Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Becky was on commentary and it ended up that the Velcro strap on her belt stuck to Lawler’s crown. 

:lol: 

Miz TV has a Sexual abuser and a racist on his show tonight. Is this a political debate? LMAO 

Raw should be called BBC Studs and Hotwives at this point. So much C*cking on RAW these days 

7 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Raw should be called BBC Studs and Hotwives at this point. So much C*cking on RAW these days 

:confused:

3 minutes ago, Payne said:

:confused:

Yeah, I'm shuked on this one.

• Like 1

AEW Countdown show last night reveal at the end Jericho's mystery partners are LAX 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 6:06 AM, Tom Servo said:

Yeah, I'm shuked on this one.

I think he's talking about RAW, when Bobby Lashley came out of the back with Lana while Rusev was wrestling and Lashley and Lana made out and felt each other up on the stage.

Edited by Engelberg
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Engelberg said:

I think he's talking about RAW, when Bobby Lashley came out of the back with Lana while Rusev was wrestling and Lashley and Lana made out and felt each other up on the stage.

Plus the Maria and Mike stuff. 

1 hour ago, Engelberg said:

I was talking about a BBC that I've never heard of.

Starting today, more wrestling is available than ever before:

Monday - RAW

Tuesday - IMPACT and NWA/Georgia Championship Wrestling

Wednesday - AEW and NXT

Friday - Smackdown

Weekend - RoH, MLW, NJPW and WOW

Just pick what you like and watch it.

• Like 1

Biggest night of wrestling ever?

The curiosity of AEW vs the Takeover level show for NXT?

• Thanks 1

I was at work but I got on break in time to see Sammy vs Codi missed everything since

Saw on my feed Balor came back to NXT good for him but wished he'd join the OC. Balor back in NXT is a good thing. 

Watching AEW main Event 

Moxley attacks Omega during main event We got a brawl in the crowd

Moxley just put Omega through a glass Coffee TABLE!!!!! By GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!!! SOMEONE GET SOME HELP OUT THERE!!!!!!

We to an all out brawl to end this match 

Jack Hager AKA Swagger is IN AEW!!!!!! Attacking Bucks and COdi. Ross just said Holy ####!!!!!!!!! 

Fans chanting We The People!!!!!

Dustin Rhoads is getting attacked. The Elite is getting manhandled

NXT gets a 15 min overlay 

CIAMPA is BACK!!!!! 

• Like 2

Very smart by AEW having RIho win the Women's belt. Nyla looks like a bully and nice touch with Omega coming into the ring after. Riho was Omega's inter gender tag partner in Japan. He also requested her to be in AEW 

AEW is on replay so watching what I missed. Tony Schiavonie just called MJF a Little #####!!!!! LMFAO 

Really good stuff with AEW.  Well paced.  Cody is just one of the best guys going right now,  those video packages really lend his matches a big fight feel and the matches are good stories.  I know he may not be the most athletic or flippy guy ever but he does indeed tell stories.  The womens match was just kind of a speed bump and I don't know if Jack Swagger qualifies as a Lex Luger on Nitro kind of moment but at least they had someone to run in and bring the energy

• Like 3

I really liked AEW, and from what I hear I'm going to really like NXT.

We are about to be even more spoiled as fans.

• Like 1

And the real stars of the show haven't even shown up yet!

I stan for Jungle Boy, Marko Stunt and Luchasaurus

8 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Jericho not missing any meals these days I see...

He pretty much as said he's not killing himself to maintain that figure that he used to have. He still puts in work (plus DDP Yoga), but yeah, he's rocking the Dad Bod these days.

Big difference in production between the two shows, from a tv pov.  AEW looked/sounded more like a professional set (Raw/Smackdown), while NXT looked and sounded like a Bingo Hall.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Thought the bit I saw of Riddle-Cole was pretty good. Was watching the AEW opening so I missed a bit of it. 

Thought Tony Schiavone was excellent and like he didn't miss a beat. I'm not a fan of modern day Jim Ross but I thought Schiavone was that good to make JR pretty unnoticeable. 

I couldn't watch NXT for any long period of time. Muted it before turning back to AEW. The crowd is just obnoxious. Mauro always brings the energy but I couldn't stand listening to either Phoenix's shouting or Nigel's accent TBH. Thought their commentary was terrible. Bloody terrible. That trio definitely not for me. Riddle-Cole and any Baszler match is good. Don't give 2 shlts about Balor so let him stay there/wherever. They need to get out of Full Sail asap or wherever they're doing those weekly shows. That crowd is just that obnoxious that it's not even worth tuning into it.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Thought the bit I saw of Riddle-Cole was pretty good. Was watching the AEW opening so I missed a bit of it. 

Thought Tony Schiavone was excellent and like he didn't miss a beat. I'm not a fan of modern day Jim Ross but I thought Schiavone was that good to make JR pretty unnoticeable. 

I couldn't watch NXT for any long period of time. Muted it before turning back to AEW. The crowd is just obnoxious. Mauro always brings the energy but I couldn't stand listening to either Phoenix's shouting or Nigel's accent TBH. Thought their commentary was terrible. Bloody terrible. That trio definitely not for me. Riddle-Cole and any Baszler match is good. Don't give 2 shlts about Balor so let him stay there/wherever. They need to get out of Full Sail asap or wherever they're doing those weekly shows. That crowd is just that obnoxious that it's not even worth tuning into it.

The thing I noticed about the AEW crowd was that it was very hot.  They were into everything shown to them and never thought about going into business for themselves.  Of course, AEW kept things moving with no talking/interview segments. 

If this is what AEW puts on week to week, Vince better step his game up.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Shayna Baszler is a damn machine. Awesome heel.

Yaaaaaass Queen of Spades

Edited by hagmania
More yaaaaaaaass

Figured AEW would do big numbers the first month. The shine and all. I’m fascinated to see where the numbers are at come like January when the excitement and energy get to normal levels. 

Both shows were a lot of fun. I personally love NXT and gave them the edge last night. Riddle-Cole was ridiculous and the Fin coming out was the icing on the cake. And then closing with Ciampa.  The roster is just so stacked it’s almost impossible for them to put on a bad show. 

1 hour ago, Tony Jabroni said:

AEW 1.4 miliion viewers

NXT 891K

Yeah, that wasn’t close. Thing is, NXT is a known quantity - I’m curious how many new viewers they got vs. those who are watching that just transferred from the Network to TV. 

According to news beats CM Punk has signed with Fox for the WWE Backstage. He works directly with FOX not WWE

8 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I love Mauro and Nigel. My two favorites in WWE  Commentary today. WWE just need to go back to 2 men booths stop adding the 3rd wheel to this. The WWE crowds are obnoxious as hell.

I remember being at a PPV maybe last yr or the yr before and some of the "fans" I were near you could tell weren't wrestling fans as much as just WWE fans. Heard the typical Vanilla midget comments and other stuff. My buddy mentioned something with AJ in NJPW so we were talking about that and ROH. two of the clowns heard us and made some smart ### negative comment on the product. These guys were no more then early 20s maybe 18-19-20 too some in the group. They were a bunch of Douchnoozles. At one point we got a look after critiquing something and the typical "well if you hate WWE that much why are you here?" I looked at him and said I have a co worker who works part time in WWE who got me tickets. I enjoy going to wrestling shows especially PPVs. I'm just critiquing the certain match and I'm allowed too. I got that speechless look from them. I then told them I we were watching wrestling before you guys were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. I We use to go to ECW shows at 10-12 yrs old. Meanwhile your parents probably couldn't let you get out of your house. Lter they were kicked out but I don't remember what for. It was an incident away from our seats they had got involved in. But the overall WWE crowds today are pro WWE can't critique it type people. And God forbid you are anything negative about NXT constructive or not. They act like you slept with their mother

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I remember being at a PPV maybe last yr or the yr before and some of the "fans" I were near you could tell weren't wrestling fans as much as just WWE fans. Heard the typical Vanilla midget comments and other stuff. My buddy mentioned something with AJ in NJPW so we were talking about that and ROH. two of the clowns heard us and made some smart ### negative comment on the product. These guys were no more then early 20s maybe 18-19-20 too some in the group. They were a bunch of Douchnoozles. At one point we got a look after critiquing something and the typical "well if you hate WWE that much why are you here?" I looked at him and said I have a co worker who works part time in WWE who got me tickets. I enjoy going to wrestling shows especially PPVs. I'm just critiquing the certain match and I'm allowed too. I got that speechless look from them. I then told them I we were watching wrestling before you guys were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. I We use to go to ECW shows at 10-12 yrs old. Meanwhile your parents probably couldn't let you get out of your house. Lter they were kicked out but I don't remember what for. It was an incident away from our seats they had got involved in. But the overall WWE crowds today are pro WWE can't critique it type people. And God forbid you are anything negative about NXT constructive or not. They act like you slept with their mother

I've found that there are a lot of WWE-only marks out there, and they'll dump on anything not WWE. You can't go to any wrestling forum anymore without these jagoffs polluting a comment section, particularly if it's an AEW story.  I've pretty much stopped reading comments on the articles.  SMH

• Love 1

Chris Jericho at MSG. He was wearing a replica of his dad’s Rangers jersey except the nameplate said Jericho instead of Irvine. His dad Ted Irvine played for the Rangers from 1970-75.

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I've found that there are a lot of WWE-only marks out there, and they'll dump on anything not WWE. You can't go to any wrestling forum anymore without these jagoffs polluting a comment section, particularly if it's an AEW story.  I've pretty much stopped reading comments on the articles.  SMH

Yep the comment section of these pages are cesspools. Most of them are little kids who grew up on John Cena as well. Don't get me started on the fan girls of some of the women Wrestlers. The Nia Jaxx Fans are the worst and NIA is such a hypocrite with his positivity yet says nothing about the comments on her status seen by her fans to other people. 

13 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Chris Jericho at MSG. He was wearing a replica of his dad’s Rangers jersey except the nameplate said Jericho instead of Irvine. His dad Ted Irvine played for the Rangers from 1970-75.

His dad is what we hockey folks use to call an Instigator/enforcer. His dad was a dam good fighter on the ice. Heard a few stories of him involved with the Broad Street Bullies over the years 

Edited by DJackson10

Flair's Moonsault is so cringe compared to Shirari's 

Holy #### My Girl Erin Andrews looks incredible tonight!!!!!!:heart::jawdrop::tebow::wub:

So much for Wrestlevotes telling us the Fist was coming back 100% 

Edge is cleared to wrestle again. Rumor has it he might be coming back to in ring action 

When Nia is cleared she's going back to NXT. Best decision by WWE. SHe's still too green for the main roster and could eventually hurt someone really bad if they kept her up there 

Shane McMahon YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shane is taking a backstage role btw

Jeff Hardy being Jeff Hardy was arrested for DWI on Thursday night