What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Bogart said:
Caught up on NWA Powerrr on You Tube. Random thoughts:

• The presentation is great. One hour is the perfect time. The studio feel has grown on me. The fake commercials and real ones are great. They are getting sneaky good with guys like Sean Mooney, Stu Bennett and Elijah Burke on commentary.
  • Thunder Rosa, Ashley Vox and Allysin Kay are really great performers and great stars to build the women's division around. But they will need more women soon. I'm pretty unimpressed with the others, including the returning Melina. But with only an hour a week to fill, they can slow play this division.
  • Nick Aldis is the perfect heel champion for this company. I have no idea how the WWE would bury him, but he is perfect here. He's channeling Ric Flair without the dramatics and balances the reverence to the NWA history with moving forward into new stories.
  • With apologies to Aldis, Ricky Starks and Aron Stevens, my absolute favorite guy to watch is Eli Drake. Part Stone Cold, part The Rock, part Chris Jericho, he does everything really well and is fun to watch.
  • I loved all things 80s wrestling, and probably cried when my issue of PWI showed them beating the evil Russians for tag team gold, but I do not need 61 and 63 year old Rock-N-Roll Express still wrestling, or talking. I get why Corgan and Lagana brought them in, but I hope it ends pretty quickly. 
  • Kamille is the real deal. Super hot, great size and look and has taken a massive bump and given a great spear in her short time here. She will be a star in any company.
The Austin Idol spots literally have me rolling. Someone has some imagination.

Nick Aldis has come a long way from his days as Magnus; this gimmick works very well.  I'm interested to see how this run with Marty Scurll goes - it's the 10 Pounds of Gold vs. $500k. 

The Rock and Roll I agree need to stop wrestling; maybe as a special attraction, but not full time.  That last run was probably a payoff for being NWA supporters for years. 

Kamille is the real deal.  I saw her at ROH last year, and the dude next to me was really taken aback by her.  He literally said he wouldn't have sex with her because he was legit afraid she'd snap it off. :lmao:  She does so much without saying a word.  She's can convey a lot of things with her face; not everyone can do that.

Nick Aldis has come a long way from his days as Magnus; this gimmick works very well.  I'm interested to see how this run with Marty Scurll goes - it's the 10 Pounds of Gold vs. $500k. 
I think the real strength of what the NWA can do is showcased nicely in this angle. Everyone thought Scurll was going to join AEW with The Bucks and Cody, and he decided to do his own thing and run ROH instead.  But he can show up in Atlanta, do some spots, have Aldis show up at ROH and it feels more like "an invasion and war" than anything going on between the two big companies now.

And I could see a lot of the better established indie companies wanting to do something similar with sharing talent. Thunder Rosa was here in MPX not that long ago. She comes back now, she sells out the place and is in the main event. Have some of the main event talent go over to NWA and job out, but get that exposure. My kids would love to see guys or gals in person that they are seeing on YouTube.

Take with a huge grain of salt as this is coming from WrestleVotes who also tried to tell people Samoa Joe failed a drug test which he didn't. Only reason I'm posting this is for discussion purposes.

The Backstory:WWE is keeping it tight lipped this year on potential HoF Inductees. Per Brad Shepperd WWE saw how the NFL surprised the Inductees Personally and WWE apparently loved the Idea and seeing how surprised they were. SO WWE is keeping it very tight. 

Anyway to the story. I’ve heard several names talked about for this years Hall of Fame. Was only able to get confirmation on 2 of them as of now, they are: The Bella Twins & Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger.

Ok lets get to the first one and most controversial. The Bella Twins? Uh WTF did they ever do to deserve it. Meanwhile we have Vadar, Owen Hart, British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith among others far and away more deserving then these two. Nikki slept her way to the top with Cena and only reason she had the longest Divas title run is because they wanted her to break AJ Lee's record for longest Reign do to her involvement with CM Punk. At one point the title was gonna be taken off of her but Cena complained to Vince and they kept it on her. As for Bri well there isn't a whole lot to say other then I just remember her botching a lot including on Daniel Bryan's Yes Kicks and some other moves. There's other women far more deserving

Jushin Thunder Liger is a curious case. Besides the one off match in NXT with Tyler Breeze (If you haven't seen this one yet from an NXT Takeover event WTF are you waiting for) and his brief time in WCW Liger has been in Japan his whole life. This is a little Ironic for me as I was just thinking about this after he retired. Liger deserves to be their. He's the best Junior/Cruiserweight IMHO ever. Tremendous influence around the world as well. WWE has put names into their HoF in the past who have never been in WWE but this would be a really good one. Liger just retired from in ring Competition at WrestleKingdom and looks like he maybe doing some commentary for NJPW and a few other things but I'm Sure NJPW would gladly let Jushin go to the HoF. 

Conclusion: I highly doubt this is anywhere close to true. The Bellas make zero sense however adding Liger's name gives WrestleVotes legitimacy on the report and doesn't have people LOL at him 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jushin Thunder Liger is a curious case. Besides the one off match in NXT with Tyler Breeze (If you haven't seen this one yet from an NXT Takeover event WTF are you waiting for) and his brief time in WCW Liger has been in Japan his whole life. This is a little Ironic for me as I was just thinking about this after he retired. Liger deserves to be their. He's the best Junior/Cruiserweight IMHO ever. Tremendous influence around the world as well. WWE has put names into their HoF in the past who have never been in WWE but this would be a really good one. Liger just retired from in ring Competition at WrestleKingdom and looks like he maybe doing some commentary for NJPW and a few other things but I'm Sure NJPW would gladly let Jushin go to the HoF. 
Actually, it was five years. And he was a former WCW Light Heavyweight champion:

1991–1992

Liger made appearances with World Championship Wrestling (WCW) during the 1990s. He made his debut in December 1991. He feuded with Brian Pillman over the WCW World Light Heavyweight Championship. He defeated Pillman on December 25 for the title at a house show in Atlanta, Georgia.[1] He would hold onto the title for over two months, before losing it back to Pillman at SuperBrawl II.[32] Liger left WCW in December 1992 after Starrcade, teaming with Erik Watts in a losing effort to "Dr. Death" Steve Williams and Sting in a Lethal Lottery match.

1995–1999

Upon his return to WCW in 1995, Liger had the distinction of appearing in the first ever match on the inaugural WCW Monday Nitro held at the Mall of America on September 4 where he lost to Brian Pillman. He returned to WCW in September 1995; he would go on to face many other opponents such as Chris Benoit, Pillman, Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio Jr., and Juventud Guerrera, as well as unsuccessfully challenging Konnan for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship at Slamboree '96.[1]

Liger was met with controversy around late-November/early-December 1999 while wrestling a short tour in WCW as the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion when he lost the championship on an episode of Monday Nitro to Juventud Guerrera via a blow to the head from a tequila bottle.[2] Liger regained his title the following week from Psicosis, who was substituting for Guerrera because he broke his arm. However, the scripting of these title changes was viewed as embarrassing for NJPW and the company chose not to acknowledge or release any information about the title changes. In turn, none of the Japanese sports media outlets reported the two title changes as well.[8] New Japan did not recognize Guerrera's reign until 2007.[33] Liger was also referred to as a 10-time champion until this time.[34]
Since WCW is now a WWE property, he essentially and retroactively worked in WWE.

*** This post sponsored by I Hate Steven Singer dot com. ***

Tom Servo said:
Actually, it was five years. And he was a former WCW Light Heavyweight champion:

Since WCW is now a WWE property, he essentially and retroactively worked in WWE.

*** This post sponsored by I Hate Steven Singer dot com. ***
Yeah I wasn't going off technicality of WCW property with WWE. I was more so saying it's not surprising WWE puts people in the HOF who never were with them 

So, did all the allegations against Tessa just vanish into thin air? Wrestling Twitter seems to have her back as their Indie/Impact Queen. 

Wrestlevotes reports WWE HOF will induct Jushin Thunder Liger and...the Bella Twins. <_<  
Sounds like he might be right. Brad Sheppard who is usually accurate on the WWE HOF said he was able to independently confirm this was true along with Styles/Taker Mania if AJ is healthy enough by then to compete

So, did all the allegations against Tessa just vanish into thin air? Wrestling Twitter seems to have her back as their Indie/Impact Queen. 
Probably not. There's defenitely people who don't want her around but I also made a post about Allison Kay calling Tessa out for trying to blackmail her in the Indies and from getting other work in other promotions and events. Right now there isn't much to say. IMPACT won't strip the title off of her and its all mostly he said she said at this point. Until someone can proof of her bullying and racism it's go along with the regularly scheduled program. Gail Kim put herself in a position looking as a hypocrite considering she's very social Justice by defending how IMPACT and her handled it with Tessa. If I were IMPACT I wouldn't have putter the belt on her and kayfabe written her off T and out of storylines till I could complete my own investigation. Tell Tessa you are taking a paid vacation and lay low. We aren't saying we are punishing you but for your safety and our benefit we need you off TV right now so we can figure out what's going on and get in front of this. 

It's just really hard when there's zero paper trail. If someone has DM's, Texts, audio or video of Tessa doing or saying these things we can get into bigger details how she should be punished and all. All I know is Tessa has a checkered past and because of her personality WWE wasn't taking her baggage. Considering her father was in WWE during the MYC it says a lot when from what I've heard there was no pushback or defending his daughter from Tully on his end. Some people I spoke to said Tully wants Tessa to do this on their own while others had said he just didn't want to get involved as he's not with his daughter routinely to make an honest claim one way or another. 

Matt Hardy may have resigned with WWE which would be a complete 180 from previous reports. If so it looks like WWE might be going with the broken gimmick given Matt Hardy's twitter responses and all and Orton's attack "broke" him again 

Just catching up on AEW. I was 2 weeks behind. Just watched the strapping episode last night and am going to watch this past weeks episode tonight. After watching that strapping segment (amazing btw), damn I hyped for this upcoming week to see if Wardlow can throw down in the ring. Dude's got the size and the look to one day be a Heavyweight champ. Eventually they'll break him onto the mic, and see if he has the verbal chops to be a potential champ, but I think this is gonna be another home run this week with him and Cody. AEW is really starting to hit their stride.

Only thing that's puzzling to me is why AEW is blowing their Pac/Kenny load before Revolution. They've been building that for like 2 months now.

Also ETA: I haven't seen it yet but heard Nyla won Women's championship. Love that decision, I thought she should have been the first. If the next women's feud isn't Nyla/Statlander AEW is messing up. Those are probably the only two women on the planet I actually WANT to see wrestle. Usually I treat the women's segments as a bathroom break, but when those two are on TV, you better believe my ### is planted in that seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer Kross is backstage at tonights Takeover. He's suppose to debut under a new name but with Kross still in there and attack Adam Cole to close the show. The new name might be Either Angel Kross or just Kross. They don’t want to do the killer Kross due to killer and if they do shirts They don’t people to thinks it’s the klan so that’s that.

One of the better women's Street Fights I've seen in awhile 

Now for Poor Man's Overrated Johnny Wrestling Gargano vs Prince Finn Balor 

Ok why is Gargano Johnny Takeover when Balor has a better W/L then Gargano. Balor is 9-1 and been NXT champion the longest ever. Gargano is a poor man's Daniel Bryan

Ok why is Gargano Johnny Takeover when Balor has a better W/L then Gargano. Balor is 9-1 and been NXT champion the longest ever. Gargano is a poor man's Daniel Bryan
I think you're a bit rough on Johnny...  Finns finisher looks like one of the most painful to take.  Doesn't seem like there's any kafabing that one

I think you're a bit rough on Johnny...  Finns finisher looks like one of the most painful to take.  Doesn't seem like there's any kafabing that one
Don't think so. I don't see him as anything special. He was In some smaller promotions but never did ROH or anything like that. Not saying thats an end all be all but NXT is his first large promotion. He did Dragon Gate and Evolve but I consider those really minor. And Gargano's move set is fairly vanilla. Plus his character in NXT was a complete rip off of Daniel Bryan in WWE when going for the title without the added authority figure holding him back. 

Charlotte looking pretty hot in all black.

Sasha Banks has a part in The Mandalorian season 2. Cool.
Yeah Charlotte was a lot hotter before all the surgery. I really hate when a girl naturally good looking goes and screws her body up. Megan Fox did the same thing to her face and I hated it

Must be nice being Sasha. Throw a complete 5 year old temper tantrum with Bailey at Mania because of losing the titles, she gets a few months off work and comes back and is literally being handed everything. I think more wrestlers in the company should pull that and if they don't get what they want they can all point to Sasha. I hate awarding people for that kind of behavior. I'm cool with standing up for yourself and your morals and I'm cool with Punk simple walking out since he knew he wasn't coming back. But in Sasha and Bailey's case there are better ways to handle that 

That might be one of WWE's most avg Takeovers. Best match was the first match of the night. Women's street Fight was the best one out of the no DQ matches of the Women's division in some time. The #### finish at the end is a clear ratings move by NXT/Vince too AEW. I thought Ciampa/Gargano was a good feud but this doing the complete opposite of the first Gargano doesn't come off as a believable heel and I feel the feud went stale and ran its corse. Charlotte going after the NXT Women's title predictable. NXT is trying to get ratings to combat AEW so Vince might be more into letting stars who were in NXT to go back. Kind of disappointing night. Nothing too memorable 

sources; VKM is thinking about hiring Linda McMahon back as interim CEO. This is because XFL has been successful and work has more than tripled in a week... more to come

Brad Sheppard reports Davey Boy Smith to be inducted into the WWE HOF.
He mentioned something last week about DBS going in. Apparently WWE is trying to Resign Harry again (Lance Archers old Tag partner in Suzuki Gun and former WWE Hart Foundation) and trying to work something out with the family. Then Meltzer today and others tried to steal Brad's report and not credit him with it. 

Speaking of Sheppard he may have exposed a pedophile who was trolling him that twitter has banned the dudes account multiple times for other violations. Interesting thread on it too. 

Users who are viewing this thread