Perel says.

There are things women can do to rekindle desire and bring passion and pleasure back in their lives. But the first step is to understand why you might be losing interest.

Read more: Why Women Lose Interest in Sex -- and 10 Tips to Rekindle Desire - Good Housekeeping

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/family/marriage-sex/women-sexual-desire-0307

Can you blame her? After 16 years I can't imagine wanting to have sex with the same person over and over either. I can't last but 3 or 4 years without getting bored. I don't know how you married folks do it.
20ish years of practice/training and everything is dialed in perfect. Talk about a nice setup. Would hate to break someone in constantly. I don't know how you single guys do it.
Yeah, it's pretty awful. :mellow:

Can you blame her? After 16 years I can't imagine wanting to have sex with the same person over and over either. I can't last but 3 or 4 years without getting bored. I don't know how you married folks do it.
20ish years of practice/training and everything is dialed in perfect. Talk about a nice setup. Would hate to break someone in constantly. I don't know how you single guys do it.
Hang in there, Bud.

This thread has me calling marriage counselors today.

Wife and I have averaged 3-4 times a year since our son was born six years ago.

Haven't had the secks in the last 8 months which has included her birthday, my birthday and our 10-year wedding anniversary.

To continue like this is just insane, my mentality has always been, do whatever you have to do for the family, the kids. But this just isn't healthy.

Hang in there, Bud.
Pick is a weird dude.

This thread has me calling marriage counselors today.Wife and I have averaged 3-4 times a year since our son was born six years ago.Haven't had the secks in the last 8 months which has included her birthday, my birthday and our 10-year wedding anniversary.To continue like this is just insane, my mentality has always been, do whatever you have to do for the family, the kids. But this just isn't healthy.
Good luck. :thumbup:

This thread has me calling marriage counselors today.Wife and I have averaged 3-4 times a year since our son was born six years ago.Haven't had the secks in the last 8 months which has included her birthday, my birthday and our 10-year wedding anniversary.To continue like this is just insane, my mentality has always been, do whatever you have to do for the family, the kids. But this just isn't healthy.
Wow Jesus Christ, sorry to hear that

It's a horrible, dreadful job but someone's got to do it.

Good luck

Good luck!

I dealt with a similar situation years ago (except for the marriage part). Was living with my fiancee and she switched to Paxil after being on Wellbutrin and other drugs before.

My advice: Get her off the meds. Seriously. And I don't mean switching her to another one like Lexapro. (You'll have to consult with your doctor how to do this safely as quitting these cold turkey can have bad results in some people.)

She's responsible for her own happiness. She needs to learn how to control her anxiety without drugs. And you can help her with this.

Learn how to meditate together. Go to yoga together. Work with her to change her thought patterns from negative to positive. There's a ton of good info out there explaining how to do this (The Power of the Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy is where I would start). Start eating a healthy diet. Work out together regularly. Etc.

The bottom line is that trying to get her to change her behavior without getting her off the pills will almost surely be unsuccessful.

Haven't had the secks in the last 8 months which has included her birthday, my birthday and our 10-year wedding anniversary.

To continue like this is just insane, my mentality has always been, do whatever you have to do for the family, the kids. But this just isn't healthy.
I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for this.Even dirt poor white trash in a trailer sleeping on cheeseburger wrappers know this ain't right.

I dealt with a similar situation years ago (except for the marriage part). Was living with my fiancee and she switched to Paxil after being on Wellbutrin and other drugs before.My advice: Get her off the meds. Seriously. And I don't mean switching her to another one like Lexapro. (You'll have to consult with your doctor how to do this safely as quitting these cold turkey can have bad results in some people.)She's responsible for her own happiness. She needs to learn how to control her anxiety without drugs. And you can help her with this.Learn how to meditate together. Go to yoga together. Work with her to change her thought patterns from negative to positive. There's a ton of good info out there explaining how to do this (The Power of the Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy is where I would start). Start eating a healthy diet. Work out together regularly. Etc.The bottom line is that trying to get her to change her behavior without getting her off the pills will almost surely be unsuccessful.
Are you actually suggesting that people concern themselves with the well being of those they love and promised in front of G-d and the world that they would be true to?PfftToo much work. Just dump her and start over. Oh and on the way out be sure to let her know that it is entirely her fault and what a horrible person she is for not servicing you on demand. Smacking her around is optional.

I dealt with a similar situation years ago (except for the marriage part). Was living with my fiancee and she switched to Paxil after being on Wellbutrin and other drugs before.My advice: Get her off the meds. Seriously. And I don't mean switching her to another one like Lexapro. (You'll have to consult with your doctor how to do this safely as quitting these cold turkey can have bad results in some people.)She's responsible for her own happiness. She needs to learn how to control her anxiety without drugs. And you can help her with this.Learn how to meditate together. Go to yoga together. Work with her to change her thought patterns from negative to positive. There's a ton of good info out there explaining how to do this (The Power of the Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy is where I would start). Start eating a healthy diet. Work out together regularly. Etc.The bottom line is that trying to get her to change her behavior without getting her off the pills will almost surely be unsuccessful.
Are you actually suggesting that people concern themselves with the well being of those they love and promised in front of G-d and the world that they would be true to?PfftToo much work. Just dump her and start over. Oh and on the way out be sure to let her know that it is entirely her fault and what a horrible person she is for not servicing you on demand. Smacking her around is optional.
Now this is sound advice.

Sorry to hear GB. I went through something similar. Ranger cornhole soon?

holy crap would I be crabby. good luck man

Wow. Good luck. I hope you can work this out.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for this.Even dirt poor white trash in a trailer sleeping on cheeseburger wrappers know this ain't right.
Those people actually have a lot of sex.

:jawdrop: Dude just said screw it one night and and be aggressive (obviously within boundaries of the law). Maybe she'll be caught off guard and remember how good it feels.

'desert rose said:
I'm not married, and I'm not in my 30s. But from everything I've heard, women get more of an appetite in their 30s and 40s, while men decline a little in theirs. I do think that for women, who are already in a committed relationship, a lot of being in the mood has to do with the emotionl domain. If she feels emotionally connected to you, she'll be more there.Just my two cents.
my take on this after 22 years with the same woman and 4 kids: if you want your wife to respond to you sexually you have to do certain things beside show up from the bar or golf and say i'm horny lets go. First and foremost, be a man. That means don't spend more time on your clothes and hair than she does, it means do man things like fix #### aroudn the house and yardwork. When she gets kind of whiney for no apparent reason tell her to knock it off, stand your ground, don't let your wife guilt you into all types of submissive non-man behavior. But being a man also means you are attentive to her desire to be listened to, you are there emotionally for her to lean on, you are there to help raise and discipline your children, you back up your wife against your children when they whine about mom being mean, you help around the house, you set aside quality time for your wife and your children. In between all of this, you have to find little moments where you come up and grab her, or whisper something sexy in her ear, tell her she's hot, tell her you're going to treat her like a whore later on, send her a dirty text.. something, anything that plants the idea in her head. this is good to do in the morning before you go to work, when you come home as long as you're willing to follow through, a lot of times you'll get more than you bargained for. Because like all things in a long term relationship, it can all become mundane and routine, you need to throw some curveballs in once in a while and keep it interesting.

:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
two years ago yet still alarming

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irving-kirsch-phd/antidepressants-the-emper_b_442205.html

Antidepressants are supposed to be the magic bullet for curing depression. But are they? I used to think so. As a clinical psychologist, I used to refer depressed clients to psychiatric colleagues to have them prescribed. But over the past decade, researchers have uncovered mounting evidence that they are not. It seems that we have been misled. Depression is not a brain disease, and chemicals don't cure it.

My awareness that the chemical cure of depression is a myth began in 1998, when Guy Sapirstein and I set out to assess the placebo effect in the treatment of depression. Instead of doing a brand new study, we decided to pool the results of previous studies in which placebos had been used to treat depression and analyze them together. What we did is called a meta-analysis, and it is a common technique for making sense of the data when a large number of studies have been done to answer a particular question.

It is rare for a study to focus on the placebo effect--or on the effect of the simple passage of time, for that matter. So where were we to find our placebo data and no-treatment data? We found our placebo data in clinical studies of antidepressants. All told, we analyzed 38 published clinical trials involving more than 3,000 depressed patients. What we found came as a big surprise. It turned out that 75 percent of the antidepressant effect was also produced by placebos - sugar pills with no active ingredients that are used to control the effects of hope and expectation in clinical trials. In other words, most of the improvement seen in patients given antidepressants was a placebo effect.

Worse yet, it seemed that even the small seeming drug effect might have really been a placebo effect. These studies were supposed to be double-blind. That means that neither the patients nor their doctors were supposed to know whether they had been given the real drug or a placebo. As it turned out, most of them were able to figure out which they were given, especially those who had been given the real drug. Antidepressants have side effects, and when a patient experiences these side effects, they know that they are in the drug group rather than the placebo group. That knowledge could be responsible for the small apparent advantage of drug over placebo.

As you might imagine, our study was very controversial. How could these drugs, which account for about 15 percent or all prescriptions in the US, be placebos? The antidepressants we studied had been approved by the FDA. If they were just placebos, why did the FDA approve them?

To answer these questions, my colleagues and I used the Freedom of Information Act to get the data that the drug companies had sent to the FDA in the process of getting their medications approved. What we found was even more shocking that what our 1998 study had shown. The difference between drug and placebo was even smaller in the data sent to the FDA than it was in the published literature. More than half of the clinical trials sponsored by the pharmaceutical companies showed no significant difference at all between drug and placebo. What they did find was differences in side effects, like nausea and sexual dysfunction, produced by antidepressants; and the FDA later determined that SSRIs, the most common type of antidepressants, actually increases the risk of suicide for children, adolescents and young adults.

So why did the FDA approve these drugs? All they require is that there are two trials showing a statistical difference between drug and placebo. The drug company might have conducted 10 trials, and most have them might have failed to show positive results. Still, if there are two trials that have been successful, the antidepressant can be approved. And even in these two successful trials, it doesn't matter how large the drug effect is. It can be small enough to make no real difference in people's lives. It doesn't have to be clinically significant; It just has to be statistically significant.

Fortunately there are alternatives to treatment with dangerous but largely ineffective drugs. Psychotherapy works, and some types of therapy have been shown to be much more effective than antidepressants over the long run. Physical exercise also works, and at least for mildly depressed people, there are self-help books like David Burns's Feeling Good, that have been tested in clinical trials and found to be effective. So if you're feeling blue, you may not have to take pills to get better. Instead, talk to your doctor about safer and more effective alternative treatments.

Irving Kirsch is Professor of Psychology at the University of Hull in the UK and author of "The Emperor's New Drugs: Exploding the Antidepressant Myth" (Basic Books, 2010).

Last edited by a moderator:
Men focus on the main course (inserting Object A into warm, wet area B). Women, at least in my experience, are all about the "appetizer," the dinner conversation, and the dessert. Men want steak. Women want to be wooed, want to laugh and enjoy some great conversation, want that delicious side dish/appetizer, and that rich chocolate at the end. I can get my wife to climax without ever having "Object A" go anywhere near "warm, wet area B." In fact, I think that is often-times a lot easier getting to that point! For me? Nothing beats "steak." But it's not all about me.

My problem after 13 years of marriage is similar to the OP though. It's rarely if ever about "me" anymore. She expects the sun, moon and stars from me, then "returns the favor" about 5-10% of the time. She's very selfish that way...only if I call her on it?! Then the Jedi mind-tricks begin related to me being selfish for focusing on my own needs rather than hers. ;) I think sex and marriage is like a 12-step program. You deny that your sex life has forever changed (especially after having kids)...sometimes for years/decades. Then you finally accept your fate. Then you get angry. Then you finally focus on figuring out how to try and make "lemonade" out of the lemons you feel life has dealt you. A lot of guys never get past denial or anger in that whole process. Anger also including the "I'll show her!" and/or running around chasing skirts on the side/D-L.

The thing I don't like, however, is how marriage is suppose to equal fidelity...but how many women seem to equate that to chastity. If men want to have sex, and their wife doesn't want to and/or uses it as power/leverage in their relationship, then men are toast. Don't do anything about it? They're angry/unfulfilled most of the time. Try to do something about it and their wife isn't receptive and/or realizes the good thing she has going? See: Don't do anything about it. Cheat on your wife?! You lose WAAAAAY more than half your stuff, your kids, and get to live in some flea-bag motel while your wife and attorneys bleed you dry. All because of sex. Seriously...how many marriages out there end in which a couple's sex life has been happy/healthy? Probably not too many. My guess is that sex is what breaks up a VAST amount of marriages. :shrug:
:goodposting: With maybe the FBG Uberwife exception, I think many marriages are in the shades of gray area of this assessment. We men are just wired to want it more, and from my perspective sex in marriage is more than the physical act but more like an intimate connection you share with your partner. At times I've felt the way D and the OP has stated, and am working my way through the 12-step program in a sense. We're in our mid-thirties, have two young children, both work and are generally fit and successful and love each other a lot. We've recently started a mandatory date night a couple times a month, spend quality time doing other things we enjoy, both with the kids or after they go to bed, and in general have made some effort to connect more and have talked about our differences in viewpoints on sex. I've really tried to get my head around the fact it's not all about me and that having ulterior motives for messages and so forth is counterproductive. These smallish changes have made some progress towards more fun times and reconnecting with each other. I have accepted that I will be the initiator 95% of the time and it's not because she doesn't want to have sex, but she just wants me to get the ball rolling. Is it fair? Not really, but it is what it is. I'm not completely satisfied but we're making progress in our busy life to have a happy marriage where all parties get most of what they want. I married a good woman and if once/week sexy time is the burden I bear then I'm willing to do it. And it sounds like there are others who would trade for that kind of frequency, like I would trade for those that get it more frequently. Life is always busy and the focus shifts from each other to kids, and it takes a lot of effort to fight for the husband/wife territory out of all the other stuff.

Those of you gentlemen who have been married for several years, and feel that the sex is lacking simply need to switch it up a bit. If you truly are still in love, attracted to, and want to have an intimate relationship with your wife. Get her out of her normal routine.

If you have kids get a babysitter for the night without letting her know. Don't ask, tell her to get dressed up because you're going out. Then shoot the lock off your wallet and do something completely out of the ordinary.

Do or buy something special for her without expecting anything in return.

Plan a picnic with strawberries and a couple bottles of champagne. Suggest some kind of project you can start together. Take her for a weekend getaway at the beach or a bed and breakfast. Just get her out of the damn house. Do activities that include her on a regular basis, and she'll probably fall in love with you again. Anything, something different.

Life with one person is monotonous. It's especially worse when you do the exact same thing every day or night, and probably even worse than that if you've got a few kids. However, if you love the person you're with it shouldn't be a struggle to want to do nice things for them. She'll appreciate your thoughtfulness, and it will likely be reciprocated where you want it to be.

Again, only do these things if you really care about and want to be with your wife. Don't come in here and complain that your wife won't sleep with you if all you do is go home after work, crack a beer, turn on the TV, and then crawl into bed after a six-pack hoping to get laid.

Dude. 8 months?!?!? I'd be pissed after 8 days. Good luck.

gl gb

We've recently started a mandatory date night a couple times a month, spend quality time doing other things we enjoy, both with the kids or after they go to bed, and in general have made some effort to connect more and have talked about our differences in viewpoints on sex.
I don't doubt that this approach has worked for you, but "mandatory date night" just becomes another part of your routine that will likely seem forced over time.
What do you want to do tonight, honey? It's date night! :rolleyes: Chili's, I guess.
The common theme I seem to notice in a lot of these threads where the married guys complain about lack of sex, especially when they're honest with themselves, is that their wives are freaking bored out of their minds.

Sorry to hear GB. I went through something similar. Ranger cornhole soon?
GLGBB.Baseball ball.

I dont understand how this happens. My divorce will be final next month and im still sleeping with the wife 3-4 times a week which was our normal routine any damn way.

Thanks for all the kinds words of encouragement and comments.

My apologies to the OP for a possible highjack.

Wasn't going to post anything, my situation is really ridiculous when you type it out and actually read it. But I am glad I did, if for no other reason that to be accountable at some level. Over time you get angry, mad, depressed, confused, concerned, worried, and then finally you just assume it's normal and learn to deal with it. I can see that it is not.

I dont understand how this happens. My divorce will be final next month and im still sleeping with the wife 3-4 times a week which was our normal routine any damn way.
:lmao: :lmao: effing Peens.

Users who are viewing this thread