What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Happy Endings - new show on ABC with Elisha Cuthbert (1 Viewer)

Hmmmm....I was hoping for something else when I read 'happy ending' and 'Elisha Cuthbert'
Turk: Great, now I've got a crick in my neck.Dr. Kelso: (clears his throat) We're gonna get a little graphic here, so you fellas might want to look the other way, or not, it's your choice.(J.D. looks away, then sees Turk looking)J.D.: Turk, why are you looking?Turk: It's my neck crick. I can't move.Dr. Kelso: Watch this, Turkelton. She calls it the "Shanghai Surprise".Turk: Oh, God. (he closes his eyes, but opens one and gasps)

Lots of airbrushing going on for her. In person she's pretty average, for Hollywood standards that is. I was sorely disappointed.

I'm digging this show, but the premise is a total throw away. The "left at the altar" angle was "left in the pilot". And for the record, that is fine.

"Her choice crunch is for everyone."

Show is a liiiiitttle too perfect/polished for me. How much dialogue can they fit into 10 seconds?

Damn, I wanted to like it too..to look at Elisha

I have no idea what I like about the show, but for some reason I do.

I'm pretty sure that, if it weren't for Cuthbert and the gay dude, it would be the worst show on TV.

I have no idea what I like about the show, but for some reason I do.I'm pretty sure that, if it weren't for Cuthbert and the gay dude, it would be the worst show on TV.
I watched the first two EPs. The black dude and the gay guy were pretty funny but overall it's not so hot.

Started catching up on this a few weeks back based on the recommendation of a trusted friend. Took a couple of episodes to get a feel for it, but I now guffaw pretty consistently at this show.

Pretty good show (not as good as Perfect Couples, which got canceled), but I'm pretty sure I saw a blurb that this show is canceled too.

Pretty good show (not as good as Perfect Couples, which got canceled), but I'm pretty sure I saw a blurb that this show is canceled too.
I can't find anything "official" on this, but a bunch of entertainment blogs are reporting that it was renewed on May 13th.

Certainly not the best comedy on TV right now, but it's always pretty solid.

Given how terrible this year's new network comedy's are, it's nice that this show's still going strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching the show and find the cultural references a little disconcerting. The actors were all born in the early 80's but they're making jokes with Top Gun references and reminiscing about early 90's jam bands, i.e. cultural references from when they were 4 and 12 years old. It's like all the writers are 40+ and they're recycling jokes or scripts that once got rejected from Friends.

Latecomer to this show. Watching Season 2 now. It's great stuff. Sure, it's basically an updated version of Friends. But it's fun as hell. All the characters are likeable, the jokes are rapid-fire, and the pop culture references appeal to my nerdy side. My wife loves it too, one of the small number of TV shows we can agree on, which is nice.

I love this show, just killing it.

Elisha Cuthbert is so hot
I like it too - but I prefer Eliza Coupe
Not only smoking hot, but I think she's become my favorite character. I like what they've done with her. She's teetered on becoming a cartoon from time to time, and I wasn't a fan at first. But she's made it work very well. The neurotic, controlling, OCD woman has been done so much in comedy that's nearly impossible to make it seem fresh, but I think she does. Don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but she's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only smoking hot, but I think she's become my favorite character. I like what they've done with her. She's teetered on becoming a cartoon from time to time, and I wasn't a fan at first. But she's made it work very well. The neurotic, controlling, OCD woman has been done so much in comedy that's nearly impossible to make it seem fresh, but I think she does. Don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but she's great.
I think it's clear that Eliza is the breakout star of that show (and her chemistry with Wayans is awesome). And I do think it's all her. She's genuinely funny, fearless, and sexy. Kind of the anti-Courtney Cox, who is not naturally any of those things (despite being attractive and game to make fun of herself).

This show has grown into one of my favorites... pretty sure it gets poor ratings and will be off the air in no time though.

Not only smoking hot, but I think she's become my favorite character. I like what they've done with her. She's teetered on becoming a cartoon from time to time, and I wasn't a fan at first. But she's made it work very well.

The neurotic, controlling, OCD woman has been done so much in comedy that's nearly impossible to make it seem fresh, but I think she does. Don't know if it's the actress or the writing, but she's great.
I think it's clear that Eliza is the breakout star of that show (and her chemistry with Wayans is awesome). And I do think it's all her. She's genuinely funny, fearless, and sexy. Kind of the anti-Courtney Cox, who is not naturally any of those things (despite being attractive and game to make fun of herself).
Very true. A reason I was hesitant about this show, at first, was that I really couldn't imagine enjoying a show featuring Damon Wayans Jr. But pairing him up with Coupe works far better than I'd have ever imagined.

This show is starting to hit its stride. My only complain is the way they talk in abbrevs somtims.

Latecomer to this show. Watching Season 2 now. It's great stuff. Sure, it's basically an updated version of Friends. But it's fun as hell. All the characters are likeable, the jokes are rapid-fire, and the pop culture references appeal to my nerdy side. My wife loves it too, one of the small number of TV shows we can agree on, which is nice.
Agreed. This is one of the few shows that my wife and I both enjoy watching. One of the better comedies on network TV.

This show has grown into one of my favorites... pretty sure it gets poor ratings and will be off the air in no time though.
I know that's always a risk with this show, but that would really stink.Speaking of Courtney Cox, I wonder if TBS would consider buying Happy Endings too. Happy Endings is about a millions times better than Cougar Town, but Cougar Town, I think, got far better ratings. TBS could have a pretty solid comedy hour.

I think this show has tanked this year. Started off as one of my favourites but really they are all just a bunch of whiny idiots now...there is the odd funny moment still but blech...

Andy Greenwald of Grantland.com ranks Happy Endings #2 on his year-end list.

I'm still working my way though the second season. "That place is harder to get into than Obvious Joke Here, that new comedy club downtown" may be one of my favorite sitcom lines ever.

I watch it sporadically, but the episode where the gay (?) guy was traumatized by a handshake take back was absolutely hilarious. "Your hand's a turkey bro." :lmao: :lmao:

I watch it sporadically, but the episode where the gay (?) guy was traumatized by a handshake take back was absolutely hilarious. "Your hand's a turkey bro." :lmao: :lmao:
I've been destroying my 5 year old daughter with "slap it low/too slow"

Burning off new episodes on Sundays now, starting this week. Looks like this season will be it for the show. Not surprising as it wasn't expected to be renewed for this year but it still stinks.

I love this show, just killing it.

Elisha Cuthbert is so hot
I like it too - but I prefer Eliza Coupe
She played a somewhat similar character in Scrubs. Big fan of this show and not really talked about.

Its possible that a certain adult actress recently was madeover and looks almost exactly like Cuthbert with slightly darker hair.

Users who are viewing this thread