What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

The new WWE network series. Untold, is well done. Nice cuts of old footage plus current day talking heads. Team Hell No and the first HITC featured so far. 

Had to pick up my own Netflix account, so decided to cancel the Network.
Don't think I've watched more than an hour of wrestling over the past three months.
Maybe pick it back up for the road to the next Wrestlemania.

Poor Rusev

Not one person in these crowds the past 2 weeks have given one shlt that he's back. Not a single one. Felt bad for the dude. He returned to crickets last week and again this week. 

At least he looks in better shape and became friends with a tanning bed :lol:  

Fiend stuff is excellent. Best stuff theyve done in a long long time.

I really don't know how they can't be anywhere as close as creative with anything else on the show. It's just storyline-less cold wrestling match after wrestling match.

DJackson10 said:
I miss Teddy Long as Smackdown GM. He'd have come out and told these Playa's we gonna have a Tag Team Match now 
If I ever get a chance to meet him, I'm going to buy and 8 by 10 and have him autograph it with "Tom Servo, tonight you're in a match with the Undertaker!"

Not UK will be airing now on Thursdays at 3Pm instead of the Wednesday same time slot. This correlates with NXT being put on the Network 24 hrs after airing live on USA at 10PM on Thursday nights

KishinLiger AKA Jushin Ligers alter ego came alive vs Suzuki gun. I just rewatched the 1996 match of Great Muta vs Liger where Kishin the Alter Ego debuted. In Japanese to English Kishin translates to "eater of Souls" That match was Muta's prime and I forgot how easily he went from transition to transition like nothing at all. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Boring NXT tonight. Only good thing was Dijokovich and Lee. Matt Riddle is get off my TV material. Can't wait for him to walk in a bar and Bill Goldberg is there and kicks his ###

Grilling JR this week talks about Ronnie Garvin pinning Ric Flair for the NWA title 32 years ago yesterday (September 25th) in Garvin's hometown of Detroit.

Dang, I'm too old that I remember that.

Per PWinsider JOHN MORRISON HAS RE-SIGNED WITH WWE. 

No word on when he'll return or if he'll use John Morrison. Great signing if he's used correctly. John Hennigan is 39 yrs young btw 

You know you're getting old when you remember Morrison on Tough Enough.

WWE should do another season. Their last one they did resulted in Velveteen Dream, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. May be missing a person. ZZ could have been a big star IMO if he had any work ethic.

Some fun stuff today 

"Talk to a friend CM Punk had a meeting with Fox and VP. Mark Carrano was briefly on phone for meeting the VP Punk has a ton of respect for. Punk is interest in this type of work and has its said he did very well. WWE doesn't own the program but has say and copyrights who is on it. Punk was pretty clear that his in ring career is over"

"under Miz’s new contract he has requested less travel days to be with his family and to of course tape the show. My sources say he will be going to the tag division for now and a Possible Miz-Morrison reunion is in the works."

"hearing that Smackdown and Raw will be taped in Saudi Arabia, thus the Thursday date."

Also WWE announced the USOs are returning on Friday for the Smackdown priemier this report was first tweeted by Brad Shepperd a few weeks after Jimmy got into his issues. 

Last night at ROH’s Death Before Dishonor PPV, RUSH defeated Matt Taven for the world title and Angelina Love beat Kelly Klein for the WOH title. 

Both reigns ended at 174 days. 

Grilling JR this week talks about Ronnie Garvin pinning Ric Flair for the NWA title 32 years ago yesterday (September 25th) in Garvin's hometown of Detroit.

Dang, I'm too old that I remember that.
Speaking of Flair, Dave Meltzer on a recent Wrestling observer podcast talked about Flair back in the pulling down women shirts and touching them etc. Meltzer not only goes on to say the companies allowed him since he was the champ but basically defended Flair Sexually harassing women. Says he's Flair he's the champ he can get away with it 

Went to the Philly NJPW Show tonight and just got back. Bought a ticket from stub hub for $25 on a ticket face value over $75. Theres really no bad seat in the house at the old ECW arena

Some notes:

Rena Nerita AKA shooter and Amazing Red put on a great match 

Rocky and Clark Connors started it off. Big pops for both and a nice little match Rocky Win

Mikey Nichols AKA the former Nick Miller vs Karl Fredricks was next. Impressive showing by Fredricks. Mikey won. (Side note got a signed photo from Mikey for my Cousins Fiancee as both are from Australia)

Lance Archer vs Alex Coughlin: Archer isn't as big as I thought he was or he looks smaller. Archer got in Asami's face for not counting fast. Fan in front of me yells "everybody Counts" Lance Acknowledged it with a shut the #### Up" which we all started laughing at. Archer won Boy did WWE miss the boat on him. Got a cool pick for $20 with him after the show

Narita vs Red followed: Fun match. Narita is going on exercusion so I believe this is his final match in NJPW before going off. Red won but not without SHooyter putting up the usual good fight

Juice with Ropongi 3K vs LIJ Naito Sanada and SHingo: This was a really nice match. Shingo is about an inch smaller than me. Everybody was hot for Naito and LIJ probably biggest pops of the night. LIJ won forgot who had the pinball. Juice and Naito talked some trash to one another after the match

Kota and former WWE Cruiserweight Champ TJP vs Bushi and Evil: Fun match. TJP was getting major heat. Got a pic with Ibushi after the event. He's a cool guy and he's smaller then me about 4 inches. No-one wanted Kota to tag in TJP at all. Not sure why TJP has such big time heat these days Evil gets the win and him and Kota jaw after the match

12 man elimination pin, sub, over the top rope match: Bullet Club OG White G.O.D, Kenta, Gedo and Chase Owens vs Tanahashi, Goto, Rock N Roll Express, Yoshi Hashi and Ishi: I can't remember the pitfalls but Ishi and Kenta eliminated one another and at one point started brawling outside the ring. Tana eliminated Chase to end the show. Great way to end

Tana teases staying in the ring or not to end the show thanks us for coming. Him and Rock N Roll Express do a triple Air Guitars. Tana gets back on thanks us and does some high fiving with and hugs and pics to end the show. 

I met Bushi, Archer, TJP, Mickey, Karl Fredricks was just walking around the concourse at the end of the night. Earlier in the day I ran into BC's at a local watering hole. I then met Goto outside the arena as was with some fans. I love that guy. We share the same b-day and he's a great guy wish I could've shared a beer with him and shoot the ####. 

DJackson10 said:
Speaking of Flair, Dave Meltzer on a recent Wrestling observer podcast talked about Flair back in the pulling down women shirts and touching them etc. Meltzer not only goes on to say the companies allowed him since he was the champ but basically defended Flair Sexually harassing women. Says he's Flair he's the champ he can get away with it 
I'm guessing you meant to write "back in the day"?

The most hilarious part is that I was watching an ad for SmackDown on Fox yesterday and these ####ers actually still used a clip of Stone Cold smashing some beer cans from god knows how long ago as a draw for the show. I actually laughed at that when I saw.

The most hilarious part is that I was watching an ad for SmackDown on Fox yesterday and these ####ers actually still used a clip of Stone Cold smashing some beer cans from god knows how long ago as a draw for the show. I actually laughed at that when I saw.
He'll be there on Friday. We'll see how many people stick around week 3 when they realize they've been flim-flammed after week 2.

"Late breaking news, getting from very very good sources that the Surprise in smackdown is not the Rock, the Surprise is CM Punk... there, it would be announced he’s coming back the Fox show... Stars are lining up It all comes together as the Cabana Punk suit is over and everyone took responsibility of their own costs. So it’s all making sense now. He’s even tweeting more as of late so it’s a comeback for sure. Rock is a decoy"

" Naomi was pregnant and lost her fetus. Reason she is out"

DJackson10 said:
Flair is a piece of ####.  Always has been, always will be.  And it's funny to go back and watch his old matches and see how often he no-sold the offense by his opponent, and how half of his offensive moves in every match was those chest chops.  

Users who are viewing this thread