What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (11 Viewers)

Just got to watching the Taker Broken Skull Sessions last night. Honestly, one of the best wrestling interviews/conversations I can ever remember. Felt like watching Joe Rogan, Steve just asks a question or starts a story, then lets Taker run off with it as long as he wanted. So you got full, fun, stories. I tell ya, the old school wrestlers have the best damn stories lol. If you have the network and haven't watched it yet, I highly suggest it.
Agreed. Watched last night and was terrific. 

Its a belt being given to the player of the game
WWE title belt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> turducken

After watching last weeks "Being the Elite" I was expecting the large present for Jericho to be The Librarian.

Will be interesting to see how packed Dynamite will be on Wednesay and how the crowd will be.  From what I remember, most of their stops so far have been in bigger cities.  I doubt anyone from Chicago is going to drive the 2 hours back home after the show is over.  

Not sure why people act like animals for already overpriced crap. Those TVs you think you are getting a good deal on btw most were overpriced to begin with the Black Friday sale price for most are what the TV should be regular. You can also find better deals as the holiday season progresses as most retails starts discounting stuff to get it out of stock. They want it out by a certain time so they can start preparing and ordering for the next thing. Half the stuff in my seasonal isle will be half priced or more by the week before Christmas Proud to say never have participated in a Black Friday because honestly if I did I'd probably be going to jail for a very long time with what id do to some of these clowns. 

Talked to someone close to the USO's. I won't give a lot of detail but they are doing well Jimmy is getting the help he needs. They won't be back for awhile though. WWE has nothing for them and they are coming back as faces to their 2nd theme. They want to do things right for the fans.  

Also we talked about Vince and WWE overall. Basically Vince doesn't have a lot of say because it's a publicly traded company. Hunter taking over won't do a dam thing. It's the investors and brokers who have say. Essentially unless they see a drop In their pockets it's gonna continue to be status quo. 

NXT beats AEW by a wide margin. AEW rating dropped a staggering 26%. 

Wrestling w/o storylines doesn't draw. NXT has vastly superior talent on their roster so not surprising at all they've passed AEW. AEW is simply a different name of the same exact type product that's already gone down the crapper with Raw/Smackdown. Casuals don't give a bleep about long drawn out spotfests/no selling/constant kickouts. If you want to keep the same dwindling # of dorks, by all means. AEW has exactly one star talent.....49 year old Chris Jericho. The only other guy on the roster that looks to even remotely have star potential is MJF. They dropped the ball big time with Omega IMO if they had any designs of making him a star. Sounds like their ticket sales in OH are going really rough for Dynamite next month.

Unfortunate that AEW is going the way it is. Gave it a shot. #1 Should have started with a 1 hour show and #2 They should have created an actual alternative to the WWE, instead of a much lesser version of the same exact thing that's been tanking for years and years. Only so many dorks are going to spend $40 on a wrestling show with 1 star. Completely tone deaf. And that 1 star  doesn't have a great deal of time left in the business. He is literally the only reason to watch AEW right now. Hate to break the news but Moxley/Cody/Omega aren't stars. Young Bucks shlt style only makes casual fans change the channel. It's completely horse manure and IMO the worst shlt that's EVER been associated with professional wrestling. But at least their T-shirts are selling like hotcakes at 'Hobby Lobby'.

Just amazing all these current performers say they grew up watching these guys that were actual stars. But yet have zero concept of ring psychology and selling. Then you have one of the WWE's current "top guys' in Rollins that's never been over, never drawn a dime, desperately calling out Punk on social media. It's just cringe and pathetic, man. Literally you just feel bad for the guy. He thinks he's so much bigger than he is in their wrestling bubble. Punk knows this goof isn't a draw, isn't a star, and can't cut a watchable promo to save his life. Ugh, just thinking about his nasally promos he'll try to cut on Punk are cringe. 

Tarps make a great gift this holiday season.

-----------------------------

NWA bungled the whole Cornette situation and showed a recap episode last week as a result :lmao:  (7 episodes into the season), but the product is short and sweet and has continuity to it. It is an actual alternative to WWE. Hoping Billy Corgan is able to secure a deal somewhere for an hour show. They've done a pretty good job of selecting guys that can cut promos. 

Cornette resigned from NWA after his dated comments on one of their Powerrr episodes. Announced tonight that WADE BARRETT will replace him. Let's see how he'll do with commentary. i'm no Cornette fan at all, but he really was the perfect fit for NWA with his history and the fact it was TAPED. Unfortunately his dated joke got the SJWs riled up and he was forced out. Not sure why he'd even make the comment as no upside to it......it's not even funny :shrug:  

Wouldn't say it's "must see" but IMO it's far and away the best wrestling product out there right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrestling w/o storylines doesn't draw. NXT has vastly superior talent on their roster so not surprising at all they've passed AEW. AEW is simply a different name of the same exact type product that's already gone down the crapper with Raw/Smackdown. Casuals don't give a bleep about long drawn out spotfests/no selling/constant kickouts. If you want to keep the same dwindling # of dorks, by all means. AEW has exactly one star talent.....49 year old Chris Jericho. The only other guy on the roster that looks to even remotely have star potential is MJF. They dropped the ball big time with Omega IMO if they had any designs of making him a star. Sounds like their ticket sales in OH are going really rough for Dynamite next month.

Unfortunate that AEW is going the way it is. Gave it a shot. #1 Should have started with a 1 hour show and #2 They should have created an actual alternative to the WWE, instead of a much lesser version of the same exact thing that's been tanking for years and years. Only so many dorks are going to spend $40 on a wrestling show with 1 star. Completely tone deaf. And that 1 star  doesn't have a great deal of time left in the business. He is literally the only reason to watch AEW right now. Hate to break the news but Moxley/Cody/Omega aren't stars. Young Bucks shlt style only makes casual fans change the channel. It's completely horse manure and IMO the worst shlt that's EVER been associated with professional wrestling. But at least their T-shirts are selling like hotcakes at 'Hobby Lobby'.

Just amazing all these current performers say they grew up watching these guys that were actual stars. But yet have zero concept of ring psychology and selling. Then you have one of the WWE's current "top guys' in Rollins that's never been over, never drawn a dime, desperately calling out Punk on social media. It's just cringe and pathetic, man. Literally you just feel bad for the guy. He thinks he's so much bigger than he is in their wrestling bubble. Punk knows this goof isn't a draw, isn't a star, and can't cut a watchable promo to save his life. Ugh, just thinking about his nasally promos he'll try to cut on Punk are cringe. 

NWA bungled the whole Cornette situation and showed a recap episode last week as a result :lmao:  (7 episodes into the season), but the product is short and sweet and has continuity to it. It is an actual alternative to WWE. Hoping Billy Corgan is able to secure a deal somewhere for an hour show. They've done a pretty good job of selecting guys that can cut promos. 

Cornette resigned from NWA after his dated comments on one of their Powerrr episodes. Announced tonight that WADE BARRETT will replace him. Let's see how he'll do with commentary. i'm no Cornette fan at all, but he really was the perfect fit for NWA with his history and the fact it was TAPED. Unfortunately his dated joke got the SJWs riled up and he was forced out. Not sure why he'd even make the comment as no upside to it......it's not even funny :shrug:  

Wouldn't say it's "must see" but IMO it's far and away the best wrestling product out there right now.
Got to take in the holiday aspect IMHO. People in retail like myself had to work Wednesday night and Wednesday is a big drinking night in the US. A lot of family and friends come back home for Thanksgiving more than Christmas. There's also those who do class reunions this time of year on Friday night or Saturday. Mine is every 5 yrs on the night after Thanksgiving. 

I honestly find NWA unwatchable. Part of it was Cornette. Other aspect is it just borefests out of me. Nothing really entertaining about it at all. I like some of the talent. Don't think it was SJW's who got him forced out. Cornette is an idiot. He's a has been racist. Pretends to be a liberal to appease a certain crowd but he's a closet hardcore right winger. I've talked to a lot of people who knew, worked with him or knew people who worked with him. He's a racist and ignorant as hell. Dude has zero business keeping a job this day and age. He was so irrelevant at one point that he got in a fight with Santino Marella and took his pecker out on stage. He also stabbed his best friend Kenny Bolin in the back all because Bolin liked Vince. Jim got Bolin to stop doing certain shows with people and making lies about people to keep Bolin himself. Then he found out he was still cool with Vince and lost it. All the dude complains about is todays product. He still thinks big 5-11 guys with almost no movesets and a character are a way to go. Good riddance to that clown. 

Overall I think there are a ton of people who have overrated certain shows. You got the people who overrate NWA big time, those with NXT and then the AEW ones. I like that I have variety again in wrestling to watch. 

I posted that I was told Morrison had signed about a month or so ago. There was also some rumors that Lesnar attacked Maddin because he wanted to stop commentary and go back to being in the ring. Both of these were confirmed on Backstage that Maddin no longer commentary and Morrison is signed. Still no word on where Morrison will end up. Maddin likely goes back to NXT 

First, this is Build-a-bear, sir. :lol:

When you a deep dive on the ratings, you find that AEW wins every segment except 50+.  That includes the coveted 18-49 male demographic.  That's where the success of AEW is coming from - the young, hardcore fans who don't want to suffer through anymore WWE bilge and who've seen enough indy wrestling to know there's more to wrestling than what Vince provides.  AEW is making TNT money; the network is happy with the numbers and who they're getting.

I have to strongly disagree with you that AEW is like Raw or SDL; they're nothing alike. There's no interviews that start every. Single. Show. And. Take. Twenty. Minutes.  There's no "comedy" segments and arguing among the announce team.  This column from a former WWE-exclusive fan  shows why he finds appeal in AEW:

AEW is a show labelled “where wrestling matters”, and I couldn’t agree more. From what I’ve seen, AEW has started every episode of Dynamite with a match. The structure of their shows dictates that wrestling comes first and I like it. They don’t do a lot of segments except for truly important matches. The longest segments I’ve seen was the Cody promo before Full Gear and the contract signing. Everything else is wrestling related. I must admit that at times I feel like they lack in the story department but they try to make up for that by putting competitiveness at the forefront of their brand. Other matches don’t get moved forward by lots of promos but by brawls, sneak attacks and promos of a more direct nature. I can certainly appreciate that. And if the matches are good then the wrestling has no reason not to be the highlight of the show.
Outside of the members of the Undisputed Era (from their time in RoH), I know nothing of the NXT roster.  For me, NXT is just another WWE brand with the same wrestling style and tropes. I've had my fill of WWE product and now that there are options, I'm taking my viewing habits elsewhere.  I love the old school vibe of NWA Power (if you're of a certain age it may not appeal to you, granted), the strong style of NJPW and the happenings of RoH.  

The bottom line is that there are now choices that simply didn't exist a couple of years ago.  Wrestling fans should be excited for what out there to consume and not sniping at what they don't like.  You don't eat every offering at a buffet; why would wrestling be any different?  :shrug:

First, this is Build-a-bear, sir. :lol:

When you a deep dive on the ratings, you find that AEW wins every segment except 50+.  That includes the coveted 18-49 male demographic.  That's where the success of AEW is coming from - the young, hardcore fans who don't want to suffer through anymore WWE bilge and who've seen enough indy wrestling to know there's more to wrestling than what Vince provides.  AEW is making TNT money; the network is happy with the numbers and who they're getting.

I have to strongly disagree with you that AEW is like Raw or SDL; they're nothing alike. There's no interviews that start every. Single. Show. And. Take. Twenty. Minutes.  There's no "comedy" segments and arguing among the announce team.  This column from a former WWE-exclusive fan  shows why he finds appeal in AEW:

Outside of the members of the Undisputed Era (from their time in RoH), I know nothing of the NXT roster.  For me, NXT is just another WWE brand with the same wrestling style and tropes. I've had my fill of WWE product and now that there are options, I'm taking my viewing habits elsewhere.  I love the old school vibe of NWA Power (if you're of a certain age it may not appeal to you, granted), the strong style of NJPW and the happenings of RoH.  

The bottom line is that there are now choices that simply didn't exist a couple of years ago.  Wrestling fans should be excited for what out there to consume and not sniping at what they don't like.  You don't eat every offering at a buffet; why would wrestling be any different?  :shrug:
I unfortunately am boycotting ROH now. A company who started locally has almost no ties to my city anymore. Grabbed by a corporation moved everything to Baltimore. The Dojo is Aston is the only thing that proves they ever existed in PA before anything. What they've done to Kelly Kline and lying and backstabbing is terrible. NXT is a lot better then the Main roster. It has some good storylines and better promos. I'd give NXT more of a shot if I were you 

I would normally say AEW needs time to grow and build, but not sure what their upside is.  The problem is the wrestlers they have, plus the fans of today.  Today's wrestling fans (generally speaking) do not want matches that tell a story; they want a match with high spots.  Today's fan would be bored out of their mind by those Flair/Steamboat matches from 1989. Today's wrestlers (generally speaking) do not tell great stories with their matches (tons of high spots and kicking out of 19 finishers a match is not telling a great story most of the time), and it's not like AEW is going to magically find the ones that can, and that somehow WWE never found them.  Now, with more freedom on promos and other things, the appeal is certainly there, but they need star power and aside from Jericho they do not have it.  Cody Freaking Rhodes is a mid-carder, not a guy who should be main eventing your PPV's.   And even though Jericho is one of the best ever, he looks older and put out weight, and optics matter, so to some, the AEW looks like a minor league organization whose main star is a former WWE star who looks old and a little fat.  Moxley has the energy and motivation to be a top guy, but not sure he has the look or charisma to be a main event draw.  I will still check it out here and there (vs WWE which I almost never watch anymore unless the MNF game is boring me and I flip over to RAW for a few), but my expectations are not high.  

Saw the "bloopers" from AEW on Twitter this morning.  First, how is everyone?  Second, how does AEW plan to compete with NXT if their "big spots" are failures?  Or worse, the wrestler goes to perform a big spot with no one even on the mat?  Why was he even trying a shooting star press against two men standing in the middle of the ring waiting to kick him in mid-air?  This made absolutely no sense.

I haven't really watched either production very long.  I just can't sit through it.  AEW feels like a rudderless ship just trying to do flashy things without any story/depth to tie them together.  Meanwhile, NXT just feels like the minor leagues, but at least there's a storyline there.  

I just don't get it.  Maybe I'm too old.

Saw the "bloopers" from AEW on Twitter this morning.  First, how is everyone?  Second, how does AEW plan to compete with NXT if their "big spots" are failures?  Or worse, the wrestler goes to perform a big spot with no one even on the mat?  Why was he even trying a shooting star press against two men standing in the middle of the ring waiting to kick him in mid-air?  This made absolutely no sense.

I haven't really watched either production very long.  I just can't sit through it.  AEW feels like a rudderless ship just trying to do flashy things without any story/depth to tie them together.  Meanwhile, NXT just feels like the minor leagues, but at least there's a storyline there.  

Yes, you don't get it and yes you are too old. :P

Tom Servo said:
Jericho comes out last night and updated both "The List" and his list of 1004 holds. :lmao:

If anyone noticed, he listed AJ Styles (Allen Jones), Marty Lunde (Arn Anderson), and Rick Allen (Def Leppard's one-armed drummer).  :lmao: :lmao:   :lmao:
What did he update as a hold? I missed that 

Yes on Both

To answer your questions the guy in question Christopher Daniels is a terrific athlete. Go back and watch his TNA and ROH stuff. The problem is age has caught up to him and he can't do the "high risk" moves as well. He needs to reinvent himself in the ring a bit like Jericho has over the years. 

Some of the botches have been funny but WWE has had some big ones lately especially from Ric Flair's daughter Charlotte

Yes on Both

To answer your questions the guy in question Christopher Daniels is a terrific athlete. Go back and watch his TNA and ROH stuff. The problem is age has caught up to him and he can't do the "high risk" moves as well. He needs to reinvent himself in the ring a bit like Jericho has over the years. 

Some of the botches have been funny but WWE has had some big ones lately especially from Ric Flair's daughter Charlotte
Can we talk about Joey Janella though?

Was this guy a good wrestler in a different promotion?  Because heeeeee kinda sucks just a little bit.  That's not a good look to have him in your show closer.

Was this guy a good wrestler in a different promotion?  Because heeeeee kinda sucks just a little bit.  That's not a good look to have him in your show closer.
He's popular on the indie circuit.  He was in the main event with Moxley because he has a hard hitting, risk taking style (with some high flying) that's similar to Darby Allin. 

He's a daredevil, high spot, stunt wrestler.

I'm all for giving these guys a chance, but they need to be sensitive to placement within their show, I agree.

Janela was in the main event though because he was fighting Moxley.

If you're fighting Moxley or Jericho, you're going to be in the main event for many months to come. Those two are your bedrock stars. I was hoping they would push Kenny to the moon as well, but The Elite are very reticent to the criticism of bookers pushing themselves.

Speaking of Jericho in the main event - Jungle Boy about to get his shine in the next two weeks!

He's a spot wrestler and was a deathmatch hardcore guy in CZW and other places. His GF manager at the time Penelope has been living in Philly last few yrs where CZW is based. I think Joey could do more in AEW but they are holding him somewhat back. Penelope and him broke up shortly after they signed with AEW but they haven't used her at all but looking at the roster it seems she may have left after they broke up. 

Janela was in the main event though because he was fighting Moxley.

If you're fighting Moxley or Jericho, you're going to be in the main event for many months to come. Those two are your bedrock stars. I was hoping they would push Kenny to the moon as well, but The Elite are very reticent to the criticism of bookers pushing themselves.

Speaking of Jericho in the main event - Jungle Boy about to get his shine in the next two weeks!
I am intrigued by the Jungle Boy match, because Jungle Boy hasn't won a match yet.

Normally this would just be a squash match, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Especially if it is only Hager, and Luchasauras at ringside as seconds.

No chance the belt changes hands, but it I think it might be entertaining to see. 

And Jericho's list bit was every bit as entertaining as his original WCW shtick with it.

The man just knows how to make wrestling crowds laugh.

I am intrigued by the Jungle Boy match, because Jungle Boy hasn't won a match yet.

Normally this would just be a squash match, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Especially if it is only Hager, and Luchasauras at ringside as seconds.

No chance the belt changes hands, but it I think it might be entertaining to see. 

And Jericho's list bit was every bit as entertaining as his original WCW shtick with it.

The man just knows how to make wrestling crowds laugh.
Logical booking for Jungle Boy would be a win over Sammy Guevara, Santana or Ortiz in singles action next week. On the 18th, he goes to a ten-minute draw with Jericho.

He's a daredevil, high spot, stunt wrestler.

I'm all for giving these guys a chance, but they need to be sensitive to placement within their show, I agree.
Conversely, if you don't give guys like Janela a spot in the main event, how are you going to know whether he can rise to meet the challenge?

AEW is in the process of making their stars; part of this is getting the up and comers work with the stars so they can get the rub.  Ric Flair got his working with Wahoo McDaniel and others back in the day, for example.  I'm not sure how some fans don't see that. 

That didn't take long.

Major League Wrestling issued the following press release announcing that indie sensation ACH (fka Jordan Myles in WWE) is back with MLW after a surprising return at last night’s Opera Cup event in New York City. ACH will next appear at January Zero Hour event in Dallas.

Conversely, if you don't give guys like Janela a spot in the main event, how are you going to know whether he can rise to meet the challenge?

AEW is in the process of making their stars; part of this is getting the up and comers work with the stars so they can get the rub.  Ric Flair got his working with Wahoo McDaniel and others back in the day, for example.  I'm not sure how some fans don't see that. 
Oh, I agree with you. It's a tough tightrope to walk!

AEW throws green folks out in nationally televised matches and lets them sink or swim. I think that's to be commended.

Oh I understand they need to give these guys a chance and build their own stars.  I just didn't see it with Janela.  From his look to his work, I didn't see anything that made me want to see more of him.

Also ACH is having another Trump like Twitter melt down calling out people for not defending him and calling out Jay Lethal and accusing lethal of Bullying him and hitting him. 

Also Tama Tonga and Enzo are going at it with Tama saying Enzo is putting out #### on the WWE locker room he shouldn't be talking about it. Those are big time accusations if Enzo was in WWE he'd be going to Kangaroo court for back in the day 

I didn't see this week's AEW yet. I work overnights W Th F and I just don't have the motivation to watch it during the days between so idk what was different about this week's episode (and I skipped past all your posts about the show this week too)...

But holy overreaction to last week's low #. It's one week. Thanksgiving Eve amongst young people is just as legitimate an excuse as the World Series among old people during SmackDown's awful week. 

R-E-L-A-X.

Tom Servo said:
The butthurt is real. 
ACH almost left the event before wrestling last night. He had another blow up. I'm not exactly sure what it was over. A lot of people are still gathering the info. I think if I heard correctly they talked him into not leaving and he did the match and left. 

If I have to guess he may have been confronted about what he said about Lethal yesterday in tweets. Jay Lethal is one of the MOST RESPECTED MINORITY/AFRICAN AMERICAN WRESTLERS IN THE INDUSTRY (All CAPS FOR THE POINT) and it got a lot of people upset over what ACH said about him prior while still with WWE and yesterday. 

Theres close family and friends who have reached out to WWE after this started who were worried about him. He's showing true signs of a manic state where the person simple thinks world is against them nothing is their fault and they are perfectly fine. He needs full on medical help. Put in a Medical facility that deals with Bi-Polar, detoxed, worked up for better meds and stay there till they are fully working. Unfortunately ACH has to agree to it. Unless he is suicidal then he has to agree to this on his own.

And trust me I'm not trying to excuse the dudes behavior. I deal with an Uncle every Holiday and my young Cousins birthday now with this issue. My Uncle is so bad my Aunt can barely leave him home with their daughter to even go pick up Eggs, milk and Bread at the store literally 5 mins away on her own. He had some childhood issues from school prop up mind wise that totally jacked his brain and he's been like this for almost a year. We had an incident last year near this time he was walking his dog went to cross the street Car hit the dog and left. The dog was killed. My Uncle from the story he told of his side plus witness did nothing wrong. Car was speeding so fast broke the leash. So that really messed him up. ACH had some sort of trigger in his brain event wise that got him like this again. 

I'm pretty respectful of situations like this. One thing I hate as much as racist is the people who call racism when they don't get their way and play the race card to not be held accountable for their actions. ACH isn't thinking clearly in this case do to issues with his brain chemicals. Thats something that can get fixed and if he didn't burn all his bridges already can maybe apologize after he's right and get back in the game. Be a great success story if he came back to WWE at some point with success after getting better. ACH handled this poorly where as Mauro has shown better ways for him to deal with his own Bi-polar and people deal with it different. I'm not defended ACH here but simply putting out there people should be considerate. This is not out there he's Bi-polar yet news wise. This is just what I've heard from contacts in WWE and from contacts who have their own people in WWE and other promotions. One of things I heard from the NJPW people was they believed he had some sort of mental issue but couldn't tell what. Believe it or not what Ive said isn't even the whole WWE story there apparently a lot more that I couldn't even be told. I'm not sure if thats for legal reasons who sources were withholding it for other reasons I'm not aware of. 

I'm watching the Chiefs-Patriots game, and I seen a promo for tonight's episode of NCIS: Los Angeles, and apparently, Shane McMahon is making guest appearance on tonight's episode.  Too bad I'll be watching the Seahawks-Rams game while that's going on!

Users who are viewing this thread