What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Loved Brock in the Rumble. My favorite part of the event. Got to see some personality with him with the Shelton stuff. And him dancing to MVP's theme :lmao:  

Don't think they could have topped Drew winning. The ending brawl with the wrestlers really just highlighted to me that the company really just lacks stars.

I can agree with what Djack is saying. You have all these characters that WWE cultivates and these guys work their butts off all year long and their only moment in the sun is a squash 10 second match to a part-timer like Brock?  We got it 5 years ago--Brock is a monster, he is unbeatable, he is a giant--this message is so done--it is overkill. It was just a waste of time and talent there.

It didn't sit right with me and judging by the crowd reaction, it didn't sit well for them.

The ONLY thing that saved this event was Edge---(and some of the NXT girls  :wub: )
I guess I am the only one who enjoys Brock killing everyone. Always been a fan. That's what he does. Looks like he has legit comp in Drew.

In fairness, I was rooting for AJ, KO, and Joe to take him down. To no avail.

To each their own.

I can agree with what Djack is saying. You have all these characters that WWE cultivates and these guys work their butts off all year long and their only moment in the sun is a squash 10 second match to a part-timer like Brock?  We got it 5 years ago--Brock is a monster, he is unbeatable, he is a giant--this message is so done--it is overkill. It was just a waste of time and talent there.

It didn't sit right with me and judging by the crowd reaction, it didn't sit well for them.

The ONLY thing that saved this event was Edge---(and some of the NXT girls  :wub: )
I could tell they muted some crowd noise. Someone told me the crowd started chanting this is bull#### and other stuff WWE is known for messing with crowd stuff too.

People also chanted WWE bother me and we can't see (WWE had lights blinding people again with no prior warnings of it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved Brock in the Rumble. My favorite part of the event. Got to see some personality with him with the Shelton stuff. And him dancing to MVP's theme :lmao:  

Don't think they could have topped Drew winning. The ending brawl with the wrestlers really just highlighted to me that the company really just lacks stars.
I will disagree a bit (but I have stepped away from watching RAW/SD for awhile). They have more talent than ever on the roster, they just don't know what to do with them. They are almost too stacked with talent.

We have talked about this many times here---the problem is the PPV schedule. They don't have the luxury of doing a "slow burn" story-line like before--everything is immediate gratification and they have to book PPV quality matches each week to get ratings. Now I am not advocating a return to the old days of squash matches, but it is hard to get excited for a PPV match you have just seen last week on RAW.. 

I guess I am the only one who enjoys Brock killing everyone. Always been a fan. That's what he does. Looks like he has legit comp in Drew.

In fairness, I was rooting for AJ, KO, and Joe to take him down. To no avail.

To each their own.
Dont get me wrong I loved Brock when he first came back. Its just over done and I hate how Vince and WWE bends over for him. Its just lazy with the hey we can't make any new stars lets just sign Brock. But to be fair to them Hunter has said that if it was up to him he'd never had signed Brock again especially to that money. He apparently hates paying Brock all that money when it could be used to either resign others or add more talent to the roster. So at least Hunter is on the side of the fans. The fans have turned on him as well 

I didn’t mind the idea of someone just crushing people to start a rumble, love it actually but I just didn’t think brock needed that rub.  

But as it stands, you can’t build a guy stronger than McIntyre.  Surprised they’re going so hard with him at his age but let’s see what he can do

Drew's only a year older than Rollins. Same age as Roman. He does look little older. 

He started incredibly young with his 1st WWE run

I'm pretty amazed Bobby Lashley hasn't been pushed as a threat to Brock. 

Apparently the Lashley-Russev-Lana stuff has been horrible from what I've heard.

I will disagree a bit (but I have stepped away from watching RAW/SD for awhile). They have more talent than ever on the roster, they just don't know what to do with them. They are almost too stacked with talent.

We have talked about this many times here---the problem is the PPV schedule. They don't have the luxury of doing a "slow burn" story-line like before--everything is immediate gratification and they have to book PPV quality matches each week to get ratings. Now I am not advocating a return to the old days of squash matches, but it is hard to get excited for a PPV match you have just seen last week on RAW.. 
Yep why waste seeing a PPV when the match is on RAW? WWE could never do the Naito Storyline that NJPW did for almost 6 yrs. They'd stop it after 4 months. The issue is a few here. 

One the writing team is Hollywood people no one with a wrestling background. It's also so micromanaged. Jon Moxley talks about a lot of this on the Jericho Podcast so I won't go into a ton on this here as we've talked about it in nuances here. Basically they are too scripted. A lot of these guys would do great if they were able to run their own promos. AJ and OC can do it, Finn, Randy, most of the guys who were around the last 10 yrs like Dolp and Drew could. Miz can do it and a few others. 

WWE can't really go into an off season. Id liked to see a NJPW type schedule of different tours. I think that could work possible

The main issue is public traded company and board members. These people don't care about the fans just seeing the money. I was talking to the person I got to help me with Lilly to meet the Rock thing who is a member of Dwayne's family (So obviously they know the business and all they are more close related to Roman/USOs) and he was saying it doesn't matter to them. Fans need to do a total boycott of WWE before REAL CHANGE happens. Stop watching RAW and SDL (If you want to watch through illegal streams especially PPVs like we use to do in the old days), get rid of the network, stop buying tickets to events and merchandise to the show etc etc. Let WWE see $$$$ leaving their pockets and they'll go "Oh #### we need to change things." People saying they are gonna drop the network and stop watching yet continue need to just do what they say they do. 

This is why I laugh when fans say "Well when HHH/Hunter/Paul takes over it'll be better. Look what he's done with NXT" . I agree Paul has done some good stuff knows the business but Paul will have those same CEO's and board members to go to. Look what's happened since NXT since WWE think of it as the 3rd brand? It's gone pretty bad. Nothing will change. I like Hunter and think he has a knack for the business but WWE being publicly traded company will kill anything they do.

WWE has the most talent they've ever had but mostly Vince wants to horde the talent and not do #### with many of them. He just wants them to buyout the competition. He has no plains for them. He just wants them to say WWE had them. There were huge plans and all for Matt Hardy and Delete character but WWE ended up lying to the Hardyz. Matt and Jeff both feel slighted by Vince who they felt was at first genuine about taking them but just wanted to keep the deletion stuff and have it cool down. Vince doesn't want competition. This is why we need to hope AEW becomes really successful and hope NJPW can make some noise in the states. Competition helps make WWE better. Eventually if these two companies are available to people easier access wise and successful then WWE is gonna be in trouble if they don't change. 

Finally WWE spends too much time on older stars not trying to make newer stars. 

I didn’t mind the idea of someone just crushing people to start a rumble, love it actually but I just didn’t think brock needed that rub.  

But as it stands, you can’t build a guy stronger than McIntyre.  Surprised they’re going so hard with him at his age but let’s see what he can do
Drew has deserved this for yrs.

I'm pretty amazed Bobby Lashley hasn't been pushed as a threat to Brock. 

Apparently the Lashley-Russev-Lana stuff has been horrible from what I've heard.
Thats putting it mildly well. It's been absolutely embarrassing. Bobby Sucks in WWE in fact he was never that great even in TNA IMPACT days. I'm glad they didn't go with Lashely at all vs Brock 

In other news I've apparently been unblocked by Ryan SJW WWE Kiss ### Satin. I for whatever reason just started seeing his tweets today. This is gonna get fun 

Drew has deserved this forever. He's only 3 yrs older than me. There's guys who are wrestling older then us who have gotten more push NJPW has pushed guys in their 40s and 50s but thats not an issue as WWE's part timers because these guys are full timers who can still go 

Rumor has it and it's easy to believe but Edge had been cleared every where but WWE and told Vince he was gonna go to AEW if WWE didn't clear him. Vince caved in and told him if WWE drs cleared him them he could go in the ring again. WWE don't want ya till you mention AEW to them 

AJ Styles may have dislocated his Shoulder tonight on the Edge Spear. Edge using his veteran experience made sure AJ got out of dodge ok without further injury and protected him 

I honestly cannot get into NWA at all. I was excited for it but not sure what it is with it. I like a lot of the characters there but not sure. Maybe because it's a studio show?  Really not sure what it is. Love the theme for the start of it too "Into The Fire" by Dokken 
If you didn't grow up watching studio wrestling from Memphis or JCP you probably wouldn't appreciate the feel.  For me, it's great and brings back memories of watching on Saturdays.  The crowds are hot just like those old crowds.

Brah, McIntyre has been with the E off and on for 10 years.  They either needed to poop or get off the pot with him.

Sting is apparently returning to the ring at the next Saudi show.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Reschedule the event to summer and do Sting-Taker last man standing in the sweltering Saudi heat.

I'm actually stunned Hogan hasn't wrestled on one of these events yet. Leading me to believe they won't clear him. Would love to see the Iron Sheik humble him.

Now going back and watching Worlds Collide. A bit bummed that I haven't been watching Shane "Swerve" Strickland on NXT. It wasn't that long ago that the kids and I were watching him in front of 150 people in MPX Wrestling.
I still need to watch it gonna probably watch it today. Might Stream Raw from my laptop just to see the fall out but then back to boycotting 

Hi. Not a wrestling guy but WM is in Tampa and I can get tickets. Will it be worth it for a non-fan to sit through? Last time I really watched was 98. 

I heard the show is like 7-8 hours long if you get there when they tell you to - that’s a no go for me, I wouldn’t sit through 8 hours of anything. Would it make sense to show up around 6 for a 7:00 start? 

Hi. Not a wrestling guy but WM is in Tampa and I can get tickets. Will it be worth it for a non-fan to sit through? Last time I really watched was 98. 

I heard the show is like 7-8 hours long if you get there when they tell you to - that’s a no go for me, I wouldn’t sit through 8 hours of anything. Would it make sense to show up around 6 for a 7:00 start? 
Yeah if you're not a big fan definitely do something like that.  They do have decent security screening, but not at a super bowl level but you'll want to be there for 7 to see the pyro, which will be great down there with the Pirate ship

I wouldn't go until there is more info on the card. Its outrageously overpriced tickets (Unless you can get them cheaper) and you won't be out of there till after 1AM. For a non wrestling fan unless you are going with people who are big wrestling fans Mania wouldn't be what I'd suggest. Go to the NXT Takeover Event the night before. It'll be a lot better and its less time you need to spend. I would get there early for the pre show match or so. Far better experience from people Ive heard who have done both

Yeah if you're not a big fan definitely do something like that.  They do have decent security screening, but not at a super bowl level but you'll want to be there for 7 to see the pyro, which will be great down there with the Pirate ship
Yea I just kind of want to see the scene. Trying to talk my friend into it but he’s not having it so far. Lol

I wouldn't go until there is more info on the card. Its outrageously overpriced tickets (Unless you can get them cheaper) and you won't be out of there till after 1AM. For a non wrestling fan unless you are going with people who are big wrestling fans Mania wouldn't be what I'd suggest. Go to the NXT Takeover Event the night before. It'll be a lot better and its less time you need to spend. I would get there early for the pre show match or so. Far better experience from people Ive heard who have done both
I don’t even know what NXT is. I just want to see the event — you could be out there wrestling for all I know. 

Yea I just kind of want to see the scene. Trying to talk my friend into it but he’s not having it so far. Lol
for the spectacle and scene you could probably take any seat, there is some crazy pyro and that kind of stuff. I went last year and I was sitting at 6 o'clock from the stage, which even at a lower level, I was screened out.  I'd suggest maybe mid level, rear, and then sitting at like 2 or 10 o'clock from the stage where you might see the guys a little more.  They do have big video screens everywhere but I just wasn't happy with my seat last year.  

If you see a hundred dollar ticket you should grab it, they can get fairly pricey

I don’t even know what NXT is. I just want to see the event — you could be out there wrestling for all I know. 
NXT is basically their 3rd brand. It's run by HHH Vince McMahons son in Law. Their champ right now is local Lancaster, PA Adam Cole. Keith Lee is the NA Champ he's really big but athletic for his size. Rhea Rhipley is the women's champ from Australia she has a Metal gimmick, and Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reily who use to wrestle for Ring Of Honor as Red Dragon Are there and part of Cole's Faction UnDisputed for Roddy Strong. Adam Cole was also a member of New Japan Pro Wrestling Stable Bullet Club who is the same Faction Finn Balor started (Who's in NXT) and AJ Styles and Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson the OC were all in it. Gallows and Anderson are OG's of Bullet Club and Anderson and Balor known as Prince Devitt started the faction. So Cole is fairly ingrained in the business. A lot of the NXT talent is former Indie stars or people from ROH, NJPW. Drew Gulak is also in NXT who is from Philly. You might have heard his last name recently as his Brother is in some hot water on some sexual assault allegations across the country in wrestling. 

Only suggesting it as it's a better experience for the non wrestling fan. Mania you are gonna have to arrive at 6 at best to get in there by 7 and you are gonna be there till almost 1AM. Not sure where you live down there but it'd be a very long night. I mean do what you want but honestly from a real big wrestling fan the money and time spent is not worth it just "To See The Event." I'd wait and see what's on the card first honestly. 

why didn't they take the belt off him or write him off?
They wrote him off. They didn't want Hector as champ. 

Also Samoa Joe legit hurt himself in the tag match. Was not a planned thing. 

AJ has a separated shoulder. If he's able to comeback in time he will face Edge at Blood Money 

for the spectacle and scene you could probably take any seat, there is some crazy pyro and that kind of stuff. I went last year and I was sitting at 6 o'clock from the stage, which even at a lower level, I was screened out.  I'd suggest maybe mid level, rear, and then sitting at like 2 or 10 o'clock from the stage where you might see the guys a little more.  They do have big video screens everywhere but I just wasn't happy with my seat last year.  

If you see a hundred dollar ticket you should grab it, they can get fairly pricey
I forgot you went last year. I knew people who did NXT and Mania for a few yrs but decided they'd go to NXT instead and then watch mania at a bar or just go home and watch on the network Mania. 

Hard no unless you have a kid dying to go or just want to say you went.

I was a fan at the time I went to Mania here and definitely wouldn't go again. Unless you have ringside seats, stadium wrestling shows are terrible to watch live IMO.  I can almost guarantee you if you're a non-fan and w/o very good seats, you'll be leaving the thing early. That's completely ignoring traffic and comfort.

NWA Power spoiler:

Ricky Starks won the revived TV Title at Hard Times last Friday.  On Sunday night, he lost the belt to Zicky Dice. Now, I could've seen them putting the belt on Dice as he has that look (like a heel Dusty) and a good talker  (also like Dusty), but I had him winning the tournament.  But to do two days later?  Eh. Now, I imagine it'll be at least 3-4 weeks before we see the change on YouTube.

For those that care - Kamille dates Tom Lattimer of the Wild Cards. They are also stable mates in Nick Aldis' Strictly Business faction.

Samoa Joe has a neck injury that could keep him away for almost a year. Very unfortunate

Andrade took a banned substance when in Mexico knowingly. Thought he was in the clear as he was just tested in Nov but randomized testing his name was called for a piss sample and he got caught. Vince is apparently fuming about it and Andrade may or may not have the title dropped during the suspension. They didn't want Carillo as champ and its said this just came up yesterday morning at the PPV. The Angle last night was to write Andrade off TV for a bit 

Users who are viewing this thread