Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Ok why is Gargano Johnny Takeover when Balor has a better W/L then Gargano. Balor is 9-1 and been NXT champion the longest ever. Gargano is a poor man's Daniel Bryan

God I love Finn Balor 

30 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Ok why is Gargano Johnny Takeover when Balor has a better W/L then Gargano. Balor is 9-1 and been NXT champion the longest ever. Gargano is a poor man's Daniel Bryan

I think you're a bit rough on Johnny...  Finns finisher looks like one of the most painful to take.  Doesn't seem like there's any kafabing that one

• Thanks 1

Bruiserweights win. Fairly boring match IMHO 

46 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

I think you're a bit rough on Johnny...  Finns finisher looks like one of the most painful to take.  Doesn't seem like there's any kafabing that one

Don't think so. I don't see him as anything special. He was In some smaller promotions but never did ROH or anything like that. Not saying thats an end all be all but NXT is his first large promotion. He did Dragon Gate and Evolve but I consider those really minor. And Gargano's move set is fairly vanilla. Plus his character in NXT was a complete rip off of Daniel Bryan in WWE when going for the title without the added authority figure holding him back. 

Charlotte looking pretty hot in all black.

Sasha Banks has a part in The Mandalorian season 2. Cool.

13 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Charlotte looking pretty hot in all black.

Sasha Banks has a part in The Mandalorian season 2. Cool.

Yeah Charlotte was a lot hotter before all the surgery. I really hate when a girl naturally good looking goes and screws her body up. Megan Fox did the same thing to her face and I hated it

Must be nice being Sasha. Throw a complete 5 year old temper tantrum with Bailey at Mania because of losing the titles, she gets a few months off work and comes back and is literally being handed everything. I think more wrestlers in the company should pull that and if they don't get what they want they can all point to Sasha. I hate awarding people for that kind of behavior. I'm cool with standing up for yourself and your morals and I'm cool with Punk simple walking out since he knew he wasn't coming back. But in Sasha and Bailey's case there are better ways to handle that 

Cole/Ciampa is literally two guys I use to watch in ROH constantly. 

This has to be it

LOL Johnny just ####ed Ciampa 

We got to start this feud again? It was a good feud but it went stale 

That might be one of WWE's most avg Takeovers. Best match was the first match of the night. Women's street Fight was the best one out of the no DQ matches of the Women's division in some time. The #### finish at the end is a clear ratings move by NXT/Vince too AEW. I thought Ciampa/Gargano was a good feud but this doing the complete opposite of the first Gargano doesn't come off as a believable heel and I feel the feud went stale and ran its corse. Charlotte going after the NXT Women's title predictable. NXT is trying to get ratings to combat AEW so Vince might be more into letting stars who were in NXT to go back. Kind of disappointing night. Nothing too memorable 

sources; VKM is thinking about hiring Linda McMahon back as interim CEO. This is because XFL has been successful and work has more than tripled in a week... more to come

Shelton Benjamin resigned with WWE on a multi year contract. Think he was better going back to NJPW 

Brad Sheppard reports Davey Boy Smith to be inducted into the WWE HOF.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

5 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Ryan Satin and SRS reporting JBL to be inducted into the WWE HOF.

I'd be weary of SRS reporting it but if it's coming from Satin maybe who works with WWE but I've heard ants to try and keep the names under raps. 

9 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Brad Sheppard reports Davey Boy Smith to be inducted into the WWE HOF.

He mentioned something last week about DBS going in. Apparently WWE is trying to Resign Harry again (Lance Archers old Tag partner in Suzuki Gun and former WWE Hart Foundation) and trying to work something out with the family. Then Meltzer today and others tried to steal Brad's report and not credit him with it. 

Speaking of Sheppard he may have exposed a pedophile who was trolling him that twitter has banned the dudes account multiple times for other violations. Interesting thread on it too. 

8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

He mentioned something last week about DBS going in. Apparently WWE is trying to Resign Harry again (Lance Archers old Tag partner in Suzuki Gun and former WWE Hart Foundation) and trying to work something out with the family. Then Meltzer today and others tried to steal Brad's report and not credit him with it. 

Speaking of Sheppard he may have exposed a pedophile who was trolling him that twitter has banned the dudes account multiple times for other violations. Interesting thread on it too. 

Gotta link? I'd like to see the takedown.

9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I'd be weary of SRS reporting it but if it's coming from Satin maybe who works with WWE but I've heard ants to try and keep the names under raps. 

Sheppard independently confirmed it.

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Gotta link? I'd like to see the takedown.

thread starts here. BTW Brad also going off the picture dude sends the one girl either he or someone else found the dudes facebook that links directly to his twitter handles. 

Brad Shepppard being harassed by a potential pedophile and exposes them

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Sheppard independently confirmed it.

Yeah I saw that after the fact I posted that. When it comes to WWE HOF inductees Brad is really good at confirming names. 

Platitudes aren't enough for AEW.

Dynamite is my current favorite television show across any genre, nufced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My buddy is at AEW tonight. Not only did he see Raven there but met the dude. SUperJealous. He was in the second row where Mox landed. He pulled the one girl away from getting knockout by Mox going over 

Cody v Wardlow in the cage had everything in a tidy 12-minute package

10 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Old school Steel Cage match feel. Cage looked brand spanking new too. Liked the look 

I definitely think Cole/Paige will split but I'm gonna say they twist this in the turn. We all think Paige is gonna turn but what if Omega Turns and becomes his The Cleaner Character? It'd be a big time twist in it. Paige seems more of a loner type character wise. Seems heelish but not really a heel. Omega turning would make big headlines too 

27 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Platitudes aren't enough for AEW.

Dynamite is my current favorite television show across any genre, nufced.

It is fantastic. They really need to up the theme music game, though.

Edited by Tony Jabroni

31 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I definitely think Cole/Paige will split but I'm gonna say they twist this in the turn. We all think Paige is gonna turn but what if Omega Turns and becomes his The Cleaner Character? It'd be a big time twist in it. Paige seems more of a loner type character wise. Seems heelish but not really a heel. Omega turning would make big headlines too 

I think it was going to be Page from the get-go, but he got over.

When someone gets over, ride the horse you came in on. Hangman stays baby as the outlaw.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hagmania said:

And no WWE bovine scat of climbing over the cage to win.  A cage match the way God intended it to be.  :thumbup:

Anyone see the AEW action figures? I’m getting LeChampion. 

WWE apparently is feeding fake news to people to weed out those sharing with dirt sheets and reporters. After the Matt Riddle report of don't call out a superstar on another brand or higher up and the Brock stuff WWE had a meeting with talent and told them don't talk to reporters or dirt sheet people. Just stay in character with them. WWE is trying to stop leaks. Hence all the rumors recently of certain talent failing a wellness test. 

9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

WWE apparently is feeding fake news to people to weed out those sharing with dirt sheets and reporters. After the Matt Riddle report of don't call out a superstar on another brand or higher up and the Brock stuff WWE had a meeting with talent and told them don't talk to reporters or dirt sheet people. Just stay in character with them. WWE is trying to stop leaks. Hence all the rumors recently of certain talent failing a wellness test. 

Dolphins1925 says hi.  :lol:

11 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Dolphins1925 says hi.  :lol:

Not sure what you mean. He never really had an inside source. If you know how to bet wrestling the smart money if a leak had come out a few hours or an hour before showtime the moneyline would have a huge swing to one person. Like a few mania's ago for Undertaker and I think HHH it was. He would get lucky with the betting odds. Then when he missed a few people started turning on him. He was a fraud who claimed to have insider info but was just good with betting odds. He kept the schtick going on twitter for a few of the dummies who still followed him. His last tweet from the account he used was in 2015 when he disappeared. There are a few other accounts similar but I think they are all fake. 

Getting this from a few different places and one person a freelance Journalist (Who's broke some past news) who I follow. So comfortable sharing this. 

Matt Hardy has RENEWED his WWE deal. Sources tell me he’s going to the creative team and retire from full time competition for now. Broken Matt will be featured in his YouTube series as producers are allowed to do some work outside WWE.

Also I missed this from the freelance guy I followed but Impact was really considering keeping their title on Calahan until Tessa Apologized. It sounds like she admitted privately to the roster what she's been accused of is true 

Per sources, Tessa Blanchard held a private meeting with African American members of the Impact roster to apologize for the allegations levied against her. Impact apparently was set to have Sami Callihan retain at #HardToKill ,but Tessa's showing of remorse changed that.

On 2/22/2020 at 4:02 AM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

SRS reporting WWE in talks with ESPN+ regarding PPV rights.

I could see sharing the PPV right with ESPN+ along with the Network (kind of like how they handle NXT), but can't see how they remove PPVs from the Network.

1 minute ago, Bogart said:

I could see sharing the PPV right with ESPN+ along with the Network (kind of like how they handle NXT), but can't see how they remove PPVs from the Network.

It'll be interesting for sure.  Wonder what that would mean for Takeovers...

11 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

It'll be interesting for sure.  Wonder what that would mean for Takeovers...

Was trying to do the math to see if moving the entire WWE Network under the ESPN+ banner would work, but I don't think it does. WWE has roughly 2 million subscribers right now, at 10 bucks a pop. $20 million a month in revenue if my math is close. ESPN+ has 6.6 million subscribers a month, at 5 bucks a pop, $33 million a month taken in. ESPN couldn't hand over enough revenue to WWE to make the move worth it, at the current sub prices. 

Today is the birthday of the jet flying, kiss stealing, limousine riding, wheeling dealing son of a gun RIC FLAIR!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 5:02 AM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

SRS reporting WWE in talks with ESPN+ regarding PPV rights.

Meltzer reported this almost a week ago before SRS. But not surprised SRS doesn't credit the initial person 

On 2/22/2020 at 9:43 PM, Tom Servo said:

What a great gimmick. Nakamura's in NJPW was kind of this but didn't go this indepth 

Also Rusev is being replaced at Blood money show 

The blimps on SDLIVE are for Mustafi Ali Return nothing to do with Killer Kross. Kross is suppose to debut in NXT at some point next month or two but after that could be fast tracked to the main roster faster then most people