What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

I like the new Ronda Rousey we had too much of the smiley face. I wanted The Baddest ##### on the planet Ronda and the smiley #### really made that hard 

Also Harlem Heat is going into the WWE HoF. there's your minority Part of the HoF induction done All kidding aside well deserved. 

I missed all of Batista's run. Damn he's incredible now.

People are crapping on this but I loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed all of Batista's run. Damn he's incredible now.

People are crapping on this but I loved it.
People are crapping on it because they remember the old Batista runs which weren't anything to brag about. I got back into WWE (I was there from MN Wars till after the InVasion angle and stopped) around the time the Trump/McMahon Mania happened so I saw his and Takers TLC match and Hell in A Cell match. So I missed all of Evolution and stuff. 

Angle makes what many people saw coming official as he's retiring at Mania. Farewell Match at Mania. Wrestling Apollo Crews in his final match in his Hometown 

There's a lot of talk around the IWC that the match we just saw as the Main Event was Dean's Last in WWE. No Mania match for him. Could be a work and he signed an extension but theres no confirmation either way if he was offered the rumored signed deal or was just something told to people in WWE to put out there to put out false info. 

So who is Angle putting over at WM?  He can barely move.

Batista/HHH at WM.. may as well bring out Sting to fight Brett Hart and Gene Anderson vs Ivan Koloff.  Brooklyn Brawler vs Red Rooster.  

Batista/HHH at WM.. may as well bring out Sting to fight Brett Hart and Gene Anderson vs Ivan Koloff.  Brooklyn Brawler vs Red Rooster.  
He's had an awesome series of matches with Samoa Joe in TNA, including for possession of the TNA World and Tag Titles. I could see this as IIRC they haven't met in the E.

"Hearing this is Deans last match. He has been officially written off. Barring the news we reported earlier about a one year deal, this looks like the last ride..."

I don't mind Batista/Hunter here. Dave can still go and so can Hunter plus they aren't burying any of the young talent here

I would've loved Styles vs Angle because they had some amazing matches in TNA. It would've been cool seeing Jordan or Gable put the young guy over but Jordan is hurt and Gable is with Roode in the Triple threat for the Tag Titles. My best guess is the guy he managed with Charlie Haas in Worlds Greatest Tag Team Shelton Benjamin who's an incredible underrated wrester in WWE

LMFAO

Her name was Dana Brooke.
:lmao:   Did she have some work done on her face??  She looked different somehow last night.

Also, the writing (or delivery) on the Batista segment left quite a bit to be desired.  Still looking forward to the match though

Well it was partly the delivery, I get that he was supposed to be kinda calm with some undercurrent of anger, but it was more about the repetition of the gimme what I want theme.

Dave - gimme what I want

HHH- no

rinse repeat for far too long.  It was just awkward until the end until finally produced the WM match reveal.  Maybe some exposition on WHY he wants that match would have been good.

I don't mind Batista/Hunter here. Dave can still go and so can Hunter plus they aren't burying any of the young talent here

I would've loved Styles vs Angle because they had some amazing matches in TNA. It would've been cool seeing Jordan or Gable put the young guy over but Jordan is hurt and Gable is with Roode in the Triple threat for the Tag Titles. My best guess is the guy he managed with Charlie Haas in Worlds Greatest Tag Team Shelton Benjamin who's an incredible underrated wrester in WWE
Styles and Angle had great matches in years past.  Now AJ would have to carry a tired Angle for any type of decent match.  It seems they're putting him in WM just to do it.  Can't imagine it will be a good match to watch. Last night's win (if you want to call it that) vs Apollo should have been Kurt's last, imo.  

Well here's another one. Undertaker will not be wrestling at Mania and will be the headline Induction to Next Years HOF

"it’s official, the undertaker is NOT wrestling at this years Mania. I can also confirm that he will be the face of the HOF next year. This explains the appearances and all just to let you know Taker is a character not a persona so he can talk"

Well it was partly the delivery, I get that he was supposed to be kinda calm with some undercurrent of anger, but it was more about the repetition of the gimme what I want theme.

Dave - gimme what I want

HHH- no

rinse repeat for far too long.  It was just awkward until the end until finally produced the WM match reveal.  Maybe some exposition on WHY he wants that match would have been good.
AJ could wrestle a broom to a 5 star match. He literally carried Lesnar in the SS match too. 

Sounds like Bryan/Kofi in line for Mania for the world title. Should be pretty good as crowd is obviously behind Kofi.

Same can't be said for Rollins/Lesnar. There's just nothing there at all. And really doesn't have much to do with Lesnar not being there either for me. Rollins is a great worker. But so is Ziggler. And I'd rather sit through a Ziggler promo.(Which is saying a lot in itself) JMO It'd be a waste having built Lesnar for years and years to job to Rollins. Are there many candidates better than Rollins? Probably not many. I think it speaks more to the lack of character development and storylines in the company as a whole. They simply don't have starpower on their regular roster. 

I enjoy heel Batista. And don't have to worry about him being scripted word for word. He won't read it anyway if he were.

I kinda feel bad for Angle out there. Guy was a machine. Just looks like father time has really caught up to him. Being honest, I really don't want to see him at Mania. Because he's just a shell of what he was. If he had any sort of character at this point, maybe it wouldnt be so depressing seeing him. Hell, Flair was working regularly at Angle's age. He was also still cutting good promos. Angle just looks uncomfortable not only in the ring, but cutting his scripted promos.

I get why they are going with Rollins. He carried the title brilliantly as a heel post-Shield and was only derailed by injury. I can also see why they are going to have him wrestle up until the show, but I wouldn't mind having Rollins in "training" mode where we get produced videos instead of in-ring action. Rehash the stuff from the HHH match where he worked out like a maniac to get back in time for Mania. Have him grow out a beard and train in Canada, Rocky IV style. Then show up at Mania all polished up (I personally like the Rollins white Power Range cosplay gear for big matches). 

I think a second round with Balor as the Demon would have been more interesting, but Rollins has earned the chance to run on top as well. I can't hate on it. 

Sounds like Bryan/Kofi in line for Mania for the world title. Should be pretty good as crowd is obviously behind Kofi.

Same can't be said for Rollins/Lesnar. There's just nothing there at all. And really doesn't have much to do with Lesnar not being there either for me. Rollins is a great worker. But so is Ziggler. And I'd rather sit through a Ziggler promo.(Which is saying a lot in itself) JMO It'd be a waste having built Lesnar for years and years to job to Rollins. Are there many candidates better than Rollins? Probably not many. I think it speaks more to the lack of character development and storylines in the company as a whole. They simply don't have starpower on their regular roster. 

I enjoy heel Batista. And don't have to worry about him being scripted word for word. He won't read it anyway if he were.

I kinda feel bad for Angle out there. Guy was a machine. Just looks like father time has really caught up to him. Being honest, I really don't want to see him at Mania. Because he's just a shell of what he was. If he had any sort of character at this point, maybe it wouldnt be so depressing seeing him. Hell, Flair was working regularly at Angle's age. He was also still cutting good promos. Angle just looks uncomfortable not only in the ring, but cutting his scripted promos.
If the crowd isn't dead by the time that match happens that night. Mania could be 8 hrs possible more including 2Hr pre show. Mania might have 10-15 matches overall. I'd rather have 6-8 really good 10-20Mins with the ME and Co ME 20+ then a bunch of 10 Min matches. 

I agree I'm all for not having the title passed around like a hot potato but Lesnar never being there and most knowing he doesn't give a #### really destroys the feel. WWE has guys who could be stars but they didn't want anything interfering with their Roman agenda for yrs. 

I do like Heel Batista better. He from what I saw of Heel Batista in the initial run was always good

Angle despite his age was great when he didn't have to make cookie cutter promos just love his first WWE run but the drinking abuse and all with the wrestling has put a toll on his body over the years. 

If the crowd isn't dead by the time that match happens that night.
No question IMO it's going to be one of the first matches on the main card if not the first. They've always spaced out the world title matches and we know Lesnar isn't going early.

Lynch /Rousey - Rollins/Lesnar - HHH/Batista are going to be heading the card IMO (maybe a filler match in between).  I really have zero interest in watching Rollins/Lesnar. And if the match order is how I think it'll be (Bryan/Kofi first and Rousey/Lynch last), I probably won't & will just catch the beginning and end of the show.

Sounds like Meltzer has the inside track how injuries work in wrestling. This was a post by someone on twitter people took Meltzer's comments about Roman's cancer wrong. Meltzer never said it was fake but salty WWE fanboys started complaining about what was said on TWO show got taken out of context People in WWE saw it and reported the false into to others. 

"HIPPA prohibits divulging that info. Unless he puts it out there. And it’s no one business but his how severe or not his condition was."

Meltzers response to this is perfect

"That's ridiculous. Teams in every sport disclose injury and illness reports of players, in any real sport this would be common knowledge."

So what Dave is saying is that HIPPA LAWS are not involved with this. WWE is a publicly traded company and when one of the stars is out sick or something that could effect the Companies shares people need to be told. someone on twitter said this better

"You do understand that since they're a publicly traded company that the health of a member of their roster is public information? It affects the value of the company making it important for the public evaluation of the corporation"

This is why there are fans upset with WWE not divulging more info on Roman Even after a month or two an update of what kind of cancer or treatment and if he will be back at some point in 2019 if that info is available are up for grabs here. Meltzer on the show called WWE deceitful for not telling everyone what Roman's diagnosis was. 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
No question IMO it's going to be one of the first matches on the main card if not the first. They've always spaced out the world title matches and we know Lesnar isn't going early.

Rousey - Rollins/Lesnar - HHH/Batista are going to be heading the card.  I really have zero interest in watching Rollins/Lesnar. And if the match order is how I think it'll be (Bryan/Kofi first and Rousey/Lynch last), I probably won't & will just catch the beginning and end of the show.
I thought for awhile The Triple Threat would be last but knowing Lesnar I doubt he shows up if he has to be the Co Main event to the Women. But if Hunter is taking over after Mania as some are reporting Hunter might tell Brock to F off the women are ME and if you don't like it drop the title and you don't get paid. Hunter never wanted Brock back to begin with 

hagmania said:
If the crowd is fresh the Kofi pop is going to be seismic. Maybe bigger than the Hardys' return
Could be but it also depends on the Theme. He sticks with New day theme then Doubt it gets the huge pop then say his old singles theme got

Sounds like Meltzer has the inside track how injuries work in wrestling. This was a post by someone on twitter people took Meltzer's comments about Roman's cancer wrong. Meltzer never said it was fake but salty WWE fanboys started complaining about what was said on TWO show got taken out of context People in WWE saw it and reported the false into to others. 

"HIPPA prohibits divulging that info. Unless he puts it out there. And it’s no one business but his how severe or not his condition was."

"That's ridiculous. Teams in every sport disclose injury and illness reports of players, in any real sport this would be common knowledge."

So what Dave is saying is that HIPPA LAWS are not involved with this. WWE is a publicly traded company and when one of the stars is out sick or something that could effect the Companies shares people need to be told. someone on twitter said this better

"You do understand that since they're a publicly traded company that the health of a member of their roster is public information? It affects the value of the company making it important for the public evaluation of the corporation"

This is why there are fans upset with WWE not divulging more info on Roman Even after a month or two an update of what kind of cancer or treatment and if he will be back at some point in 2019 if that info is available are up for grabs here. Meltzer on the show called WWE deceitful for not telling everyone what Roman's diagnosis was. 
Except WWE long ago stated it's not a sport and is a performance. The better analogy would be divulging the health status of Lin Manuel vis-à-vis the production of Hamilton.

Meltzer and "someone on twitter" obviously don't understand HIPAA laws. HHS is pretty clear about this type of thing.

A.  It's HIPAA, and 

B.  It only applies to healthcare providers.

C.  If I had to guess, the release of player injury status (in the NFL for example) is most likely collectively bargained.  Last I checked, there is no union for WWE wrestlers.  Unless there is some sort of language in an individual wrestler's contract, I fail to see how they could be required to provide any health status update they did not want to.

Except WWE long ago stated it's not a sport and is a performance. The better analogy would be divulging the health status of Lin Manuel vis-à-vis the production of Hamilton.
They claim they aren't but they are a public traded Company who's Drug testing is more advance then most sports had been including baseball. Vince simple said that to get away from certain lawsuits and all. Like it's stated WWE is a publicly traded company and when one of the big shots goes down like Roman it can effect stock that you or me can also buy into so based on that WWE should've been more fourth coming. Now If Roman was no longer able to wrestle and stock was up and they didn't mention it until long after that they've known for awhile WWE could get into a lot of trouble if that were the case. The problem here is WWE made the cancer with Roman sound like Roman would be out yrs not months and very life threatening. That effects stocks. There were no updates etc. I talked to my people who said WWE is not wrapped around the HIPPA LAWS and could've easily given the info on Reigns out. In their contracts they sign a legal bidding contract that also signs their health rights too WWE who can do to the type of company they are can put out health info. They are no different company wise then APPLE and SONY and if their president fell ill they'd legally have to send out a press release

A.  It's HIPAA, and 

B.  It only applies to healthcare providers.

C.  If I had to guess, the release of player injury status (in the NFL for example) is most likely collectively bargained.  Last I checked, there is no union for WWE wrestlers.  Unless there is some sort of language in an individual wrestler's contract, I fail to see how they could be required to provide any health status update they did not want to.
Like it's stated Publicly traded company with Stocks so legally they'd have to give an update. No one is saying Roman or WWE should've came out right away telling us the type of Cancer and treatment but it would've been nice a few months in we get an update in terms of:

A. Type of Leukemia

B. The treatment he's doing

C. if Applicable possible time away

No one was asking step by step procedures and him filming a movie or show with Rock doesn't help him or WWE out publicly when this info is not given. Plus Roman's medical is no different then when Cena tore his tricep or Hunter tore his ACL, etc. They will either publicly announce the injury or it'll come out later if it's not part of a storyline. So WWE has put out wrestlers health issues REAL in the past. So it's obvious they don't have to apply to certain Health rules. 

Like it's stated Publicly traded company with Stocks so legally they'd have to give an update
where in the world are you getting this idea that because they are publicly traded the employees are required to disclose details on their health condition?

where in the world are you getting this idea that because they are publicly traded the employees are required to disclose details on their health condition?
My employer - a large electric utility - is also publicly traded and they cannot give out my personal health information. My doctors require my consent before sharing information with anyone. If I go to counseling, my employer isn’t even allow to know why I’m there or even that I’m there. 

“Publicly traded company” means ZERO. 

They claim they aren't but they are a public traded Company who's Drug testing is more advance then most sports had been including baseball. Vince simple said that to get away from certain lawsuits and all. Like it's stated WWE is a publicly traded company and when one of the big shots goes down like Roman it can effect stock that you or me can also buy into so based on that WWE should've been more fourth coming. Now If Roman was no longer able to wrestle and stock was up and they didn't mention it until long after that they've known for awhile WWE could get into a lot of trouble if that were the case. The problem here is WWE made the cancer with Roman sound like Roman would be out yrs not months and very life threatening. That effects stocks. There were no updates etc. 
Roman Reigns and other wrestlers are considered as - and treated like - independent contractors, not employees. 

No stockholder gives a rip about Reigns’ health. I’m pretty sure any stockholder is more worried about if the new SDL contract will increase the value of the stock. 

WWE being on the Stock market is no different then Apple. When Jobs got sick the company had to tell their stock holders and make it public how serious it could be as it could effect company revenue WWE was like it or Not possible losing their new face of the company so stock would go down. Lets put it this way if John Cena had left with TNA with Edge and Hunter WWE would've lost value and TNA would've gained more value by having that talent. When Hunter takes over for Vince after Mania the stock holders need to know the decision for the most part are going through Paul Levasque now not Vincent Kennedy McMahon. When WWE filed their SEC Taxes and all recently they had to file with Paul LeVasque AKA HHH as the top guy since Vince is spending more time with the XFL. When that becomes official WWE will have the come out publicly with that info. 

He knows a guy that helps when they come to philly 🙄
Know people in the business. Friends with Sandman from ECW as he lives in my area and we drink at the same bar, I know some talent at  ROH/CZW and other independents, the podcaster I listen to both he and his co host have sources for rumors and news they do a show on every Wednesday night. I'm also know Mike Bennet and know some of the trainers at the old ROH Dojo in Exton PA. So I happen to know quite a few. I also saw AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Daniel Bryan, and others wrestle before they got famous at ROH shows and other places. 

Roman Reigns and other wrestlers are considered as - and treated like - independent contractors, not employees. 

No stockholder gives a rip about Reigns’ health. I’m pretty sure any stockholder is more worried about if the new SDL contract will increase the value of the stock. 
They do when said Wrestlers are determined the face of the company. Stock holders and financial advisors need to see how that impacts company value. For instance when Paul takes over for Vince those stock holders and investors and public need to know that. 

WWE being on the Stock market is no different then Apple. When Jobs got sick the company had to tell their stock holders and make it public how serious it could be as it could effect company revenue WWE was like it or Not possible losing their new face of the company so stock would go down. Lets put it this way if John Cena had left with TNA with Edge and Hunter WWE would've lost value and TNA would've gained more value by having that talent. When Hunter takes over for Vince after Mania the stock holders need to know the decision for the most part are going through Paul Levasque now not Vincent Kennedy McMahon. When WWE filed their SEC Taxes and all recently they had to file with Paul LeVasque AKA HHH as the top guy since Vince is spending more time with the XFL. When that becomes official WWE will have the come out publicly with that info. 
Absent a clause in a wrestler's contract, he or she is not legally required to disclose health information 

Users who are viewing this thread