Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

WWE Twitter

Tweet below WWE's is Yellow. JFC WOW 

7 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

WWE Twitter

Tweet below WWE's is Yellow. JFC WOW 

That account has been shooting itself in the foot a lot lately.

• Like 1

Russev / Lana / Lashley is good shlt pal.

Everyone is interested in a story that starts on Chapter 10. :thumbup: That's five minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Fortunately it's the only 5 of the show I watched.

• Laughing 1

RAW sucked as usual, but that Humberto cat can wrestle.  Nice match with AJ.

45 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Russev / Lana / Lashley is good shlt pal.

Everyone is interested in a story that starts on Chapter 10. :thumbup: That's five minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Fortunately it's the only 5 of the show I watched.

Yeah this whole story line is so cringeworthy, it's astonishing.  Even for WWE.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Vince must love cuckhold stories. SMH 

12 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

That account has been shooting itself in the foot a lot lately.

Brad Sheppard got them good the other day when they tried to go after him. I forget what it was but I think it was the fact he got something with members of a match right and that account said the wrong names 

From a source:

"as reported earlier yesterday ACH was ok his way out of wwe. Officials talked Vince into having a meeting with him and he was given an ultimatum, either you apologize or we let you go and youll never work a match again. He apologized today..."

From what I got out of this it sounded never work another match in the business again 

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

From a source:

"as reported earlier yesterday ACH was ok his way out of wwe. Officials talked Vince into having a meeting with him and he was given an ultimatum, either you apologize or we let you go and youll never work a match again. He apologized today..."

From what I got out of this it sounded never work another match in the business again 

I don’t know how much sway VKM has with other promotions outside of his umbrella. I mean, if Court Bauer wanted him, what’s Vince going to do about it?

I can’t imagine RoH being pleased with him dragging Jay Lethal and his broken arm into it. 

Edited by Tom Servo

3 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

I don’t know how much sway VKM has with other promotions outside of his umbrella. I mean, if Court Bauer wanted him, what’s Vince going to do about it?

I can’t imagine RoH being pleased with him dragging Jay Lethal and his broken arm into it. 

Theres a lot I heard about this guy that wouldn't sit well with other promotions if they found out. I'm sure those who worked with him prior already know some of them. Not privy to say what most of these are but Vince could leak them and when confirmed by his (Jordan's) former promotions could really black ball him out of wrestling. I talked to a few NJPW guys at the Tour I was at in late Sept and there was not a lot said positive about working with Myles back then. Didn't believe a lot of it at the time but when this whole thing happened and I talked to the WWE guys I knew it essentially confirmed what the NJPW guys had told me. It wasn't that I didn't want to believe the NJPW guys as it was more I really didn't know these guys and I just met them that day so I didn't know if there was an agenda behind it or not. I felt after the issues going on with Myles it was safe to ask for confirmation on the stuff I got from that show. Pretty much a lot if not all true.

There was nothing like domestic incidents or anything like that. Just more so the guy would turn on you and your company if he could make a quick buck off you. He's a race baiter among other things. Other promotions aren't going to want that type of person with today's landscape of the world. You don't want to hire this guy and end up with a Jusse Smollet situation I was told. There were other issues as well here. He's also incredible entitled person as well. Most of these issues didn't come out till he was winning the Young Prospects or whatever it was NXT Tourney. Then that success went to his head got a bigger ego and his real self started coming out more

Like I said he's been missing from the PC over a month now do to a Suspension for conduct. I wasn't told what it was actually for other then what they are calling it was why. Funny you mentioned Court Bauer and I talked to one guy who worked closely when he was in WWE and he said Bauer knows who he is and wouldn't hire him. A few people I talked to said privately they will say they agree with a lot of what Jordan said about WWE especially concerning the Hogan thing and VKM and others ignoring the Black wrestlers concerned after theology as well however he went about it the wrong way. 

I was also told some of the minority talent are still not ok with Hulk in the locker room present. They feel the whole Saudi Thing is irony considering the political landscape over there as well. 

• Like 1

Lacey Evans v. Natalya to wrestle at Blood Money   Crown Jewel.

I'm guessing they're going to wear full body condoms like Leslie Nielson and Priscilla Presley did in The Naked Gun.

• Laughing 2

On 10/29/2019 at 12:26 PM, coyote5 said:

I don't get why they do stories like that.  Thought they were pg-family now. May as well bring back Val Venis and have him chase around dames with his crooked penis.  

Just terrible. 

22 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I don't get why they do stories like that.  Thought they were pg-family now. May as well bring back Val Venis and have him chase around dames with his crooked penis.  

Just terrible. 

CHOPPY CHOPPY YOU PEE PEE!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Just terrible. 

Val Venis was awesome dude :lmao:

• Like 4

"The Big Valbowski is a lot like concrete mix, you know? You just get it a little wet, take a step back, and watch it get rock hard."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

• Like 2

AEW Dynamite put on another great show last night.  Remind me again why should bother with RAW/SDL ever again?

• Like 1

Lesnar beat Cain Velasquez in TWO MINUTES at Crown Jewel! 
🤣 :lmao:

They squashed Kofi for THAT?!?!?

• Laughing 2

21 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Just terrible. 

WWE  has been experimenting with stuff seeing what they can and can't get away with stuff. Started awhile ago with the Lana Topless in the locker room that drew huge hits. 

6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

AEW Dynamite put on another great show last night.  Remind me again why should bother with RAW/SDL ever again?

I missed it thanks to my new schedule. I didn't get home till late and had to catch up on Mayans first that I forgot to watch because with Smackdown moving to Fridays it kind of screwed up the schedule of stuff in my head. I'll watch AEW later. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Forgot this PPV to entertain the people responsible for 9/11 was on now. Thought it didn't start till like 2 or something

4 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Forgot this PPV to entertain the people responsible for 9/11 was on now. Thought it didn't start till like 2 or something

Here’s the entire match. I’m not kidding.

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

What a #### show. I'd rather go back and watch my Eagles get their ### kicked by Dallas then watch anything WWE right now 

Caught the end of Allahween Havoc and the Brock/Cain clip.

Like Brock beating Cain in 2 mins. Not really a fan of how they did it. Would have highlighted Cain's lack of wrestling experience and ended it with a wrestling F5 instead of him looking completely inept in MMA-style wrestling match ending.  I really had no problem with Brock destroying Kofi either. Kofi had his moment.....and owes a lot of credit to Daniel Bryan for making people care.

Finally get the belt off Rollins :thumbup: As long as they don't overexpose the Fiend, I love the switch and the best thing they've done in awhile. They need to flop Rollins heel. I find him meh either way but he's far less worse as a heel. 

Still think they should do Bray Wyatt on 1 TV show and The Fiend on the other on a non-weekly basis with him rarely wrestling outside their PPVs.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

I saw some highlights and one thing really pissed me off. I haven't asked around on this one but I know with wrestlers certain moves or stuff legends do is off limits as a respect to said legend. It's ok for a Tombstone and throat slash as a take Tribute or a stunner 1 finger salute for Austin etc but Fury doing the Undertake sit up just really bugged me big time. That just seems like something that is more of a Taker/Kane type move then it should be for your normal wrestler. I know The Fiend did it but gimmick wise it made sense for his character. For Fury that doesn't make any sense. I mean Taker could've ok'd it and if so still mad but I'd be less upset by it. However there's just certain things off limits when you are coming in as an outsider you do not do.

I remember being at a ROH show yrs ago before it became popular to like them and there was a match. I can't remember who was in it but someone did a move as a finisher a few times that night. People wondered why the guy did it. He said he liked so and so and wanted to pay tribute to the wrestler. Now that I think about it I think he was doing a 619 into a three amigos frog splash. A few people reprimanded this guy in the back as they felt that he didn't ask nor did he know Eddie Guerrero or Rey Mystero. When one of the ROH people who got Rey's contact info from Gabe Spolinski who was in ECW when Rey was there and called him Rey said he'd have appreciated if the talent had found a way to contact about him using it before doing it. It kind of became a low key big thing within the company privately and between some of the diehard fans there weekly. This was well before Eddie died or the dirt sheets were what they are now or this thing would've gotten public. Gabe kept it as private as possible out of respect for two guys he'd known and has respected for ages at that point. I think the guy who tried the moves only wrestled a few more times for ROH (Wasn't a big talent just a guy from the DOJO) and didn't wrestle much after that. I remember one of my guys bringing up the dude a few yrs ago and someone said he went back home and became a math teacher or something. Doesn't wrestle at all besides putting one school event together to raise money each year. 

Either way just an example how something you think is paying homage to a certain guy you like backfires. Rey had no ill will towards the guy just disappointed. This is why you see wrestlers like Mic Foley giving their blessing to Callahan using the Pile Driver, Fiend The Claw and Moxley the Double Underhook DT or Steen asking Austin if it's ok to use his Stunner. It shows respect to that talent. If I ever wwrestled and wanted to use the DDT as my finisher I'd be asking Jake Roberts if it was ok to do it as a tribute to the originator first out of respect. Or if I wanted to go about using the Kendo stick as my main prop as a tribute to Sandman I'd sit down and ask him first. Knowing Jim though he'd be like #### yeah dude go for it!!! 

17 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Didn't watch it and don't care. THIS is exactly why the WWE is a horrible product. The Lesner squashing people concept was old and tired years ago. Do people really enjoy it??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Payne said:

Didn't watch it and don't care. THIS is exactly why the WWE is a horrible product. The Lesner squashing people concept was old and tired years ago. Do people really enjoy it??

I don't think anybody enjoys Brock "I work 2 combined hours in the ring a year" Lesnar at this point.

• Like 1

SPECIAL SMACKDOWN tonight as flight issues won't allow performers to make it back in time from their 20 hour Saudi Arabia flight.

It'll actually probably spike the ratings as people will think they're getting something different from the regular 2 hour shlt show.

1 minute ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

SPECIAL SMACKDOWN tonight as flight issues won't allow performers to make it back in time from their 20 hour Saudi Arabia flight.

It'll actually probably spike the ratings as people will think they're getting something different from the regular 2 hour shlt show.

Special Smackdown --> THE RETURN OF THE WILDCARD RULE :lmao: 

With a new draft to be conducted next Friday!!!

Imagine being Fox in like Week 3 or 4 of this shlt show.

Wouldn't it have been a lot cheaper to throw on some Cops reruns on a Friday night?

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Daniel Bryan vs. Sami Zayn in a best of seven match. 😂

It'll be an all Women's show (minus Lacey and Natalya, of course).  Since they didn't go to the desert, they'll be readily available.

Could possible also do a 205 Live Takeover for the timeslot and introduce that to the Fox audience.

3 minutes ago, Peak said:

It'll be an all Women's show (minus Lacey and Natalya, of course).  Since they didn't go to the desert, they'll be readily available.

Could possible also do a 205 Live Takeover for the timeslot and introduce that to the Fox audience.

Probably the case to celebrate the 2 women.

NXT invading to start off them being involved at Survivor Series would be more interesting IMO.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Its not flight issues. I spoke to a few people and some dirty sheets are reporting Saudi Arabia is holding them against their will. WWE will apparently deny this is the case to keep relations with the Saudis. Several stars have come out publicly like Rusev/ Buddy Murphy have sent out tweets. Its a huge issue right now. 8 top Stars and 13 of their big time production guys are still in SA 

FOX is aware of the situation Around 7PM EST time tonight the WWE people in Riyad were told to get ready to pack up and the flight will leave soon 

Also it's not just a mechanical issue as Washington DC and the White House have been briefed on the situation 

U.S. Ambassador John Abizaid is also involved. This could very likely be WWE's last time in Saudi Arabia hopefully for the safety of talent and employees 

• Like 1

Teagen Nox :whistle::heart::wub:

2 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

WTF are the Saudis doing? What purpose?

No idea no one ever knows 

1 minute ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Adam Cole babay v Daniel Bryan.

Hilarious this is best SD on Fox yet. NXT is laying waste.

Maybe Hunter running things after all will be good 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

WTF are the Saudis doing? What purpose?

Brad Shephard is reporting that KSA owes WWE money for past shows. WWE is not going back until they pay up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom Servo said:

Brad Shephard is reporting that KSA owes WWE money for past shows. WWE is not going back until they pay up. 

That's not surprising the Saudis get their way one way or another 

3 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

People are going after Brad but anyone who knows what Saudi Arabia really is and educated themselves and doesn't go by the US Educational and News BS we get here is not surprised by this situation. A few even reported when this deal came up something like this could happen

Ali reports they are on a plane. Tweeted 3 mins ago from his twitter