Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Breaking NEWS: Brian Cage has reportedly signed a multi year deal with AEW. No word on his debut

6 hours ago, Bogart said:

This is a real bummer if true. Huge Tessa fan, but can't condone that behavior.

IMPACT did put the World Title on her last night, so either they don't care, or they know something the rest of us do not.

take it with a grain of salt as this is coming from Meltzer but according to him WWE didn't sign her do to Attitude issues. Ricochet was dating her at the time he originally signed so many hoped they'd bring her in. He may have said something to WWE about her as they broke up shortly after he signed with WWE. If the rumors of her behavior was one girl I'd say it's jealously but the fact multiple women spoke up and many on the same issue and one said she's done worse in said country well where there's smoke there's fire.

Meltzer also said Don Calis and the other guy (forget his name at the moment) were said to know what they were getting themselves into signing Tessa to begin with which makes me believe many of this stuff is true.  

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Breaking NEWS: Brian Cage has reportedly signed a multi year deal with AEW. No word on his debut

Did you not see my post on this?

2 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

DJax....do you have that link still for streaming? It was glorious. 

TIA

What did you want to watch? 

Watch Wrestling

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Did you not see my post on this?

I had the post on my screen late last night and didn't post it. Opened up my laptop and saw I never hit post so I did. Didn't even see your today

REPORTS are Flip gordon will be offered 60K. From Roh With ability to wrestle on. Non televised events for any company. WWE will offer him 150K for a developmental contract And AEW really cant go any higher than 120K on him. 

I know someone who knows Flip personally checked with them before I reported this. This is what was told so far. 

Big news for AEW: TNT has agreed to an extension through 2023, contract worth $175 MM.

Press release mentions a second time slot. Should be a combination of their current weekly YouTube programming if they're smart, because it's pretty good.

Edited by hagmania
  • Like 1

Rocky Johnson - father of the Rock - has passed away at 75. 

He, along with Tony Atlas, were the first black WWF tag team champions. He was also NWA Georgia Champion. 

Rest in power, brother. 

• Sad 3

This middle aged guy marked out so hard last night when DDP came out to wrestle.  And then he jumped off the top rope!!!

It's the late 90s again, yinz… :lol:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Rocky Johnson - father of the Rock - has passed away at 75. 

He, along with Tony Atlas, were the first black WWF tag team champions. He was also NWA Georgia Champion. 

Rest in power, brother. 

Bummed.  As a youngster I loved watching Rocky Johnson wrestle.  Will never forget the tv match where he lost to Terry Funk (pretty sure it was Terry and not Dory).  He did his usual flashy stuff beating up on Funk but Funk would get him down in a boston crab and they'd stay there like what seemed forever.  Rocky would break free and go on a flurry then Terry would get him back down.  

Funk eventually beat him and I was STUNNED.  I never thought Rocky would lose (I was really young and thought it was all real of course).  I couldn't believe Rocky lost.  I went back into my room and issued a plethora of suplexes and figure fours to my large stuffed animal.  Yes, that's right.  It took awhile but I made sure that it wasn't getting up.  1, 2, 3 for the win.  Dang Rocky.

RIP to one of my favorite rasslers.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

This middle aged guy marked out so hard last night when DDP came out to wrestle.  And then he jumped off the top rope!!!

It's the late 90s again, yinz… :lol:

I popped for DDP as well , loved that

RIP Soul Man

1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

Bummed.  As a youngster I loved watching Rocky Johnson wrestle.  Will never forget the tv match where he lost to Terry Funk (pretty sure it was Terry and not Dory).  He did his usual flashy stuff beating up on Funk but Funk would get him down in a boston crab and they'd stay there like what seemed forever.  Rocky would break free and go on a flurry then Terry would get him back down.  

Funk eventually beat him and I was STUNNED.  I never thought Rocky would lose (I was really young and thought it was all real of course).  I couldn't believe Rocky lost.  I went back into my room and issued a plethora of suplexes and figure fours to my large stuffed animal.  Yes, that's right.  It took awhile but I made sure that it wasn't getting up.  1, 2, 3 for the win.  Dang Rocky.

RIP to one of my favorite rasslers.  

Stupid bear probably no sold the moves. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

13 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Stupid bear probably no sold the moves. :lol:

Never sold.  But he was soundly defeated most every time.  

• Laughing 1

48 minutes ago, Payne said:

HHH is some hot water over a stupid comment he made. 

No link or anything?  Cool, I wasn't really interested in any details on what you're talking about anyway.  :homer:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

No link or anything?  Cool, I wasn't really interested in any details on what you're talking about anyway.  :homer:

I found one.

He made a joke about Paige having kids she doesn’t know about.

Edited by bcdjr1

23 minutes ago, bcdjr1 said:

I found one.

He made a joke about Paige having kids she doesn’t know about.

He's already tweeted out an apology.

Taz was officially signed by AEW today. According to people I talked to Taz was dead and set joining WWE when the New Year hit but forever there was stuff in the contract still had to be worked out and the parties mutually parted ways without a deal getting done. 

TNT President announced the new weekly AEW show with be AEW AfterDark but it may not be 52 weeks a year 

11 hours ago, Payne said:

Triple H jokes about Paige

It's kind of a surprising comment from Paul here. Usually in public he's refrained from such childish comments and all. Always fairly professional 

12 hours ago, Payne said:

Triple H jokes about Paige

Dude's such a freaking juvenile. Remember the Lilian Garcia horse face crap? Sometimes I can't believe this dude is next in line to run the kingdom.

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Taz was officially signed by AEW today. According to people I talked to Taz was dead and set joining WWE when the New Year hit but forever there was stuff in the contract still had to be worked out and the parties mutually parted ways without a deal getting done. 

TNT President announced the new weekly AEW show with be AEW AfterDark but it may not be 52 weeks a year 

Love this. Dude is a natural, and still sounded like he did back when I was watching WWE in the mid 2000s. Replace Excalibur with him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Dude's such a freaking juvenile. Remember the Lilian Garcia horse face crap? Sometimes I can't believe this dude is next in line to run the kingdom.

He enjoyed the DX days WAAAAYYYYYYY too much.

He's no Cody Rhodes. :pokey:

20 years ago, Eddie Guerrero, Perry Saturn and Dean Malenko were sent home after calling for Kevin Sullivan to be removed as WCW head booker. 

Champion Chris Benoit found out about this and decided that if they were leaving, so was he.

They joined the WWF two weeks later. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Love this. Dude is a natural, and still sounded like he did back when I was watching WWE in the mid 2000s. Replace Excalibur with him.

Doubt it. They love Excaliur for the whole stats

6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

He enjoyed the DX days WAAAAYYYYYYY too much.

He's no Cody Rhodes. :pokey:

No but he also knows how to talk to the fans a little better. Cody has at times come off as incredible whiney and even going off on SJW tangents thanks to his wife. It rubs fans the wrong way and know a couple because of his rant won't even tune into the AEW product. Hunter at least makes everyone feel more welcomed. They both know a thing or two about the business. Paul comes off more genuine and knows the fans frustration but has a board to deal with and until the board sees money loss WWE will stay the same. Fans need to boycott the product, get rid of the network, stop buying merchandise, stop going to shows etc if they want real change in the WWE. People think its all Vince when it's really not. They went public as a trading company and have a board to deal with. Sponsorship losses and income from fans lost is what they care about not the actual product. Myfavorite part about all of this are the fans who are persistent when Paul takes over things will get better and when they don't they'll be the first to turn on him and I'll be sitting there reading the comments shaking my head and LMAO at them 

More accusations to Tessa have come out. Allison Kay who use to be a member of Impact and confirmed the La Rosa incident said she wanted to end the whole Tessa thing with her only comments the other day but unfortunately Tessa is up to her own tricks. Someone informed Kay by DM that Tessa was trying to dig up dirt on Kay and block her from working for other companies. Someone messaged Kay saying that Tessa had asked a member of the backstage crew at Impact for KAY's number to talk to her but was more so trying to dig up dirt on her. She wanted to go through a certain person on the staff but decided not too as it'd be too obvious where the rumor started. Kay was informed of all of this and posted screen shots of the messaged DM's she got. The names of the people are blacked out for privacy and such. This Tessa thing will not go away. 

Like I said it sounds like IMPACT knew what they were dealing with AKA Don Calis and company when they signed Tessa. Meltzer and others reported WWE didn't sign her do to attitude issues after the MYC (She was a favorite to win it at first). Ive talked to some people in the know who said Ricochet broke up with Tessa after hearing about incidents from other wrestlers and felt Tessa was not being very truthful in matters pertaining their relationship and not being respectful to Ricochet's friends in the business. Unconfirmed reports that WWE asked Ricochet about Tessa and he told them signing her would be a mistake and cause a lot of unwanted PR Drama. Again that is an unconfirmed report but something I've heard 

8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

More accusations to Tessa have come out. Allison Kay who use to be a member of Impact and confirmed the La Rosa incident said she wanted to end the whole Tessa thing with her only comments the other day but unfortunately Tessa is up to her own tricks. Someone informed Kay by DM that Tessa was trying to dig up dirt on Kay and block her from working for other companies. Someone messaged Kay saying that Tessa had asked a member of the backstage crew at Impact for KAY's number to talk to her but was more so trying to dig up dirt on her. She wanted to go through a certain person on the staff but decided not too as it'd be too obvious where the rumor started. Kay was informed of all of this and posted screen shots of the messaged DM's she got. The names of the people are blacked out for privacy and such. This Tessa thing will not go away. 

Like I said it sounds like IMPACT knew what they were dealing with AKA Don Calis and company when they signed Tessa. Meltzer and others reported WWE didn't sign her do to attitude issues after the MYC (She was a favorite to win it at first). Ive talked to some people in the know who said Ricochet broke up with Tessa after hearing about incidents from other wrestlers and felt Tessa was not being very truthful in matters pertaining their relationship and not being respectful to Ricochet's friends in the business. Unconfirmed reports that WWE asked Ricochet about Tessa and he told them signing her would be a mistake and cause a lot of unwanted PR Drama. Again that is an unconfirmed report but something I've heard 

If true, SMH.

Several people sent questions to Corny's Drive-Thru about her.  I'm not linking to it, but there's allegedly audio of her doing something very unsavory for a Patreon supporter.

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

If true, SMH.

Several people sent questions to Corny's Drive-Thru about her.  I'm not linking to it, but there's allegedly audio of her doing something very unsavory for a Patreon supporter.

Yes there's an audio Brad Sheppard put it out of Tessa making some lewd comments while taking a dump. It sounds like her but nothing is confirmed yet on it

39 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Yes there's an audio Brad Sheppard put it out of Tessa making some lewd comments while taking a dump. It sounds like her but nothing is confirmed yet on it

That's the one. :yucky:

• Laughing 1

Edge will be back in WWE just a matter of when.THinking Sunday could be it. 

Val Venis music played on RAW because he's in the RR this SUn and possible a HOF candidate this year

1 minute ago, Tom Servo said:

That's the one. :yucky:

She sounds like an incredible dirty girl. Definitely if there was a sex tape on her would give Paige's a run for its money. Not sure many people will want the lotion and Kleenex for a Tessa one though. 

19 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

She sounds like an incredible dirty girl. Definitely if there was a sex tape on her would give Paige's a run for its money. Not sure many people will want the lotion and Kleenex for a Tessa one though. 

:hey:

• Like 3

Hopefully there are some good surprises Sunday and the online community gets swerved.  It’s my favorite PPV by far and they just don’t seem to care until after the college championship which is one week of push/builds.  Smackdown is far more enjoyable than RAW IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Hopefully there are some good surprises Sunday and the online community gets swerved.  It’s my favorite PPV by far and they just don’t seem to care until after the college championship which is one week of push/builds.  Smackdown is far more enjoyable than RAW IMO. 

WWE doesn't care about the product as long as the money keeps flowing. What fans don't understand is when Hunter takes over it's Status quo. Was talking to a friend of mine related to the USO's and Roman's side of the Samoan Dynasty and he said it's all about the board and investors. Until they see profit losses they won't care. People need to legit boycott the Company. Stop watching RAW/SDL (use streaming instead if you want to watch), unsubscribe the network, stop going to the shows and PPVs etc. But that will never happen. WWE won't care about the product until they start losing profit. one of the worst parts of them going as a public Company. They got investors to please who don't really give a dam about WWE all together. 

On 1/21/2020 at 5:08 AM, Tom Servo said:

I'm not linking to it, but there's allegedly audio of her doing something very unsavory for a Patreon supporter.

:excited: :toilet:

SUBSCRIBED

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

:excited: :toilet:

SUBSCRIBED

It's going to cost you big  :moneybag: for that content, pal.

• Laughing 1

14 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

It's going to cost you big  :moneybag: for that content, pal.

Signed up for her highest tier. :excited: 

Dump that content on me. 

44 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Good shlt pal

https://twitter.com/DickVanKlondike/status/1219887955097071617

Looks like they're ready for TV.

The worst part wasn't even the 2 in the match but the referee. JFC :lmao: On the bright side for the ref, If she ever wants to work she's probably going to be a damn good seller. Which that alone will help stand her apart from many.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

I'm trying to figure out what the deal was with my gal Britt Baker :wub: last night.  Obviously, AEW is selling that she's frustrated about not being able to beat Riho.  They're setting it up for her eventual heel turn.  While she used the bottom rope to move her and Tampon Girl away from the edge of the mat (heel move?), it was her interview with Tony Schiavone afterwards that was puzzling.

First, she called Tony a (redacted) barista from Starbucks in a totally unconvincing manner.  When she got heat from the crowd, she did a bit of bragging, and then repeated the barista line again.  She continued with her promo but didn't get far before JR cut her off and they went to commercial.

My thought is that JR was protecting Britt from looking stupid in that segment, and by cutting the segment takes some of the focus off how bad the promo was.  My suspicion is that she's not convincing as a heel, and that they may have to coach her up on that or abandon the heel turn.

TLDR; I'm a Britt Baker mark and wondered what happened with her last night.

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

In case you missed it, AEW fans channel their ECW predecessors by singing Judas by Fozzy as Jericho comes out.

They also had to be muted several times because they were screaming f that boat, etc when other cruise ships were coming into the harbor. Jericho even mentions it on commentary during the main event the crowd. If I had the $$$$ or have it I will definately try and go next year. Looks like a great time. My only question is looking at some of these fans they look like your typical mark who works at the local Best Buy/GameStop/Nerd store or don't work and live in their parents basement so how the hell can they afford that cruise? 

Lance Archer is in talks to apparently join AEW. Thats a huge get if that happens and possible helps negations for an ongoing parternship between AEW and NJPW. In the long run could be greatly more beneficial to NJPW to be with AEW then ROH partnership considering the airtime and coverage it'd get with a big time network that most get in their local cable plan 

3 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

They also had to be muted several times because they were screaming f that boat, etc when other cruise ships were coming into the harbor. Jericho even mentions it on commentary during the main event the crowd. If I had the $$$$ or have it I will definately try and go next year. Looks like a great time. My only question is looking at some of these fans they look like your typical mark who works at the local Best Buy/GameStop/Nerd store or don't work and live in their parents basement so how the hell can they afford that cruise? 

No girls either...

11 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

No girls either...

You weren't paying attention.  There were several.  I think they made a point to show them.  :lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

When I was young and single, stuff like that didn't exist.  Even if it did, I had money but not time.

Now, I have the money and time, but I'm married with kids.  Fat chance of that happening. :lol:

• Laughing 1