What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Voice" , new singing talent search show (1 Viewer)

Between innings I have to switch to this...awful, terrible, the singers were not bad but the whole presentation of this show and Carson Daly doing his impression of Ryan Seacrest makes this a big dud.

some presentation issues, but the talent on this show blows American Idol out of the water. It's really not even comparable.

Yeah, some of the singers are pretty good, but Im glad I DVR'd it and am just fast forwarding to the singing and who they pick to team up with without all the BS in between.

So far I think the big white guy and the black guy who sang Time After Time are the best of the night, and Adam got them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, some of the singers are pretty good, but Im glad I DVR'd it and am just fast forwarding to the singing and who they pick to team up with without all the BS in between.

So far I think the big white guy and the black guy who sang Time After Time are the best of the night, and Adam got them both.
I haven't seen American Idol in 4 or 5 years. But I gave this show a try, and I hate to admit I'm enjoying it.That guy just KILLED Time After Time. And the big white kid was pretty good too. And the 16 year old girl was fun to listen to.

Don't usually watch these types of singing/dancing/talent shows but stumbled across this one after Survivor last night and thought it was pretty smart how they set up so the celebrity judges are playing against each other. Made for some fun banter and it was cool to see them getting genuinely excited over the vocalists and trying to recruit them. I'm in for another episode or two, see if it hooks me for the season.

Question: Was the Time After Time guy the tall afro guy or the white hat/guitar guy? Thought they were both awesome, can't remember who sang what.

Don't usually watch these types of singing/dancing/talent shows but stumbled across this one after Survivor last night and thought it was pretty smart how they set up so the celebrity judges are playing against each other. Made for some fun banter and it was cool to see them getting genuinely excited over the vocalists and trying to recruit them. I'm in for another episode or two, see if it hooks me for the season.Question: Was the Time After Time guy the tall afro guy or the white hat/guitar guy? Thought they were both awesome, can't remember who sang what.
He was the white hat black dude. My wife thought he was fantastic, however my point is that have you ever heard anyone sing a bad version of that song? No matter who sings it, it always sounds great to me.

Who did Christina Aguilera eat to get that big? She used to have a special place in UKSHANE's spank bank. :cry:

I just started watching tonight. It seems like a flaw of the set-up that the judges have more spots on their teams than talent available.

Did they skip over decent singers early looking for perfection and scrambling now?

My wife got me into this. I dont love it but its watchable.

The only way this does well next year is with different judges IMO

I see the bald lesbian being booted with the cute girl. Frenchie and little momma stay

And on the other side, I see senya and the cowboy being booted with piano girl and 6 kids guy

My wife got me into this. I dont love it but its watchable. The only way this does well next year is with different judges IMOI see the bald lesbian being booted with the cute girl. Frenchie and little momma stayAnd on the other side, I see senya and the cowboy being booted with piano girl and 6 kids guy
I think you've got the finalists picked correctly, at least by talent.

My wife got me into this. I dont love it but its watchable. The only way this does well next year is with different judges IMOI see the bald lesbian being booted with the cute girl. Frenchie and little momma stayAnd on the other side, I see senya and the cowboy being booted with piano girl and 6 kids guy
I think you've got the finalists picked correctly, at least by talent.
This is how I'd break it out, personally. But, there are a lot of country music fans and only 1 person on the show for them to throw their votes behind. I can see him advancing akin to Bristol Palin on that other show.Also, my wife really dislikes the piano girl. She didn't like her choice of song (didn't find it believable her singing the word "homey") and thinks she did a terrible job because of it. Hopefully not too many more feel the same way, because I thought that performance was exceptional.I'm also in the group who hasn't watched an episode of American Idol, but am completely drawn into this show.

This is how I'd break it out, personally. But, there are a lot of country music fans and only 1 person on the show for them to throw their votes behind. I can see him advancing akin to Bristol Palin on that other show.

Also, my wife really dislikes the piano girl. She didn't like her choice of song (didn't find it believable her singing the word "homey") and thinks she did a terrible job because of it. Hopefully not too many more feel the same way, because I thought that performance was exceptional.

I'm also in the group who hasn't watched an episode of American Idol, but am completely drawn into this show.
Weird criticism. Dia was transformed by that song and she knocked it out of the park.

This is how I'd break it out, personally. But, there are a lot of country music fans and only 1 person on the show for them to throw their votes behind. I can see him advancing akin to Bristol Palin on that other show.

Also, my wife really dislikes the piano girl. She didn't like her choice of song (didn't find it believable her singing the word "homey") and thinks she did a terrible job because of it. Hopefully not too many more feel the same way, because I thought that performance was exceptional.

I'm also in the group who hasn't watched an episode of American Idol, but am completely drawn into this show.
Weird criticism. Dia was transformed by that song and she knocked it out of the park.
I agree but my wife does not like her at all. :shrug:

BTW - Nobody sucks the energy from the room faster than Carson Daly.

It's like the show is being hosted by The.Draft.Robot.

And please, no more checking in on the social networking going on in the back room.

Xenia sounds like another raspy, raw type singer. Can't remember her name but she's similar to Colbie Caillat.

ETA - Brandi Carlisle is who I was thinking of. Imagine Xenia singing

, well when she matures anyway.

Xenia sounds like another raspy, raw type singer. Can't remember her name but she's similar to Colbie Caillat.

I like Xenia but she needs to sing with just a bit more power. Her vocals are difficult to hear at times over that fantastic stage band.

I agree. I hope she can get over her nerves a bit more becuase she's got a great and unique voice.

Have you heard the studio version of the first song she sang on the show? My wife downloaded it and I really enjoy it.

I agree. I also am partial to an artist taking a song that is completely out of character for them and putting their own stamp on it. My wife thought she would have done better singing a Norah Jones song. I'm sure she would have done a great job, but it wouldn't have set her apart from the rest of the pack. Everyone else picked the most obvious songs for their music style (Melissa Etheridge for the lesbian? Really? Who could have guessed?). She did much more than that.

Have you heard the studio version of the first song she sang on the show? My wife downloaded it and I really enjoy it.
This one?I think it helps me enjoy their performances more because most of the songs they're singing I haven't heard done by the original artists.
Very good...if Javier does not win this thing though, something is up. He seems head and shoulders better than every else IMO.

I agree. I also am partial to an artist taking a song that is completely out of character for them and putting their own stamp on it. My wife thought she would have done better singing a Norah Jones song. I'm sure she would have done a great job, but it wouldn't have set her apart from the rest of the pack. Everyone else picked the most obvious songs for their music style (Melissa Etheridge for the lesbian? Really? Who could have guessed?). She did much more than that.
:lol: Almost word for word what I said.

Her nerves really did her in, unfortunately. She didn't clench her hands, but the arm movements they gave her seemed stiff and didn't look natural at all. Instead they should have coached her to hold the microphone on the stand.

Which one of them re-arranged a song for the selection round? Christina had commented that she couldn't believe she hadn't thought of doing that.

I agree with this guy. I don't think she'll win but I'd like to see her do it.

I like these judges much more than American Idol. But just like AI, they're not pointing out the vocal mistakes that were made. Several of the singers were flat and sharp throughout their songs, but they only get positive reviews.If an opposing judge has the opportunity to slam a contestant, they should do it.

All the judges/coaches were gushing over her rendition. I'd be willing to bet that Dia got the idea from The Fray's cover of Heartless. She mixed it up to suit her voice but anyone that saw The Fray do it first on youtube would recognize the arrangement.

She has very subtle textures in her voice. Big instrumentals overpowered her soft voice. If she advances, I'd like to see her perform with less of the band.

Users who are viewing this thread