Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

7 minutes ago, Payne said:

Burying Finn.....not a fan

He's leaving for a month asked for time off to recharge. Speculation he could join the OC on his return 

WWE is racist against Hispanics. It's always the Spanish announce table that gets destroyed. SpainishAnnounceTableLivesMatter yo 

Oh the C*** is back as Champion. 

SS wasn't totally awful it was pretty decent and it wasn't as long as I figured it might be. Some decent matches but nothing really I would say watch again match wise. Only reason I'd watch any of this PPV again is do to all the buffering problems I and Many others had 

SummerScam still didn't Beat takeover. A lot of people weren't happy with Takeover but I thought it was great where the last Takeover people drooled over I didn't think was as good. SS was still fairly enjoyable despite the WTF moments still 

O/U how long it takes Vince to #### over the Fiend Character? 

11 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Bray 10/10

Brock-Seth, Io-Candice and Trish-Charlotte were matches of the weekend

Thought Seth-Brock was So so an Trish/Charlotte was trash. I like Shiria and Candice but I thought Cole/Gargano was best match of Weekend and The NXT Tag match was great. 

The only reason Seth won was to put him over Brock again since most thought when Seth won it was bull#### the first time and didn't get over well so it's a redo 

WWE didn't do the big segment with Roman/Daniel/Rowan. They went off air early. The segment was reversed by closed doors only those suppose to be there was there. Segment was thrown out for some reason 

9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Predictable Stratus loses. Still don't get putting Charlotte in the Match give it to one of the girls who could use the rub

Rock-Hogan at WM 18 says hi.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Peyton Royce and Alexa Bliss in the same ring. Throw in a little cray with Nikki Cross...Special Guest Referee.

But we got Bliss cosplaying as Buzz Lightyear. :thumbup:

11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Thought Seth-Brock was So so an Trish/Charlotte was trash. I like Shiria and Candice but I thought Cole/Gargano was best match of Weekend and The NXT Tag match was great. 

I only liked the last fall of Cole-Gargano, the rest of the match really didn't do that much for me.

I can see how Seth-Brock would be received as so-so due to taste, but I really really liked Trish-Charlotte. Match was well worked, the crowd was into it and the finish made sense.

Although I do agree the NXT tag title match is probably up their with Trish-Charlotte and Seth-Brock.

Io-Candice was in a class of its own for WWE.

‐-----------

I am not spoiled but am hearing rumblings that the G1 Finals show was incredibonkers, so I have to be on the Ted Mosby sensory deprivation plan until tomorrow. Will probably be refreshing to be off Twitter for a couple days.

Gonna have to check out of this thread until I have watched it.

Overall, this was a good weekend for a rasslin fan. NXT killed it...again. And Summerslam was better than expected. 

For my money, nobody can touch AJ Styles. "Arguably", one of the best, if not the best I have ever watched. May catch some heat on that.

Brock Lesnar is the shizzle. Yep.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hagmania said:

Although I do agree the NXT tag title match is probably up their with Trish-Charlotte and Seth-Brock.

Io-Candice was in a class of its own for WWE.

‐-----------

I am not spoiled but am hearing rumblings that the G1 Finals show was incredibonkers, so I have to be on the Ted Mosby sensory deprivation plan until tomorrow. Will probably be refreshing to be off Twitter for a couple days.

Gonna have to check out of this thread until I have watched it.

Are the finals gonna be on AXS?

Big fan of burying Finn. He belongs in a group if not Demon. There's absolutely nothing there as a solo act w/o the gimmick.

The Fiend will be #1 merch seller very very soon and should have main evented this show.

People don't give a shlt about Seth Rollins as a heel. Or a face. Bottom line. He's a good worker. Unfortunately he does zero to connect with the crowd. And if his nauseating promos aren't bad enough, his social media game is equally as bad if not worse. Keep trying to impress how good you are in the ring as arenas become emptier and emptier......that'll prove your point!!! :lmao: 

Fiend and Edge were highlights of the show IMO.

And Velveteen Dream needs to stay in NXT and be the face of it into the distant future. On another level from other guys in NXT and most of the main roster guys. Going to be a sad day when he's "promoted"

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

People don't give a shlt about Seth Rollins as a heel. Or a face. Bottom line. He's a good worker. Unfortunately he does zero to connect with the crowd. And if his nauseating promos aren't bad enough, his social media game is equally as bad if not worse. Keep trying to impress how good you are in the ring as arenas become emptier and emptier......that'll prove your point!!! :lmao: 

I'm no big fan of Rollins, but I mean, the volume on the burn it down chants say this is disingenuous 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Overall, this was a good weekend for a rasslin fan. NXT killed it...again. And Summerslam was better than expected. 

For my money, nobody can touch AJ Styles. "Arguably", one of the best, if not the best I have ever watched. May catch some heat on that.

Brock Lesnar is the shizzle. Yep.

AJ is this Gens HBK dude could 5 star match with a broom

2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Big fan of burying Finn. He belongs in a group if not Demon. There's absolutely nothing there as a solo act w/o the gimmick.

The Fiend will be #1 merch seller very very soon and should have main evented this show.

Fiend and Edge were highlights of the show IMO.

And Velveteen Dream needs to stay in NXT and be the face of it into the distant future. On another level from other guys in NXT and most of the main roster guys. Going to be a sad day when he's "promoted"

Balor is such a better heel. His best NJPW work was with Bullet Club 

I heard there was supposed to be some sort of big Roman Segment to move his thing forward to end the show but for some reason got scrapped so putting the Fiend on as the last match does the whole Roman Agenda a disservice

I really liked the Fiend and Styles/Ricochet Match but they can do so much more those two. They could burn the house down but Vince likes watering superstars down because he knows some of these guys in the ring would ruin his agenda of pushing certain wrestlers. Can't have anyone getting over on their own now can we. 

A lot of people are sick of Rollins because he's so whiny on the mic. He should be a heel. Good ring worker but he has the charisma of a Boulder. WWE is trying to give Seth the Roman Agenda treatment now. He's gotten in trouble for the Social Media which is why he's laid off a bit. A lot of wrestlers and people in the business felt Seth was incredible disrespectful to Will Osprey and he got a talking to in the back. Seth seems more concerned with trying to Join Vince's Kiss My A## club instead of getting better. He's becoming happy with a paycheck talent 

I don't get the infatuation with Dream. I've said for awhile he seems like a PG knock off of Golddust character. He's a good worker with some mic skills but just doesn't do it for me. Gargano doesn't either. The Main roster fans and causals will see Gargana as a Daniel Bryan Walmart knockoff. I love Lo SHirari she's amazing and I've always been Personally biased towards Adam Cole Unless Paul is running WWE main roster by the time any of these guys come up it won't matter Vince will ruin these wrestlers  

Edited by DJackson10

1 hour ago, coyote5 said:

I'm no big fan of Rollins, but I mean, the volume on the burn it down chants say this is disingenuous 

Cena/Roman 3.0. They even tried to get him the rub with Hart last night

Not sure who's seen G1 and Hagmania is leaving the thread till he sees it so I won't spoil anything yet. However the Bullet Club new member reveal was fire and White vs Ibushi was incredible. I heard again Balor Gallows/Anderson and Styles had in take on who the new member would be as the recruit was apparently suggested by them to Tama and Fale. NJPW and the commentary team did a great job of keeping the members past of friendship with these former members as well. Given the intake it was never true the rumors of The Club going to AEW. They are loyal to NJPW and Bullet Club and still have input in the group. With both Bookers Jado and Gedo in the group it makes suggestions a lot easier too.

I heard if AJ and Club had they not resigned with WWE would've headed straight to NJPW and inserted back in Bullet Club. Theres apparently some mutal agreement that if Balor or AJ Anderson (Three former leaders Gallows was never a lead) ever returned the power would go back to them as the "leader" no matter who was there. As I said last year during the BC Civil War all 4 former members gave their blessing to Tama Tonga and Fall to split BC from The Elite. They thought The Elite was making it too commercialized too NWOish in a sense and too goofy. They wanted it to go back to basic of being the Outlaw Faction of NJPW. If Any of these guys had left WWE they would go back to Japan. I didn't hear how they'd be reintroduce but the feeling I got was they (The Club as Finn still has 2 or so yrs on his deal) would've been involved in the Osprey/ELP/Eagles Storyline and AJ Styles may have been inserted as the one facing Juice while Moxley did an angle with a different wrestler. 

37 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

AJ is this Gens HBK dude could 5 star match with a broom

If the WWE had a classic wrestling style, I'd agree and I'd like a lot of these guys a lot more. I just hate the wrestling style the company uses today. I really try with WWE, but the pace is just too slow for me and the moves don't hit hard enough.

• Like 2

Hey look who's back Sasha Banks 

40 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

If the WWE had a classic wrestling style, I'd agree and I'd like a lot of these guys a lot more. I just hate the wrestling style the company uses today. I really try with WWE, but the pace is just too slow for me and the moves don't hit hard enough.

Like I said WWE uses the defense for safety but a lot of the reason is Vince knows a lot of these guys can get over on their own without his help and would interfere with pushing the guys they want. 

WWE was so worried last night of Becky being booed out of the building. They cheered her. Tonight they are chanting "Thank You Sasha" as she attack Natty. Shows you how big Natty is. She isn't her uncle Bret Vince 

• Like 1

UGHHHHH again with this modern day WWE bullcrap. Why are the refs p####? Back in the day they'd rip em right off her. 3...THREE of them sprint down just to wave their hands a couple times. Give...me...a...####ing...break.

5 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

UGHHHHH again with this modern day WWE bullcrap. Why are the refs p####? Back in the day they'd rip em right off her. 3...THREE of them sprint down just to wave their hands a couple times. Give...me...a...####ing...break.

PC era dude. Do you want a bunch of fans trying to get triggered over male refs touching females? That's how bad the whole PC BS has gotten WWE can't even do a real break a part with women. Notice even when they do get involved they clearly show their hands aren't touching them so a fan can't start making accusations of someone trying to "cop a feel". 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, coyote5 said:

You're getting worked.

• Laughing 2

8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

PC era dude. Do you want a bunch of fans trying to get triggered over male refs touching females? That's how bad the whole PC BS has gotten WWE can't even do a real break a part with women. Notice even when they do get involved they clearly show their hands aren't touching them so a fan can't start making accusations of someone trying to "cop a feel". 

I'd be afraid of touching Natalya as she may fart.

• Laughing 2

AJ Styles is awesome.  Rollins is a very good performer in the ring but not very skilled on the mic and his voice grates to a degree.  If he had even KO's mic skills and wit, he'd be better as face or heel. 

• Like 1

Vince doesn't like Ember Moon. 

5 minutes ago, mr fancypants said:

FWIW as I posted in the Hot Ones thread Steve Austin is scheduled to be the guest on the season ending episode.

Will def have to check that one out. Thanks!

Thought the Reigns / Murphy match was excellent. Reigns did a tremendous job of selling the offense of Murphy which helped the latter out tremendously long term if they build off this. No reason Murphy shouldn't be a major part of programming every week IMO

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Thought the Reigns / Murphy match was excellent. Reigns did a tremendous job of selling the offense of Murphy which helped the latter out tremendously long term if they build off this. No reason Murphy shouldn't be a major part of programming every week IMO

I don't watch 205 live so I'm not familiar with Buddy's work, but he looked really REALLY good last night.  Except for his shorts.  Those look terrible :lmao:

18 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Buddy certainly carried the match. He should be on every week but we know he won't be. 

Austin's show after RAW is pretty good. Very much enjoyed the Rob Riggle episode and learned some stuff on Robb I didn't know already. Never got why this guy was the butt of so many jokes these days (Riggle). Seems like a cool overall dude and a former vet. One of the movies he's in playing a SGT or commander of a Unit is a unit he hooked up with on his tour of Iraq in a city they were at. Essentially he was reenacting a whole event that he was apart of at that time playing a person he had to follow orders from. Thats pretty cool 

You've probably heard me talk about how the podcaster I listen to tried getting Ryback on his show but was told it'd take 2K. Either way there was a back and fourth the the podcast I listen too is kind of Wrestling with a comedy Howard Stern twist. There was some jokes on Ryback never meant to insult him and such. The podcaster went to apologize to Ryback at Wrestlecon  in 2017 which was Filmed Ryback talked about respecting people and buisness etc etc. Next day Ryback on his podcast calls the dude out and says he hopes he dies on a pit of spikes. Now Ryback is saying former Podcast host of his Pat Buck was using an alternate email to get more $$$ from people. If all of this is true it explains why the podcaster I listen to didn't get the apologizes and other stuff he sent Ryback and Ryback owes him an apology

I was initially told by insiders when I first heard of these reports a year or so back was that Buck was contacted by friends in WWE telling him to get out of being with Ryback to not burn bridges with Top WWE officials. Ryback on his podcast has always sounded salty and unappreciative of his WWE time. They did mess up two surgeries however he was hard and difficult to always work with and always felt a little too highly of himself even asking for Cena money in his final WWE negations before leaving. This is fairly interesting story 

Ryback threatens to beat up Pat Buck calls WWE to get him fired and says Buck stole from him