What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

What was the purpose of the Strowman vs guy that lost a bet match?  

If that woman I've never heard of wanted to just throw the 24/7 belt into the trash can, why would million dollar Ted offer her any money?  Why not just take it out of the trash?  Didn't seem like a smart financial transaction imo.   

Dolf Ziggler... why?  I mean, why does he still get air time?  Just one of VKM's favorites over the years?  

I still think someone should just embrace the "what" chant and go with it.  Every arena seems to want to shout it no matter where they are.  Just won't go away. 

Kevin Owens seems to be trying the Stone Cold approach lately with the I don't care/mgmt can suckit attitude.  He's even using the stunner now.  Hey, it worked for Becky Lynch.  Why not give it a shot? 

If that woman I've never heard of wanted to just throw the 24/7 belt into the trash can, why would million dollar Ted offer her any money?  Why not just take it out of the trash?  Didn't seem like a smart financial transaction imo.   
The woman was Alundra Blaze. She won the women's title back in the day and then went to WCW. She took the title with her and threw it in the trash on TV. That was what led Vince to screwing Bret out of the title when he was leaving for WCW because he didn't want to risk a repeat. 

DiBiase once got Andre the Giant to beat Hogan for the Heavyweight belt and then bought the title from Andre. 

Basically the bit was a call back to two famous incidents in the past that you didn't pick up on. 

bcdjr1 said:
The woman was Alundra Blaze. She won the women's title back in the day and then went to WCW. She took the title with her and threw it in the trash on TV. That was what led Vince to screwing Bret out of the title when he was leaving for WCW because he didn't want to risk a repeat. 

DiBiase once got Andre the Giant to beat Hogan for the Heavyweight belt and then bought the title from Andre. 

Basically the bit was a call back to two famous incidents in the past that you didn't pick up on. 
Ah, thanks.  Didn't know that so I missed the references.  

bcdjr1 said:

I don't think 90% of the crowd did either. 

I don't think 90% of the crowd did either. 
:goodposting: I think that crowd that watched back then has long moved on from wrestling. 

What these reunion shows show are how inferior today's talent is. They simply arent stars. Austin cut a better promo -- at 50-something and having not been in front of a live audience in year(s) -- than anyone on the current roster. Then you see Seth Rollins cutting what he did....ouch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayrok said:
What was the purpose of the Strowman vs guy that lost a bet match?  

Dolf Ziggler... why?  I mean, why does he still get air time?  Just one of VKM's favorites over the years?  
Don't care about that woman. Kelly Kelly looked amazing (great camera shot) and Candice Michelle was rocking that bodysuit I thought. 

Don't care about that woman. Kelly Kelly looked amazing (great camera shot) and Candice Michelle was rocking that bodysuit I thought. 
She's a WWE Hall of Famer and former Women's champion and noted monster truck racer.  You don't get KK, CM and the current bunch of lady stars without Medusa/Alundra Blayze.

She's a WWE Hall of Famer and former Women's champion and noted monster truck racer.  You don't get KK, CM and the current bunch of lady stars without Medusa/Alundra Blayze.
Yep, Madusa Miceli was the first American woman to go over to Japan, compete in the Japanese women’s style (joshi poreresu), and then bring that more athletic move oriented style back to America with matches against Bull Nakano.

Before Madusa American female matches were almost always kick, punch, hair pull Fabulous Moolah style matches with the exception of a handful of the (Japanese) Jumping Bomb Angels matches in the 80s WWF.

Plus, Tony Schiavone still wants to bone her.

Last edited by a moderator:
:o  I thought he had the hots for Francine.  Please tell me there's a story here.
Tony would probably still have Francine as his top seed, but he’s been known to fawn over Madusa in a similar fashion.  So no back story, just nearly thirty years of pent-up sexual frustration.

A couple of thoughts here:

- Francine always looked like a painfully thin cracked-out prostitute to me, but to each their own.

- It’s shocking that Madusa was with Greg Valentine for awhile because Madusa is attractive and The Hammer always looked like a trailer park lesbian.

:goodposting: I think that crowd that watched back then has long moved on from wrestling. 

What these reunion shows show are how inferior today's talent is. They simply arent stars. Austin cut a better promo -- at 50-something and having not been in front of a live audience in year(s) -- than anyone on the current roster. Then you see Seth Rollins cutting what he did....ouch. 
One of the reasons the promo's suck is it's pre written by some hack Hollywood script writer. I went over this and put out a report from somewhat who called into the wrestlinginc post raw show a few months back on this. Wrestlers aren't able to do things on their own. The promos are fake and not able feel out emotion or touch the audience because they don't. Back in the day the only script guys read was maybe Bullet Points they wrote on their hand or a small index card. I did this sort of thing when giving presentations at school because I hated going off a script unless I was doing a power point Presentation. Just putting in bullet points helped it flow more and I didn't have to remember lines. Just needed to remember the info that was needed and form words that made it sound interesting and understandable. Moxley and Punk and other former WWE talent have said as much about Promo's being forced and not from the heart. Some stranger is writing their #### for them who know nothing about them or how they feel. I think we can blame Vince's Micro managing but also the PC culture and PG era for a lot of this. WWE was afraid of talent going off script and saying something inappropriate that could hurt WWE. 

Go watch Moxley's post match comments the wrestler who wins the Main Event in NJPW does a little in ring promo. Usually thanking the fans for being there and a little something about what's going on in their storylines. Best Moxley promo in years. Only time you really ever see better promos in WWE is on NXT and NXTUK as Hunter lets them run a bit with their own stuff. 

From Twitter

The ratings grab worked, first time in a long time #WWE #RAW cracked 3 million Live TV viewers: Hr 1 - 3.02 Hr 2 - 3.18 Hr 3 - 3.08 Avg - 3.09 million Most Watched on YT: Austin/Hogan - 1.6 million DX/The Kliq - 1.6 million John Cena - 952k

WWE and Trump talks for Smackdown are progressing. WWE initially shot down Brad Shepperd's report on this but it looks like it's true

AEW will start OCt 2 Wednesday at 8pm-10PM

TNT Premieres All Elite Wrestling's Live Weekly Matches on Wednesdays Beginning October 2

July 24, 2019 – WarnerMedia announced today that the new professional wrestling league All Elite Wrestling (AEW) will begin airing its two-hour weekly matches on TNT on Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 8 p.m. ET to 10 p.m. ET. The highly-anticipated, action-packed matches will take place in different cities across the nation each week on Wednesdays, starting in Washington, D.C., at the famed Capital One Arena. Ticket pricing and on-sale date for the televised live event will be announced on Monday, July 29, at 12 p.m. ET via AEW's social media platforms.

AEW features a world-class roster of diverse male and female wrestlers, giving fans a new wrestling experience for the first time in 20 years. Founded by President and CEO Tony Khan, AEW is headlined by Cody & Brandi Rhodes, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), Kenny Omega, Hangman Adam Page, Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley. The roster is also filled with incredibly skilled competitors including Nyla Rose, Awesome Kong, Dustin Rhodes, Jungle Boy, Dr. Britt Baker, MJF and SCU. In addition to being in-ring talent, Cody, The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega also serve as EVPs with Brandi Rhodes serving as Chief Brand Officer. Renowned commentator Jim Ross has also joined the league.

Focused on fast-paced, high-impact competitions, AEW offers fans more athleticism along with real sports analytics. Wrestlers are also given freedom to explore their characters and highlight their athletic abilities. Introducing statistics to wrestling for the first time ever, AEWwill raise the stakes for its matches and deepen fan engagement by tracking each competitor's wins and losses as wrestlers pursue championships. Their moves and damage to their opponents will also be analyzed on-air to provide insights into their winning streaks.

WarnerMedia has been offering fans exclusive access to AEW's previous matches that kicked off in May. Their extremely popular events DOUBLE OR NOTHING, FYTER FEST and FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN were all streamed on B/R Live. The highly anticipated ALL OUT event in Chicago on Saturday, Aug. 31, will also stream on the platform. B/R Live's high fan engagement provides an invaluable opportunity to build AEW's audience and maximize its viewership.

The current official AEW roster of male wrestlers, female wrestlers, coaches, referees and broadcast team members looks like this:

COACHES:
* Billy Gunn
* Jerry Lynn

BROADCAST TEAM:
* Alex Marvez
* Excalibur
* Jim Ross
* Justin Roberts

REFEREES:
* Aubrey Edwards
* Bryce Remsburg
* Earl Hebner
* Paul Turner
* Rick Knox

WOMEN'S DIVISION:
* Allie
* Awesome Kong
* Bea Priestley
* Brandi Rhodes
* Britt Baker
* Hikaru Shida
* Kylie Rae
* Leva Bates
* Nyla Rose
* Penelope Ford
* Sadie Gibbs

MEN'S DIVISION:
* Adam Page
* Angelico
* Brandon Cutler
* Chris Jericho
* Christopher Daniels (of SoCal Uncensored)
* Chuck Taylor (of Best Friends)
* Cima
* Cody Rhodes
* Darby Allin
* Dustin Rhodes
* Evil Uno (of Dark Order)
* Fenix (of Lucha Brothers)
* Frankie Kazarian (of SoCal Uncensored)
* Isiah Kassidy (of Private Party)
* Jack Evans
* Jimmy Havoc
* Joey Janela
* Jon Moxley
* Jungle Boy
* Kenny Omega
* Kip Sabian
* Luchasaurus
* Marq Quen (of Private Party)
* Matt Jackson (of The Young Bucks)
* MJF
* Michael Nakazawa
* Nick Jackson (of The Young Bucks)
* Pac
* Pengaton Jr. (of Lucha Brothers)
* Peter Avalon
* Sammy Guevara
* Scorpio Sky (of SoCal Uncensored)
* Shawn Spears
* Sonny Kiss
* Stu Grayson (of Dark Order)
* Trent (of Best Friends)

Balor is only taking one month off

More

Brad Shepard Retweeted Brad Shepard

To follow up on this, I’m told Finn Balor is already home taking his scheduled time off and will return at the go-home #RAW for #WWE SummerSlam (which would be about a month off, as I originally reported).
Solid reporting here. 

WOMEN'S DIVISION:
* Allie
* Awesome Kong
* Bea Priestley
* Brandi Rhodes
* Britt Baker
* Hikaru Shida
* Kylie Rae
* Leva Bates
* Nyla Rose
* Penelope Ford
* Sadie Gibbs
Sources I've read said that Britt Baker :wub:  will be pushed hard in this division. The Punxutawney native could end up the first AEW Women's champion.

Remember when I reported back last November about Jimmy USO and Naomi having marital issues? per Brad Sheppard

According to a source in #WWE, Jimmy Uso is currently expected to take an Alicia Fox-esque break. If not now, then after SummerSlam. I’m told there’s a concern that his behavior could cost him to lose everything, including his marriage to WWE Superstar Naomi.

AEW will have 51 live tapings with another 100 plus Live events. Top starts will only work 75 events each year. 4 PPV minimum. 

Santino was a big ##### backstage but more NXT is cool. Only issue don't know many great Canadian Wresters these days up and coming who'd do well. Would WWE at some point sign MLW's New Hart Foundation to help? 

There has been at least some talk of launching a new WWE NXT Canada brand, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

There aren't many details known about the potential NXT Canada brand, but word is that former WWE Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella could be involved.

WWE will reportedly hold a tryouts camp from Wednesday, August 7 through Friday, August 9 at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, at the beginning of SummerSlam Week in nearby Toronto.

These tryouts are held in Santino's home city, where he runs his Battle Arts Academy and Battle Arts Pro Wrestling indie promotion from, but they are not being held at his facilities. These are the first WWE tryouts taking place in Canada as the company usually brings Canadian talents to their tryouts in Orlando at the WWE Performance Center.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There's some rumors Daniel Bryan's career altering decision is him going to 205 live and working with talent there to get them over and get better ratings. However talking to people I know that seems pretty false. There's talk with WWE new direction and rebranding in the fall that 205 with cease existence. There's rumors the 205 lives will be put on RAW or Smackdown but the most legs right now seems be the fact that 205 Live roster will merge with NXT and NXT UK. The Bryan to 205 is false as if WWE is thinking about getting rid of 205 live it makes zero sense to try an get ratings on a show they are gonna eventually get rid of 

WWE New Features update

Teagan Nox came back for the first time in almost a year from her ACL Injury at an NXT Live event

Also Saudi Arabia officials are continuing to ask for wrestlers who are dead. They've asked for Andre, Macho, Eddie, Beniot, etc. This is not a joke. 

Hunter also met with Dragon Gate wrestling on the recent Japan trip 

Triple H reportedly met with officials from the Dragon Gate wrestling promotion while WWE was recently in Japan, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

There's no word yet on how the talks with Dragon Gate went, but WWE officials have also met with officials from the Stardom promotion. It looks like WWE could be looking at potential working relationships with the top Japanese promotions, which shows that Japan is a big target for WWE.

The Observer also noted that Australia is a major target market for WWE right now as the have been actively recruiting the top wrestlers from there.

In other WWE news from Japan, it was announced this week by the WWE Japan website that the company has donated 193,947 Yen (around $1,400) to the Yoshihiro Takayama 'TAKAYAMANIA' Foundation. WWE allowed fans to make donations while they were recently in Tokyo, and this is where the money came from. 

The 52 year old Takayama was paralyzed from the neck down after suffering an injury in May 2017 while wrestling for the DDT promotion in Osaka. The foundation was created to assist him and his family. DDT and other Japanese promotions have similar donation boxes at their events, and Takayama merchandise is sold. You can find more details on the WWE Japan website.

@Brad Sheppard

In an update to the Donald Trump/#SDLive/Fox story, a source in #WWE told me the Trump team and an envoy of #WWE names will be meeting in September, along with folks at Fox. I didn’t ask WWE for comment because they’ve already denied this story (but they know how to reach me).

DJackson10 said:
WWE New Features update

Teagan Nox came back for the first time in almost a year from her ACL Injury at an NXT Live event

Also Saudi Arabia officials are continuing to ask for wrestlers who are dead. They've asked for Andre, Macho, Eddie, Beniot, etc. This is not a joke. 

Hunter also met with Dragon Gate wrestling on the recent Japan trip 

Triple H reportedly met with officials from the Dragon Gate wrestling promotion while WWE was recently in Japan, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

There's no word yet on how the talks with Dragon Gate went, but WWE officials have also met with officials from the Stardom promotion. It looks like WWE could be looking at potential working relationships with the top Japanese promotions, which shows that Japan is a big target for WWE.

The Observer also noted that Australia is a major target market for WWE right now as the have been actively recruiting the top wrestlers from there.
This is the 80s all over again, except now Vince is trying to lockdown the world with crappy wrestling. 

Per Brad Shepperd 

According to a source in #WWE, the company keeps rescheduling #SDLive segments to #RAW thinking it will help ratings. There are quite a few #SDLive talents backstage today - the source referred to the wild card rule as “bullsh*t.”

I didn't see or realize this until going through Robbie Eagles Twitter but the second night after the initial SuperShow in Australia Eagles was in a tag match with Jay White, Fale etc. White lost another ME 2 nights in a row. Robbie Eagles then turned on Bullet Club and is now With C.H.A.O.S with his buddy Will Osprey and Okada. I'll let the article give the rest of the story but this was one of the best storylines in NJPW over the last year. Nothing in WWE even comes close to this. You use history from the two in other promotions and you go with it and an actual friendship. Osprey invites Eagles to Japan only for Eagles to come to Japan and join The BC OG's. BC brings in ELP and things get complicated for Eagles where people question his loyalty to BC all while trying to keep a friendship with Osprey. There's a boiling point and what better way for this Story to reach one of the climax's then Eagles home country of Australia

Robbie Eagles Turns on Bullet Club

So, the 48/7, 24/7 European TV title was on the line last night on RAW. I thought it was a great idea to have it in the ring in front of everyone to jerk the curtain. The mix tag part of it was meh but since the four have been working this together it made sense.  The mosh pit and suspending the 24/7 rule for the length of the match? Also good.

The match ends and Truth gets jumped and pig piled. At this point, I'm expected the refs to sort out the pile NFL style after a fumble. Instead, Mike Kannelis exits the pile with the belt. OK, I'm good with this. He runs and hides in the official's room. The bit with asking Maria if she's Carmella pretending to be Maria was good too.  Then, we get the intersection of the 24/7 title with the Mike humiliation angle. :yucky:

She forces him to lay down for her so she can claim the title for herself. Afterwards, she goes out into the hallway yelling PREGNANT CHAMPION!! As if that weren't bad enough, she mentions she has an OB/GYN appointment for Thursday, so if anyone wants to pin her while she's lying on her back with her feet in stirrups, feel free. :yucky:

First off, her baby is about the size of a peanut at this point. And, unless she's having a pap smear, there's no reason for her to be having that kind of visit this early in her pregnancy.  Watching this, I could only hear Vince saying, "AW, THIS IS SUCH GOOD S--T!!!"  :X :X :X

Users who are viewing this thread