What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Rather than waste time write up a RAW preview each week, I think all of these wrestling websites should just do this:

3 hours and 50 minutes of random, head-scratching, recycled crap

Firefly Fun House

Rather than waste time write up a RAW preview each week, I think all of these wrestling websites should just do this:

3 hours and 50 minutes of random, head-scratching, recycled crap

Firefly Fun House
Quick RAW review. Don't watch we'll just write what happened for you give the good parts to skip over too. 30 mins of Wrestling maybe for a 3 hr show. 

Also tweets from a WWE employee on Saudi Trip. Basically it wasn't good

https://twitter.com/TheBradShepard/status/1138120593218449409

AEW Fyter Fest will stream for FREE!!!!!

The following matches have been announced for AEW Fyter Fest:

Hardcore Match
Jebailey vs. Michael Nakazawa

The Elite (The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega) vs. Rey Fenix, Pentagon Jr. and a mystery partner

Cody Rhodes vs. Darby Allin

Jon Moxley's AEW in-ring debut vs. Joey Janela

"Hangman" Adam Page vs. MJF vs Jungle Boy vs. Jimmy Havoc

Last edited by a moderator:
I started listening to the Grilling JR podcast about King of the Ring '98 in Pittsburgh. Conrad and JR are talking about how iconic his call of the HIAC match was.

JR tells the story of a man and his son in line behind him in line at the airport. The man starts whispering all the calls in JR's ear. :lol:   JR is going to turn around and politely ask the man what his problem is, but then sees the 12-year old boy. The boy says, "Sorry, JR, my dad uses your calls from that match in conversation every day and my mom HATES it!" :lmao:

I started listening to the Grilling JR podcast about King of the Ring '98 in Pittsburgh. Conrad and JR are talking about how iconic his call of the HIAC match was.

JR tells the story of a man and his son in line behind him in line at the airport. The man starts whispering all the calls in JR's ear. :lol:   JR is going to turn around and politely ask the man what his problem is, but then sees the 12-year old boy. The boy says, "Sorry, JR, my dad uses your calls from that match in conversation every day and my mom HATES it!" :lmao:
JR told that story on Talk is Jericho during the Cruise last year 

Balor v. Nakamura in dark match for the IC title AFTER 205 Live

We couldn't carve out 10-12 minutes for this instead of more Shane O'Mac self-stroking promos? :loco:
Because the McMahons need to feed their egos. What happened to us the Fans being in charge? It's sad how much they've tried to get Roman over. Putting him in Sheild, Having the USO's tag with him, beating Taker/Lesnar, Bryan shaking his hand at Fastlane, Both Cena and Rock raising his hand like a torch passing, Reunitting the Sheild, Calling out Lesnar and letting him go off script (Oh Roman can curse), muting Booing by Fans and popping in cheers, etc etc. It's embarrassing at this point. 

According to Meltzer the WWE is trying to get wrestlers not to leave by using an old take they used when Codi left. Basically telling people if you aren't in WWE you arena wrestler who MADE it among other things. They'll be doing more of this advertising with shows and fans too. By Embarrassing local talent enhancements and other things. WWE really is petty like I said. 

I didn't have anyone source wise working Saudi show but as people come home well rumors and such all tend to start. The Story of Goldberg/Taker fight seems true 

"both Taker and Goldberg accused each other of botching and being unsafe claiming One save the other of serious injury. Some wrestlers had to come in and step in what it is called an out of character Taker going bananas on Goldberg and an out of character Goldberg going bananas on Taker Senior officials also stepped in and finally diffused the situation. It is believed that Taker took a ride back home on Lesnars private jet."
MORE DETAILS ON BACKSTAGE INCIDENT BETWEEN UNDERTAKER & GOLDBERG AFTER WWE SUPER SHOWDOWN

As we noted after WWE Super ShowDown 2019 went off the air, The Undertaker and Goldberg got in a ‘shouting match’ backstage.

Brad Shepard has now released more information regarding this backstage incident and you can read it below:

“Details on the backstage incident between Goldberg and The Undertaker as I exclusively reported on Twitter — Goldberg and Undertaker got in a shouting match in Gorilla after their match at Super ShowDown. Well, the incident was described to me as as ‘huge shouting match with each Superstar accusing the other of being unsafe.’ WWE officials intervened and the incident was described as out of character for both men.

Interestingly enough — and I have not been able to confirm this with two sources for full disclosure, but one source did say that they believe The Undertaker flew home on Brock Lesnar’s private jet.”

:thumbup:

I think brad and I having similar sources. 

According to Brad Shepard, Goldberg got most of the blame for this as the belief is that the match would’ve went according to plan had Goldberg not got knocked out during the match.

Also, people backstage in WWE were wondering why the match wasn’t booked as a simple 3-5 minute explosive match (similar to Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg at WrestleMania 33).

As we noted before, Goldberg vs. The Undertaker lasted for almost 10 minutes and it probably would’ve went longer, but Taker decided to go for the finish before something else happened.

Found out a little more about the ROH situation @Tom Servo if you and others are interested. I talked to my co worker who works for WWE part time and asked what they were doing taking measures etc to combat what happened with Wrestling fan incidents. He mentioned the typical what WWE is gonna do possible not having fans attending the HOF ceremony which has been rumored. However he did say a few former ROH Alumni and WWE people wrestlers and agents etc talked to Bully and others at ROH. I then talked to a buddy of mine who worked ROH when they exclusively were in Philly I became friends with who no longer works for them but keeps in touch with people. I usually don't mention stuff from him as it's kind of useless info I do get and no one seems terrible interested. Apparently ROH and Bully didn't realize the extent and how terrible this guy was to the talent until either after letting him back or after the show. I also contacted numerous people on twitter who said they were at the show confirming video wise they were there with a ticket too. They all said the guy was rude and obnoxious basically tried to take away from the talent and make the show about him. Many said he was lucky not to be kicked out. I was not privy to what this guy said but it involved a lot of sexual harassment of The Allure among crossing the line on several occcsssions involving wrestlers family an stuff. This guy was at a show the next night and was a bit more calm but still out of control. Most of the talent ignnored him the second night. Security was told first night several occasions from fans I spoke to but did nothing calling it him being a fan and brushing it off. I was told Bully Ray didn't do anything to harm or threaten the fan. It was more of a father son teaching moment. Hey don't be a d-bag and cross that line from being a fan go enjoy the show. He apparently does Tech reviews and some feel he overblew the situation for more follows nothing more. 

Overall it sounds more like had security done it's job this situation could've been handled much better. Unfortunate situation and some ####### decided to make the show about him. 

Heard this myself but Meltzer reported that many WWE wrestlers especially the mid and lower card members have reached out to AEW. You wouldn't believe the amount of wrestlers who have reached out. 

DJackson10 said:
Heard this myself but Meltzer reported that many WWE wrestlers especially the mid and lower card members have reached out to AEW. You wouldn't believe the amount of wrestlers who have reached out. 
IIRC, Cody and Jericho have said they'd only take 6-8 people from the E. 

On the level, it's a buyers market for AEW; they can pick and choose who they want. For example, there's no Strowman-sized monster on the roster. Either that's a hole they're trying to fill or it's a wrestler type they don't want. IMO, the type of wrestler they're looking for has to have something more than "I don't want to work for Vince anymore". They're going to have to bring SOMETHING more to the table. Are there more Moxley types in the E who can up their game like he did?  If there are, I suspect Cody and the gang will take them.  Otherwise, forget it.

Last edited by a moderator:

On the level, it's a buyers market for AEW; they can pick and choose who they want. For example, there's no Strowman-sized monster on the roster. Either that's a hole they're trying to fill or it's a wrestler type they don't want. IMO, the type of wrestler they're looking for has to have something more than "I don't want to work for Vince anymore". They're going to have to bring SOMETHING more to the table. Are there more Moxley types in the E who can up their game like he did?  If there are, I suspect Cody and the gang will take them.  Otherwise, forget it.
I'm kind of hoping Bo Dallas moves on.  Thought that guy was pretty money when he first came up.......

I don't see Moxley Talent but there are talent. Rumor is Bennet resigned with The E which I don't get. He'd have been good. Drew McIntyre is the closes thing to Moxley but better overall talent.  I can See Gallows/Anderson just going back to Japan as they as best friends with Tama and Fale. I don't see them in AEW because of the whole Bullet Club vs Elite thing. Alexander. The Revival, War Machine, Zayn, Joe, RR, Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot, Sasha, Cesaro on Raw

SDL, English, Black would be a big signing, Buddy Murphy, Ali, Kofi, Finn (same issue as Anderson/Gallows goes to NJPW if he ever left), Gable, Axel, Bryan, Ziggler, Harper, Rowan, Hardy, Rusev, Nakamura, Sheamus, Benjamin, Sane, Mickie, Lana W/Rusev, Sonya Zelina Vega

205 Live Tozowa, Daivari, Nease, Gulak. 

Alll these people I can see AEW being interested in. Some aren't great mic guys but many of them have a good work rate and if let go and allowed to be ones self could be successful in the Indies.  

Tom Servo said:
What was said I haven't seen anything because the typical "main stream" IWC dirt sheets haven't said anything. I've noticed some of the smaller ones have stopped quoting Wrestlevotes. They literally blocked me plus one of my sources on twitter after we called them out on some bull#### because the timeline for something they had put out was proven wrong factually with proof of social media accounts and other stuff. I'm sure whatever he/she/it is reporting is their typical bull####. They also just blocked me and my buddy without even responding to any tweets or direct messages. This was after we posted proof of what happened 

So 2 things

"Being told that wwe deliberately had Moxley work until the end. Vince was not thinking he was going to AEW but he did it in case he did go there the people that wanted to see more of him came to the network looking. So those $500 paid off after all Vince was in fact furious that Moxley did ended up going to AEW in a lie to them, but at the end the plan b was to create buzz in the network if he did went there"

Also Batista will most likely Headline Next Years WWE HOF

"Batista is a lock and will headline class of 2020 hall of fame... source confirmed. Had to do it now due to his busy Hollywood schedule."

Word is a lot of talent is upset backstage and want to leave. Making things worse are the rumors of Shane McMahon getting the WWE or Universal title. There are some upset Shane has more TV time then anyone while others who have been there for awhile have yet to receive any type of title oppurtunity and both Raw and SDL are consumed with the Shane O Mac show 

Why is NXT and UK so much better then the Main Roster? I've literally stopped watching RAW/Smackdown its so bad and waste of time. 

NXT is having a Tourney 8 men from PC winner gets to choose title of their choosing to fight for. Trevor Lee, Gunner, Sam Shaw, Scot Strickand, DJ Z and Hector Garza are the main guys most hear will know. Many have new names 

NXT is having a Tourney 8 men from PC winner gets to choose title of their choosing to fight for. Trevor Lee, Gunner, Sam Shaw, Scot Strickand, DJ Z and Hector Garza are the main guys most hear will know. Many have new names 
DJZ wrestled the indy scene and Impact as Zima Ion back in the day. Talented guy.

Scot Strickland I'm guessing is actually Shane Strickland now wrestling as Isaiah Scott. Another guy that is always the most talented guy on the indie card.

From a tweet I saw:

Nikki Bella has confirmed she has a cyst on her brain and has herniated another disc. She announced she is done with in-ring competition.

AEW liked my Facebook comment on Wrestlinginc Facebook comments. I just said I heard WWE is already PO'd at Austin for hosting Moxley in AEW (Tagged AEW not realizing it) and could be petty and not allow him to had WWE talent on his show like they did to Jericho 

Users who are viewing this thread