Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

13 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Also Some Tyson Fury Info

Tyson Fury is getting a payday of $14.75M to do the Braun Match expected to last just under 8 minutes. This includes all expenses paid and an entourage of 7 associates going with him. That blood money going to good use 

:eek:  wow what a great haul for Fury.  Good for him.  Only in America.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Outside of the Fiend, can anyone name anything worth watching with today's product? 

I'd watch Bliss vs Mandy vs Liv Morgan vs Banks in a lingerie match with Lacy Evans as special referee.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:

I'd watch Bliss vs Mandy vs Liv Morgan vs Banks in a lingerie match with Lacy Evans as special referee.  

Switch Evans and Banks and we have a deal.  BOOK IT VINCE!!!

• Like 1

Trevor Murdoch shows up on last night's episode of NWA Power in doing the honors for Ricky Starks.  He even comes over and shakes Starks' hand afterwards. 

And Ricky Starks can talk, too.

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 2

Imagine CM Punk on FOX trying to talk about the draft as if it were real. I just can't see this marriage working out. He's going to tell it like it is IMO and WWE will bltch about it.  WWE will complain to FOX just like Dana White did with Ariel Helwani and he was gone.

I want CM Punk on commentary. His stuff on NXT many years ago was great. It definitely wasn't Vince in his ear telling him what to say every line. 

Bruce Prichard will do nothing to change things. He's a yes man through and through. And not that creative. At least he's better than Bischoff in that regard. Bischoff offers nothing whatsoever. And it sounds like Bischoff was "BACK.....lazier than ever"

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Was flipping around last night after the baseball game and saw a show where Christian (of Edge and Christian) said the steal of the draft was Samoa Joe in the 5th round.  Huge steal for Raw there that will likely tip the scales towards Raw winning the title at the end of the season.  

I thought the steal of the draft was Titus O'Neil.   SD missed out on that one big time.  But at least they were fortunate enough to grab Heath Slater.  Can't believe he lasted as long as he did.

Nah my Steal of the Draft UDFA Drake Maverick AKA Rockstar Spud going to Smackdown. I will admit SD is missing out on Titus amazing Catering skills though 

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Trevor Murdoch shows up on last night's episode of NWA Power in doing the honors for Ricky Starks.  He even comes over and shakes Starks' hand afterwards. 

And Ricky Starks can talk, too.

Dam Shame about his former tag Partner Lance Cade. Those two were really good and underused in WWE during their stint there. I haven't heard a lot about Murdoch since he left WWE. 3 stints in TNA in the glory days one with the STUPP tag team from AEW and then team with EY in the Team 3D Tag Tite Invitational and then the last as The Outlaw Jethro Holiday. He's also an HBK pupil too. 

10 hours ago, Jayrok said:

:eek:  wow what a great haul for Fury.  Good for him.  Only in America.  

If you want a quick payday just sell your Morales and sign with the Devil WWE to do a one off appearance to entertain some Saudi Terrorist. I also noticed WWE personal can mention Saudi Arabia now without having to worry about getting hit in the back of the head again. 

7 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Imagine CM Punk on FOX trying to talk about the draft as if it were real. I just can't see this marriage working out. He's going to tell it like it is IMO and WWE will bltch about it.  WWE will complain to FOX just like Dana White did with Ariel Helwani and he was gone.

I want CM Punk on commentary. His stuff on NXT many years ago was great. It definitely wasn't Vince in his ear telling him what to say every line. 

Bruce Prichard will do nothing to change things. He's a yes man through and through. And not that creative. At least he's better than Bischoff in that regard. Bischoff offers nothing whatsoever. And it sounds like Bischoff was "BACK.....lazier than ever"

Prichard is only there as an interim guy. He's like that coach who replaces the fired coach mid season and just keeping the ship afloat till the end of the season or until they find their guy. I heard Bischoff had a few good ideas that would work well with the current landscape but Vince refuses. Vince is so living in the past. I've heard a few examples of VKM telling the creative an idea or pitching it to Hunter or his kids or wrestlers and people saying "We can't do that anymore" or "Vince thats illegal now." or "We can't get away with that on TV now" etc etc. It reminds of all the leaks in the White House of people commenting Trump saying stuff and people telling him "you can't do that sir." This isn't saying Eric is amazing but he does have a feel what works and doesn't today. 

Lets put it this way. Perfect example Tyson Fury and awhile back Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show at Mania. Back in the 90s these would be a huge draw but many people and fans have stopped watching wrestling and boxing and switched too MMA. Many are turned off by boxings massive corruption and other things. MMA has become incredible popular in America. The MMA or Boxing fans aren't turning on WWE. These are the people you see daily you tell them you watch wrestling and they call it" gay or call you a F**" for watching it to your face or make fun of people who do online. Vince ain't getting ratings bringing these clowns in like Velasquez and Fury for one offs. hell the celebrity angle barely works anymore either. 

Another Example is the big monster wrestlers. Braun looks like a dumb southerner talking out of his boots wannabe tough guy. It's cringe watching him try to be what Big Show was or guys like Kane or Taker or Andre were. Big guys aren't attractions anymore. 

Any wrestler who can fly or do acrobatic stunts he wants to turn into a super hero with a cape. Tried it with Neville and now it's cringe with Fingerbanger Ricochet.

Ratings will continue to drop. When they drop below 2M like they will FOX will just throw this terrible product on FS1 or 2 and eventually take their clause to get out of the deal. 

Vince has little say in the FOX WWE show. The show is produced and OK'd by FOX execs which is why Punk is interested. He's already said if WWE is involved more so he isn't interested. If WWE was calling him about the job he'd have refused it already. Vince is powerless when it comes to the Show. Punk would have to say something so incriminating to WWE like mentioning the health issues and stuff for FOX to listen to Vince. 

Marco Stunt coming out of the Bullpen for the Jurassic Express. Luchasouras injured a Hammy. No word yet but rumor going around is he tweaked it chasing a Drago 

BTW I didn't go tonight. Weather is terrible outside with rain all day Worked all day too. TO get to the arena would've taken me almost an hour by car. My buddy I tried to pay for his ticket and dinner tonight at a place a minute away too. Wasn't interested. I'm exhausted too and if we stayed for the dark matches I wouldn't be getting home till well after Midnight. 

Bucks vs Santana and Ortiz at Full Gear? Sign me up and take my money 

AEW and NXT both seem to be different from RAW and Smackdown in the same way.  They seem to lack the theatrics of the 2 WWE main shows.  You have core wrestling performances, but you could never have someone like the Undertaker or the Fiend work there.  The tone of AEW and NXT just don't fit those kinds of characters.  Smackdown and RAW on the other hand allow for that sort of theatrical performance.

There's a reason that McMahon promotes his product as sports entertainment and not as a sport.  For me, it's why I like it better.  NXT and AEW just feel bland.  I will admit that I pay less attention to the "wrestling" than I do to the other part of it.  Since NXT and AEW are pretty much "wrestling", my eyes glaze over when I watch them.

Mox and Omega bring out the barbed wire toys again!!!!!

Dirty Deeds on Pac by Mox giving a 2 finger salute 

In Pitt

Final 4 Tag Tourn

SCU vs Dark order 

PP vs Lucha Bros

Britt Baker in action

Young Bucks as well

Moxley vs PAC 

That's how you make a star out of your young talent in Darby Allin. Awesome stuff.

Some really good things overall, and though while not everything might work as they learn, AEW Dynamite is paced incredibly well.

Edited by hagmania
  • Like 3

What I thought AEW did well in Week 3:

Scorpio Sky showcase

Cody Rhodes vignette

Leaning on Riho to carry a match

Working on the fly around Luchasaurus' injury

Getting Kenny a win

Keeping Mox in DTA territory

Trying to get a new wrestler way over in the Main Event

NJPW purchases STARDOM to put on A Women's Division

Something massive is brewing in Japanese wrestling at the moment.

Dave Meltzer reported earlier this week that a huge puroresu story would be breaking later in the week, leading to immediate speculation that WWE were on the verge of launching NXT Japan, with a potential Dragon Gate partnership mentioned.

Now, the talk has turned to a different kind of partnership: one between New Japan Pro Wrestling and World Wonder Ring Stardom - the country's leading joshi promotion.

This is entirely speculative at the moment, but the rumour is everywhere right now, from Reddit to social media. It states that NJPW's parent company, Bushiroad, may have purchased Stardom, and that this could lead to New Japan starting their own women's division or keeping the smaller company going under the Bushiroad banner.

From Io Shirai and Kairi Sane to current roster members like Mayu Iwatani and Momo Watanabe, Stardom has long been considered a fertile breeding ground for Japan's most promising female wrestlers. It'd be a real shame to see them go away, though women's wrestling is something that some portions of the NJPW fanbase have been campaiging for for a long, long time.

Rumors of NJPW Bushi Rod buying Stardom NXT Japan Speculation

• Love 1

3 hours ago, hagmania said:

That's how you make a star out of your young talent in Darby Allin. Awesome stuff.

Some really good things overall, and though while not everything might work as they learn, AEW Dynamite is paced incredibly well.

Agreed.  Camera crew and director are still a work in progress.  Still missing spots too often.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Agreed.  Camera crew and director are still a work in progress.  Still missing spots too often.

That camera in the corner ring post is a great idea; they just need to learn to use it right.

While I'm disappointed my gal Britt Baker :wub: didn't win last night, her and Riho put on a good show. I love that Britt has revived the lockjaw finishing maneuver and JR with the callback to Dr. Sam Shepard using it. :thumbup:  The only bummer of that match was Riho bridging out a pinning combination.  The camera clearly showed Baker poised over Riho so she could bridge up.

I agree with @hagmania about what worked well last night.  Plus, who knew throwing a shoe would get a pop?  :lol:

• Like 1

Also, I noted Brad Sheppard burying Riho as ladies champion last night.  He said she's not believable.  I wonder if he said the same thing about Rey Mysterio as WHC.  :thinking:

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Also, I noted Brad Sheppard burying Riho as ladies champion last night.  He said she's not believable.  I wonder if he said the same thing about Rey Mysterio as WHC.  :thinking:

Loving AEW Dynamite. LOVE.

However I think Riho as champ is terrible. I'm with Brad 100% here.

2 hours ago, Spanky24 said:

Loving AEW Dynamite. LOVE.

However I think Riho as champ is terrible. I'm with Brad 100% here.

I mean, I get it. Britt Baker :wub: is not exactly a tall woman, and she towered over Riho.  I get having a foreign face and one as a champion as a counterpoint to WWE's relentless use of foreign heel gimmick, plus the whole underdog thing.  I'm not asking her to be Nyla Rose, but something closer in size to the other ladies would help a lot. 

I'm guessing Riho got the belt because she is friends with Kenny and he's co-booking w/ Brandi, but she's almost too small.  She looks like she needs a booster seat to ride in a car.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Still better than WWE's shaking Camera every second because most of the talent can't sell worth a #### or throw good fake punches. Last good punches I saw where Double J on a WWE program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Still better than WWE's shaking Camera every second because most of the talent can't sell worth a #### or throw good fake punches. Last good punches I saw where Double J on a WWE program. 

Last time I flipped on Raw I had to turn it off, the stupid shaking/zooming in and out for punches was giving me a headache.

AEW last night was fun to watch.  Darby with his hands behind his back, using his face to help him climp the ropes. 

Does WWE have a trademark on the name of certain moves?  During Jericho/Darby at one point it seemed like JR was going to call it "Walls of jericho" but stopped himself at just "walls".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Looking at his tweet he really didn't bury her like he has UD Era, Becky/Seth etc on WWE. I've heard a few people say they don't buy her as champ. I also think some people don't because they never saw her wrestle. Yesterday I had some guy say he Didn't like or dislike Adam Paige and I told him go watch Paige's NJPW stuff including last years G1 he may not have won but the talent is there. This was his response tweet to me:

"Nah he's in AEW it only matters what he does in AEW, so far he's a good promo, and passible Wrestler"

I really don't get this tweet at all to me? So depending on what promotion so and so is in it only matters what they do there? If we went by that John Morrison isn't anything special among other talents. 

2 minutes ago, UOFI_316 said:

Last time I flipped on Raw I had to turn it off, the stupid shaking/zooming in and out for punches was giving me a headache.

AEW last night was fun to watch.  Darby with his hands behind his back, using his face to help him climp the ropes. 

Does WWE have a trademark on the name of certain moves?  During Jericho/Darby at one point it seemed like JR was going to call it "Walls of jericho" but stopped himself at just "walls".

No they don't. Some Wrestlers just change the name of moves themselves. Jericho owns his rights from name and moves. 

6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

That camera in the corner ring post is a great idea; they just need to learn to use it right.

While I'm disappointed my gal Britt Baker :wub: didn't win last night, her and Riho put on a good show. I love that Britt has revived the lockjaw finishing maneuver and JR with the callback to Dr. Sam Shepard using it. :thumbup:  The only bummer of that match was Riho bridging out a pinning combination.  The camera clearly showed Baker poised over Riho so she could bridge up.

I agree with @hagmania about what worked well last night.  Plus, who knew throwing a shoe would get a pop?  :lol:

We're an easy to please wrestling crowd. We've seen it all here over the years. I mean we saw a guy get crucified here before Undertaker made it cool. And a Furry Orange Character who is WHITE HOT with everyone in the city 

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Oh believe me I'm with you on that part.  My kid and I love to make fun of Shane's "working" punches :lmao:

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

We're an easy to please wrestling crowd. We've seen it all here over the years. I mean we saw a guy get crucified here before Undertaker made it cool. And a Furry Orange Character who is WHITE HOT with everyone in the city 

Long live Sandman!

7 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Oh believe me I'm with you on that part.  My kid and I love to make fun of Shane's "working" punches :lmao:

I give the dude credit for yrs. He could've just played the "Entitled Punk Son" but the dude went out there worked on training to be a decent wrestler when needed and has made a good living out of these gimmick matches. Shane was great for the mid card role and then being VKM's henchman when needed on the big stage. He's earned a ton of respect from guys like Austin, Taker and others over the years for it. But holy christ are his work punches cringe

6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Long live Sandman!

I just talked to him the other day actually.

AEW beat NXT again 

3 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

AEW beat NXT again 

Topped 1M again. Virtually no difference from last week. 1.18 to 1.14. This might be the real crowd that's going to stay....That's freaking awesome dude.

• Like 1

WWE wanted to fire Bischoff within a couple weeks of hiring :lmao:. And remember he wasn't actually doing anything those first couple weeks. He was "getting adjusted" and trying to "understand the current product".

I was absolutely floored when they hired him. As I mentioned when they hired him, no one that's in WWE right now had anything good to say about Bischoff's work in TNA. Not a single person  One of which is a prominent star that everyone can guess who absolutely despises Bischoff and how he treats and interacts with people. Eric's not a people person whatsoever. The only "friends" Eric Bischoff has from the business are ones he was giving blank checks to who were drinking/biker buddies.

As Eric found out quickly, it's hard to re-develop a work ethic. McMahon may be out of touch/senile, but no one outworks him.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

21 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Topped 1M again. Virtually no difference from last week. 1.18 to 1.14. This might be the real crowd that's going to stay....That's freaking awesome dude.

NXT only did a little over 780K this week. Dropping by the week. Thanks Vince!!!!

11 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

WWE wanted to fire Bischoff within a couple weeks of hiring :lmao:. And remember he wasn't actually doing anything those first couple weeks. He was "getting adjusted" and trying to "understand the current product".

This was his first mistake.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

This was his first mistake.

yeah don''t try to understand the current product try to change it. I heard Vince fired him after he agreed to some creative stuff FOX wanted and Vince didn't like the ideas. So he used Eric not telling him as reason to fire him. I haven't heard what the ideas were but from people I talked too they said they didn't know specifics but the ideas were good and concrete. VKM didn't like it because of apparently who was involved in the plans and it made someone look bad he liked. My guess it had to deal with Roman or someone like that. VKM also changed draft ideas FOX had and Eric pressed hard for VKM to accept them. Vince hates people today trying to tell him what to do 

#### me... I just found out today my schedule is changing and now have to work till 10PM on Wednesday nights. They changed my Wine delivery as its now coming in with the grocery delivery which will come in from anywhere from 7AM in the morning till after 8 at night. I'm fine working the shift right now because my Department manager is with me till 6;30. I can just turn AEW on at 8 but my SD basically threatened to take me out of the department if I didn't take the shift. Thankfully for the 10PM re airing I can go home and watch what I missed 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

#### me... I just found out today my schedule is changing and now have to work till 10PM on Wednesday nights. They changed my Wine delivery as its now coming in with the grocery delivery which will come in from anywhere from 7AM in the morning till after 8 at night. I'm fine working the shift right now because my Department manager is with me till 6;30. I can just turn AEW on at 8 but my SD basically threatened to take me out of the department if I didn't take the shift. Thankfully for the 10PM re airing I can go home and watch what I missed 

What’s this 10pm re-airing? On TNT? Of the whole show?

1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yes AEW is re airing on TNT at 10 Every week so far. Next week it airs at 1am. The Misey Index first Season primier is this week. And yes the whole show 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

I should'e added but it was late when I first posted this but AEW will re air at 1AM now on TNT until 3am. Not sure if this is the new schedule do to The Misery Report or not. I would think when TNT is in-between their 10PM series shows TNT will resume re airing again at 10Pm-Midnite schedule. I thought it was a great thing to do to re air it right after. I remember when USA would re-air RAW without commercials late on a Saturday 

15 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

83 Days?

ETA: I wrote that before reading it.  I'm a genius! :lmao: 

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 1

I really think if Jason Reynolds had another minute or so, he could have beaten Aleister Black there.