Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

From my guy yesterday and today 

"here have been multiple reports today about Kenny Omega getting a revised wwe offer. This is correct as he got a revised offer New Years Eve. Since the rest of the Elite didn’t signed with them, wwe has put all of their bank on Kenny. His offer is in the neighborhood of 2.5-3.5 a year for three years. Yes Their year is the option year. To what I’ve been told he’s seriously thinking about it as AEW not NJPW can offer that. Not even close. Now the dilemma is that HHH wants him main roster, Vince wants nxt.And that could play a factor in the potential signing. Kenny is eager about the idea of squaring off against or go with Adam Cole again but he’s also mulling the new fewds the Main Roster will bring. It is also said that Y2j has put his two cents and told him to follow his dream" 

"The wrestlevotes account aka former wwe writer, has confirmed my source story (which I may think it’s the same one) about Kenny Omegas offer."

"if you guys have noticed the wheels are spinning for the Royal Rumble even before the first edition of Raw of 2019 begins, meaning that no matter what there will be a surprise in it. So if Jenny has signed or not we won’t know until the very end Or a special edition of the bte before the rumble...."

"now on AJ Styles case, he wants more years less dates and more money. He has a strong case for him to get it. He’s been the flagship of Smackdown since he was moved there and has held the belt quite well Would he get it? don’t think so say my source Would it make financial sense for AJ to stay in wwe? Yes. 4 kids. Would it be worth for him to go to AEW and gamble his immediate well being. No. So wwe thinks they will settle with him soon or later like they did with Bryan D. Would it make financial sense for AJ to stay in wwe? Yes. 4 kids. Would it be worth for him to go to AEW and gamble his immediate well being. No. So wwe thinks they will settle with him soon or later like they did with Bryan D.

another interesting case is Goldust. Yes I asked. He’s contract is currently frozen due to injury. He wants to help his brother but sources say he wants to also stay and work in nxt. He’s loyal to Vince and wwe for helping him on his dark days And he doesn’t want to leave AEW fail and find himself out of income again. So don’t expect him to leave for those twitter trolls that are saying he’s leaving."

My source said AJ will get just enough it makes him stay in WWE. Not everything he asks for but enough

"getting Kenny Omega has countered WWE’s offer. Word is that he wants Rousey style schedule with off periods to rest and heal. Example every 90 days he wants 14 off. Wwe is thinking about it but doesn’t look possible so they might let him walk...."

Edit: I just got this from him as I asked if WWE soul focus is on Omega or if there's other people they are targeting at the moment. Essentially WWE ####ed themselves in the ### Roman

"Well the focus is Omega as they screwed themselves when the focus was only on Roman Reigns. The guy might not even wrestle again! They need a star someone that is already made. They have AJ but he can’t be the only one putting asses in seats so they Need Omega. Wwe needs more Omega than Omega needs them. But at the end this is a business so money talks and bull#### walks"

Edited by DJackson10

1 hour ago, hagmania said:

(I do think Kenny would have been written off at New Year Dash if he were leaving in January.)

Sometimes they don't. Nakamura simple dropped the IC Title. Gallows and Anderson just left not written off.

3 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

It's still sad how badly WCW #### the bed in 1990. Once Sting blew his knee out, the smart move was to have Luger beat Flair for the belt, but nope instead we got months of them finding every way possible for Luger to not beat Flair in a title match, so Sting could eventually return to win the belt and then be such a boring champ that they took the belt off him far sooner than they ever thought they would.  After an electric 1989 that saw some awesome feuds (Flair/Steamboat, Flair/Funk, Sting/Muta, etc.), 1990 was a major plummet. 

JMO Face Lex would have flopped then just like he did in WWF later in early/mid 90s. Couldn't talk and obviously weren't watching him for his ring work. WCW got it right a couple years later with heel Lex with Harley Race as a mouthpiece IMO.

No one bought Lex as a baby face with his great look and lack of personality. No different from Roman of today. Have mentioned it a few times previously, but Roman was/is the modern day Lex Luger. Guys with great physique but zero connection with the crowd. Both need(ed) to heel it up with the "They're better than everyone else" rather than the underdog babyface nonsense when they're bigger than 95% of the roster.   (Not singling them out because I think it's just as bad as having Rey Mysterio as the heavyweight champion for any duration of time beyond a fluke 1-2-3 Kid/Razor-like win)

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

I'm the new breed of fan that would be ok with any size champion.

Going to Impact Homecoming tonight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

It's still sad how badly WCW #### the bed in 1990. Once Sting blew his knee out, the smart move was to have Luger beat Flair for the belt, but nope instead we got months of them finding every way possible for Luger to not beat Flair in a title match, so Sting could eventually return to win the belt and then be such a boring champ that they took the belt off him far sooner than they ever thought they would.  After an electric 1989 that saw some awesome feuds (Flair/Steamboat, Flair/Funk, Sting/Muta, etc.), 1990 was a major plummet. 

Don't forget the Black Scorpion crap for the last half of the year.

WCW always seemed to work better with a heel champ with the face chasing the belt.  Ratings and ticket sales always dropped when the champ was a face.  It didn't matter if it was Sting, Luger, Hogan, Garvin, etc.  Ratings even dropped when Steamboat won the title, even though they were putting out the best product I can remember ever seeing.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

From my guy yesterday and today 

"here have been multiple reports today about Kenny Omega getting a revised wwe offer. This is correct as he got a revised offer New Years Eve. Since the rest of the Elite didn’t signed with them, wwe has put all of their bank on Kenny. His offer is in the neighborhood of 2.5-3.5 a year for three years. Yes Their year is the option year. To what I’ve been told he’s seriously thinking about it as AEW not NJPW can offer that. Not even close. Now the dilemma is that HHH wants him main roster, Vince wants nxt. And that could play a factor in the potential signing. Kenny is eager about the idea of squaring off against or go with Adam Cole again but he’s also mulling the new fewds the Main Roster will bring. It is also said that Y2j has put his two cents and told him to follow his dream" 

"The wrestlevotes account aka former wwe writer, has confirmed my source story (which I may think it’s the same one) about Kenny Omegas offer."

Egad, VKM is a bloody idiot.

I just found out that "Mean" Gene Okerlund passed away earlier today at age 76.  Apparently, there's supposed to be a huge tribute to him tomorrow night on RAW.

7 hours ago, Yogibear said:

I just found out that "Mean" Gene Okerlund passed away earlier today at age 76.  Apparently, there's supposed to be a huge tribute to him tomorrow night on RAW.

He died on January 2nd.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yogibear said:

And RAW will give him a tribute featuring Hulk Hogan.  Seriously.

That'll put butts in seats.

41 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

So who interrupts Cena tonight?  Can it please be EC3? 

I'm praying Velveteen interrupts Hogan lol.

• Like 1

My dudes, if you have the opportunity to watch Lucha Bros vs LAX (c) from last night at Impact Homecoming, do it. Was the best match I've seen live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hagmania said:

I'm praying Velveteen interrupts Hogan lol.

Would be great, he’s stuck down there awhile probably till at least SS with this new wave of call ups.  I wish we got a good surprise but got to wait for Rumble for that.  

3 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Would be great, he’s stuck down there awhile probably till at least SS with this new wave of call ups.  I wish we got a good surprise but got to wait for Rumble for that.  

Yeah I know, but if they were trying to ingratiate HH back into the Universe, putting over a young black talent would be a nice step.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Egad, VKM is a bloody idiot.

Yeah basically like my guy said when I asked if WWE is putting all it's eggs in the Omega basket or trying to target others as well he basically said Vince and WWE ####ed themselves with trying to push Roman as the top guy and no one else. Said they have Styles as a big name guy but he can't be the only one and why they now are trying to sign Omega. The good thing here with VKM is he knows he will have a top guy so maybe Kenny might be safe till Hunter takes over full time. At the very least Kenny spends a year in NXT and when Vince does the XFL next year Hunter brings him up

11 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

And RAW will give him a tribute featuring Hulk Hogan.  Seriously.

That'll put butts in seats.

I will probably watch the Flyers game instead and this might be the most frustrating team I've seen as a fan in my 30 yrs of watching and are so hard to watch. Yes thats how bad RAW is for me. Might flip back and fourth between periods commercials. 

2 hours ago, hagmania said:

Yeah I know, but if they were trying to ingratiate HH back into the Universe, putting over a young black talent would be a nice step.

Hogan putting a young guy over? Thats never gonna happen unless he agreed to it as part of coming back to WWE and yes it'd have to be a young black talent. 

38 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Kenny Omega leaving NJPW

Dollar to a donut says he ends up in AEW.

Good news for anyone who doesn't get Pursuit TV. About time they did this 

More

BREAKING: Starting THIS FRIDAY and every week IMPACT will stream on @Twitch in the US at 10pm ET simulcasting with the @PursuitChannel airing!

"expect for the show to be big and full of emotions as we go down memory lane for Mean Gene and of course the first show with the full blown changes. Told the show would be better than Raw 25, which they consider the best of 2018"

40 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Kenny Omega leaving NJPW

My guy just told me that his source told him Omega isn't expected to sign with WWE. They were apparently notified of it

49 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Kenny Omega leaving NJPW

Owens and Takahashi reunited with BCOG's at New Years Dash. Owens announced a new contract with NJPW on Twitter

Bullet Club currently consists of: Jay White (leader), Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens, Tonga Loa, Hikuleo, Taiji Ishimori, Gedo, Jado, and Robbie Eagles.

• Like 1

Raw Same #### different day 

7 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Raw Same #### different day 

From what I saw, yes.

Idk, I see baby steps. Maybe too little too late, I wouldn't necessarily disagree.

They had Seth and Bobby brawl as a cold open and some of the promos seemed to have no script.

• Like 1

Seemed like small differences, though with more in-ring action than before.  Title matches and #1 contenders matches are always appreciated.

Hoping they push forward hard now that MNF, holidays, and NCAA title game are over.

4 hours ago, hagmania said:

Idk, I see baby steps. Maybe too little too late, I wouldn't necessarily disagree.

They had Seth and Bobby brawl as a cold open and some of the promos seemed to have no script.

First show I watched in a while, and I thought it was quite good. The first hour essentially established RAW's six "contenders" in the Royal Rumble by letting them work a brawl and multi-segment match. Rollins came out of it looking great. 

The Mean Gene tribute video was really nice. Hogan seemed really sincere, although it felt weird having him on the show. 

Braun and Brock did what they could - I assume Braun isn't ready for contact yet, so flexing and yelling is about all they can offer. 

Sasha Banks insta-push seemed kind of out of nowhere, but it goes along with the promise to feature wrestlers the fans have supported. Nice clean win over Nia.

Rollins and Dean put together a nice brawl. It escalated the fight from the TLC match, and the ending worked to move Seth off Dean to Lashley, which had to happen to escalate Seth to the Universal title picture. 

It didn't feel like there were wasted segments, which is tough to accomplish in a 3 hour show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, and Finn got sent out as the babyface save. Slap that IC strap on him and watch him go.

The roster is going to be quite good once Bray, Kevin and Sami are back.

I liked the open, the tag match started extremely slow but the finish was good. Ruthless aggression Seth Rollins is the best.  He had to show HHH he wanted it, liked him going back there and slapping the coffee out and getting the match.  I hope he turns heel and is back with HHH at some point. Dude needs to be in the main picture not just making the IC title look good.

Hogan was great, thought he wouldn't be but the promo did it's job, solid tribute.

Sasha Banks and the women promo was trash, anytime they say B**** - Nia Jax is garbage.  Alexa Bliss will get better in that talk show role, should ask the Miz for advice!

Stroman promo was terrible.  See that all the time.

I liked the falls count anywhere stipulation.

babysteps yes, but work to be done. Wonder if they didn't want to do too much with the CFB game on.

Also, Lacey Evans and EC3 were on before raw on "MAIN EVENT" was hoping some new faces we see pre-rumble.

Looking like Cena and Mcyntire are building for mania.

AEW presser this afternoon. Appearances by SCU and announce they have signed with AEW.

Highlights:

1. Cody says wins and losses will matter and you will not be fed faces and heels. You can cheer or boo who you want.

2. Young Bucks come out and announce the Good Hearts from China will be showing up in AEW. They stress they're bringing in the best athletes they can find.

3. Cody and YB announce Double or Nothing for Saturday, May 25th in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.

4. Brandi says there will indeed be a women's division and that men and women will be paid equally - "no sliding scale"

5. Appearances by Jaguars cheerleaders, Britt Baker, MJF, Joey Janela, Penelope Ford, and PAC (nee Neville).

6. Cody and YB announce second show in Jacksonville - benefits those affected by gun violence.

7. CHRIS FREAKING JERICHO!!  He announces he's "all in with All Elite Wrestling".  He says he has money already, he wants to change the world (a frequent AEW talking point).

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

AEW presser this afternoon. Appearances by SCU and announce they have signed with AEW.

Highlights:

1. Cody says wins and losses will matter and you will not be fed faces and heels. You can cheer or boo who you want.

2. Young Bucks come out and announce the Good Hearts from China will be showing up in AEW. They stress they're bringing in the best athletes they can find.

3. Cody and YB announce Double or Nothing for Saturday, May 25th in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.

4. Brandi says there will indeed be a women's division and that men and women will be paid equally - "no sliding scale"

5. Appearances by Jaguars cheerleaders, Britt Baker, MJF, Joey Janela, Penelope Ford, and PAC (nee Neville).

6. Cody and YB announce second show in Jacksonville - benefits those affected by gun violence.

7. CHRIS FREAKING JERICHO!!  He announces he's "all in with All Elite Wrestling".  He says he has money already, he wants to change the world (a frequent AEW talking point).

Any talk regarding any TV backing? Mega shows for stream buys is cool but this has to eventually create some sort of Monday or Tuesday competition. 

40 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Any talk regarding any TV backing? Mega shows for stream buys is cool but this has to eventually create some sort of Monday or Tuesday competition. 

There was nothing said today about it. They've been playing the long game, playing the news cycle for all it's worth. 

I imagine an announcement will come out at some point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hagmania said:

The brawl to open or end a show has been so overdone in WWE for years it does nothing for me unless it ends up becoming something memorable like when Becky and SDLive invaded RAW and it ended with a bloody Becky. Plus Lashley no one gives a dam about. Some of it seemed like it wasn't scripted promos but you can tell which of these people need their hands held *Cough Nia Cough***. However we saw most of the same matches again. The Bliss thing was incredible cringe worthy 

8 hours ago, hagmania said:

Yep, and Finn got sent out as the babyface save. Slap that IC strap on him and watch him go.

The roster is going to be quite good once Bray, Kevin and Sami are back.

Think again.. Not with the writers they currently employ 

7 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

I liked the open, the tag match started extremely slow but the finish was good. Ruthless aggression Seth Rollins is the best.  He had to show HHH he wanted it, liked him going back there and slapping the coffee out and getting the match.  I hope he turns heel and is back with HHH at some point. Dude needs to be in the main picture not just making the IC title look good.

Hogan was great, thought he wouldn't be but the promo did it's job, solid tribute.

Sasha Banks and the women promo was trash, anytime they say B**** - Nia Jax is garbage.  Alexa Bliss will get better in that talk show role, should ask the Miz for advice!

Stroman promo was terrible.  See that all the time.

I liked the falls count anywhere stipulation.

babysteps yes, but work to be done. Wonder if they didn't want to do too much with the CFB game on.

Also, Lacey Evans and EC3 were on before raw on "MAIN EVENT" was hoping some new faces we see pre-rumble.

Looking like Cena and Mcyntire are building for mania.

I like the Seth bit

* Only reason Hogan was brought out for the Mean Gene Tribute was to counter all the boos the dude was gonna get. Know people who know him and my source personally worked with him a few times. What you saw on that leaked Video is the real Hogan at his finest. A racist piece of garbage who only cares about himself. He got over with the Cheap American Patriot gimmick at such the right time. Don't get me wrong I appreciate Hogan helping put WWE and wrestling mainstream but the dude was one of the most overrated promo and in ring work. He was also a piece of trash to Savage for yrs especially when he saw Randy stealing his spotlight. A lot of stories have yet to get out just how trashy he was to Randy and Elizabeth she could probably MeToo the guy for it if she wanted. The overall Tribute was great but I think it was quite tacky putting Hogan out there because of the agenda of WWE reintroduced Hogan to the TV crowd in a way he wouldn't get booed as much. Much would've rather had Graves/Cole or one of the other legends like Slaughter or Flair or even Hunter or HBK do it. WWE used a death to try to get Hogan over with the crowd and hide people from booing

That promo with the women was garbage. Nia's tongue clicks were like nails on a chalk board. The whole promo was terrible. NIA the only reasons she's still employed is she's part of the Rocks family. Any other botching not safe c**t would've been featured endeavored years ago

They paid Lesnar last night 100K for that segment. Let that sink in. Braun really is as dumb as he says he is

The falls count anywhere was a nice stipulation but honestly it's just another DQ match in WWE. They aren't gonna have any blood or big spots like we've seen on IMPACT with Callahan/Edwards or LAX vs The OGz or anything in LU. I'm not saying they need to go Hardcore ECW but any of these stipulation matches anymore are just simple NO DQ matches. 

I think thats a terrible excuse not to do stuff. That's when you do stuff so people who missed it go "Oh man I can't believe I missed that!!! I'm gonna watch next week now so I don't miss anything." Thats the perfect time to draw fans back in. Remember when WCW announced Foley winning the title? 500K switched over just to watch it over WCW. 

I think it was dumb to debut either one on Main Event. Almost no one watches that and to debut EC3 on there is absolutely embarrassing after the way they built him up in NXT

Yeah I like the feud there with Cena/Drew as long as Drew goes over and looks good. I'd rather see him in the title picture and McIntyre did the same promo almost everyone does on Cena. It's gonna turn into the oh it's mania Season here comes Undertaker type thing. Oh Here's Cena back I wonder what guy is gonna come out this year and tell him he's lost a step, he's old news, he doesn't belong anymore etc. Cena basically made a joke about it on SD the week before. 

Overall RAW just seemed like it was on Coke. It's was more hey lets try and get as many things going so people don't realize we still suck. They tried somethings that were ok but it was no where close to enough. This whole shake up just seems like another one of those VKM comes out for his schtick, hypes everything up and within a few weeks everything is still the same. Last night should've been the whole announcement by the McMahons to start a new year. They did it at the worst possible time when their next 4 shows (2 RAWs and 2 SDLIVES) were going to be taped and no one is watching do to holidays. 

3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Highlights:

Also Omega will be signing with them on Feb 1st right after his NJPW contract expires at Jan 31st at Midnight. You forgot The Mascot of the Jags showed up too. Really liked Joey Janela. He got a new fan in me at ALL IN

Fun story I'm blocked on twitter by Jericho for some reason. 

Also this was a funny tweet

"Remember last year when there was all this talk that Jericho was sent to New Japan to get Kenny Omega ... and how that went completely in the opposite direction now that Jericho is in #AEW and #NJPW? lol?

Finally I knew Y2J was going with AEW. I just had a hunch plus he had said he wasn't done with Japan yet and AEW is suppose to have a partnership deal with them 

2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Most likely won't happen till Double Or Nothing in May any news on that. Look at it like the ECW One Night Stands WWE did. The first was for nostalgia reasons and was a huge hit. 2nd one came and they built the ECW (Granted it was not the ECW I will remember) brand and announced it at ONS 2. Next Announcement will probably be Kenny Omega Signing Feb 1st. 

Watched last night for the first time in forever because I will probably be reupping the Network for the RR/ Mania push.

i wasn’t impressed. The Seth/Dean match was so uninspiring. I mean I don’t need hardcore stuff, but come on, there wasn’t a moment in the match that was even remotely violent. And didn’t the table slam happen during the commercial break? I remember the days of guys fighting in the bathrooms or out in the street, but  in a “falls count anywhere” match and you end with a pin in the ring 🤬

Elias is still singing.  Brock is still doing nothing. Jinderl is still doing his old tired routine. It was just boring.

• Like 1

Knew this was happening

"getting information that WWE has sent the Chris Jericho Podcast production company Westwood one a notice that their talent will not be accepting interviews in the foreseeable future..."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

He was also a piece of trash to Savage for yrs especially when he saw Randy stealing his spotlight. A lot of stories have yet to get out just how trashy he was to Randy and Elizabeth she could probably MeToo the guy for it if she wanted.

If Miss Elizabeth does that, I'm afraid that'll get buried in the story that she's come back from the dead.

10 hours ago, Courtjester said:

Watched last night for the first time in forever because I will probably be reupping the Network for the RR/ Mania push.

i wasn’t impressed. The Seth/Dean match was so uninspiring. I mean I don’t need hardcore stuff, but come on, there wasn’t a moment in the match that was even remotely violent. And didn’t the table slam happen during the commercial break? I remember the days of guys fighting in the bathrooms or out in the street, but  in a “falls count anywhere” match and you end with a pin in the ring 🤬

The trouble with FCA matches is you lose the live crowd if you do too much outside the main arena or end the match elsewhere, while the alternative feels a lot like a regular no-DQ match.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith R said:

The trouble with FCA matches is you lose the live crowd if you do too much outside the main arena or end the match elsewhere, while the alternative feels a lot like a regular no-DQ match.

IMO, FCA matches are better suited to the indies where the crowd can follow the action outside if necessary.

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

IMO, FCA matches are better suited to the indies where the crowd can follow the action outside if necessary.

I used to love them in the attitude era, the crowd was always hot when they'd watch the jumbo tron or screen seeing the Hardcore belt change hands or someone drive a forklift in the back.  The good ole' days.

14 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

I used to love them in the attitude era, the crowd was always hot when they'd watch the jumbo tron or screen seeing the Hardcore belt change hands or someone drive a forklift in the back.  The good ole' days.

Well that’s kind of where I was going. I mean the two most hardcore moments of that match were Seth has a shovel and not only swings it so slowly a turtle could have gotten out of the way plus he missed by a mile and the whole sliding of the steel structure and the camera angle hid the fact Dean wasn’t even sitting there anymore. 

It just is so sanitized. I don’t need Cactus Jack level carnage, but come on—some prop out of the ordinary—some risky move to set it apart from every other match is needed to sell it

12 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

If Miss Elizabeth does that, I'm afraid that'll get buried in the story that she's come back from the dead.

:wall:

God the way NXT does their brand promos and NXT UK as well is so night and day compared to the Main Roster. Watching NXT UK and they are doing a press conference for the Women's UK title match. God it's so good. 

What really hurts is this....

In a seven day period we had.

World Class

AWA

WWF

WCW

UWF

.....on TV.  Must have been 40 "name" wresters roaming around back then.

Now....sheesh~~~

14 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

As somebody that used to see a lot of FCA matches from the crowd, I did hate having to watch it on the tron.  I paid for a live show, not to watch on TV.  I could've done that at home for free.