Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Question for you guys, idk maybe I've been listening to too much Cornette lol, but does anybody else want Excalibur to take off that dopey mask? I'm getting tired of staring at that thing every week...

25 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Here is an article

And his Twitter

I don't see a tweet of him admitting it though. Maybe I missed the tweet but quick skim gives me nothing 

Just now, DJackson10 said:

I don't see a tweet of him admitting it though. Maybe I missed the tweet but quick skim gives me nothing 

True, I also just read apparently Tony Khan himself approached him after the incident at some point as well, which you'd figure would be odd if it was any Joe Schmo. I don't know if there's any camera footage of that happening.

Just now, ShamrockPride said:

Question for you guys, idk maybe I've been listening to too much Cornette lol, but does anybody else want Excalibur to take off that dopey mask? I'm getting tired of staring at that thing every week...

You're listening to Corentte too much. I would like him to tone down him over announcing moves like it's a huge part of the match. Didn't mind a few spots that needed it in Full gear but he goes over the top especially a PileDriver 

• Like 1

Just now, ShamrockPride said:

True, I also just read apparently Tony Khan himself approached him after the incident at some point as well, which you'd figure would be odd if it was any Joe Schmo. I don't know if there's any camera footage of that happening.

The guy could be BS'ing to get some clout and his name out there. He's 21 I've never heard of him till now. Also like I said talking to a few people in different companies its not something companies want to do themselves and enable such behavior. 

Breaking News: CM PUNK HAS RETURNED!!!!! He was revealed on WWE Backstage and said he'll be there next week 

Also Breaking News: The Miz and Paige sign new multi-year contracts to stay with WWE according to WWE Backstage 

As awesome as the Moxley Omega match was, they had one unindented oops I think.  For 6 weeks the announcers have driven home the point that "the apron of the ring is the hardest part, there is no padding there!"  everytime someone does a move outside the ropes.  Since I have never watched a ring get built I just went with it, suspension of disbelief, and assumed there was actually less or no padding there.   Then Moxley goes and takes apart the ring to expose the boards and shows that yes, there actually is the same padding that goes all the way to the edge of the boards.    They should have rigged it so that one corner was missing padding (and all the wrestlers just avoided it), or somehow adhered that padding so it was attached to the underside of the mat so it pulled up and away easier.  Something so we weren't shown a completely padded corner.

3 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

As awesome as the Moxley Omega match was, they had one unindented oops I think.  For 6 weeks the announcers have driven home the point that "the apron of the ring is the hardest part, there is no padding there!"  everytime someone does a move outside the ropes.  Since I have never watched a ring get built I just went with it, suspension of disbelief, and assumed there was actually less or no padding there.   Then Moxley goes and takes apart the ring to expose the boards and shows that yes, there actually is the same padding that goes all the way to the edge of the boards.    They should have rigged it so that one corner was missing padding (and all the wrestlers just avoided it), or somehow adhered that padding so it was attached to the underside of the mat so it pulled up and away easier.  Something so we weren't shown a completely padded corner.

Actually they are right. Theres more give in the Center because of the springs. The outer edge is harder as there is no give and it's fairly solid. It's like a base. Think of it as a trapoline. Harder spots are too the edge 

Spoke to a source last night who said Punk was suppose to be introduced for Backstage premiere of SDLIVE on FOX however do to small issues in the contract plus Phil's prior commitments he wouldn't be able to start until the following month. Source says doesn't see him wrestling anytime soon and he's a FOX EMPLOYEE NOT WWE. For Punk to wrestle he'd have to be paid huge money from WWE plus he'd want something similar to Brocks deal where he shows up when he wants on his time. WWE Okayed the deal as they wanted to keep him away from AEW. There were talks with AEW but for what ever reason they died down. Said the talks were very friendly with them. Also said if Punk ever wrestles in WWE its not gonna be for some BS or goofy ####. It's gonna be Main eventing one of the big 4 PPVs. 

Punk also did the interview for FOX and audition as the talent person in WWE working with Fox to bring people in is someone Punk is still friends with and trusts. If the Interview was strictly VKM and Paul he'd have not done it. Plus FOX is hiring him so he's technically not working for WWE 

26 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Actually they are right. Theres more give in the Center because of the springs. The outer edge is harder as there is no give and it's fairly solid. It's like a base. Think of it as a trapoline. Harder spots are too the edge 

I understand that, but unless I imagined it, they have mentioned the lack of padding around the edges.

18 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Also said if Punk ever wrestles in WWE its not gonna be for some BS or goofy ####. It's gonna be Main eventing one of the big 4 PPVs. 

So he is now exactly what his pipe bomb was about, a part timer who gets to just show up and headline a PPV when the people working every day get passed over?

2 minutes ago, UOFI_316 said:

I understand that, but unless I imagined it, they have mentioned the lack of padding around the edges.

So he is now exactly what his pipe bomb was about, a part timer who gets to just show up and headline a PPV when the people working every day get passed over?

It was more so saying Punk has ZERO interest currently wrestling. He's happy where he's at mentally and physically now. The source even said even if all of that is agreed to it wouldn't shock them if Punk still said No. Also Punk was actually for Part timers coming in where it made sense in a storyline or something. Just felt they shouldn't take spots away from other talent who deserve to be on the show. Punk was talking about how WWE uses the part timers more as a ratings draw than anything else and that doesn't help the current talent either. 

People mistaken his pipe bomb as he was never for part timers. He's for them where it makes sense. Just didn't like how they were brought in taking spots from deserving talent all for ratings. 

Agree Punk shouldn't be taking spots from the massively over current talent in WWE.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Laughing 3

ACH/Jordan Myles quits WWE.

Per Brad Shepard, a WWE source said he was fired and called him “insane”. 

Yikes. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

19 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Yikes. 

He was fired Myles didn't quit 

ACH has been fired by WWE, papers went out on the mail today. He will have no compensation and a no compete clause for 365 days, just like PAC.

Also per a source

"getting great intel that either the second or the season finale of the broken skull Steve Austin show will be a clear the air show with no other than CM Punk"

24 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Yikes. 

Sucks for him but the dude was bat#### crazy. Heard a crazy rumor he was trying to get himself canned. He was suspended a month prior to all of this from the PC for conduct. I heard he made up most of the T-shirt crap. WWE told him to apologize or he'd be fired and WWE would make his life miserable not be able to find work. He apologizes and then continues to act like a clown. WWE today said enough is enough you are done. 

Play stupid games win stupid prizes as they say 

I love AEW with JR. Replaying the highlights of Full Gear and I laugh during MJF turning on Codi and JR calling him a Little B@stard!!!!! God when's the last time you heard commentary like that in WWE besides Graves Holy ##### 

I think Justin Roberts like saying Jon or in his case (Johan) Moxley 

Oh look Luchasuraus is Back!!!! The Dinosaur is back!!!!

WarLow is here!!!!!

MJF going toe to toe with Y2J promo wise is $$$$$ 

MJF has his own security now 

9 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

MJF going toe to toe with Y2J promo wise is $$$$$ 

MJF has his own security now 

None other than Wardlow from Pittsburgh area Indy IWC. 

Cody couldn't quite finish the power slam on the portly Jericho. 

Instead of the corporate elbow, Jericho's finishing move should be the corpulent elbow.   

• Laughing 1

16 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Juventud!  Blast from the past. :lmao:

Juventud, Psicosis and Super Crazy are at the 2300 ECW Arena next Aug for a Lucha legends event. All 3 will be on a panel. Gonna try to get tickets closer to the event for this as Psicosis was one of my favorites growing up. Had my dad make a leather mask for me from an old leather tool belt looking like his mask for me when I was little too 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Juventud!  Blast from the past. :lmao:

Somewhere in Mexico, he's gonna find out he was name dropped and be like, what?

• Laughing 1

39 minutes ago, hagmania said:

My favorite wrestler is 65,000,000 years old.

And he has a Masters degree (in history).

• Like 1

Jordan Myles AKA ACH has deleted his twitter account. Probably for the best 

Punk showing up is just another instance of WWE using massively over old timers to prop up the current roster/company's tanking product. Oh yeah, and he's not going to be wrestling. So no, I'm not giving half a #### about some CM Punk analyst role.

4 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Punk showing up is just another instance of WWE using massively over old timers to prop up the current roster/company's tanking product. Oh yeah, and he's not going to be wrestling. So no, I'm not giving half a #### about some CM Punk analyst role.

Someone mentioned even though Fox hired him he could still technically sign with AEW and debut for them. How awkward would that be. The ultimate stick it to Vince 

11 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

I saw something like this on Twitter:

The same fans who chant CM Punk's name at matches are the same ones calling him a sellout for being on this FOX show.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Damn, that makes me feel old. :lol: 

I thought their match at the Great American Bash that year was better, but the I Quit match was great as well. 

You and me both, GB. 

• Thanks 1

Brad Shepherd has a source that’s said FOX was not happy about the stuffed dog segment on SDL last night. 

VKM is about to find out that someone has bigger grapefruits than him and will have no compunction about telling him what time it is. 

4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Brad Shepherd has a source that’s said FOX was not happy about the stuffed dog segment on SDL last night. 

VKM is about to find out that someone has bigger grapefruits than him and will have no compunction about telling him what time it is. 

I missed everything last night because of BS at work 

Just now, DJackson10 said:

I missed everything last night because of BS at work 

I didn’t watch; I refuse to be scarred by WWE programming. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Also my co worker isn't doing Smackdown as it's more money to get credentials for them so he's only doing RAW so he didn't go last night but he told me it was a ####show anyway. I said at least Adam Cole Bey Bey got to come home 

From 2 sources and one being my coworker thanks to the guys being in town this week he was DM'd last night:

" WWE wants to get out of the way first fans wanting Punk vs Shane for Best in the World title and then see him in a realty match with Triple H. WWE is letting Punk settle in first, get familiar with the boys again then go and talk to him about it. They'd prefer a packaged deal with AJ Lee coming back and doing a storyline tag Match eventually involving The Authority." 

CM PUNK backstage before going on

To add more to the AJ Lee stuff she is seen a bit in the background and you can hear her voice 

6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Per Brad Shepherd 

In 7 episodes, #WWE #SmackdownOnFox has lost 1,538,000 viewers (about 40% of their initial audience). During the same period, they lost .70 viewers in the key 18-49 adult demographic (50% of their initial audience).

FOX probably asking why the F did they pay for this #### now 

15 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

From 2 sources and one being my coworker thanks to the guys being in town this week he was DM'd last night:

" WWE wants to get out of the way first fans wanting Punk vs Shane for Best in the World title and then see him in a realty match with Triple H. WWE is letting Punk settle in first, get familiar with the boys again then go and talk to him about it. They'd prefer a packaged deal with AJ Lee coming back and doing a storyline tag Match eventually involving The Authority." 

I have said for years that Punk returning is the one thing that could possibly get me to watch WWE again, but I would rather he not come back rather than go back to work a program with Triple H and the rest of that ##### family.   

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

I have said for years that Punk returning is the one thing that could possibly get me to watch WWE again, but I would rather he not come back rather than go back to work a program with Triple H and the rest of that ##### family.   

If done correctly and Punk can speak freely like the Pipe Bombs a program with Hunter would be pretty good. However I do not want to see the whole Authority involved in it. 

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

If done correctly and Punk can speak freely like the Pipe Bombs a program with Hunter would be pretty good. However I do not want to see the whole Authority involved in it. 

Triple H can #### off into the nearest river.