Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

@DJackson10‘s buddy Seth Rollins calls AEW “minor league”. In other news, he continues to be a mark for himself. 

Seth makes himself look very petty. That Minor League's company ratings are going up weekly while his Big leagues company is crashing down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Payne said:

I really liked him, but that's just not necessary at all. What a tool. 

Seth was usually never like this but now that he's viewed at the top guy he's gotten a huge ego. In fact since he got to the main roster his ego has grown. I've seen multiple reports yearly of fan backlash of him being a d*ck to fans or a complete d-bag to fans. There was an incident I believe last year after one of the PPV's Seth defended the title. At a local store and Alexa and Braun also there. Fans said Seth was a really ####### and Alexa and Braun seemed pretty unsettled by Seth's behavior they felt the need to go apologize to the fans. Apparently he blew off a kid with some disabilities and Alexa and Braun stayed and took pics with the kid and his dad who had also just left the PPV. Completely blew my friends and I off a few yrs ago during the RR in Philly. 

Absolutely embarrassing they chose this guy as their face of the company if he's gonna treat "The WWE Universe" in public like that routinely. This is why I keep saying I don't see Becky and him lasting. Complete opposites. She actually takes time to greet and say hi to fans even if public where Seth just blows people off. No doubt in my mind he'd blow a kid in a wheel chair off if they aren't a make a wish child 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glitches appear in WWE 2k20 game

Quote

What starts as a bit glitchy—a disappearing ladder here, steel steps submerging into the ring there—quickly devolves into a nightmarish bondage horror movie when Rousey gets “caught” on the ropes, all while Kai is doing some weird backwards knee-crawl:

:lmao:

 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on Raw last night: (Watched about 10-15 minutes of it)

Wow does the opening/intro to the show make you realize they have zero stars. Shows Samoa Joe on it several times (who to my knowledge hasnt even been on these shows for months).........along with the Undertaker.  Literally it was the same couple of "stars" over and over again on the opening/intro.

Ric Flair intros Drew McIntyre to crickets. Poor guy looks like a main event star but they always have him exchanging win losses. No one gives a #### about him as such. I give Flair credit for at least trying to make Drew seem like a big deal. What is this McIntyre Reboot 3.0 (at least)? They should have pushed him to top after they brought him back after he built himself back up on the indies.

WWE trying everything to make Street Profits a big deal. I've heard good things about them. But again, you can't make the audience think a victory of Gallows/Anderson is a big deal when 1) You never even used Gallows/Anderson most of the year and 2) They're jobbing every other week and are 0-5000 vs the War Raiders.

------------------------

Just watched NWA Episode 3. I don't sit through the whole hour of it either but it's just a much much better put together show. They actually link stuff together week to week. No promos or matches go on and on.  Nothing against McIntyre-Riccohet but ~35-40 minutes into the show.....that match is STILL going on.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

A NSFW glitch.

Let’s just say I’ll never look at Charlotte’s Figure 8 the same way ever again. :oldunsure:

Oh my... That um well errr Not sure what to say 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Thoughts on Raw last night: (Watched about 10-15 minutes of it)

Wow does the opening/intro to the show make you realize they have zero stars. Shows Samoa Joe on it several times (who to my knowledge hasnt even been on these shows for months).........along with the Undertaker.  Literally it was the same couple of "stars" over and over again on the opening/intro.

Ric Flair intros Drew McIntyre to crickets. Poor guy looks like a main event star but they always have him exchanging win losses. No one gives a #### about him as such. I give Flair credit for at least trying to make Drew seem like a big deal. What is this McIntyre Reboot 3.0 (at least)? They should have pushed him to top after they brought him back after he built himself back up on the indies.

WWE trying everything to make Street Profits a big deal. I've heard good things about them. But again, you can't make the audience think a victory of Gallows/Anderson is a big deal when 1) You never even used Gallows/Anderson most of the year and 2) They're jobbing every other week and are 0-5000 vs the War Raiders.

------------------------

Just watched NWA Episode 3. I don't sit through the whole hour of it either but it's just a much much better put together show. They actually link stuff together week to week. No promos or matches go on and on.  Nothing against McIntyre-Riccohet but ~35-40 minutes into the show.....that match is STILL going on.

I didn't even watch last night and saw comments that it had to be the worst raw of the year 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Punk info.

"CM Punk is apparently talking to WWE. Should have first one on one meeting with WWE this week (place to be determined probably WWE HQs). They are willing to pay TOP $$$$. The Caveat is they want him to wrestle and he doesn't. Doesn't mean he wouldn't accept a deal nor would they not give him one. Don't be surprised if you see him on screen by Jan 2020 Goal is 1st RAW of the Year. He was scheduled to start the Backstage stuff as FOX wanted him to do it but apparently there were issues with the contract. I didn't get anything specific on what issues those were. My initial guesstimate is WWE was willing for him to do the show if he'd wrestle which he doesn't want to do. Them showing they want to back up a nice sized Bank Truck to him shows they are serious about getting Punk back. Feeling is a deal will be made. Like Paul says routinely "In our business never say never. It maybe a decade, it maybe 20 yrs from now or maybe 2. But everyone in our family always comes back eventually.""

Edited by DJackson10
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Punk returning is the one thing that might actually get me to watch on occasion again.  If he agrees to wrestle again, even for just a few matches, I have to think he would need a guarantee about main eventing Wrestlemania written into the contract, although he might be past caring about that this many years later. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

Punk returning is the one thing that might actually get me to watch on occasion again.  If he agrees to wrestle again, even for just a few matches, I have to think he would need a guarantee about main eventing Wrestlemania written into the contract, although he might be past caring about that this many years later. 

Punk has said numerous times the Main Event thing was taken out of context. Yes he wanted to ME Mania but that was because he had been promise his Match I think would be last and wasn't. The year he quit it was more or less he wanted others like Bryan and people like him to main event over the part time has beens. He had no issue wrestling a guy like Taker who has huge respect for him and rumors and from what I was told Mark wanted Phil to break the Streak. it was all setup for it but then Vince backed off on it which angered both Men. However I would think at least one Mania Main Event should be given to Punk. 

I don't think he'd be the absolute savior. You still got No Clue about today's fans Vince running the show with a bunch of TV creative Hollywood writer non wrestling fans. It might make it more interesting but eventually it'll lose its flair 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 11:54 PM, DJackson10 said:

Seth was usually never like this but now that he's viewed at the top guy he's gotten a huge ego. In fact since he got to the main roster his ego has grown. I've seen multiple reports yearly of fan backlash of him being a d*ck to fans or a complete d-bag to fans. There was an incident I believe last year after one of the PPV's Seth defended the title. At a local store and Alexa and Braun also there. Fans said Seth was a really ####### and Alexa and Braun seemed pretty unsettled by Seth's behavior they felt the need to go apologize to the fans. Apparently he blew off a kid with some disabilities and Alexa and Braun stayed and took pics with the kid and his dad who had also just left the PPV. Completely blew my friends and I off a few yrs ago during the RR in Philly. 

Absolutely embarrassing they chose this guy as their face of the company if he's gonna treat "The WWE Universe" in public like that routinely. This is why I keep saying I don't see Becky and him lasting. Complete opposites. She actually takes time to greet and say hi to fans even if public where Seth just blows people off. No doubt in my mind he'd blow a kid in a wheel chair off if they aren't a make a wish child 

The funny thing is, Vince had the right guy with Roman. He just went about the build all wrong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I didn't even watch last night and saw comments that it had to be the worst raw of the year 

It got better ratings than last week (but it had no women wrestling or lady segments). :BradSheppard:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RBM said:

The funny thing is, Vince had the right guy with Roman. He just went about the build all wrong. 

Disagree Roman was never liked by the fans. It always felt forced. Roman isn't the greatest in the ring either. He's a hard worker but many believe he was simple pushed because of who his family is. I've talked to multiple friends of mine in the business who have friends in WWE and many believed Roman was the wrong choice. Multiple guys felt they needed to keep pushing Punk and with Daniel Bryan getting hot many believed the Main Event of Mania should've been Punk being champion with Bryan winning the Rumble not Rock vs Cena again and Bryan having to face Batista and or Triple H. Punk hated the fact guys who worked hard who were skilled in the ring who the fans liked were being shorted for older guys Vince felt HE OWED SOMETHING TOO. And the refusal to turn Roman heel is a huge issue. They should've turned him the night after he Beat Taker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

It got better ratings than last week (but it had no women wrestling or lady segments). :BradSheppard:

 

Yeah saw that Not sure how that got better ratings then the week before. I guess the MNF blow out helped and people didn't tune in as much to the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

More WWE2k20 hilarity

NSFW due to language. 

I played last night and besides a slite hiccup I hardy every get the glitches these other people get. it seems its mostly online mode many of these happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucha Bros beat Private Party advance to Tag Finals at Full Gear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warlow!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SC UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Beats Dark Order in the Finals 

SC UUUUU vs Lucha Bros Finals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God this is so entertaining 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

God this is so entertaining 

My brethren, if you watch nothing else this week, you have GOT to watch the 8:00 top of hour segment

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hagmania said:

AEW IS ####### INCREDIBLE

I'm glad COdi references the involved boundary between the ropes. That's bugged me for yrs. WWE would've stopped them before they even got up the steps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMFAO!! PAC was able to get an ####### CHANT going. Whens the last time someone in WWE did that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

LMFAO!! PAC was able to get an ####### CHANT going. Whens the last time someone in WWE did that? 

Think they were chanting BASTARD at him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Think they were chanting BASTARD at him

I thought I heard ####### but could be wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news I love Moxley's entrance theme 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moxley Dirty Deeds the Ref!!!! They need to have him go full Austin 3:16 in AEW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balor is ####### HEEL FINALLY!!!! Heel Balor = Awesomeness

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Warlow!!!!!!!!!

Wardlow comes from Pittsburgh Indy International Wrestling Cartel. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

More WWE2k20 hilarity

NSFW due to language. 

That is absolutely ridiculous. A game should never be released with those types of problems. People should be fired for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Payne said:

That is absolutely ridiculous. A game should never be released with those types of problems. People should be fired for that. 

They won't and they should make the ultimate team stuff and all in sports games paywall's illegal. It's introducing gambling to minors. NBA2K has huge issues and they use Ronnie 2K to make all these promises and none never happened. One of these days these companies will be sued for false advertising. It's also like many of these companies didn't put effort this year into any games because of the next Gen Consoles coming out. Also I can't get The Fiend even though I pre ordered the game as an unlocked character until after I play and beat their stupid Towers mode in the game that has him. 

These companies get to release games constantly that have bugs just because they can. People will buy it and people won't go after them legally for it. However I'm giving WWE2K the Benefit of the doubt this year. Yukes left them high and dry without warning 6 months ago. Developers were already working on this game right shortly after or already had a group of people starting work shortly before last years release on this years games. But when a huge part of your company leaves right in the middle well that kind of sucks and does damage to everyone. The ones hurt the most are the fans though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun Fact: It's been 27 years since since JR and Tony Schiavone worked together. Hangman Page is 27...

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Myles tweeted about a WWE oversight on a shirt design for him by WWE. Among reports multiple sources say it was a genuine mistake to create merch that had racially insensitive perceive. Will WWE apologize? No guarantee they will considering how they've acted towards minorities over the years. After the tweets today will Myles Succeed in WWE again? Highly doubtful 

Just bad all the way around and another mistake when you have an upstart company moving in? The people in WWE are really ###### 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer is they will issue a non-apology that is also most likely a lie.

 

WWE claims ACH approved the t-shirt design.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Among the 3 brands (or more if you count UK) of WWE, there's like 4000 "superstars" on all the rosters.  How does one guy on NXT figure to rise to the top, let alone by being on the bad side of VKM and/or HHH?  Everyone can't win every match... like Aleister Black.  

I agree that the t-shirt is crappy.  I didn't see racism at first glance (just a real ugly shirt) but after reading/seeing responses in the tweet thread, I can see that point of view.  WWE should apologize and do better by Jordan. 

But he may as well try to sign with AEW or Japan.  He'll get squashed by creative in WWE like <insert anyone here like EC3>.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I must be missing something - what is the racial angle here? I'm shuked.

ETA - ok, I just read the twitter comments and now understand what the issue is. While the insensitivity was clearly lost on me, it seems WWE needs more diversity in the office building. This should have been easily avoided.

Edited by soothsayer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soothsayer said:

I must be missing something - what is the racial angle here? I'm shuked.

ETA - ok, I just read the twitter comments and now understand what the issue is. While the insensitivity was clearly lost on me, it seems WWE needs more diversity in the office building. This should have been easily avoided.

If they'd have run it by ACH, he would've given you his thoughts and hence the E had a chance to change it before it blows up like it did.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smackdown drew 888k :lmao: Time to throw them on FS1.....actually they were just thrown there. Time to demote them to the Fox Sports Go app.

AEW actually outdrew Smackdown in the ratings. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't care if the world series is an excuse. For a show they're trying to hype as on the same level as Raw, this should never happen. Laughable. Bunch of clowns over at WWE.

https://comicbook.com/wwe/2019/10/28/aew-dynamite-beat-wwe-smackdown-ratings-lowest-ratings-history-oct-23-oct-25/

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hagmania said:

The answer is they will issue a non-apology that is also most likely a lie.

 

WWE claims ACH approved the t-shirt design.

He makes a few valid points on how value or devalue WWE does minority wrestlers that are black. Bringing Hogan back after an apology when there were guys still in the locker room not happy with him and voiced being uncomfortable around Hulk even after the Locker room apology and WWE apparently blew guys/gals off who voiced that to them. He lost credit when going after Jay Lethal in a since deleted tweet

However from his side of the story (It makes sense from the people I've talked to this seems to always be communication issue) that he voiced his opinion on the shirt first had. The shirt was then redone and he voiced his displeasure again but was told that Triple H had approved it so he said he figured he had no choice but to approve it.. When he talked to Hunter about it, Hunter flat out told him he had the impression from people that he talked to that Myles approved of the shirt. Hunter was apparently confused why someone would tell him Jordan approved of it without having talked to him yet and then telling him (Hunter) it was ok. 

My guess theories here and I got two of them:

One I've been told numerous times over the last few months WWE ain't releasing anyone with AEW out there in fear of talent being taken. You have to do something Hulk Hogan esc or something similar for WWE to release you where they have no choice but too. I think Myles is trying to do exactly that if WWE can prove he's smearing WWE.

Two I think the design was an honest mistake not really thinking before making it type thing, Jordan overreacted after the initial one had to be redone (possible lied to Hunter /Myles to get the shirt approved) do to this info. 

I think he makes some great points on Hogan and other things in WWE on the race issue but loses credit on the ROH and Lethal bashing. I've heard from people I know there Jordan AKA in ROH ACH was going to get a nice push as they were happy what he had done in NJPW that year in the Super JRs Tag Tourney that year. But instead left to pursue other goals in the wrestling scene. He was iN NJPW for a cup of coffee and wrestled at WK in in 2017 

Either way it looks like an oversight by WWE and they try and cover it up with some virtue signaling comments 

Edited by DJackson10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Among the 3 brands (or more if you count UK) of WWE, there's like 4000 "superstars" on all the rosters.  How does one guy on NXT figure to rise to the top, let alone by being on the bad side of VKM and/or HHH?  Everyone can't win every match... like Aleister Black.  

I agree that the t-shirt is crappy.  I didn't see racism at first glance (just a real ugly shirt) but after reading/seeing responses in the tweet thread, I can see that point of view.  WWE should apologize and do better by Jordan. 

But he may as well try to sign with AEW or Japan.  He'll get squashed by creative in WWE like <insert anyone here like EC3>.  

The shirt is similar to the smiliey face Turtleneck design that people got up in arms over about. Same colors as well. If true it sounds like the designer or more lied to Jordan and Hunter about it. I don't see Hunter being racist nor is Steph IMHO. Question can be asked if VKM is though. Hunter just allowed Lio Rush back after issues and everyone thought he was essentially fired or granted a release. Jordan was being pushed in NXT to winning the rising stars Tourney and everything. So not sure you can say he wasn't being pushed already but this won't help him. If it's found out someone lied to Jordan and Hunter they are in HUGE TROUBLE and they should be looking into finding another job while they are still in WWE for now because they are getting #### canned the minute they get got. I can See Hunter not letting Jordan go at that point and just letting him sit a few weeks and settle down and come back when everything blows over. 

Either way this isn't what WWE needs going into a very controversial week already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found an interesting list on who won't be at Terrorist Blood money PPV

Aliestar Black: Becase he has too much pink on his body and only wears trunks. Unlike guys like Roman and AJ who have those parts covered

Sami Zayn: He's Syrian obvious issues here

The Whole WOmen's Division: Above reason Applies

Daniel Bryan: Possible considering he didn't go last year. 

K.O: His family doesn't want him to go and he may not go anyway as they won't let Sami in anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myles was apparently suspended for Conduct and hasn't been at the PC in over a month. He apparently stirs the pot and causes trouble. WWE is looking for a buyout and will release him in the next 36-48 hrs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't care if the world series is an excuse. For a show they're trying to hype as on the same level as Raw, this should never happen. Laughable. Bunch of clowns over at WWE.

https://comicbook.com/wwe/2019/10/28/aew-dynamite-beat-wwe-smackdown-ratings-lowest-ratings-history-oct-23-oct-25/

Should note SD was on FS1 this week. I knew some of this but more clarity from my buddy who works in TV and his opinion on this also Dish got rid of FOX I believe

"While WWE expected similar numbers to USA or even Friday night Smackdown on Sci-fi, FS1 is on a special TV package, meaning that not everyone has the TV channel, FS1 is a sports channel usually at the very end of the listings in all major cable and dish service providers. It’s a hard to find Channel and Fox knew it, period. This channel used to be Speed Network and wasn’t a popular channel."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.