What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

The Golden 1 Arena in Sacremento is hosting H*ll In a Cell this year may have just spoiled some things on twitter

Get ready @WWE fans... “The Fiend” @WWEBrayWyatt challenges @WWERollins or @BraunStrowman to a #HIAC match!
This was on Twitter last night.  Bray and Braun are already going at it via tweets

For all you CM Punk marks out there, today's episode of Grilling JR spends 2.5 hours talking about the object of your wrestling affection.
There were some interest AEW stuff out there. TNT is doing a All Out 2 countdown show at 10 EST tonight. Some of the rumors are they don't want Jericho winning the title yet as he'll be away with Fozzy (Who released a new single this morning). There were also rumors had Mox not gotten hurt he was interfering in the Omega/Mox match. 

Dustin signed a multi year deal with AEW. He'll wrestle but be a match producer and promo coach

I've been out of this thread for a while now cause WWE = bleh, but I'm back for All Out. Have an overnight tonight, do that, get to sleep in the morning and I'll wake up just a few hours out from the PPV. This is gonna be a great weekend.

I've been out of this thread for a while now cause WWE = bleh, but I'm back for All Out. Have an overnight tonight, do that, get to sleep in the morning and I'll wake up just a few hours out from the PPV. This is gonna be a great weekend.
The fan level of excitement for AEW is through the roof.  The first three AEW Wednesday night live TV shows in Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and Boston all sold out within hours of tickets becoming available.

The thirst for a true competitor to the WWE is huge.

The fan level of excitement for AEW is through the roof.  The first three AEW Wednesday night live TV shows in Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and Boston all sold out within hours of tickets becoming available.

The thirst for a true competitor to the WWE is huge.
The Philly show sold out within 30 mins. This is despite the fact the Shootout in Philly is 7 mins from the venue AEW will be that night too. 

NXT UK Cardiff is within an hr. Cesaro is gonna be in a match too

NXTUK: Takeover Cardiff,Wales 

1 Toni Storm (c) vs. Kay Lee RaySingles match for the NXT UK Women's Championship

2 Walter (c) vs. Tyler BateSingles match for the WWE United Kingdom Championship

3 Zack Gibson and James Drake (c) vs. Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster vs. Gallus (Mark Coffey and Wolfgang)Triple threat tag team match for the NXT UK Tag Team Championship (Andrews is from Cardiff and FMW is Welsh so a bit of a homecoming for them)

4 Dave Mastiff vs. Joe CoffeyLast Man Standing match

5 Travis Banks vs. Noam DarSingles match

6 Cesaro vs. TBD

The Philly show sold out within 30 mins. This is despite the fact the Shootout in Philly is 7 mins from the venue AEW will be that night too. 
Are you or anyone else watching tonight? I'm not sure I want to throw down 50 bones just to fall asleep before the end.

Are you or anyone else watching tonight? I'm not sure I want to throw down 50 bones just to fall asleep before the end.
I am. The 3 singles matches (Page/Jericho, Omega/Pac, Cody/Spears) and the tag ladder match really catch my interest. I'm also morbidly curious to see the car wreck that will be the Darbi/Janela/Havok match.

Coffey and Mastiff just broke the ring ropes and mastiff used the post as a weapon. They are now trashing the place with some toys being used 

Y2J First ever AEW Champ, First ever to Beat Rock and Stone Cold in same night and win the WWF undisputed title. Can this guy do anything wrong? Oh yeah he has a hell of a band too

TRENT? BERETTA✔@trentylocks

Make sure to pick a side AEW or WWE and be unreasonably mean on the internet to anyone who’s not on your side it will make you feel good

7:53 PM - Sep 1, 2019
:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave Meltzer with a bad hot take the other day. He said the Tag LadderMatch should've been on last over the AEW title 

Yeah ok that's not reasonable to have another promotions title your main even the very same night on the very same card your new promotion is crowning their first company champion. Doesn't seem like great business there. 

Why are the Viking Raiders doing squash matches each and every week?  It's a waste of time.  Automatic channel changer for me.
Back in the 80s, just about all WWF TV matches on Superstars, etc. were squashes to build up the wrestler(s) as strong, awesome freaks of nature.  Same thing here.  No sense burying your regular guys in your attempt to put these guys over as behemoths.  

Back in the 80s, just about all WWF TV matches on Superstars, etc. were squashes to build up the wrestler(s) as strong, awesome freaks of nature.  Same thing here.  No sense burying your regular guys in your attempt to put these guys over as behemoths.  
Back in the 80s I was a kid and just assumed those were real wrestlers with no "fun names".   :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread