Tiger Fan

Happy Endings - new show on ABC with Elisha Cuthbert

127 posts in this topic

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587678/

An altar-bound couple break up on their wedding day, forcing their friends to choose which side to take after the split.

Watched the first 5 episodes, and it's a pretty funny show....just throwing it out there in case others are looking for a new show

She's back in all her glory in this show, they are dressing her right and the show is actually pretty good.

Hmmmm....I was hoping for something else when I read 'happy ending' and 'Elisha Cuthbert'

Hmmmm....I was hoping for something else when I read 'happy ending' and 'Elisha Cuthbert'

Turk: Great, now I've got a crick in my neck.Dr. Kelso: (clears his throat) We're gonna get a little graphic here, so you fellas might want to look the other way, or not, it's your choice.(J.D. looks away, then sees Turk looking)J.D.: Turk, why are you looking?Turk: It's my neck crick. I can't move.Dr. Kelso: Watch this, Turkelton. She calls it the "Shanghai Surprise".Turk: Oh, God. (he closes his eyes, but opens one and gasps)

Lots of airbrushing going on for her. In person she's pretty average, for Hollywood standards that is. I was sorely disappointed.

watched the last 4 episodes and thought they were very funny.

I'm digging this show, but the premise is a total throw away. The "left at the altar" angle was "left in the pilot". And for the record, that is fine.

"Her choice crunch is for everyone."

Show is a liiiiitttle too perfect/polished for me. How much dialogue can they fit into 10 seconds?

Damn, I wanted to like it too..to look at Elisha

hot

but why is this show making it and perfect couples didnt? A lot more hotness in PC.

I have no idea what I like about the show, but for some reason I do.

I'm pretty sure that, if it weren't for Cuthbert and the gay dude, it would be the worst show on TV.

I have no idea what I like about the show, but for some reason I do.I'm pretty sure that, if it weren't for Cuthbert and the gay dude, it would be the worst show on TV.

I watched the first two EPs. The black dude and the gay guy were pretty funny but overall it's not so hot.

Started catching up on this a few weeks back based on the recommendation of a trusted friend. Took a couple of episodes to get a feel for it, but I now guffaw pretty consistently at this show.

Pretty good show (not as good as Perfect Couples, which got canceled), but I'm pretty sure I saw a blurb that this show is canceled too.

Pretty good show (not as good as Perfect Couples, which got canceled), but I'm pretty sure I saw a blurb that this show is canceled too.

I can't find anything "official" on this, but a bunch of entertainment blogs are reporting that it was renewed on May 13th.

I can't find anything "official" on this, but a bunch of entertainment blogs are reporting that it was renewed on May 13th.
Hmmm... maybe I got it confused with a different show that I read was canceled. I hope so.

This. Hoping it does get renewed. Was bummed about Perfect Couples.

Certainly not the best comedy on TV right now, but it's always pretty solid.

Given how terrible this year's new network comedy's are, it's nice that this show's still going strong.

Edited by pollardsvision

Lots of airbrushing going on for her. In person she's pretty average, for Hollywood standards that is. I was sorely disappointed.

Who gives a ####? I say airbrush all you want!

I've been watching the show and find the cultural references a little disconcerting. The actors were all born in the early 80's but they're making jokes with Top Gun references and reminiscing about early 90's jam bands, i.e. cultural references from when they were 4 and 12 years old. It's like all the writers are 40+ and they're recycling jokes or scripts that once got rejected from Friends.

I love this show, just killing it.

Elisha Cuthbert is so hot

I love this show, just killing it.Elisha Cuthbert is so hot

Agree on both points. Damon Wayans Jr is really talented and shines every episode IMO.

Agree on both points. Damon Wayans Jr is really talented and shines every episode IMO.
Agree, I like really what all the characters bring for the most part

Latecomer to this show. Watching Season 2 now. It's great stuff. Sure, it's basically an updated version of Friends. But it's fun as hell. All the characters are likeable, the jokes are rapid-fire, and the pop culture references appeal to my nerdy side. My wife loves it too, one of the small number of TV shows we can agree on, which is nice.

Agree, I like really what all the characters bring for the most part
Great season. 3rd best sitcom on TV right now by my count (P&R, Modern Family). Though I don't count Louis as a sitcom.

I love this show, just killing it.

Elisha Cuthbert is so hot

I like it too - but I prefer Eliza Coupe
Not only smoking hot, but I think she's become my favorite character. I like what they've done with her. She's teetered on becoming a cartoon from time to time, and I wasn't a fan at first. But she's made it work very well.

The neurotic, controlling, OCD woman has been done so much in comedy that's nearly impossible to make it seem fresh, but I think she does. Don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but she's great.

Edited by pollardsvision

Great episode last night.

I do love the "Alex loves to stuff her face with meat" schtick.

Not only smoking hot, but I think she's become my favorite character. I like what they've done with her. She's teetered on becoming a cartoon from time to time, and I wasn't a fan at first. But she's made it work very well. The neurotic, controlling, OCD woman has been done so much in comedy that's nearly impossible to make it seem fresh, but I think she does. Don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but she's great.

I think it's clear that Eliza is the breakout star of that show (and her chemistry with Wayans is awesome). And I do think it's all her. She's genuinely funny, fearless, and sexy. Kind of the anti-Courtney Cox, who is not naturally any of those things (despite being attractive and game to make fun of herself).

This show has grown into one of my favorites... pretty sure it gets poor ratings and will be off the air in no time though.

I think Dave's exploration of his Native American roots at Thanksgiving was one of the funniest running gags I've seen.

Not only smoking hot, but I think she's become my favorite character. I like what they've done with her. She's teetered on becoming a cartoon from time to time, and I wasn't a fan at first. But she's made it work very well.

The neurotic, controlling, OCD woman has been done so much in comedy that's nearly impossible to make it seem fresh, but I think she does. Don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but she's great.

I think it's clear that Eliza is the breakout star of that show (and her chemistry with Wayans is awesome). And I do think it's all her. She's genuinely funny, fearless, and sexy. Kind of the anti-Courtney Cox, who is not naturally any of those things (despite being attractive and game to make fun of herself).
Very true. A reason I was hesitant about this show, at first, was that I really couldn't imagine enjoying a show featuring Damon Wayans Jr.

But pairing him up with Coupe works far better than I'd have ever imagined.

Still another great episode.

Edited by belljr

This show is starting to hit its stride. My only complain is the way they talk in abbrevs somtims.

Latecomer to this show. Watching Season 2 now. It's great stuff. Sure, it's basically an updated version of Friends. But it's fun as hell. All the characters are likeable, the jokes are rapid-fire, and the pop culture references appeal to my nerdy side. My wife loves it too, one of the small number of TV shows we can agree on, which is nice.

Agreed. This is one of the few shows that my wife and I both enjoy watching. One of the better comedies on network TV.

This show has grown into one of my favorites... pretty sure it gets poor ratings and will be off the air in no time though.

I know that's always a risk with this show, but that would really stink.Speaking of Courtney Cox, I wonder if TBS would consider buying Happy Endings too. Happy Endings is about a millions times better than Cougar Town, but Cougar Town, I think, got far better ratings. TBS could have a pretty solid comedy hour.

I think this show has tanked this year. Started off as one of my favourites but really they are all just a bunch of whiny idiots now...there is the odd funny moment still but blech...