Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Recommended Posts

Smackdown really looking like it's gonna be the A show 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 7:06 PM, DJackson10 said:

"Late breaking news, getting from very very good sources that the Surprise in smackdown is not the Rock, the Surprise is CM Punk... there

:kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

:kicksrock:

Remember Punk WOn't be probably at the show. Fox might have Smackdown release he was coming to do the Tuesday show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMFAO KOFI GOT SQUASHED!!! Awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cain Velasquez to WWE!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Cain Velasquez to WWE!!!!!!

Shoulda worn the toro mask, hit the spear, then reveal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hagmania said:

LMAO poor Kofi

 

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks for playing the Brock Experience Kofi!!!!!! You know Brock didn't want to work with Kofi when the match was that short 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AEW Dynamite and NXT were both better than this show

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hagmania said:

Shoulda worn the toro mask, hit the spear, then reveal

Watch his AAA matches he does pretty well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

Watch his AAA matches he does pretty well

Why do you think I said he should have worn the toro mask. C'mon man

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't they advertise Undertaker for this thing WWE? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most important parts of the night was seeing Ember Moon featured big on the intro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cain signing is obviously huge for WWE. The dude can go, and gives Brock a perma-feud that won't always need the belt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hagmania said:

Cain signing is obviously huge for WWE. The dude can go, and gives Brock a perma-feud that won't always need the belt

Plus a legit guy who "realistically" in Wrestling terms can beat Brock 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh.  Kofi deserved better than a squash.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Trish or Lita either WWE False advertising with FOX. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MMA people aren't tuning in to WWE. WWE fans become MMA fans and not vise versa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

MMA people aren't tuning in to WWE. WWE fans become MMA fans and not vise versa 

I have never seen Cain fight outside of AAA lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

No Trish or Lita either WWE False advertising with FOX. 

They showed them in the front row... Did they advertise them as in ring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

No Trish or Lita either WWE False advertising with FOX. 

They were in a crowd callout :shrug:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hagmania said:

I have never seen Cain fight outside of AAA lol

When Brock was in UFC I kind of got into a little and saw a few of his fights. He was really good for awhile but had Brock not gotten sic and quite he'd have run rough shot on that division for years. Only reason Cain beat Brock was it was after Brock came back from Diverticulitis and didn't give a flying #### about UFC anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hagmania said:

They were in a crowd callout :shrug:

Most of them were advertised like they were suppose to have some backstage segment or in ring promo not as a cameo type thing in the stands 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just goes to show you how out of touch Vince McMahon is when he books a black world champion to lose the belt in like 9 seconds to a white guy in Smackdown's first show on Fox.  I couldn't give two ####s, but a lot of people are going to lose their minds over the optics. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Just goes to show you how out of touch Vince McMahon is when he books a black world champion to lose the belt in like 9 seconds to a white guy in Smackdown's first show on Fox.  I couldn't give two ####s, but a lot of people are going to lose their minds over the optics. 

:lmao: :lmao: no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Edge is cleared to wrestle again. Rumor has it he might be coming back to in ring action 

In his words: “no I’m not and no I’m not.”

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Stupid phone causing multiple posts. 

Edited by Bogart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Smackdown had that “big game” feel about it. Let’s see how they keep it up. 
 

you could have done Brock v. Cain with Kofi losing the belt. Didn’t like that decision. 

Edited by Bogart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cain was a big meh for me.  I dont give two ####s if he beat Lesnar 9 yrs ago.  He's doughier than Corbin who smartly stopped taking his shirt off months ago.  I seriously  thought he was Dominic when first came out lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

When Brock was in UFC I kind of got into a little and saw a few of his fights. He was really good for awhile but had Brock not gotten sic and quite he'd have run rough shot on that division for years. Only reason Cain beat Brock was it was after Brock came back from Diverticulitis and didn't give a flying #### about UFC anymore 

You didn't pay attention to Brock's fights. 

Brock won because he was a big, strong MF'er.  He wasn't particularly good at anything other than wrestling.  One of his early fights, he went up against Frank Mir, a legit fighter (when he tried - Mir was famously lazy), and got submitted.  Cain Velasquez is about as big and strong as Brock and had much better striking technique, and that's how he beat the hell out of Brock.  Same with Overeem.  UFC heavyweights have to weigh in at a max of 265lbs.  Last night, Brock was billed at 285, which is close to his walking around weight.  He had to make massive cuts for UFC fights, so he was often a bit dehydrated, but he was almost always the biggest guy in the fight.

Brock came in and he was fast and he was strong and he could run over smaller fighters and pummel them into submission fast if they couldn't defend against that.  His striking technique was weak, but he hit hard.  He could grapple well, but submissions weren't his strong suit.  He was a spectacle fighter, meant to draw in views.  He beat Couture for the title when Couture was 42 years old and astonishing people that he could still go at that age.

Brock's UFC record was 4-3-1, losing 2 of his last 3 fights and then getting the last one overturned for failing his drug test.  The UFC was starting to throw real competition at him, and he used the diverticulitis as a way out.

Lesnar, like Rousey, prefers the WWE where he can look like a badass and he doesn't have to worry about whether or not his opponent can actually beat him.

Edited by bcdjr1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did they feel the need to do Kofi like that?  

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 1:11 PM, bcdjr1 said:

You didn't pay attention to Brock's fights. 

Brock won because he was a big, strong MF'er.  He wasn't particularly good at anything other than wrestling.  One of his early fights, he went up against Frank Mir, a legit fighter (when he tried - Mir was famously lazy), and got submitted.  Cain Velasquez is about as big and strong as Brock and had much better striking technique, and that's how he beat the hell out of Brock.  Same with Overeem.  UFC heavyweights have to weigh in at a max of 265lbs.  Last night, Brock was billed at 285, which is close to his walking around weight.  He had to make massive cuts for UFC fights, so he was often a bit dehydrated, but he was almost always the biggest guy in the fight.

Brock came in and he was fast and he was strong and he could run over smaller fighters and pummel them into submission fast if they couldn't defend against that.  His striking technique was weak, but he hit hard.  He could grapple well, but submissions weren't his strong suit.  He was a spectacle fighter, meant to draw in views.  He beat Couture for the title when Couture was 42 years old and astonishing people that he could still go at that age.

Brock's UFC record was 4-3-1, losing 2 of his last 3 fights and then getting the last one overturned for failing his drug test.  The UFC was starting to throw real competition at him, and he used the diverticulitis as a way out.

Lesnar, like Rousey, prefers the WWE where he can look like a badass and he doesn't have to worry about whether or not his opponent can actually beat him.

I hate when people bring up his last two fights because he even admitted and people in his camp including Heyman have said he just didn't care and half assed it the last 2 matches after he was sick to come back. Yes mir won the first one but got manhandled in the 2nd one. Brock legit won a lot of his fights but if you want to say he used his sickness on the way out most MMA fans use the excuses you did to try and combat his wins. Couture might be the only legit defense they have though. The MMA fans just don't like admitting that Brock was good enough and if he gave a #### he'd actually do well

Rousey was interested in WWE for a very long time. She left at the right time. Both realized they could make way more money working less and not going through grueling camps good for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Why did they feel the need to do Kofi like that?  

Brock doesn't care about working with Kofi and when Brock doesn't care about something that much it's usually a squash match 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

I hate when people bring up his last two fights because he even admitted and people in his camp including Heyman have said he just didn't care and half assed it the last 2 matches after he was sick to come back. Yes mir won the first one but got manhandled in the 2nd one. Brock legit won a lot of his fights but if you want to say he used his sickness on the way out most MMA fans use the excuses you did to try and combat his wins. Couture might be the only legit defense they have though. The MMA fans just don't like admitting that Brock was good enough and if he gave a #### he'd actually do well

Rousey was interested in WWE for a very long time. She left at the right time. Both realized they could make way more money working less and not going through grueling camps good for them. 

First, he doesn't have wins for the last 3 fights, not just 2.  He lost 2 and then failed the drug test for the last one to be a no-contest.  He apparently cared enough about that one to cheat to win.  Still retired after.

Second, Heyman is Brock's advocate.  Brock's brand is that he's the baddest man on the planet.  Admitting that the UFC threw him into fights he couldn't win diminishes that brand.  The UFC throwing him into fights he could win on the way up builds him as an attraction for them.  He wasn't supposed to get beat by Mir in their first fight.  And, as I said, Mir was notoriously lazy.  When Mir came to fight, he was a champion.  The rest of the time, he half-assed it.  They expected him to half-### the first fight and he did half-### the second.

If you don't believe me, Brock was given a title shot on his 3rd match in the UFC with a 1-1 record.  The UFC is not above giving title shots to big draws to increase their views, even if they haven't earned it.  When Cain Velasquez finally got a shot at Brock, he was already 8-0 in the UFC.  Overeem had been a champion in Strikeforce before coming to the UFC to face Brock, and their fight wasn't even a title fight.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Brock wasn't good.  As I said, he was big, strong, and fast.  He was an NCAA champion wrestler.  He did win most of his fights, though he didn't have very many.  But he wasn't great, and when he started facing champion-caliber guys (not counting Couture), he was getting beat badly.

Rousey would brag that she was going to retire as the only undefeated champion in the UFC.  She had won bronze in the Olympics.  But she was pretty much a one-dimensional fighter.  Holly Holm was a gold-gloves boxer who came to the UFC.  Rousey had been training with a new striking coach and thought she was great and so tried to strike with Holm, and she got her ### handed to her.  Then she came back and tried to do the same against Nunes and again got beat.  Once people figure out a one-dimensional fighter in the UFC, that fighter starts to lose a lot.  Rousey wasn't able to get that striking aspect to her fight game up to snuff.  So she left.

In the WWE, their status as badasses is hyped to the Nth degree.  Brock doesn't have to work hard and he gets paid a lot to come in and be called the Beast Incarnate and pretty much do what he wants.  I'm sure Rousey loved her time in the WWE, and she probably thought she'd be able to get through her stint undefeated.  But then Becky became The Man and the WWE realized that Rousey had to lose at WrestleMania.  I'm not sure she'll be able to put that behind her.  Especially when you think about how often Asuka has had to lose once her undefeated streak was broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Why did they feel the need to do Kofi like that?  

VKM is racist. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sasha tried getting fired by WWE by taking substances to get positive tests. There's a new report WWE won't Fire wrestlers for positive tests anymore. Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton your jobs are safe. If they get a 3rd strike they can wipe it out by joining WWWE wellness program. Meltzer stated they won't fire people for positive tests. A guy like Hardy they'd Fire and he could go to AEW and become a huge star. WWE doesn't want that 

Edited by DJackson10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sasha was probably just hanging out with her cousin Snoop Dogg.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These fans about to riot they are chanting AEW 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans after Wyatt left entire arena chanting Refunds, Bull####, AEW and restart match. Codi and Khan must be loving this. New viewers for Wednesday bet it goes up more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans are going out of the arena chanting for refunds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't feel sorry for anyone who pays for the network or pays to go to a live event.  The product has sucked for years, and if you are still paying for it, you are part of the problem. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That finish.... Hooooooooo boy.  Only wwe can take a white hot angle and completely destroy it in a single match like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Brock doesn't care about working with Kofi and when Brock doesn't care about something that much it's usually a squash match 

No I get that.  I mean, we have Kofi, who for that last few months has been the guy that perseveres and can take anything.  They had him go through the "gauntlet" set of matches awhile back where he constantly took and kicked out of everyone's "finishers" including an RKO or two to beat what's his name. The F5 is one of the stupidest finishes (outside of Cena's ridiculous fireman's carry slam which not as devastating as a regular body slam) in the business.  And Kofi is knocked out. Done.  :rolleyes:

They build Kofi up just to make him a ##### for a 6 second Lesnar jerkoff.  So dumb.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

I don't feel sorry for anyone who pays for the network or pays to go to a live event.  The product has sucked for years, and if you are still paying for it, you are part of the problem. 

Now that NXT is on USA... following last night I have now canceled my subscription.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.