Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Jericho is legit one of the best ever.   He can do it all - be a great face, a great heel, always puts on great matches, great at promos, etc.  

4 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Jericho is legit one of the best ever.   He can do it all - be a great face, a great heel, always puts on great matches, great at promos, etc.  

I just wish he would unblock me on twitter

Edited by DJackson10

Codi Rhoads did an interview with Joe Cronin Show on Tuesday as AEW was in BOSTON. Joe was at the show and next weeks AEW Dark you might baeable hear Cronin yell Back down Janella during the Omega/Janella match.

Either Way Joe asked Codi about AEW Chants at HIAC PPV. Codi mentioned it was flattering and fans just voicing what they want however he wasn't knocking the match itself. He said he knew for a fact one of the wrestlers in the match was legit Concussed (This could explain the stoppage as well. DO to Bray at RAW getting involved after RAW ended one would guess Seth wasn't on TV do to a possible concussion. Right now Seth is one on one with Roman winners brand gets first pick Friday. Either way here's the full interview. Codi and Brandi both talk AEW, Codi talks about the shows coming up, possible mid card title, Brandi talks about the Sensory stuff and women, both talk what they are looking forward too, AEW Chants at WWE PPV,  Stats for wrestlers in AEW, AEW outside the US (Khan big part of London UK and Jericho and Omega being from Canada doing shows up there) and COdi talks about liking people in the buisness coming to him asking for jobs. Talks story of Paul Heyman sneaking into a production meeting as a photographer that Dusty was in and Dusty letting him stay. Tedy Long doing Usher work then ring work to being a ref. Basically goes into he appreciates that kind of will. Another interesting topic early is of people getting into wrestling who weren't already because of AEW and how Codi was surprised they didn't take in more of the old school fans who may have left after 2000-01. Codi also talks Star Trek. With many hats what can they do better. 

Codi and Brandi interview

Always loved Jericho on the mic.  Even after he took the fall to set up the rock for his long history of mic smack.  Great voice for the industry.

On 10/10/2019 at 6:13 AM, Tom Servo said:

I love Jake Hager but good heavens is he a charisma vacuum! He stood there in the ring like a zombie at parade rest formation...it brought back my days in Air Force ROTC in college and how I probably looked. :shudder:

I mean, that's what he's supposed to do... be the silent badass enforcer of the group.  

interesting stat, Jericho’s the Inner Circle is the first ever faction he’s ever been a part of. Longest stretch of a main eventer not being part of a faction in all major wrestling companies.

LOL WWE just did the whole Kane comes out from the ring with a hole in the ring segment with Fiend and Rollins. Where have I seen that before? Oh yeah Smackdown like 8 yrs ago I believe 

Jesus Fox is taking this "lets turn WWE into a sports like contest" a little too seriously. We got FOX AND USA WAR ROOMS FOR THE DRAFT!!!!

Really Cole most frightening thing you've seen? You saw Taker almost try to Crucify Steph and you saw that whole Kane thing with Fiend when announcing Smackdown

First Pick Becky Lynch to RAW 

SD gets Roman still

RAW gets The OC together Styles/Gallows/ANderson

SD its Bray Wyatt 

Last pick of 1st round Scottish Psycopath Drew McIntre 

10 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

First Pick Becky Lynch to RAW 

SD gets Roman still

RAW gets The OC together Styles/Gallows/ANderson

SD its Bray Wyatt 

Last pick of 1st round Scottish Psycopath Drew McIntre 

Hope they finally do something with Drew. I always thought he had a lot of potential. 

Little surprised Charlotte wasn't a first rounder to Smackdown. Would be interesting if Raw grabs her as well. 

Lastly,  I guess the mens world champions aren't in the draft. Makes little sense, but whatever. 

Edited by Deranged Hermit

Sasha Banks is hurt and out indefinitely. 

Round 2

RAW Randy Orton back on RAW

SD Sasha Banks 

RAW Ricochet

SD Braun Strowman

RAW Lana's Bull Bobby Lashley 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Well, she was just drafted to SD.

Doesn't mean she'll be on. Plenty of people are drafted on these things with injuries. Banks suffered a tailbone injury and isn't cleared to compete yet 

Edited by DJackson10

Hey the Champ is on TV!!!!!!

Brock has his Pyro Back 

DA #### is that? OC is 1st round picks so yes they should win and Please let this be the last time we see new day 

Round 3 Ding

RAW Alexa Bliss and Corey is devastated 

SD Lacey Evans

RAW: Kevin Owens

SD: The Revival Dawson and Wilder

RAW: Natalya

Edited by DJackson10

No the reason RAW gets 3 picks Cole is VKM wants it the A SHOW 

4 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Round 3 Ding

RAW Alexa Bliss and Corey is devastated 

SD Lacey Evans

RAW: Kevin Owens

SD: The Revival Dawson and Wilder

RAW: Natalya

Natalya. Really?

4th

RAW Viking Raiders Eric and Ivar

SD Lucha House Party I thought these clowns were done

RAW Nikkie Cross

SD Heavy Machinery Otis and Tucker

RAW Dawkins and Ford Street Profits

Final round tonight 

Edited by DJackson10

Yet the two women wrestling for the title tonight are undrafted? No New Day? I really don't understand this at all.

Edited by Deranged Hermit

:lmao: Draft is so FN cringe.

Not sure what was worse: Stephanie trying to put over Lucha House Party (to crickets) or the Fox Execs congratulating one another for the picks of Luchas/Heavy Machinery :lmao: 

Not to mention they just had a draft (that they never adhered to) 6 months ago.

They already made it cringy as #### before it even started with "You can select the team as 1 pick.....unless you just want one of them" :lmao: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Yet the two women wrestling for the title tonight are undrafted? No New Day? I really don't understand this at all.

You missed the special rules I think!!! There's a SEPARATE draft pool for Monday's Raw draft show :lmao: 

FFS Jay Glazer

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Theres more on Monday night 

RIP Wacky Inflatable Friends :lmao::popcorn:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

You missed the special rules I think!!! There's a SEPARATE draft pool for Monday's Raw draft show :lmao: 

FFS Jay Glazer

Good lord.....

• Like 2

BAW GAWD THOSE INFLATABLES HAD A FAMILY.

Bayley's character is dead but I'd totally bang her with that hair cut. Jesus

Meanwhile Flair now looks like your typical basic Biotoxed to hell Hollywood C star 

• Like 1

Oh look surprise let them curse just to try and get them over. Jesus this is sad

Just a reminder AEW Dark is on Youtube Tues night and Wednesday night Dynamite on TNT at 8PM EST Sharp on Wednesdays

How many weeks til they're crossing wrestlers over shows left and right again? :lol: 

They don't have enough viable women to cover each of these shows and having 2 separate championships.

So Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss are a team...right? :lol: So we're to believe whatever network that took Nikki didn't want Alexa Bliss? 

Edit: Just saw Alexa went "Round 3". Still doesn't make sense for Raw to not also want Nikki Cross with a 3 hour snoozefest to fill.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

The draft picks were so uninspired, I kept waiting for someone to take Head...and not to want Al Snow.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Doesn't mean she'll be on. Plenty of people are drafted on these things with injuries. Banks suffered a tailbone injury and isn't cleared to compete yet 

Sasha vs Becky kicking off raw Monday. 

Cain Velasquez has reportedly signed a multi-year deal with WWE.

Velasquez's new WWE deal is said to be lucrative, according to Mac Raimondi of ESPN. The report noted that the MMA heavyweight has also informed UFC officials of his decision to retire from the Octagon. Cain has been removed from UFC's USADA drug testing pool and from the UFC heavyweight rankings.

As noted, WWE announced today that Velasquez will face WWE Champion Brock Lesnar at WWE Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia on Thursday, October 31. It was also announced that boxer Tyson Fury will face Braun Strowman at Crown Jewel. You can read our press conference recap by clicking here and see the updated Crown Jewel card by clicking here.

ADVERTISING

While Cain has signed with WWE for multiple years, Fury's match at Crown Jewel is said to be a one-off for the time being. Fury is expected to return to the boxing ring in 2020 for a fight against Deontay Wilder, a rematch from their December 2018 bout. Raimondi noted that Fury's camp is concerned about a bad cut on his right eye, sustained during his fight against Otto Wallin earlier this month, opening up again in his WWE match. Fury needed 47 stitches to close multiple cuts following the 12-round bout with Wallin.

Cain is leaving MMA with a 14-3 record. He is a two-time UFC Heavyweight Champion.

"This is definitely my focus," Cain said of pro wrestling last week. "My family is into it. They love it. They're super excited. I haven't seen them excited over something like this in a while. It's cool."

Stay tuned for updates on Cain and Fury in WWE.

2 minutes ago, gocuse3 said:

They already announced it. But I don’t have all the sources you do 🙄. Watch raw and see what match is first Monday

I'm not seeing anywhere this match was announced on Monday. This isn't from a source this is from a wrestling dirt sheet site. 

Ok now they are saying she's wrestling Monday night but no word on if she's wrestling Live events this weekend. The earlier report is from 7 hrs ago btw. Go click on the link and read and then go read this article. Clearly you are just looking at the headline and didn't click on the link there. 

Banks vs Becky to start RAW Monday

7 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I'm not seeing anywhere this match was announced on Monday. This isn't from a source this is from a wrestling dirt sheet site. 

Ok now they are saying she's wrestling Monday night but no word on if she's wrestling Live events this weekend. The earlier report is from 7 hrs ago btw. Go click on the link and read and then go read this article. Clearly you are just looking at the headline and didn't click on the link there. 

Banks vs Becky to start RAW Monday

I never said it was announced on Monday. I said it was announced for Monday. 

29 minutes ago, gocuse3 said:

I never said it was announced on Monday. I said it was announced for Monday. 

I meant for Monday thats a typo by me 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, DJackson10 said:

I just wish he would unblock me on twitter

He'll unblock you right after Kevin Owens unblocks me.