Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Seeing Seth Rollins beg for a match with CM Punk is so pathetic :lmao: 

Guy is seriously delusional. Probably thinks it's a dream match that everyone wants to see. No match that involves Seth Rollins is a "dream match".

The only way people will have any interest in it whatsoever is if PUNK cuts a promo to the extent "This company has been so bad since I've been gone because of you. Look at the empty arenas. Look at the ratings". There's nothing SETH can say to draw people in. Not to Punk. Not to anyone. He's a boring vanilla rassler that sucks with promos and incorporates zero ring psychology yet somehow believes he's the best wrestler in the world. 

I guarantee if you ask people what Punk match they want to see, most of the answers are going to be Joe/Bryan......and even 50 year old HHH. At least there's a story with the latter. Imagine AJ's name would be before as well.

People say 74 year old Vince is out of touch. Age seems to be his reason, what's Seth's??

---------------------

NWA Power is pretty good. Only wrestling show I watch. Only an hour or less and it's broken up quite well with shorter matches and for the most part solid wrestling promos. They've done a pretty good job getting people on their roster that can speak. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 2

WWE employee wins 24/7 title

I don't hate this except for the fact it wasn't shown anywhere on TV or social media. Given the fact that the DDT Pro Heavymetalweight championship has had ladders, blow up dolls and the belt itself as champions, I'm okay with it.  (The Japanese title comes as a spoof of the old WWF Hardcore title.)

Apparently Cornette made an insensitive comment during TNA Powerrr that they've since edited out.

He reportedly used the same comment during a WWF broadcast.......back in 1995 :lmao: 

JFC I know the guy's not been relevant in wrestling for long over 2 decades. But to use the same exact comment 25 years later to just confirm it is awesome. 

I really don't know why any company would hire Cornette. Guy is a mentally ill dumpster fire. His outlandish comments aren't funny.. It's just sad that a 60 year old man can be filled with such hate.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Thanks 1

I had a dream last night that I met the NXT UK tag team champions...and they were a pair of 10 year old boys.

You know when you have a weird dream and then wake up?  You think to yourself, "That was weird and can't happen."  Well, in this case I woke up and thought to myself, "I can see Vince doing that." 

That's how bad WWE is right now.

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Laughing 1

11 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Apparently Cornette made an insensitive comment during TNA Powerrr that they've since edited out.

He reportedly used the same comment during a WWF broadcast.......back in 1995 :lmao: 

JFC I know the guy's not been relevant in wrestling for long over 2 decades. But to use the same exact comment 25 years later to just confirm it is awesome. 

I really don't know why any company would hire Cornette. Guy is a mentally ill dumpster fire. His outlandish comments aren't funny.. It's just sad that a 60 year old man can be filled with such hate.

And Cornette has now resigned. 👍 

And now cue him ranting on his podcast. And probably sending death threats the way to anyone associated with NWA.

Because that's what mentally well 60 year olds do.

4 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

And Cornette has now resigned. 👍 

And now cue him ranting on his podcast. And probably sending death threats the way to anyone associated with NWA.

Because that's what mentally well 60 year olds do.

It is in some respects sad, because if there's one thing he's passionate about is the NWA and that old school wrestling.  Another aspect that's sad (for him) is he has a lot of bitterness and rage (Vince Russo to the yellow courtesy phone!) that it's warped him.  I've seen it in my dad...old, bitter, and not willing to let go of old grievances.

I like my JC in moderate doses, but he does need some help emotionally and I pray he gets it.

• Like 1

What Cornette did on commentary was tame to most everything he's done recently. And he made the comments over a month ago and could have been edited so he's obviously the fall guy here.

That he's a piece of shlt human being didn't help him. Safe to say IMO this is the last we'll see of him in the wrestling business. NWA was the perfect fit for him from a historical and taped (you'd have thought :lol: ) perspective.

I use to enjoy listening to Cornette talk wrestling history. Don't enjoy listening to him at all anymore. His Russo obsession of almost 25 years is just sad. He believes he can say whatever he wants w/o consequence. And well, he found out today he can't. And what he said is a drop in the bucket compared to many many things he's said in the recent past.

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

On the Experience this Friday.

Of course, he’s getting dragged in the comments. 

Prediction:

Cornette proves the decision to part ways with him was a great choice on his next podcast.

Edit: He really just should have apologized. Instead he'll just double down, burn that bridge and rant on his podcast. There's not a better fit in wrestling for him than NWA. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

AEW was fantastic as always.

I fell asleep before the Darby - Moxley match. :kicksrock:

In a shocking twist, RAW and SD invade NXT.

Ranallo:  "It's complete and utter CHAOS!!!"  

My new favorite thing to watch is Jungle Boy's reaction to Orange Cassidy kicks.  During last night's battle royale, and the Double or Nothing battle royale he is laying in the corner when Cassidy starts his kicks.  Jungle Boy get more animated with each one, shielding his eyes from the carnage.

• Laughing 1

26 minutes ago, UOFI_316 said:

My new favorite thing to watch is Jungle Boy's reaction to Orange Cassidy kicks.  During last night's battle royale, and the Double or Nothing battle royale he is laying in the corner when Cassidy starts his kicks.  Jungle Boy get more animated with each one, shielding his eyes from the carnage.

I love the fact that the crowd sells OC's kicks as deadly.  :lmao:

• Love 1

I have to say that very, very little surprises me in wrestling, but you could knock me over with a feather with this news. RoH Women's Champion Kelly Klein FIRED via e-mail.  Obviously Joe Koff got his management style from Eric Bischoff.

Come to AEW, Kelly!  I'll watch you wrestle Big Swole, Nyla Rose and some of the other gals.

5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I have to say that very, very little surprises me in wrestling, but you could knock me over with a feather with this news. RoH Women's Champion Kelly Klein FIRED via e-mail.  Obviously Joe Koff got his management style from Eric Bischoff.

Come to AEW, Kelly!  I'll watch you wrestle Big Swole, Nyla Rose and some of the other gals.

Newsweek article on Klein’s firing.

Bummer yo. Here in Albany today Cody and Brandi are gonna be at a local mall for autos/pics. But I worked an overnight last night so it'll be halfway done by the time I get back up, plus lines and all that.

Like I was saying to some friends...At least they're here and know we exist. That means we're likely a location they're prospectively looking at for shows. I'm totally down with that. Our arena here is exactly the size they like to do shows at. So I think we have a chance.

• Like 2

Ok I was gone for the week. Either way real quick. Got some Jordan Myles info 

Despite what he says he was fired. He is not getting anything from his contract do to a conduct violation (Will explain further in next paragraph) with a full year no compete clause. He can wrestle for indie scenes but can't go on TV for a full year. Myles has seemed to burn a lot of bridges especially with his attack on Lethal. Many in the Anao'i family are big fans of his btw. 

Ok so here it goes. Talked to 3 sources one works production in NXT. He gave me the most details. Some of the info I can't indulge on yet but also stuff he wasn't willing to hand out either 

ACH is bipolar. This is a fact. I called this after it happened actually and he went mental. Myles ok the shirt in question but then a few wrestling buddies started busting his balls about it. I have a family member with Bi polar plus 3 friends and when you aren't on meds you act really crazy like Myles. You blame others for issues. He got into a heated exchange not sure who was there or who it was with at the PC. I think it was about the shirt but not positive. Either way either Hunter was there or heard about it. They had Myles in Regals office and Hunter told Myles take the month off he was suspended don't come in etc get better mind clear etc etc. 

Myles then went on his little rant. WWE with Paul and Vince and others got involved. They told him to apologize and take the Wellness Program they would help him get him straight again on his meds etc. If he did all that everything is cool, WWE will make a statement defending him and they will just say he's dealing with some personal issues and lashed out etc. Myles agreed to at first but then didn't show up to his first few appointments. He then went on another rant. WWE called him and said ok you had your chance you screwed it guess what see ya later. 

Because Jordan agreed to help and then didn't take it WWE was within their right to fire him and not compensate time left on his deal. From others in the industry I heard he burned a lt of bridges with major companies especially those who Lethal has worked for. Myles ####ed himself big time. A part of me feels sorry for the guy where another part says having dealt with Bipolar people sometimes they just don't want the help and I don't feel sorry for him. 

Despite what Myles said he was fired by WWE after refusing to seek help. WWE did everything to help the kid and he threw that away. It's a real shame 

On 11/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, Tom Servo said:

ROH is ####ed. Mercury just released messages he had with Gullum ####ting all over Flip Gordon and blaming him for ROH bad ticket sells. They need to fire some people get a good PR team together and fix this pronto 

WarGames was way better then SS but surprised WWE let NXT look good. It still doesn't mean a thing and next year they need to reward the winning brand with something big. 

It looks like my source a few months ago was right on Britt Baker. WWE doesn't view her as a threat in AEW. If that was the case WWE would've never pained to her in the crowd after the WarGames match ended or Ranollo saying her name. Apparently Hunter met with her and apologized to her as the camera guy was apparently trying to get the most shocked reaction he could and she was it. Hunter felt bad putting her in that position 

On 11/20/2019 at 7:30 AM, Tom Servo said:

Cornette has always been a racist and a real garbage human being. Talking to some friends in the industry doesn't surprise them. Dude was privately championing Hogan after his racist remarks telling people off record they weren't that bad, words are words etc etc. The irony of all of that is Jim is a big Liberal so you'd think he'd be more considerate of such actions. Nope it's all an act on the podcast. Character type thing. Someone told me people in NWA are glad he's gone already was only a matter of time 

Maybe now I can try and watch and maybe enjoy NWA Power. Dude was annoying trying to watch it 

6 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

WarGames was way better then SS but surprised WWE let NXT look good. It still doesn't mean a thing and next year they need to reward the winning brand with something big. 

It looks like my source a few months ago was right on Britt Baker. WWE doesn't view her as a threat in AEW. If that was the case WWE would've never pained to her in the crowd after the WarGames match ended or Ranollo saying her name. Apparently Hunter met with her and apologized to her as the camera guy was apparently trying to get the most shocked reaction he could and she was it. Hunter felt bad putting her in that position 

My gal! :wub:  Obviously WWE knows she's Adam Cole's GF so I'm guessing that plays a part.  Plus, as a wrestler herself she know how to convey her emotions for TV; that would get her attention from a cameraman on the off-off-chance he didn't know who she was.

I would agree she's not a threat to the E right now, probably not ever.  Heavens, she's still barely out of the shadow of her time in IWC.  She's also been in the business only 4 years.  She'll be a solid wrestler someday - maybe eventually hold the AEW Womens Title.

And yes, I'm a Britt Baker stan.  Sue me. :D

• Laughing 1

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Meh, I'm not that surprised given that WWE had just came out and officially made NXT the third brand.  Sorry, can't find a link but I swore I saw it last week.  Probably on reddit.  So it must be true.  Pretty sure I hadn't been drinking at the time.  But that part might actually not be true.  So.... you know.

Anyway, Wargames was head and shoulders above the WWE PPV counterpart, as usual.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

My gal! :wub:  Obviously WWE knows she's Adam Cole's GF so I'm guessing that plays a part.  Plus, as a wrestler herself she know how to convey her emotions for TV; that would get her attention from a cameraman on the off-off-chance he didn't know who she was.

I would agree she's not a threat to the E right now, probably not ever.  Heavens, she's still barely out of the shadow of her time in IWC.  She's also been in the business only 4 years.  She'll be a solid wrestler someday - maybe eventually hold the AEW Womens Title.

And yes, I'm a Britt Baker stan.  Sue me. :D

I'm only lol for that last comment. Yes I asked my one source after double or nothing because if you remember Talent was tweeting about AEW PPVs spring summer as well as making sure talent wasn't like communicating using the WWE accounts created for their characters. SO I asked what WWE viewed with Cole and Baker and some others like Royce and Spears and thats kind of what he said WWE views her. I was curious how they'd handle that sort of stuff. I wasn't gonna be surprised if they'd be petty about it.

I think Britt was just concerned as the spot was pretty dangerous and IMHO dumb for Cole to take given he had a match last night. he was taken to a medical facility as there was concerns he might have suffered a stinger from the spot. Britt when Cole does these matches is no different then what Renee does when Moxley is doing his hardcore stuff. Mox has even said she hates watching him do the spots but gets it 

Also I talked to someone who's know Seth for Yrs and is a cousin of Rikishi's. He said he can't stand Seth Rollins these days. He said money and fame have gotten to his head. I asked if this was how Seth always was or is he caving into pressure of being the guy or something else. He just flat-out said Money and fame got to him. Said it was unfortunate having known Seth since Seth was 14 (Person I talked too is like 8-9 yrs older then him). 

He also said his Cousins Jimmy and Jey are doing well. Jey is working on his marriage and he's getting help. He's an alcoholic which runs in the Anoa'i family. They should be back soon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I think Britt was just concerned as the spot was pretty dangerous and IMHO dumb for Cole to take given he had a match last night. he was taken to a medical facility as there was concerns he might have suffered a stinger from the spot. Britt when Cole does these matches is no different then what Renee does when Moxley is doing his hardcore stuff. Mox has even said she hates watching him do the spots but gets it 

Yeah, she had a series of tweets when Moxley and Omega went lights out.  She quit watching part way through. 

And did anyone catch Austins interview with Taker? learned some interesting stuff especially the Brock match that ended The Streak. Knew Mark had gotten concussed but he said after 4pm local time that day he doesn't remember a dam thing about the match. Remember collapsing in Gorilla at the back then waking up in the hospital with DRs and Nurses asking the usual questions. Asked Michelle where he was and getting frustrated with her not telling him. Said watching the match back couldn't even tell you what spot it was he got concussed either 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

And did anyone catch Austins interview with Taker? learned some interesting stuff especially the Brock match that ended The Streak. Knew Mark had gotten concussed but he said after 4pm local time that day he doesn't remember a dam thing about the match. Remember collapsing in Gorilla at the back then waking up in the hospital with DRs and Nurses asking the usual questions. Asked Michelle where he was and getting frustrated with her not telling him. Said watching the match back couldn't even tell you what spot it was he got concussed either 

I enjoyed it completely and was very happy, and surprised, that they got Taker to sit down for over an hour and a half long form interview.

On 11/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Guy is seriously delusional. Probably thinks it's a dream match that everyone wants to see. No match that involves Seth Rollins is a "dream match".

The only way people will have any interest in it whatsoever is if PUNK cuts a promo to the extent "This company has been so bad since I've been gone because of you. Look at the empty arenas. Look at the ratings". There's nothing SETH can say to draw people in. Not to Punk. Not to anyone. He's a boring vanilla rassler that sucks with promos and incorporates zero ring psychology yet somehow believes he's the best wrestler in the world. 

I guarantee if you ask people what Punk match they want to see, most of the answers are going to be Joe/Bryan......and even 50 year old HHH. At least there's a story with the latter. Imagine AJ's name would be before as well.

People say 74 year old Vince is out of touch. Age seems to be his reason, what's Seth's??

---------------------

NWA Power is pretty good. Only wrestling show I watch. Only an hour or less and it's broken up quite well with shorter matches and for the most part solid wrestling promos. They've done a pretty good job getting people on their roster that can speak. 

Wtf? Seth Rollins was the most over wrestler in 2015. 

What a week for Cole. The punishment he put his body thru from Wednesday thru Sunday is nothing short of incredible. Nobody in the world can touch him as a performer right now imo. 

Didn't watch either PPV this weekend. In fact, my network subscription has expired. :o

100% not knocking anyone that did. Liberating for me though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, coyote5 said:

I enjoyed it completely and was very happy, and surprised, that they got Taker to sit down for over an hour and a half long form interview.

He's done very few of these but I think they need to induct him in the HoF this year and then let him do these shoot type interviews. He use to do more interviews when he did the ABA Biker gimmick. As the deadman he's always stayed in character even in the streets. 

Why is Orton face and why is Rey beating AJ for the US Title? 

Also that KO promo I think was really good on Seth. I think that had some shoot realism too it as well. 

On 11/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

---------------------

Nah he let money get to him. Money and fame changed him. Becky has still been humble despite her success. I think this is gonna become an issue in their relationship in the future. Seth is a good in ring guy but his voice is so nasalie and whiney he really should be a heel. The dude was great in ROH and when I met him a few times there he was great. Since being in WWE he's grown a huge ego with Money and success he's gotten. 

Seth was my favorite guy in The Sheild. On their own he's intolerable. Moxley had to leave to so he could be Moxley again. Roman is tolerable because he's not shoved down our throats. He's a great person and has always respected the fans. For a guy like Seth who is apparently close to Roman I think seeing how Roman deals with fans and criticism the dude would learn something 

Per Brad Sheppard 

"A source in #WWE told me today that Corey Graves has an abundance of heat with multiple people in #WWE right now and is “on the verge of getting ####ed up.” A second source in #WWE told me what Corey Graves tweeted about Mauro is a frequent criticism they hear internally. I’m told Corey was sending him a message in his tweet, and the source believes Graves wasn’t wrong in doing so. 1/2 The source wasn’t clear if Graves’ tweet was why Mauro Ranallo didn’t work #SurvivorSeries as Dave Meltzer reported, but did note Mauro has “gotten his feelings hurt and gone home before.” 2/2"

I changed the bolded as Brad messed up on the initial tweet. He put why he didn't work Takeover WarGames which he did he meant to say Survivor Series. 

Speaking of mediocre talent getting a big head, Corey Graves needs to be put in place. Wouldn't at all care if that place is the unemployment line. Would love to see someone like Samoa Joe take his spot. Dude isn't the irreplaceable talent that he thinks he is.

Mauro is tremendous. Whether it's wrestling or MMA. That NXT commentary team is horrible IMO w/o Mauro.

8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Nah he let money get to him. Money and fame changed him. Becky has still been humble despite her success. I think this is gonna become an issue in their relationship in the future. Seth is a good in ring guy but his voice is so nasalie and whiney he really should be a heel. The dude was great in ROH and when I met him a few times there he was great. Since being in WWE he's grown a huge ego with Money and success he's gotten. 

Seth was my favorite guy in The Sheild. On their own he's intolerable. Moxley had to leave to so he could be Moxley again. Roman is tolerable because he's not shoved down our throats. He's a great person and has always respected the fans. For a guy like Seth who is apparently close to Roman I think seeing how Roman deals with fans and criticism the dude would learn something 

Becky's still not sleeping with you, GB. :P

• Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Speaking of mediocre talent getting a big head, Corey Graves needs to be put in place. Wouldn't at all care if that place is the unemployment line. Would love to see someone like Samoa Joe take his spot. Dude isn't the irreplaceable talent that he thinks he is.

Mauro is tremendous. Whether it's wrestling or MMA. That NXT commentary team is horrible IMO w/o Mauro.

Yeah, never been a Graves fan. It's like he's trying to be like Bobby Heenan...except Heenan was funny and had just enough self-deprecation to give him another side to see.  Graves either doesn't have that or won't consider doing that.

• Like 1

Just got to watching the Taker Broken Skull Sessions last night. Honestly, one of the best wrestling interviews/conversations I can ever remember. Felt like watching Joe Rogan, Steve just asks a question or starts a story, then lets Taker run off with it as long as he wanted. So you got full, fun, stories. I tell ya, the old school wrestlers have the best damn stories lol. If you have the network and haven't watched it yet, I highly suggest it.

• Like 2

Also, I'm hyped AF for Sky/Jericho tonight. I know Jericho will win, but I'm interested to see what tf they're trying to do with Sky. He getting a singles push? I would totally buy into that.

Just watched RAW. Lawler still has some good ones in him:

Lawler: I guarantee you when Charlotte lost at Survivor Series, her dad Ric Flair was looking down on her.

Vic Joseph: King, Ric Flair’s not dead.

Lawler: No, but he’s very condescending!

• Laughing 3

Why was Stroman holding the WWE belt at the Lions game?

Just now, Tom Servo said:

Why was Stroman holding the WWE belt at the Lions game?

Its a belt being given to the player of the game

• Thanks 1