What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

WWE was gonna announce last night that Connor McGregor would be in Becky Lynch's corner for the Main Event at Mania as well as a contract with WWE. Apparently all 3 women would have a male counter part Becky/Connor, Charlotte/Ric, and Ronda/Travis Browne her husband. however Connor informed WWE around 7PM last night he was under investigation for Sexual Assault so WWE nixed the deal and the contract. Late last night Conor McGregor shockingly announced his retirement. There's speculation now with the SA investigation that Connor retired do to it. IMHO though Connor was retiring because he was about to sign with WWE which has been talked about internally between McGregor's camp and WWE officials namely Hunter for the last 2 or so yrs. The allegations of SA have been rumored for awhile and theres been speculation that Connor and UFC were far apart on a contract as he has wanted and said he wants partial ownership in the UFC

DJackson10 said:
So just as I heard last night The SD Women's belt wouldn't be defended at Mania and tonight Asuka loses the belt to Charlotte
What a joke.  Flair is one of those performers I can't stand to watch.  It's horrible how WWE has used Asuka, and even Nakamura.  They have both been relegated to C-level player status on the roster.  I was hoping Asuka would get a desired push when she won the title, but to job it over to Flair is ridiculous.

What a joke.  Flair is one of those performers I can't stand to watch.  It's horrible how WWE has used Asuka, and even Nakamura.  They have both been relegated to C-level player status on the roster.  I was hoping Asuka would get a desired push when she won the title, but to job it over to Flair is ridiculous.
Maybe they give Charlotte the win at Mania to unite the titles so now you have just one women's division for all of WWE. It goes along with having only one set of tag team titles. 

Becky needs to walk out of 'Mania with the belt. The place will have the roof blown off. 
Taking the title off Asuka means they had no plans for her at WM. Now, they can stick her in the women's battle royal and the title won't be defended at WM. As speculation, it could also mean Rousey is leaving for an extended period of time to start that family. Becky pins RR, wins the RAW women's belt while Charlotte returns to SD as their champ. I can't see them unifying the ladies titles, but...you...never...know.

Taking the title off Asuka means they had no plans for her at WM. Now, they can stick her in the women's battle royal and the title won't be defended at WM. As speculation, it could also mean Rousey is leaving for an extended period of time to start that family. Becky pins RR, wins the RAW women's belt while Charlotte returns to SD as their champ. I can't see them unifying the ladies titles, but...you...never...know.
I still can't see Ronda's ego letting her take the pin. Triple threat means she can drop the belt without eating a pin or tapping. I wouldn't be surprised if she decided to start a family after learning she'd lose at WM, and WWE deciding on the triple threat to appease her on the way out. 

This was a last min change, During the ESPN interview this Morning Becky was the Women's RR Winner, Ronda the Former UFC Women's champ and now current WWE Women's RAW Champ and the people on ESPN referent Charlotte as Ric's Daughter. Apparently that didn't go over well with Vince. There's also some reports WWE isn't thrilled with Naomi as she tried to make altered changes to the SDL Women's belt when she was the champ last year So she definitely wasn't winning. Would've been nice to see the Triple threat rumored between Asuka/Sonya/Mandy. Honestly I've never been impressed with any of Asuka's WWE work and I think her unfortunate lack of English is an issue for Vince for her as a Champ. At least Nakamura had some moments in NXT where Asuka was boringly booked as the female Goldberg which ruined a lot of storylines for her there and on the main roster. 

Also it's still not as bad as Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows jobbing to such a lesser talented tag team in the New Day Last night. I just wished they along with Finn and AJ go back to NJPW with the Bullet Club where they can all be appreciated for what they truly are talent wise. To make two of the original members of BC to job in such a bs stipulation for Kofi we all knew he was winning is just embarrassing. When they signed AJ and Gallows/Anderson I was fully expecting a Balor Club stable to form at some point but nope. These two should be one of your top Tag Teams along with the USOs, The Bar, The Revival and Mix in the Hardys. Until Ciampa got hurt DIY was suppose to be one of their top tag teams and Black/Ricochet is in their spot right now 

Last edited by a moderator:
I read she's only leaving for 3 or so months. Suppose to be back before SummerSlam. 

Maybe they give Charlotte the win at Mania to unite the titles so now you have just one women's division for all of WWE. It goes along with having only one set of tag team titles. 
Unfortunately thats what I've been hearing from my People that Charlotte could win the title at mania. I asked my One guy if Vince is ready for riot much bigger then the one The Dudley's created in ECW the one time with all the chairs in the ring if they don't let Becky win and he told me "Vince doesn't care about what the fans because he knows people will talk about Charlotte winning just as much if not more then if Becky wins the title at Mania. Fans talking and headlines created is ratings which is what VKM wants as it means more money."  This is the same guy who told me and then this was reported in Wrestling Inc last year that Hunter is not a fan of Lesnar and didn't want to resign him all but the final decision was Vince's. Hunter doesn't believe giving a bunch of big names like Goldberg and Brock who will only work 5 dates with in a 4 month time frame and only wrestle at a PPV is a good use of economic resources. Thinks that money given to those two guys could be used give more to the talent there weekly. The same guy said Finn Balor and KO are two of his guys and if Hunter were in charge already we'd have seen Finn with the IC and then a big run with the WWE Title already and KO involved and getting a title. He also said Hunter has interest in an NWO like faction led by Finn similar to Bullet Club with his former Stable guys I mentioned above. Hunter likes managers and stables and you are seeing pockets of that in NXT. I mean things change over time so when Hunter gains control with VKM away he may not be all about that but I do know Finn and KO are very much Hunter's guys. It's why when he came up he had a rocket shoved up his ### and made the first Universal champ. Unfortunately Balor got hurt during the title victory and there were big plans for him as champ. I think this is where they were gonna either turn him heel and form Balor club. which is where AJ and The Club would've came in at some point. 

I also got this news today but many knew she was pregnant

JoJo Offerman is pregnant. Father is Bray Wyatt and she’s a high risk. Noting both their absence. She’s due some point in May.

So for those wondering why Bray Wyatt is off TV it's because he knocked up JoJo who's a high risk pregnancy and she's due in May. There's no word on this other then that but WWE is allowing Bray as much time away as needed. If there's possible health risks for the child when born Bray could be off TV for much longer then what WWE usually gives for wrestlers out for child birth's and such. 

Also it's still not as bad as Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows jobbing to such a lesser talented tag team in the New Day Last night. I just wished they along with Finn and AJ go back to NJPW with the Bullet Club where they can all be appreciated for what they truly are talent wise. To make two of the original members of BC to job in such a bs stipulation for Kofi we all knew he was winning is just embarrassing. 
:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:    HOT TAKE!!!!  I mean, the crowd last night CLEARLY agreed with you, soooo quiet during that BS match you could hear a pin drop.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:    HOT TAKE!!!!  I mean, the crowd last night CLEARLY agreed with you, soooo quiet during that BS match you could hear a pin drop.
Because WWE has done everything they could to #### on those 2. Vince hates anyone who gets over else where. In fact Luke Gallows told a story that Vince didn't even realize Gallows was in WWE before. Like WTF? 

Undertaker is apparently not going to be at Mania. WWE is pissed at him for agreeing to appear at Starcade and for taking all menions of WWE off his social media. Vince removed him for his Mania pay day as punishment. This is being reported as well by Brad Shepherd and Meltzer and others. 

>thinking New Day is less talented than basically anyone
Lets be real Big E and Xavier are nothing without the New Day. Kofi has had some success on the man roster. People were pretty excited and he got a very nice pop when he won his first US Tittle. He and Evan Bourne as Air Bourne was fairly popular fan favorite. I just can't take Kofi seriously while he's still throwing pancakes around. He's a hell of a talent. But to think Anderson/Gallows should be stepping stones in WWE to this storyline is just bad. Unfortunately not all the WWE fans like or watch NJPW so they don't know who these two guys are. They are really popular in Japan and Machine Gun was a big favorite. WWE doesn't have to mention NJPW by name but they need to do a better job of giving wrestlers pub and showing who they are. Like most WWE fans aren't watching NXT like you me and others so they don't know who Asuka is. Do some promos and stuff introducing her to the fans and get the fans invested in these characters again 

JoJo Offerman is pregnant. Father is Bray Wyatt and she’s a high risk. Noting both their absence. She’s due some point in May.

So for those wondering why Bray Wyatt is off TV it's because he knocked up JoJo who's a high risk pregnancy and she's due in May. There's no word on this other then that but WWE is allowing Bray as much time away as needed. If there's possible health risks for the child when born Bray could be off TV for much longer then what WWE usually gives for wrestlers out for child birth's and such. 
Maybe family life will suit Bray the second time around... :whistle:

DJackson10 said:
Undertaker is apparently not going to be at Mania. WWE is pissed at him for agreeing to appear at Starcade and for taking all menions of WWE off his social media. Vince removed him for his Mania pay day as punishment. This is being reported as well by Brad Shepherd and Meltzer and others. 
I’d heard that Vince wouldn’t let Taker wrestle at Mania this year because he doesn’t have it anymore and Vince wants him to hang it up before he ruins his legacy.

I’d heard that Vince wouldn’t let Taker wrestle at Mania this year because he doesn’t have it anymore and Vince wants him to hang it up before he ruins his legacy.
Nope he's pissed about wrestling access event he's going to the same week in the same area as Double or Nothing. Undertaker is gonna be confirmed for the Saudi Blood Money PPV. VKM has too much respect for him to tell him when to hang em up as too. It's more of it's his decision 

per Wrestling Observer

HHH says they knew Ciampa's neck surgery was a necessity prior to the callup, but wanted to get him some main roster experience. The injury went from something manageable to a risk they didn't want to take. ^JN

New rumor Former WWE Tag champ Nicholas could be in the Andre The Giant Battle Royal Memorial (Say that 10Xs fast) and even win it 

A copy of a 1986 match between Bret Hart and Tom Magee may have been found.

First, some backstory. Tom Magee — a former powerlifter from Winnipeg — met Vince McMahon in the 80s and the WWE exec allegedly saw him as the heir apparent to Hulk Hogan.

The legend goes Vince had Bret Hart work a match with Magee that was excellent, which caused McMahon to become even more excited about Magee’s prospects. However, Magee’s wrestling career never truly took off … because he wasn’t very good.

The aforementioned match was apparently recorded, but WWE has never officially released it, and all copies were thought to be completely lost … until now.

Last night on Twitter, a woman who had previously worked with Bret to convert footage for his archives shared an image of a tape she recently discovered amongst a collection of cassettes labeled “Bret vs. Tom McGhee.”

My theory as to why Charlotte won the title, is to make her look "strong" after taking the loss at mania. She'll still have heat from being given title shots even after losing for the majority of the year.

Which would take away from Becky's win because the real payoff is Becky tapping Ronda out. 

Bishop said:
My theory as to why Charlotte won the title, is to make her look "strong" after taking the loss at mania. She'll still have heat from being given title shots even after losing for the majority of the year.

Which would take away from Becky's win because the real payoff is Becky tapping Ronda out. 
I won't say it's a bad theory but reading up on it, it sounds more like WWE was upset about how ESPN portrayed Charlotte as only Ric's daughter and not saying she was a 7 times WWE women's champ while Ronda was Former UFC Women's Bantom Champ and current RAW Women's champ and Becky was the RR winner and other accolades. Vince was not happy about that as Charlotte is his female Roman. There's also been some talk of Unifying the titles like the tag Women titles are held by one team but defended on all brands. Problem with that though is I heard they want Charlotte to win at Mania. 

I've also seen reports and heard from a few people WWE wants to plan Becky vs Steph at SummerSlam so don't rule out Steph trying to screw over Becky in the match or in the near future. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see all 3 babyfaces winning the title at Mania, so my question to you lot is... Between Seth, Becky and Kofi, who wins titles at Mania?

I see Becky with the best odds of winning the title and sadly Kofi with the worst odds.

I don't see all 3 babyfaces winning the title at Mania, so my question to you lot is... Between Seth, Becky and Kofi, who wins titles at Mania?

I see Becky with the best odds of winning the title and sadly Kofi with the worst odds.
Are we sure Kofi's going to be in a title match?  Vince said that if the New Day won their gauntlet matches, Kofi would go to WM, but he didn't say to face Daniel for the title.

Are we sure Kofi's going to be in a title match?  Vince said that if the New Day won their gauntlet matches, Kofi would go to WM, but he didn't say to face Daniel for the title.
I thought he did at the end of SD last week...can a b plus player beat Daniel Bryan for the wwe title? Essentially what Vince said before getting in the limo

coyote5 said:
I thought he did at the end of SD last week...can a b plus player beat Daniel Bryan for the wwe title? Essentially what Vince said before getting in the limo
But he didn't actually say that Kofi would get a chance to try. Vince does this kind of thing a lot. 

Kofi is winning the title at Mania. Their commentary has subtly tilted this feud between Kofi and Vince toward race ("work twice as hard to get half as far").

Right now I think everyone goes home happy.

Chances from best to worst IMO:

1. Becky - the crowd (if they're still awake at 12:30 AM) may well riot if she doesn't;

2. Kofi - this story is similar to DB's 5 years ago. I could see them turning the story around on him to make perfect symmetry;

3. Rollins - no chance he's going over. None.

Good heavens! If Steph screws Becky out of the title there just may be a riot.
That's what I've been saying but based on some of the stuff going on and what I heard it sounds like Charlotte could win the title and be double champ. I've been hearing Charlotte could win the last few weeks now. In Vince's eyes she's his female version of Roman Reigns. 

Cornette called it the best piece of journalism on the business by outside media.
I take Cornette's opinions with a grain of salt. He's like the saying opinions are like #######s. Everyone has one. The dude has been irrelevant for yrs. Talked #### on the podcaster I listened to after the dude tried to get him on his show for an interview for the Santino fight and whipping his member out in front of the audience. It was nothing more then a "hey I've love for you to come on my show and talk about what happened. You can tell me before hand what is off limits as well questions wise" type comment and Cornette went on a rant on his podcast about him. 

I must be the only person who could not care less about Kofi. Doesn't interest me at all.

I love the womens match and I hope Seth goes over Brock. 

That's what I've been saying but based on some of the stuff going on and what I heard it sounds like Charlotte could win the title and be double champ. I've been hearing Charlotte could win the last few weeks now. In Vince's eyes she's his female version of Roman Reigns. 
Minor irk for me, but did anyone else notice that about 2 weeks after Becky started making some noise for herself in her leather jacket and tank tops, that Charlotte suddenly dropped the flamboyant feathered robes for a leather jacket and tank top?  It's like Vince saw something work for someone else and said, "Put Charlotte in that!  It will work!!"  Now they're thinking of/going to put both belts on Charlotte?  What a waste.  I get that WWE may want to unify titles after WM, maybe get away from the brand split.  But Charlotte?  Ugh.  No thanks.

Minor irk for me, but did anyone else notice that about 2 weeks after Becky started making some noise for herself in her leather jacket and tank tops, that Charlotte suddenly dropped the flamboyant feathered robes for a leather jacket and tank top?  It's like Vince saw something work for someone else and said, "Put Charlotte in that!  It will work!!"  Now they're thinking of/going to put both belts on Charlotte?  What a waste.  I get that WWE may want to unify titles after WM, maybe get away from the brand split.  But Charlotte?  Ugh.  No thanks.
They've been doing that since the start. When Becky started with the Whole Man Gimmick. The original plan for the storyline feud was to have Charlotte face and Becky Heel as like I said Vince has Flair as his female version of Roman. Well Becky and the fans wouldn't allow it so Becky became more of a tweaner for a bit. Then When Becky Got injured Flair started wearing the all black and everything. This was actually all brought up when it first started the very night Flair started this crap on the podcast I listen too as well. 

I've already said numerous times but the podcaster I listen too did an interview with a former creative member who said Vince hates seeing people get over on their own among many other things. He also insinuated that someone in Create really was a big Alexa Bliss fan and tried to say without saying it she was banging someone in creative which is why she was getting so over by the time she got to the main roster. Vince hates anyone who gets over on their own now and if it's not what he wants he tries everything to bury them. Daniel Bryan, Rusev Day, Punk etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread