What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL1 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Reaper

Footballguy
And we're off......

If anyone needs, For the overnight, I'm in at 8am est every midweek morning and can take PM's all work day.

The weekends, not as much.

Vick and Findlay to start, I guess I am swinging for the fences here. IF they both stay health, I should have the top scoring QB & TE in the league.

Considering the QB demand of the top 6 QB's, it looks to me like the sweet spot of the draft is where you can nab a top RB and still get your top 6 QB in round 2 and then follow along with the deep WR tier thru round 3.

As long as MJD is still a top tier RB the team I'm looking at is Dpease..

1) MJD

2) Tom Brady

3) Dwayne Bowe

Nice!

He got a WR in round 3 that has gone in at the top of that tier.

Wanted Ben here, but will settle for a pair of reaches:3.16: Josh Freeman4.01: Mark Ingram
Sweet turnaround... Two guys I wanted this round - I even thought Bloom might take Ingram on his last pick if it wasn't for the bye issue.Freeman climbing the charts, rightfully so.

Wanted Ben here, but will settle for a pair of reaches:3.16: Josh Freeman4.01: Mark Ingram
Sweet turnaround... Two guys I wanted this round - I even thought Bloom might take Ingram on his last pick if it wasn't for the bye issue.Freeman climbing the charts, rightfully so.
yeah ingram is going to end up being a steal, even in the late 3rd. sigh

brutal QB/TE run in the second. I don't think I have ever started RB/RB before...
Me either. I thought about QB in the second, but anyone left would have been a big reach and then you (I think ) snapped up Romo before my 3rd round pick. Just no value to be had.I debated long and hard (that's what she said) between Hillis and Dallas Clark in the 2nd, thought Clark was more likely to drop to 3.5, then he went off the board with the very next pick.

'Evilgrin 72 said:
'Sigmund Bloom said:
brutal QB/TE run in the second. I don't think I have ever started RB/RB before...
Me either. I thought about QB in the second, but anyone left would have been a big reach and then you (I think ) snapped up Romo before my 3rd round pick. Just no value to be had.I debated long and hard (that's what she said) between Hillis and Dallas Clark in the 2nd, thought Clark was more likely to drop to 3.5, then he went off the board with the very next pick.
I was going to wait a round for TE, but the drop off in QB and RB at that point for a safe top tier pick passed, so I went with Clark who appears to be healthy, reported to be rehabbing well, and talking about informal player workouts if the lockout continues. Aside from Wayne, none of the talented WR on the colts have earned Manning's trust yet. I think he stays on pace with his traditional production. Only 29 but his concussion history and the league's safety focus has me somewhat concerned.I was thinking Hillis as well, so you took care of that for me.RB is the tough spot to pick this year.

5.6 - Matt Cassel, QB, KCCan't believe I'm doing this, this QB run is insane. Multiple teams with 2 QBs by the 5th round - I can't wait anymore.
Yeah... Just call me Scared ####less...I did a WSL and a PDSL and wound up with Carson Palmer and David Garrard as my QB2's.... :angry: Maybe they both wind up decent but, they give me indigestion right now.I went into this thing hoping for a top 6 QB in round 2 or I knew I'd be picking 2 QB's at 4/5.It was tough given all the players still available!!!!

5.6 - Matt Cassel, QB, KCCan't believe I'm doing this, this QB run is insane. Multiple teams with 2 QBs by the 5th round - I can't wait anymore.
Yeah... Just call me Scared ####less...I did a WSL and a PDSL and wound up with Carson Palmer and David Garrard as my QB2's.... :angry: Maybe they both wind up decent but, they give me indigestion right now.I went into this thing hoping for a top 6 QB in round 2 or I knew I'd be picking 2 QB's at 4/5.It was tough given all the players still available!!!!
You guys are just trying to create mass QB hysteria and get all the peeps to join you on a QB craze so more skilled positions fall back to you. Won't work.

QB Rivers

RB McCoy, Matthews

WR S.Johnson, P Harvin

I feel like I got away with somethign snagging Harvin in the 5th. I gave a short list to EG with my last pick with two players on it. It was S.Johnson and HARVIN. Are you kidding? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are just trying to create mass QB hysteria and get all the peeps to join you on a QB craze so more skilled positions fall back to you. Won't work.
I'd say the same thing If I were sittin' on Rivers.... ;)Maybe if I were at the other end of the draft but, it's a long way back to me.

QB RiversRB McCoy, MatthewsWR S.Johnson, P HarvinI feel like I got away with somethign snagging Harvin in the 5th. I gave a short list to EG with my last pick with two players on it. It was S.Johnson and HARVIN. Are you kidding? :lmao:
not trying to rain on a parade but I think you might be a little too stoked to have that as your top 2 WR......I don't see it as anything real special......possible one hit wonder and the potential captain of the GTD team with migraines.......go ahead and break your arm patting yourself on the back, but it ain't all that......

Please fix the formatting for 5.10 RC94 - Sidney Rice, MIN, WR25 in the draft thread. It looks like he is a TE instead of a WR.

QB RiversRB McCoy, MatthewsWR S.Johnson, P HarvinI feel like I got away with somethign snagging Harvin in the 5th. I gave a short list to EG with my last pick with two players on it. It was S.Johnson and HARVIN. Are you kidding? :lmao:
not trying to rain on a parade but I think you might be a little too stoked to have that as your top 2 WR......I don't see it as anything real special......possible one hit wonder and the potential captain of the GTD team with migraines.......go ahead and break your arm patting yourself on the back, but it ain't all that......
ok, guy

'Fullback Fro said:
ok, guy
was just trying to generate some discusion.... :shrug: ...you were quote "lmao" and throwing out an "are you kidding me" like some King Kong moment....just sayin the Stevie/Percy combo ain't gonna really scare anybody and some people might have been gladd to see you take them.....no big deal...

Rolled the dice around that bend. Liked Keller and Ryan Williams, let RW slide - One of those decisions that you think about for a while after you make the pick...

And of course Ryan Williams gets snagged... And I take Ryan Grant who I didn't even like last year when it was his show...

Wasn't sure exactly where to rank RW but, had 2 teams on the bend with 2 Backs already....

In other words, Damn you Fiddles :rant:

5.13 Pictus Cat - Deangelo Williams, CAR, RB24:jawdrop:Did he catch ball cancer?
Not saying it's not good value and if he hits UFA it's looking like the SOD. But if he gets stuck back in Carolina, which to me is looking more and more likely at this point, he's looking at a RBBC with a raw TD stealing rookie QB and probably no Steve Smith to help out the passing attack. Cam under center throwing to Gettis and Lafell while you split carries with Stewart and to some degree maybe Goodson is not very attractive.

QB- Peyton Manning

RB- Mcfadden, Lynch

WR- Mike Williams(TB), Dez, Britt

TE-Moeaki

Like this team but really missed out on the TE's. Originally hoped to get Graham in the 5th. Plan B was to get Cook or Gresham in the 7th and than come back around in the 8th and take the other one if they were available and if not target one of the NE TE's. In every draft I've been up to this point this was possible but not here. Missing out on Cook by two spots hurt.

Other than that I like the team a good deal but I do have the all knucklehead WR group.

I'll throw my squad out for some scribal dart throwing.

QB - Eli Manning, Kyle Orton

RB - Shonn Greene

WR - Andre Johnson, DeSean Jackson,

TE - Dallas Clark, Marcedes Lewis

K -

D -

There is so much uncertainty in QB this year that cannot help but affect WR as well, that I felt it important to get two quality starters (both week 11 byes :bag: ) at WR. I played it safe and can't complain at all about these two. Yes, they will carry my RB deficit, but this year has so much RBBC and questions about free agents deciding to come, stay, lay, or pray (Fast times at Ridgemont High quote) that I decided that it would be better to invest in WR/TE.

Eli is underrated and if Bradshaw stays there, and Boss gets back into the game, he should have plenty of weapons. He is an every game player, stays healthy and is prepared every game. Had Nicks and Smith stayed healthy last year, he would have been near to tier 1. Kyle Orton is a steal if he goes to Ari or Min. Miami, not so much, or Sea. Staying in Denver is the fear due to the Tebow investment the Broncos made. He seems to be on the block, so there is the question of bye week conflict.

TE in this league is high value and Clark is inarguably a top three when healthy. His history of concussions and broken wrist last season are troublesome, but by all reports, he is ready to play at this time. Lewis is underrated as well, and should be a top receiving target for Garrard or Blaine. Hopefully, the QB situation in Jax won't become divisive to the team.

RB, playing the odds here. Shonn Greene should emerge this year. He seems to have Ryan's support, has been named the bell cow, and LT remains but is comfortable being relegated to a 3rd down back. Not a huge PPR play, but should be steady production.

I goofed a bit on the week 11 challenge but if I can get there, that is pretty decent in ssl 1. Hopefully, I will find enough value in the later rounds to creep past then to stay competitive all season.

I'll throw my squad out for some scribal dart throwing.QB - Eli Manning, Kyle Orton RB - Shonn GreeneWR - Andre Johnson, DeSean Jackson, TE - Dallas Clark, Marcedes LewisK -D -There is so much uncertainty in QB this year that cannot help but affect WR as well, that I felt it important to get two quality starters (both week 11 byes :bag: ) at WR. I played it safe and can't complain at all about these two. Yes, they will carry my RB deficit, but this year has so much RBBC and questions about free agents deciding to come, stay, lay, or pray (Fast times at Ridgemont High quote) that I decided that it would be better to invest in WR/TE.Eli is underrated and if Bradshaw stays there, and Boss gets back into the game, he should have plenty of weapons. He is an every game player, stays healthy and is prepared every game. Had Nicks and Smith stayed healthy last year, he would have been near to tier 1. Kyle Orton is a steal if he goes to Ari or Min. Miami, not so much, or Sea. Staying in Denver is the fear due to the Tebow investment the Broncos made. He seems to be on the block, so there is the question of bye week conflict.TE in this league is high value and Clark is inarguably a top three when healthy. His history of concussions and broken wrist last season are troublesome, but by all reports, he is ready to play at this time. Lewis is underrated as well, and should be a top receiving target for Garrard or Blaine. Hopefully, the QB situation in Jax won't become divisive to the team.RB, playing the odds here. Shonn Greene should emerge this year. He seems to have Ryan's support, has been named the bell cow, and LT remains but is comfortable being relegated to a 3rd down back. Not a huge PPR play, but should be steady production.I goofed a bit on the week 11 challenge but if I can get there, that is pretty decent in ssl 1. Hopefully, I will find enough value in the later rounds to creep past then to stay competitive all season.
nice team. would've grabbed RB2 instead of Orton

Drafting from the 16 hole offers some challenges and I feel like I am missing out on runs and reaching for most picks. Rip away.

QB: Josh Freeman, David Garrard, Jason Campbell

Freeman and Campbell share a bye. In a year with so many QB situations up in the air, I wanted three starters. I do not believe Gabbert is a threat to start unless Garrard is hurt so I see garrard offering value. Plus, I like MJD's support of Garrard and expect him to hold the job unless injury.

RB: Mark Ingram, Felix Jones

I like both, but the position is lacking.

WR: Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald

Two stars at the first turn and neglected since while playing catch up at the other positions.

TE: Chris Cooley

Middle of the road TE1.

I'll throw my squad out for some scribal dart throwing.QB - Eli Manning, Kyle Orton RB - Shonn GreeneWR - Andre Johnson, DeSean Jackson, TE - Dallas Clark, Marcedes LewisK -D -There is so much uncertainty in QB this year that cannot help but affect WR as well, that I felt it important to get two quality starters (both week 11 byes :bag: ) at WR. I played it safe and can't complain at all about these two. Yes, they will carry my RB deficit, but this year has so much RBBC and questions about free agents deciding to come, stay, lay, or pray (Fast times at Ridgemont High quote) that I decided that it would be better to invest in WR/TE.Eli is underrated and if Bradshaw stays there, and Boss gets back into the game, he should have plenty of weapons. He is an every game player, stays healthy and is prepared every game. Had Nicks and Smith stayed healthy last year, he would have been near to tier 1. Kyle Orton is a steal if he goes to Ari or Min. Miami, not so much, or Sea. Staying in Denver is the fear due to the Tebow investment the Broncos made. He seems to be on the block, so there is the question of bye week conflict.TE in this league is high value and Clark is inarguably a top three when healthy. His history of concussions and broken wrist last season are troublesome, but by all reports, he is ready to play at this time. Lewis is underrated as well, and should be a top receiving target for Garrard or Blaine. Hopefully, the QB situation in Jax won't become divisive to the team.RB, playing the odds here. Shonn Greene should emerge this year. He seems to have Ryan's support, has been named the bell cow, and LT remains but is comfortable being relegated to a 3rd down back. Not a huge PPR play, but should be steady production.I goofed a bit on the week 11 challenge but if I can get there, that is pretty decent in ssl 1. Hopefully, I will find enough value in the later rounds to creep past then to stay competitive all season.
nice team. would've grabbed RB2 instead of Orton
Yea I agree and also think the Lewis pick would have been better served going RB. Greene's a weak PPR RB1 and I think going to have a lot of inconsistency week to week.Still think it's a nice team but had you spent the Orton and Lewis picks on RB's I think the team would have been better and maybe rated as the best team so far.

Drafting from the 16 hole offers some challenges and I feel like I am missing out on runs and reaching for most picks. Rip away.QB: Josh Freeman, David Garrard, Jason CampbellFreeman and Campbell share a bye. In a year with so many QB situations up in the air, I wanted three starters. I do not believe Gabbert is a threat to start unless Garrard is hurt so I see garrard offering value. Plus, I like MJD's support of Garrard and expect him to hold the job unless injury.RB: Mark Ingram, Felix JonesI like both, but the position is lacking.WR: Hakeem Nicks, Larry FitzgeraldTwo stars at the first turn and neglected since while playing catch up at the other positions.TE: Chris CooleyMiddle of the road TE1.
3 QBs in the first 8 picks and only one of them assured of being a starter by the end of the season is pretty brutal with only 18 roster spots. Garrard is prone to horrible games and if he strings 2 or 3 in a row, the calls for Gabbert will be too much for JDR to resist. I think Ingram will be a steal where you got him, but you took Jones pretty much at his pre-draft ADP which makes little sense considering the addition of Murray.Can't argue with Nicks or Fitz or the willingness to neglect the position until the later reaches of the draft because you landed themCooley looked like a player on the decline last year, would have preferred a lot of other TEs there.I think a Gates/Peyton start would have really put you way ahead of the pack because you could just alternatively harvest WR/RB value as it fell to the turns depending on what runs had happened between your picks

QB- Peyton ManningRB- Mcfadden, LynchWR- Mike Williams(TB), Dez, BrittTE-MoeakiLike this team but really missed out on the TE's. Originally hoped to get Graham in the 5th. Plan B was to get Cook or Gresham in the 7th and than come back around in the 8th and take the other one if they were available and if not target one of the NE TE's. In every draft I've been up to this point this was possible but not here. Missing out on Cook by two spots hurt.Other than that I like the team a good deal but I do have the all knucklehead WR group.
TE could be an achilles heel and you have some risk at RB1 (injury) and all 3 WRs (knucklehead, injury) - of course, you could also have 3 #1 WRs. Should be interesting to see how you mitigate risk and attempt to bolster TE with the limited roster spots.

Orton should have a different bye and if you are going to go lean at one position in this draft, RB is the one - seems to be devaluedLewis is a bit of headscratcher, will barely score for your team with Clark in towAgree that RB picks might have served you better, but plenty of time to do something about that

We should probably start a new thread for the last 8 rounds. You can only fit so much in the original post.

Thought I would dissect another team since feedback is part of the fun.

Reaper and I have had some good back and forth, so I'll tear into his.

QB - Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler

RB - Ray Rice, Ryan Grant, CJ Spiller

WR - Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson,

TE - Dustin Keller

K -

D -

OK, this is with all respect and meant to be constructive.

QB - Flacco has a lot of tools to work with, but never seems to put up the stellar performance. Heap has got to be feeling the years with all the hits he takes (a warrior of a player) but there were two talented receiving TE drafted last year. TJ will be gone. I don't know, he is a QB1/2. Won't win or lose weeks and he has been healthy. Cutler, I know he is talented and he started to really get into a flow with his receivers last year, but I don't have a good sense of the guy. I think these two will switch off who is producing week to week and make a fine tandem. The Detroit D has got to be a bit scary to face for Cutler though.

RB - Rice is fantastic and I think he will get more play this year. Nothing bad to say about this. I was going to have to make a decision between him and Andre Johnson if he fell. Grant and Spiller, not excited about these guys in these offenses. Definitely better than what I have after RB1 though.

WR - Both awesome picks. I was hoping to get VJ instead of Desean, just because of durability issues with Desean. VJ will perform as an elite WR if he stays with the Chargers. Jennings should get more action more regularly.

TE - Keller was awesome for the first few games, then disappeared. I don't know that I trust Sanchez to make use of him. Maybe if Holmes is gone via FA. Keller makes me think of Cooley in his heyday. Like the player, not the opportunity.

Reaper will probably crush me, and be middle of the road. That can be good enough or lead to despair the way this league goes. Would have liked to have seen a more productive TE on the roster.

Thought I would dissect another team since feedback is part of the fun.Reaper and I have had some good back and forth, so I'll tear into his.QB - Joe Flacco, Jay CutlerRB - Ray Rice, Ryan Grant, CJ SpillerWR - Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson,TE - Dustin KellerK -D -OK, this is with all respect and meant to be constructive.QB - Flacco has a lot of tools to work with, but never seems to put up the stellar performance. Heap has got to be feeling the years with all the hits he takes (a warrior of a player) but there were two talented receiving TE drafted last year. TJ will be gone. I don't know, he is a QB1/2. Won't win or lose weeks and he has been healthy. Cutler, I know he is talented and he started to really get into a flow with his receivers last year, but I don't have a good sense of the guy. I think these two will switch off who is producing week to week and make a fine tandem. The Detroit D has got to be a bit scary to face for Cutler though.RB - Rice is fantastic and I think he will get more play this year. Nothing bad to say about this. I was going to have to make a decision between him and Andre Johnson if he fell. Grant and Spiller, not excited about these guys in these offenses. Definitely better than what I have after RB1 though. WR - Both awesome picks. I was hoping to get VJ instead of Desean, just because of durability issues with Desean. VJ will perform as an elite WR if he stays with the Chargers. Jennings should get more action more regularly.TE - Keller was awesome for the first few games, then disappeared. I don't know that I trust Sanchez to make use of him. Maybe if Holmes is gone via FA. Keller makes me think of Cooley in his heyday. Like the player, not the opportunity.Reaper will probably crush me, and be middle of the road. That can be good enough or lead to despair the way this league goes. Would have liked to have seen a more productive TE on the roster.
Good Stuff....QB - I think Both Flacco and Cutler had transition years last year and are both going to be looked at to take on bigger roles... Flacco struggled out of the gate and then put up some real nice weeks most of the rest of the way.These were the SSL league 11 and 12 scoring QB's last year - Combined they were at the top of the league scoring.Where we both picked, we didn't have a shot at the top tier QB's so, I pretty much decided I was going to pay a lot at 4/5 and get a tandem that I thought would put me near the elite QB tier when it's all said and done.... Looking at the draft I wouldn't have been real happy with what I could have drafted after this... Again, I wound up with Garrard and Palmer in my other drafts and I still would have had to use a 7th round pick just to get one of them.As for Keller... I'm still looking at the Jets not having one of their top WR"s and Keller out in California last week working with Sanchez and having the longest bond with Sanchez out of the 3.......I'll say this as well, these drafts make you think of a lot of players and I'll say it here since it spooked me last night but, the Jets brass raved last year how Santonio Holmes was the best player on the field...From here on out I'm bumping Holmes... If he goes to another team, it will probably be a better situation stat wise for him...WHAT IF HE GOES TO NEW ENGLAND :shock: I thought of that last night and it scared the #### out of me.New England didn't draft a WR and just might be looking at a FA - how much would that chap Rex and the Jets if they had to face Holmes. WOW, it would be crushing.I'm all in right now for the Jets saying see ya to Cromartie and signing Holmes and Edwards instead.

Thought I would dissect another team since feedback is part of the fun.Reaper and I have had some good back and forth, so I'll tear into his.QB - Joe Flacco, Jay CutlerRB - Ray Rice, Ryan Grant, CJ SpillerWR - Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson,TE - Dustin KellerK -D -OK, this is with all respect and meant to be constructive.QB - Flacco has a lot of tools to work with, but never seems to put up the stellar performance. Heap has got to be feeling the years with all the hits he takes (a warrior of a player) but there were two talented receiving TE drafted last year. TJ will be gone. I don't know, he is a QB1/2. Won't win or lose weeks and he has been healthy. Cutler, I know he is talented and he started to really get into a flow with his receivers last year, but I don't have a good sense of the guy. I think these two will switch off who is producing week to week and make a fine tandem. The Detroit D has got to be a bit scary to face for Cutler though.RB - Rice is fantastic and I think he will get more play this year. Nothing bad to say about this. I was going to have to make a decision between him and Andre Johnson if he fell. Grant and Spiller, not excited about these guys in these offenses. Definitely better than what I have after RB1 though. WR - Both awesome picks. I was hoping to get VJ instead of Desean, just because of durability issues with Desean. VJ will perform as an elite WR if he stays with the Chargers. Jennings should get more action more regularly.TE - Keller was awesome for the first few games, then disappeared. I don't know that I trust Sanchez to make use of him. Maybe if Holmes is gone via FA. Keller makes me think of Cooley in his heyday. Like the player, not the opportunity.Reaper will probably crush me, and be middle of the road. That can be good enough or lead to despair the way this league goes. Would have liked to have seen a more productive TE on the roster.
Good Stuff....QB - I think Both Flacco and Cutler had transition years last year and are both going to be looked at to take on bigger roles... Flacco struggled out of the gate and then put up some real nice weeks most of the rest of the way.These were the SSL league 11 and 12 scoring QB's last year - Combined they were at the top of the league scoring.Where we both picked, we didn't have a shot at the top tier QB's so, I pretty much decided I was going to pay a lot at 4/5 and get a tandem that I thought would put me near the elite QB tier when it's all said and done.... Looking at the draft I wouldn't have been real happy with what I could have drafted after this... Again, I wound up with Garrard and Palmer in my other drafts and I still would have had to use a 7th round pick just to get one of them.As for Keller... I'm still looking at the Jets not having one of their top WR"s and Keller out in California last week working with Sanchez and having the longest bond with Sanchez out of the 3.......I'll say this as well, these drafts make you think of a lot of players and I'll say it here since it spooked me last night but, the Jets brass raved last year how Santonio Holmes was the best player on the field...From here on out I'm bumping Holmes... If he goes to another team, it will probably be a better situation stat wise for him...WHAT IF HE GOES TO NEW ENGLAND :shock: I thought of that last night and it scared the #### out of me.New England didn't draft a WR and just might be looking at a FA - how much would that chap Rex and the Jets if they had to face Holmes. WOW, it would be crushing.I'm all in right now for the Jets saying see ya to Cromartie and signing Holmes and Edwards instead.
Getting strong word that Holmes will be re-signed in New York. He is undervalued regardless of where he ends up, but yeah, could be severely undervalued depending on landing spot.

QB: Romo

Just can't bring myself to overpay for a backup QB. We'll see if it burns me. Pleased to get one of the top 7 QBs at the 2/3 turn, knew the quality would drop signficantly by the 4/5 turn

RB: Foster, Turner

Two money in the bank guys, can't complain about Turner at #31 - allowed me to wait to address my depth

WR: Collie, Green, Ford, Edwards

Wow I feel like I got away with one here. Collie will be a WR1, concussion risk could strike him down at any time, but hopefully he at least anchors this group until Green really hits his stride. Green is pure boom/bust pick, but at 7.2 I feel free I can tolerate that. Somehow, someway, WR got seriously neglected in the 7th and 8th rounds and I got 2 of my next top 5 WRs after Green in Ford, who should give me 5-7 top 10 weeks with his big plays, and Edwards who should do the same. This went just about ideally considering the corner I had painted myself into.

TE: Graham, Hernandez

The strong point of my team by far - I think I can get top 3-5 scoring from this duo, if not #1. Both are guys who have the ability to put up the #1 scoring week at TE in any given because of the terrific pass offenses they play in. Hernandez was the last of the potential top 10 TEs and I was thrilled that him falling to me was preceded by a TE run because that created the squeeze to push the next group off the board since everyone felt urgency to get their #2 TE. Everyone was very patient about TEs in the WSL and PDSL, this one finally went the way I think these should with the 2 PPR TE premium. Hoping this duo can carry me through any down weeks from other positions.

QB: Rodgers-McNabb

I got one of the best and an okay backup. Just for injury as I dont expect to use Mcnabb often but in the late 7th it is not bad

RB: Addai-Beanie-LT-D. Murray-Carter

As usual. These suck but I think tons of RB's out there to be had to help the cause. Almost wonder if Beanie drops(doubt it) if I take Leshoure. Now feeling better as last 2 should be PPR guys and LT for TD's also. Not bad overall as I hope to have the Indy RB no matter what and one of the other ones to give me a decent score

WR: Colston-Holmes-Crabtree-Breaston-Henderson

I am liking this trio. Colston will have up and down games but that is okay. I will get some high reward guys later. Holmes will probably end up back in Jets and I like him alot. I expect Crabtree to improve in year 3. Very happy with this. Breaston should start and Arizona is bringing in a QB to help the cause

TE: Gates-Carlson

I got a stud. Would have rather Finley but could not go GB-GB. Got a nice backup for him also that is young. Love this duo

D- Pittsburgh-TB. Best in the land. Almost went Baltimore in 12th but snagged in front of me. All in all worked out fine taken them early. Tampa adds a nice mix to Pitt.

PK Feeley-Forbath. My weakest area but it is only PK and the least important position in league

Hoping my great QB, WR, TE and D cores can lead me far into this

QB: Rodgers-McNabbI got one of the best and an okay backup. Just for injury as I dont expect to use Mcnabb often but in the late 7th it is not badRB: Addai-BeanieAs usual. These suck but I think tons of RB's out there to be had to help the cause. Almost wonder if Beanie drops(doubt it) if I take Leshoure. WR: Colston-Holmes-CrabtreeI am liking this trio. Colston will have up and down games but that is okay. I will get some high reward guys later. Holmes will probably end up back in Jets and I like him alot. I expect Crabtree to improve in year 3. Very happy with thisTE: GatesI got a stud. Would have rather Finley but could not go GB-GB
Rodgers Gates is a smashing start, dare I say ideal, but I think you missed a big opportunity by going Colston over Ingram. Too bad you missed DeAngelo by one pick, would have been huge. Crabtree is a fine pick instead, although would have liked him better as WR2 with Holmes as WR1 and Ingram as RB1. You could be in big trouble at RB. If the last two years are any indication, you're likely to have weeks where your #3 and #4 are scoring for you. If SF QB play comes around and makes Crabtree a breakout WR, you should be able to get by with those WRs, but you need to hit on at least one late RB pick.

QB - Vick (7), Stafford (9)

Wanted Calvin in the first, went the pick before me. Couldn't pass up the potential of Vick, but with added injury risk felt obligated to take another QB earlier than normal. Stafford, if he can stay health, should be top 10. If I had gotten any of the other top 6 QB's, would have waited much longer for a back up. Considered Deangelo Williams in the fifth, but didn't think Stafford would make it back to me in the 6th.

RB - Bradshaw (7), Benson (7), LeShoure (9)

Waited until the 4th before taking the first,so this isn't to bad considering (other than shared bye by the first 2, didn't check that until after I had picked :doh: ). Will need some more to fall to me later, but not total punting on the position.

WR - Marshall (5), BMWilliams (6)

Marshall should be fine, as long as Miami gets a better QB to throw him the ball. Williams hopefully progresses from his first good season. Still need several more to shore up this position, but that is what happens when you go QB,TE to start and then take another QB in the 5th.

TE - Findley (8)

Should be top 2-3, as long as he stays off the IR.

Usually don't take so many risky picks, we will see how it pays off...

I don't like this team very much.

S Bradford, T Tebow

A Peterson, T Choice, D Woodhead

M Wallace, W Welker, Ochocinco

B Celek

:X

I don't like this team very much. S Bradford, T TebowA Peterson, T Choice, D WoodheadM Wallace, W Welker, OchocincoB Celek:X
you got caught on the wrong side of the TE run and the RBs and the draft seems to have diffused late round RB value, making it hard to feel good about Woodhead/Choice. I think the RBs are going to stretch out into a long plateau for the next 4-5 rounds. Another TE pick probably would have served you better... Bradford/Tebow could be outstanding if Orton is traded, and you'll need it to be to make up the gap at TE

1.13 Pictus Cat - Steven Jackson, STL, RB9 Considered what was left of the WRs here, but I really like SJax

2.04 Pictus Cat - Frank Gore, SFF, RB11 Gore in the second seemed an value I couldn't pass up on. Who cares if he has two backups now. SF's recieving have to accounted for and he gets the carries.

3.13 Pictus Cat - Jeremy Maclin, PHI, WR16 Flip a coin for who is Philly's fantasy #1

4.04 Pictus Cat - Matt Schaub, HOU, QB11 I think he belongs in the bottom of his tier. The offense is clickin'

5.13 Pictus Cat - Deangelo Williams, CAR, RB24 Has performed in RBBC well in the past

6.04 Pictus Cat - Tony Gonzalez, ATL, TE11 New weapons in Atlanta could provide some more ops

7.13 Pictus Cat - Carson Palmer, ???, QB24 Seems to have some upside...

8.04 Pictus Cat - Mike Thomas, JAX, WR36 Hopefully he can help me catch up after violating the lack of 3 wrs in the first three rounds for SLs

9.13 Pictus Cat - Derrick Mason, BAL, WR47

10.04 Pictus Cat - Andy Dalton, CIN, QB32

11.13 Pictus Cat - New England Patriots, DST6

12.04 Pictus Cat - Chicago Bears, DST8

13.13 Pictus Cat - Donald Driver, GBP, WR66

14.04 Pictus Cat - Kevin Walter, HOU, WR68

Schaub (11)

Palmer (?)

Dalton (7)

S. Jackson (5)

Gore (7)

D. Williams (9)

Maclin (7)

M. Thomas (9)

Mason (5)

Donald Driver (8)

Kevin Walter (11)

Gonzo (6)

Patriots (7)

Bears (8)

QB: Rodgers-McNabbI got one of the best and an okay backup. Just for injury as I dont expect to use Mcnabb often but in the late 7th it is not badRB: Addai-BeanieAs usual. These suck but I think tons of RB's out there to be had to help the cause. Almost wonder if Beanie drops(doubt it) if I take Leshoure. WR: Colston-Holmes-CrabtreeI am liking this trio. Colston will have up and down games but that is okay. I will get some high reward guys later. Holmes will probably end up back in Jets and I like him alot. I expect Crabtree to improve in year 3. Very happy with thisTE: GatesI got a stud. Would have rather Finley but could not go GB-GB
Rodgers Gates is a smashing start, dare I say ideal, but I think you missed a big opportunity by going Colston over Ingram. Too bad you missed DeAngelo by one pick, would have been huge. Crabtree is a fine pick instead, although would have liked him better as WR2 with Holmes as WR1 and Ingram as RB1. You could be in big trouble at RB. If the last two years are any indication, you're likely to have weeks where your #3 and #4 are scoring for you. If SF QB play comes around and makes Crabtree a breakout WR, you should be able to get by with those WRs, but you need to hit on at least one late RB pick.
I am not that big on Mark Ingram. I rather have Daniel Thomas and was hoping he would drop in the 5th. DeAngelo would have been nice. There was not much I liked left at WR now but I still see tons of chances for RB and why I went this way. I wish I maybe took Leshoure but I am just a big Beanie supporter despite them drafting Ryan Williams. I thought he was way overdrafted and want Beanie out of the 2 of them.

QB Rivers 6, Kolb 6

Top QB and a backup with no home. A little risky, but I believe Kolb will be traded to be a starter somewhere. Hopefully not somewhere with the saem bye week as Rivers.

RB McCoy 7, Matthews 6, R.Bush 11

Like this group. Big fan of McCoy this year. And Ryan Matthews is my pick for breakout player of the year. I envision him going in the top 10 picks at this time next year. Hopefully Reggie can latch on with a team that needs. I've heard speculation on SD and Indy. Either one would be great.

WR S.Johnson 7, P Harvin 9, S.Moss 5, Benn 8

Not great but not terrible. They did finish 10th, 19th, and 12th among WR's in PPR scoring last season. If I get three anywhere inside the top 20 again , I'll be happy.

TE. Gronk 7, H.Miller 11

Mixed back here. Will be relying on TD's more than receptions which is not the way to go, but I was on the wrong side of the TE run.

Love the Evans pick, hurt to pass on him, but Tolbert and Hardesty at this turn was my plan A and I am sticking to it. It has been very interesting and illuminating to see how ADP has changed post-draft. Torain as the Skins didn't throw a first or second day pick at RB - arguably not showing urgency to replace Torain, but only push him and give them depth at the position.

ETA: RedZone's comment about slim pickins at RB with his Snelling pick is great illustration of why I decided to go RB-RB over RB-Evans even though I actually love Evans value in this format at the 10/11 turn

so, um, wow on BJGE falling to the 11th! I wanted to avoid another week 7 bye and just have Tolbert and Hardesty higher, but it seems like folks have already dug his grave. In a survivor format, he's a fine pick in the 11th even if he only gets half of last year's stats. Having a little remorse for passing on him.

'Sigmund Bloom said:
Love the Evans pick, hurt to pass on him, but Tolbert and Hardesty at this turn was my plan A and I am sticking to it. It has been very interesting and illuminating to see how ADP has changed post-draft. Torain as the Skins didn't throw a first or second day pick at RB - arguably not showing urgency to replace Torain, but only push him and give them depth at the position.ETA: RedZone's comment about slim pickins at RB with his Snelling pick is great illustration of why I decided to go RB-RB over RB-Evans even though I actually love Evans value in this format at the 10/11 turn
Makes me feel a little better about Fiddles snaking me AGAIN... I wanted Emmanual Sanders but looking back, the corner has at least 2 Pitt fans - Probably wasn't going to happen anyway.I almost took Tolbert but, my thinking was this: I'm expecting a better/healthier year from Ryan Mathews... I would think the gameplan would be to give him a little more work than he got last year and What we saw last year from Tolbert was his Max.....Ronnie Brown? Could find a better situation than that and is probably still the more dynamic back.... I felt like I took a Swing but, maybe if I wanted Sanders so much, I could have risked Ronnie Coming back around? Not sure.Not loving this draft, I'll have to go back and see where I could have zigged but, i felt like a few people had my Draft list this time more than most.

'Sigmund Bloom said:
Love the Evans pick, hurt to pass on him, but Tolbert and Hardesty at this turn was my plan A and I am sticking to it. It has been very interesting and illuminating to see how ADP has changed post-draft. Torain as the Skins didn't throw a first or second day pick at RB - arguably not showing urgency to replace Torain, but only push him and give them depth at the position.ETA: RedZone's comment about slim pickins at RB with his Snelling pick is great illustration of why I decided to go RB-RB over RB-Evans even though I actually love Evans value in this format at the 10/11 turn
Makes me feel a little better about Fiddles snaking me AGAIN... I wanted Emmanual Sanders but looking back, the corner has at least 2 Pitt fans - Probably wasn't going to happen anyway.I almost took Tolbert but, my thinking was this: I'm expecting a better/healthier year from Ryan Mathews... I would think the gameplan would be to give him a little more work than he got last year and What we saw last year from Tolbert was his Max.....Ronnie Brown? Could find a better situation than that and is probably still the more dynamic back.... I felt like I took a Swing but, maybe if I wanted Sanders so much, I could have risked Ronnie Coming back around? Not sure.Not loving this draft, I'll have to go back and see where I could have zigged but, i felt like a few people had my Draft list this time more than most.
yeah its definitely very hard to gauge where others value players at this moment, have to trust your gut. Sanders was a terrific target. My feeling on Tolbert is that SD rotates/mixes in both as a true RBBC. Once they knew what they had in Tolbert, they basically favored him over Mathews in weeks 14 and 15 (most of Mathews carries came later in the game once it was sewn up). At worst, I think you're looking at Tolbert getting a few series a game and goal line work, but I think him getting half of the SD backfield is a reasonable expectation. I think Hardesty's role is also being vastly underestimated and he'll get at worst 2-3 series a game to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread