Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

You must be on drugs or dumb to think this was a good rumble. Even the people who usually kiss WWE's ### are ####ting all over the mens rumble. It was embarrassing the first 17 or so entrances 

:shrug:  Okeeeeeeee dokeeeeeee. who pissed in your cheerios?  Bork?  : lmao:

Sorry you didn't get more of the same wwe bull#### you like to complain about. Theres always next year buddy. 

33 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

McIntyre good as choice as any. Company just has a complete lack of stars. At least he looks like one.

Probably should have been in the spot a year ago. Assuming he picks Brock, Problem IMO for him and Lesnar is trying to build a watchable lead up. 

Was obvious 30 was Rollins. At least they didn't have him win. He'll never ever be a draw. At least they apparently threw him in a group. Haven't watched their programming much since Mania last year outside of clips.

Kofi with that hair color should be relegated to Koko B Ware jobber status :thumbup: 

-----------

Overall outside of Bray/Bryan and men's Rumble, thought was meh at best. Company just lacks stars outside of a couple. Personally enjoyed the NWA event on Friday more overall. :shrug: 

I honestly cannot get into NWA at all. I was excited for it but not sure what it is with it. I like a lot of the characters there but not sure. Maybe because it's a studio show?  Really not sure what it is. Love the theme for the start of it too "Into The Fire" by Dokken 

Edited by DJackson10

2 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

:shrug:  Okeeeeeeee dokeeeeeee. who pissed in your cheerios?  Bork?  : lmao:

No one dude I just can't see how you like the same boring Brock crap 

6 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Matt Riddle and Brock Lesnar got into a verbal altercation backstage 

Rasslin or real life, Brock would kill this kid. Take that to the bank, "bro"hamski.

5 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

That was a really fun RR. Not sure why anyone wants more of the same old #### of a ring full of dudes resting in the corner or out of the ring for a half hour. It was something different and advanced a few other stories including starting the build for drew and Brock. I wouldn't want to see that booking regularly, but as a one off it was cool. 

GREAT Rumble. Brock vs. a bunch of guys we'd never see otherwise. Keith Lee standing up to Brock. McIntyre eliminating Brock pop. Edge return pop. Rollins crew creating havoc at 30. Edge eliminating Orton McIntyre over Roman.

GREAT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DJackson10 said:

No one dude I just can't see how you like the same boring Brock crap 

I'm too dumb for wrestling I'm afraid. 

• Laughing 1

I think we can all agree that Dunn should #### right off, amirite?  The camera work continues to be an embarrassment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coyote5 said:

Sorry you didn't get more of the same wwe bull#### you like to complain about. Theres always next year buddy. 

It was the same boring #### as usual. ####ting on Half the roster just to stroke Lesnar's ego. It was embarrassing. Honestly if I were those guys I'd be pissed and pull a Punk and Walk the hell out of the company. Lee, Big E, Elias, Rowan, Roode, John Morrison, Rey, Ricochet, Kofi, Cesaro, Shelton, Nakamura, and Braun ll deserved better. Honestly if I had to job to Brock who doesn't give a #### about the business and ####s on it constantly I'd had just walked out told them to kiss my ### and they could shove it. Im not jobbing to some meat head dbag who only comes around when he feels like it while I'm on the road busting my ### almost 300 plus days a year. I felt sad and embarrassed for those guys. 

• Like 1

Went back and watched the Rumble match again. The Edge pop is monster. Love the RKO reunion and backstab. The Brock stuff makes more sense when you aren't thinking he is going to go through all other 29 guys. It tells the same type of story that 21-1 told. Outside of New Day, Braun and Keith Lee, no one he eliminated would you expect in the Final Four or winning. Love the Drew win, I just would have loved a better Final Four of Drew, Lee, KO and either Joe or Edge. Having Roman that close to the end just keeps people on edge, pun intended.

6 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Rasslin or real life, Brock would kill this kid. Take that to the bank, "bro"hamski.

Real life. Riddle has been pissing a lot of people off. He's been disrespecting a lot of the "legends" of the business. The dude is a real ##### in real life. Not very well liked backstage. Apparently tonight was the first time they'd seen each other face to face. Matt has made some disparaging comments on Brock over the years too. 

Riddle Lesnar have backstage altercation

10 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

I think we can all agree that Dunn should #### right off, amirite?  The camera work continues to be an embarrassment. 

Dunn has needed to go for years

• Like 1

Now going back and watching Worlds Collide. A bit bummed that I haven't been watching Shane "Swerve" Strickland on NXT. It wasn't that long ago that the kids and I were watching him in front of 150 people in MPX Wrestling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bogart said:

Went back and watched the Rumble match again. The Edge pop is monster. Love the RKO reunion and backstab. The Brock stuff makes more sense when you aren't thinking he is going to go through all other 29 guys. It tells the same type of story that 21-1 told. Outside of New Day, Braun and Keith Lee, no one he eliminated would you expect in the Final Four or winning. Love the Drew win, I just would have loved a better Final Four of Drew, Lee, KO and either Joe or Edge. Having Roman that close to the end just keeps people on edge, pun intended.

Nakamura and Lee deserve far better at the very least. Nakamura is a former IWGP IC champ and former leader of one of the first Heel becoming Face factions in NJPW. Morrison has shown he needs to be respected and deserved better, Shelton Benjamin, Ricochet, Cesaro, Roode also deserve better. Not saying Shelton should be main eventing but he does deserved to be in a US title pic or something and used to put some guys over. He's a great talent You want Brock to have that squash moment send in a bunch of dam jobbers there 

14 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Real life. Riddle has been pissing a lot of people off. He's been disrespecting a lot of the "legends" of the business. The dude is a real ##### in real life. Not very well liked backstage. Apparently tonight was the first time they'd seen each other face to face. Matt has made some disparaging comments on Brock over the years too. 

Riddle Lesnar have backstage altercation

I knew he has been pulling this for a long time. Kinda surprised Brock didnt eat him.

1 minute ago, Tony Jabroni said:

I knew he has been pulling this for a long time. Kinda surprised Brock didnt eat him.

Vince and CO probably told him not too or Brock felt he was a waste of time which he honestly is. 

I can agree with what Djack is saying. You have all these characters that WWE cultivates and these guys work their butts off all year long and their only moment in the sun is a squash 10 second match to a part-timer like Brock?  We got it 5 years ago--Brock is a monster, he is unbeatable, he is a giant--this message is so done--it is overkill. It was just a waste of time and talent there.

It didn't sit right with me and judging by the crowd reaction, it didn't sit well for them.

The ONLY thing that saved this event was Edge---(and some of the NXT girls :wub:)

• Like 2

Loved Brock in the Rumble. My favorite part of the event. Got to see some personality with him with the Shelton stuff. And him dancing to MVP's theme :lmao: 

Don't think they could have topped Drew winning. The ending brawl with the wrestlers really just highlighted to me that the company really just lacks stars.

1 minute ago, Courtjester said:

I can agree with what Djack is saying. You have all these characters that WWE cultivates and these guys work their butts off all year long and their only moment in the sun is a squash 10 second match to a part-timer like Brock?  We got it 5 years ago--Brock is a monster, he is unbeatable, he is a giant--this message is so done--it is overkill. It was just a waste of time and talent there.

It didn't sit right with me and judging by the crowd reaction, it didn't sit well for them.

The ONLY thing that saved this event was Edge---(and some of the NXT girls :wub:)

I guess I am the only one who enjoys Brock killing everyone. Always been a fan. That's what he does. Looks like he has legit comp in Drew.

In fairness, I was rooting for AJ, KO, and Joe to take him down. To no avail.

To each their own.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

I could tell they muted some crowd noise. Someone told me the crowd started chanting this is bull#### and other stuff WWE is known for messing with crowd stuff too.

People also chanted WWE bother me and we can't see (WWE had lights blinding people again with no prior warnings of it)

Edited by DJackson10

1 minute ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Loved Brock in the Rumble. My favorite part of the event. Got to see some personality with him with the Shelton stuff. And him dancing to MVP's theme :lmao: 

Don't think they could have topped Drew winning. The ending brawl with the wrestlers really just highlighted to me that the company really just lacks stars.

I will disagree a bit (but I have stepped away from watching RAW/SD for awhile). They have more talent than ever on the roster, they just don't know what to do with them. They are almost too stacked with talent.

We have talked about this many times here---the problem is the PPV schedule. They don't have the luxury of doing a "slow burn" story-line like before--everything is immediate gratification and they have to book PPV quality matches each week to get ratings. Now I am not advocating a return to the old days of squash matches, but it is hard to get excited for a PPV match you have just seen last week on RAW.. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

I guess I am the only one who enjoys Brock killing everyone. Always been a fan. That's what he does. Looks like he has legit comp in Drew.

In fairness, I was rooting for AJ, KO, and Joe to take him down. To no avail.

To each their own.

Dont get me wrong I loved Brock when he first came back. Its just over done and I hate how Vince and WWE bends over for him. Its just lazy with the hey we can't make any new stars lets just sign Brock. But to be fair to them Hunter has said that if it was up to him he'd never had signed Brock again especially to that money. He apparently hates paying Brock all that money when it could be used to either resign others or add more talent to the roster. So at least Hunter is on the side of the fans. The fans have turned on him as well 

Edited by DJackson10

Sting is apparently returning to the ring at the next Saudi show.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

I didn’t mind the idea of someone just crushing people to start a rumble, love it actually but I just didn’t think brock needed that rub.  

But as it stands, you can’t build a guy stronger than McIntyre.  Surprised they’re going so hard with him at his age but let’s see what he can do

Drew's only a year older than Rollins. Same age as Roman. He does look little older. 

He started incredibly young with his 1st WWE run

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

I'm pretty amazed Bobby Lashley hasn't been pushed as a threat to Brock. 

Apparently the Lashley-Russev-Lana stuff has been horrible from what I've heard.

5 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

I will disagree a bit (but I have stepped away from watching RAW/SD for awhile). They have more talent than ever on the roster, they just don't know what to do with them. They are almost too stacked with talent.

We have talked about this many times here---the problem is the PPV schedule. They don't have the luxury of doing a "slow burn" story-line like before--everything is immediate gratification and they have to book PPV quality matches each week to get ratings. Now I am not advocating a return to the old days of squash matches, but it is hard to get excited for a PPV match you have just seen last week on RAW.. 

Yep why waste seeing a PPV when the match is on RAW? WWE could never do the Naito Storyline that NJPW did for almost 6 yrs. They'd stop it after 4 months. The issue is a few here. 

One the writing team is Hollywood people no one with a wrestling background. It's also so micromanaged. Jon Moxley talks about a lot of this on the Jericho Podcast so I won't go into a ton on this here as we've talked about it in nuances here. Basically they are too scripted. A lot of these guys would do great if they were able to run their own promos. AJ and OC can do it, Finn, Randy, most of the guys who were around the last 10 yrs like Dolp and Drew could. Miz can do it and a few others. 

WWE can't really go into an off season. Id liked to see a NJPW type schedule of different tours. I think that could work possible

The main issue is public traded company and board members. These people don't care about the fans just seeing the money. I was talking to the person I got to help me with Lilly to meet the Rock thing who is a member of Dwayne's family (So obviously they know the business and all they are more close related to Roman/USOs) and he was saying it doesn't matter to them. Fans need to do a total boycott of WWE before REAL CHANGE happens. Stop watching RAW and SDL (If you want to watch through illegal streams especially PPVs like we use to do in the old days), get rid of the network, stop buying tickets to events and merchandise to the show etc etc. Let WWE see $$$$ leaving their pockets and they'll go "Oh #### we need to change things." People saying they are gonna drop the network and stop watching yet continue need to just do what they say they do. 

This is why I laugh when fans say "Well when HHH/Hunter/Paul takes over it'll be better. Look what he's done with NXT" . I agree Paul has done some good stuff knows the business but Paul will have those same CEO's and board members to go to. Look what's happened since NXT since WWE think of it as the 3rd brand? It's gone pretty bad. Nothing will change. I like Hunter and think he has a knack for the business but WWE being publicly traded company will kill anything they do.

WWE has the most talent they've ever had but mostly Vince wants to horde the talent and not do #### with many of them. He just wants them to buyout the competition. He has no plains for them. He just wants them to say WWE had them. There were huge plans and all for Matt Hardy and Delete character but WWE ended up lying to the Hardyz. Matt and Jeff both feel slighted by Vince who they felt was at first genuine about taking them but just wanted to keep the deletion stuff and have it cool down. Vince doesn't want competition. This is why we need to hope AEW becomes really successful and hope NJPW can make some noise in the states. Competition helps make WWE better. Eventually if these two companies are available to people easier access wise and successful then WWE is gonna be in trouble if they don't change. 

Finally WWE spends too much time on older stars not trying to make newer stars. 

21 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

I didn’t mind the idea of someone just crushing people to start a rumble, love it actually but I just didn’t think brock needed that rub.  

But as it stands, you can’t build a guy stronger than McIntyre.  Surprised they’re going so hard with him at his age but let’s see what he can do

Drew has deserved this for yrs.

6 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I'm pretty amazed Bobby Lashley hasn't been pushed as a threat to Brock. 

Apparently the Lashley-Russev-Lana stuff has been horrible from what I've heard.

Thats putting it mildly well. It's been absolutely embarrassing. Bobby Sucks in WWE in fact he was never that great even in TNA IMPACT days. I'm glad they didn't go with Lashely at all vs Brock 

In other news I've apparently been unblocked by Ryan SJW WWE Kiss ### Satin. I for whatever reason just started seeing his tweets today. This is gonna get fun 

27 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

Drew has deserved this forever. He's only 3 yrs older than me. There's guys who are wrestling older then us who have gotten more push NJPW has pushed guys in their 40s and 50s but thats not an issue as WWE's part timers because these guys are full timers who can still go 

Per Wrestlinginc Sasha's spot was given to Kelly Kelly. No word why they took her off yet 

Rumor has it and it's easy to believe but Edge had been cleared every where but WWE and told Vince he was gonna go to AEW if WWE didn't clear him. Vince caved in and told him if WWE drs cleared him them he could go in the ring again. WWE don't want ya till you mention AEW to them 

Sasha was not cleared apparently to compete tonight 

Killer Kross will sign with WWE and be fast tracked in the company. 

AJ Styles may have dislocated his Shoulder tonight on the Edge Spear. Edge using his veteran experience made sure AJ got out of dodge ok without further injury and protected him 

13 hours ago, Bogart said:

Otis with the save!!

Some guys would pay to do have that done to them.

9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I honestly cannot get into NWA at all. I was excited for it but not sure what it is with it. I like a lot of the characters there but not sure. Maybe because it's a studio show?  Really not sure what it is. Love the theme for the start of it too "Into The Fire" by Dokken 

If you didn't grow up watching studio wrestling from Memphis or JCP you probably wouldn't appreciate the feel.  For me, it's great and brings back memories of watching on Saturdays.  The crowds are hot just like those old crowds.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Smack Tripper said:

Brah, McIntyre has been with the E off and on for 10 years.  They either needed to poop or get off the pot with him.

9 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Sting is apparently returning to the ring at the next Saudi show.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Reschedule the event to summer and do Sting-Taker last man standing in the sweltering Saudi heat.

I'm actually stunned Hogan hasn't wrestled on one of these events yet. Leading me to believe they won't clear him. Would love to see the Iron Sheik humble him.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Matt Riddle and Brock Lesnar got into a verbal altercation backstage 

"The NXT superstar was confronted backstage by an obviously heated Brock, and he understood"

No #### :lol:

• Laughing 2

14 hours ago, Bogart said:

Now going back and watching Worlds Collide. A bit bummed that I haven't been watching Shane "Swerve" Strickland on NXT. It wasn't that long ago that the kids and I were watching him in front of 150 people in MPX Wrestling.

I still need to watch it gonna probably watch it today. Might Stream Raw from my laptop just to see the fall out but then back to boycotting 

Edge confirmed for RAW 

MVP is back on the WWE roster 

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

MVP is back on the WWE roster 

Edge I get, MVP not so much. Was he going to AEW?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

Edge I get, MVP not so much. Was he going to AEW?

Quite possible. I think MVP is doing this for his 5 yrs old son too. 

Edge vs Orton at Mania like it's been rumored