What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Chris Jericho could wrestle a paper bag for 45 minutes and it would still be a good match. And count me in as a fan of The Wyatts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Night after PPV RAWs are becoming must see events from beginning to end. Since WM, they have been almost PPV-quality shows and last night was no exception.

A little late with this but the free-per-view match between The Shield and Usos was borderline great. Second time in a row the free-per-view has a quality match. People can watch these matches without ordering the event itself, so even if you are not ordering, definitely worth it to check out.

Night after PPV RAWs are becoming must see events from beginning to end. Since WM, they have been almost PPV-quality shows and last night was no exception.

A little late with this but the free-per-view match between The Shield and Usos was borderline great. Second time in a row the free-per-view has a quality match. People can watch these matches without ordering the event itself, so even if you are not ordering, definitely worth it to check out.
That pre-match was excellent. They need to do a better job continuing momentum after a PPV. They really have an abundance of talent right now. In no particular order:

Shield

Punk

Jericho

Ziggler

RVD

Bryan

Del Rio is ok--needs to go back heel

Orton

Cody Rhodes

The Uso's

Sandow

Say all you want about Faaaandannngoooo he's funny and can wrestle

Christian

Wyatts gimmick

I'm sure I'm missing quite a few as well--Curtis Axel, The Miz

They need to focus on WRESTLING. All of these guys can put on 5 star matches all the time. I love the build up and "drama" for feuds, but just put good wrestlers in a match together on TV and let the rest work itself out. These crowds lately have reminded me of old ECW crowds where they actually appreciate the in-ring work.

Bryan beats Cena, short reign ends when Orton cashes in pissing off the universe. Orton-Bryan feud is on.

Orton turning is painfully obvious.

Then again, he should have turned more than a year ago. The guy is as stale of there is in WWE. Kinda glad they had him win the briefcase as it'll give him something to do to be relevant.

I just watched The Haunting of Rowdy Roddy Piper on Bio.Hd. I don't get into any of this stuff, but my GF loves these shows. It seems like he's been tormented by Owen Hart, Curt Hennig, and his best friend Adrian Adonis. It was really good. Thought it was very interesting that Adonis was his "retirement" match at Mania 3. I recommend.

The lady thought it was the most honest "Haunting" she has ever watched. She doesn't know much about anything though.

Outstanding end to RAW last night with the three Daniel Bryan matches, especially his epic match with the criminally overlooked Antonio Cesaro. Great bookends which started with Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus to kick things off. The middle portion waned but hot start and phenominal finish.

Though the buzz seems to be all about Brie Bella's nip slip. I missed it at the time because it happened during the most boring segment in months.

Daniel Bryan vs Antonio Cesaro from yesterday's Raw was another Match of the Year candidate. Great, great action. I liked that Bryan won, but didn't make Cesaro look weak with a submission victory either. He won with a great counter into an inside cradle. I hope they have more matches in the future.

Any chance Cena turns heel at Summerslam? Wins with help from Vince; new corporate champ? Great swerve that would be.

Outstanding end to RAW last night with the three Daniel Bryan matches, especially his epic match with the criminally overlooked Antonio Cesaro. Great bookends which started with Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus to kick things off. The middle portion waned but hot start and phenominal finish.

Though the buzz seems to be all about Brie Bella's nip slip. I missed it at the time because it happened during the most boring segment in months.
Was at this show, the crowd was amazing, the pop Bryan is getting right now is so sick, just got back into WWF/E after years and years of not watching, but my 9 and 10 year olds are huge into it and its a blast. We were all SUPER SUPER dissapointed at the Wyatts not being there, as I even got them their own sheep masks etc. and they were the only ones in the arena that had anything like that.

We have gone 4 times this year and are going to TLC PPV then the next two RAWs being taped that monday and tuesday. Super super stoked lol,,

Few random thoughts

CM Punk DVD streaming on Netflix - worth a watch. I forgot the epic match he had with Eddie Guerrero in the indy circuit. I also wonder almost pull Heyman/Triple HHH had to keep CM Punk around. Can't believe they thought Morrison was the "future" over guys like Bryan/Miz/Punk during Punk's stint with ECW.

Also a :lmao: moment with Cena calling Cabana/CM Punk's feud a :shrug:

Few random thoughts

CM Punk DVD streaming on Netflix - worth a watch. I forgot the epic match he had with Eddie Guerrero in the indy circuit. I also wonder almost pull Heyman/Triple HHH had to keep CM Punk around. Can't believe they thought Morrison was the "future" over guys like Bryan/Miz/Punk during Punk's stint with ECW.
To be fair, Morrison looked like he had the charisma to be something. I liked the "Sultan of Sexy" or whatever it was that he called himself. His in-ring work was OK, but that can be worked on. I don't know how or why he flamed out; it happens sometimes. :shrug:

Sunday's Free-Per-View match is US Champ Dean Ambrose defending against Rob Van Dam. You can watch even if you don't order Summerslam, and I have high hopes for this one.

Few random thoughts

To be fair, Morrison looked like he had the charisma to be something. I liked the "Sultan of Sexy" or whatever it was that he called himself. His in-ring work was OK, but that can be worked on. I don't know how or why he flamed out; it happens sometimes. :shrug:
The rumor was always that Melina was a ##### and she drug him down.

Few random thoughts

I get the impression he strongly dislikes the schedule and being tied down unable to do outside projects.

I'm sure when he needs money he'll be back. Some guys (Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle) can't handle the full time schedule. Some guys like Morrison/Rob Van Dam just don't want that schedule. WWE is getting more and more leniant on working off time into their contracts. Smart to do. Very smart for both parties.

Few random thoughts

I get the impression he strongly dislikes the schedule and being tied down unable to do outside projects.

I'm sure when he needs money he'll be back. Some guys (Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle) can't handle the full time schedule. Some guys like Morrison/Rob Van Dam just don't want that schedule. WWE is getting more and more leniant on working off time into their contracts. Smart to do. Very smart for both parties.
:goodposting:

Morrison left on good terms. He just has bodybuilding and gym interests that he wants to see to and WWE isn't too cool about letting him promote them on their airwaves.

Steve Austin's podcast is okay but he did a three part episode with Kevin Nash

Highly enjoyable.

thumbs up to the WWE not looking to censor their things on youtube. turned on the 1998 Royal Rumble over lunch, nice to be able to review some of the old days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k3a3pk03q0
but yet they do. had links saved to some matches that they did censor, so not sure what they go after.
who knows, maybe they go through and clean it out from time to time, or maybe it has to do with not being allowed to show newer shows. Either way, being able to watch the Nation of Domination's Rocky Maivia vs. Ken Shamrock is an enjoyable activity while eating a sandwich mid-afternoon

Loved the Brock/Punk match and the Bryan/Cena match was really good. Christian/DelRio was ok, but it should be since they wrestled each other a million times. Wyatt/Kane bored me. You could see them calling a spot early on in the match when Kane had to repeat himself. Nattie/Brie was ok. Ziggler/Big E was ok. I liked the RVD/Ambrose match but it was a #### ending.

This was card of the year IMO (though I didn't watch Payback, which seems to be another contender).

Punk-Lesnar is Match of the Year so far. Punk is having a stellar year, with this adding on to his WM match vs Undertaker, his free match vs Cena on RAW about a month before WM, and his Payback match vs Jericho (which I youtubed after the fact).

Bryan-Cena was great (until the soul-crushing aftermath) and Del Rio - Christian was very good. Sandow-Rhodes a solid anchor as well. The only disappointing match was Kane-Bray, thanks in large part to the match stip. Everything else was what it needed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread