What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

ShamrockPride said:
As long as he doesn't go full comedy/WrestleCircus kind of stuff I'm fine with him. I very much enjoyed the PAC match. It was JUST enough shtick where it didn't distract from the action. And that takes talent to maintain that balance.

Dude did an arm drag with his hands in his pockets. Idk how the hell you even do that.
So you don't think Gentleman Jarvis pulling a pillow out from under the ring and putting OC down for a nap will work in AEW?  Rewatched that match Friday night and loved when the crowd went from chanting Holy #### to Holy Poop

So you don't think Gentleman Jarvis pulling a pillow out from under the ring and putting OC down for a nap will work in AEW?  Rewatched that match Friday night and loved when the crowd went from chanting Holy #### to Holy Poop
Gentleman Jervis is a quality human being and I will tolerate no slander of him, just in case you were thinking about it. :D

Seriously, he's been very open about his mental health struggles and works to be positive.  That's one reason I'm a fan.

Edge Orton should headline, no one is following that with this build
I'd agree if WWE didn't have this rule the Rumble winner main events Mania for the Title. I hope that it stays like that because Drew Deserves it and should win the title. I hate Brock has to be in the ME but apparently Heyman is defending this where VKM wants Roman's match to ME mania 

The Bucks of Youth made an appearance on the new #FreeTheDelete episode. If you've never watched any of the episodes it's wonderfully done. Matt's wife Reby does the editing, music score and filming of this series. 

MJF flips off kid at autograph signing. Cody defends on complaint.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/03/04/aew-mjf-kid-middle-finger-event-cody-rhodes-dad/

great response from Cody, I agree. 

They should be living the brand never breaking kayfabe. He’ll draw more boos now. Perfect.  I get that they are people and fans pay etc but he’s a bad guy. Maybe more of this won’t lead to people cheering the heels. 

My kid is 8 if that happened I’d be like well he’s a bad guy. That wasn’t cool let’s root for Cody to beat him 

guy was probably trying to cash in complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really happy for Matt going over to AEW. He should have a lot of fun. I actually hope he is not The Exalted One with the Dark Order. Would be a nice swerve if not.

MJF flips off kid at autograph signing. Cody defends on complaint.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/03/04/aew-mjf-kid-middle-finger-event-cody-rhodes-dad/

great response from Cody, I agree. 

They should be living the brand never breaking kayfabe. He’ll draw more boos now. Perfect.  I get that they are people and fans pay etc but he’s a bad guy. Maybe more of this won’t lead to people cheering the heels. 

My kid is 8 if that happened I’d be like well he’s a bad guy. That wasn’t cool let’s root for Cody to beat him 

guy was probably trying to cash in complaining.
I'd mark out if MFJ promo'd on me in character. We need Kayfabe to live. Some fan tweeted his own son in the hospital recovering from Wisdom teeth surgery and posted how they were excited to see Codi kick MJF's ### at Revelotuin. MFJ was tagged with Codi and MJF promo'd on the kid and parent. I would've marked out. As usual you had your SJW WWE fans in shock saying MJF is an ####### or inconsiderate and everyone else is like "Uh you know what kayfabe is right?" "Uh it's not like the kid has cancer or something it was Wisdom teeth removal." "Leave it to the WWE Cu** boys to make a mountain of an ant hole out of this." etc etc. It was great. Its too bad we have fans and dirt sheets who completely ruin the kayfavbe fun.This is why I love most of the guys in Bullet Club. When they were more heel before The Elite they all stayed in character. Now they do it again. Tama Tonga stays in character almost religiously. 

I can't remember who said it exactly (Maybe Jericho) but it's easier to be a heel and stay in Kayfabe then be a face and do it. I agree because as a heel you have so much more to work with and almost nothing (As long as it's in good taste and not totally offensive) that is off limits. You have way more freedom. If I was wrestling today my goal would be to be a great heel and not only that but to join NJPW and be in Bullet Club. So much there to work with. I'd probably be a mix of MJF, Tama Tonga, Prince Devitt and ELP. And then pull crap like Kenta did on Shibata and the fans to get them to really dislike me. 

Really happy for Matt going over to AEW. He should have a lot of fun. I actually hope he is not The Exalted One with the Dark Order. Would be a nice swerve if not.
I'm still not sure if Matt is going to AEW. Matt does a lot of trolling in general.Could very Well show up in NXT. I've heard Lance Archer might be The Exalted One. I may or may not have my first AEW source but everything the dude has said so far has happened so we'll see how that goes. He was right on Mox taking the belt, Cowboy and Omega winning, and the Backstage partying issue (I checked this one with multiple people and got someone who has someone closely involved with the after stuff backstage who confirmed this). He also told me Archer was signing just a day before it happened. Now we'll see if Archer is The Exalted one or if thats a Swerve by AEW and Matt is it. From what I'm getting is initial plan when this started was for Matt when his deal expired with WWE he'd be brought in as The Exalted one but they do have a back up plan if that doesn't happen. This thing has been thought out at length. 

The big one we'll see next if true he's told me is Omega is the one turning on Page. I asked the dude about that and suggested that and he said AEW as long as things don't change or some big issue comes up that is their plan. It'll be a huge swerve. Now I watch and interact with a podcast who does a review show after each Dynamite/PPV and I had suggested this idea like a few weeks ago. I know these promotions watch these podcast reviews and the guy I listen to they''ve stolen a few ideas from Tyson Kidd doing The Fact to Cesaro Suit strip into the wrestling attire entrance etc. So who knows.  I asked about if Kenny would go back to his Heel The Cleaner Gimmick but I didn't hear back on that. So we'll see. 

From the Matt stuff I was told was that AEW offered him $900K but I know nothing more like yrs/Contractual clause/gimmick details etc they offered. My guess is definite creative freedom with Character, time spent away from the ring and I'm sure image rights and merch details were discussed. 

I'd mark out if MFJ promo'd on me in character. We need Kayfabe to live.
So would I...but then again, I have thicker bark than most wrestling fans.

There is a This Is Kayfabe IG account that has Christy Hemme, Gail Kim and Lita involved.  The first photos show each of them with tape over their respective mouths with KAYFABE written on the tape.  I'm not sure what it's about, but time will tell.

So would I...but then again, I have thicker bark than most wrestling fans.

There is a This Is Kayfabe IG account that has Christy Hemme, Gail Kim and Lita involved.  The first photos show each of them with tape over their respective mouths with KAYFABE written on the tape.  I'm not sure what it's about, but time will tell.
I saw Paige promoting it. I think documentary series or something on the topic about women in wrestling. Don't think it's what you think its suppose to be. Looks like an actual TV series. Jimmy Jacobs is one of the writers producers of the show, CHavo Guerrero is a stunt coordinator,  David Sahadi who's worked at WWF/E and Impact is part of it he's now with MLW. Eddie Edwards wife who is a wrestler is part of the show, 

Gail Kim, Christy Hemme and Amy Dumas Kayfabe Wrestling series

I saw Paige promoting it. I think documentary series or something on the topic about women in wrestling. Don't think it's what you think its suppose to be. Looks like an actual TV series. Jimmy Jacobs is one of the writers producers of the show, CHavo Guerrero is a stunt coordinator,  David Sahadi who's worked at WWF/E and Impact is part of it he's now with MLW. Eddie Edwards wife who is a wrestler is part of the show, 

Gail Kim, Christy Hemme and Amy Dumas Kayfabe Wrestling series
Tbh, I had no idea what it would or could be about. :shrug:

The Jericho taking a 60 day absence stipulation this Main Event is AEW's way to explain Jericho's absence for the next 2 months do to Fozzy's tour. 

This is how wrestling write-ups should go.

Out of nowhere, Allin hits a wicked Canadian Destroyer for a near fall. He hits his even more wicked Coffin Drop off the top rope, which elicits the obligatory “Holy #####” chant from any red-blooded wrestling fan on planet earth that witnesses it. Back in the ring, he hits it again on Guevara for a close near fall that the Broomfield audience counted along with, hoping for the finish.

Jericho asked Jake this specific question when talking how Roberts invented the DDT. Jake said he didn't care if guys used it as a false finisher or not. I love Bully Ray the wrestler but over the years he comes off as someone that (if you haven't been in the business your opinion sucks and is always wrong). He was glad handing WWE for letting Goldberg beat the Fiend and getting snippy at people. 

Per a reliable source: There was already a case in the area Mania is happening 

BREAKING, I can confirm that the City of Tampa have contacted wwe officials and conversations are ongoing to POSTPONING WRESTLEMANIA. WWE SAID THEY WERE CONTINUING WITH PLANS BUT OTHER EVENTS AS CALLE 8 HAVE BEEN CANCELED.

Scott Steiner rushed to the hospital after a Impact Wrestling event according to Brad Sheppard. Being told it's serious. he collapsed backstage in the Impact Locker room. 

Even though he looked ridiculously strong once he took 'roids to the next level, Steiner's Big Poppa Pump gimmick was hysterical.  When he had Buff Bagwell as his sidekick, that was comedy gold.  And the Frankensteiner was still one of the most amazing wrestling moves ever.  The fact that a guy that big and strong was able to execute that move in the early 90's was crazy. 

Even though he looked ridiculously strong once he took 'roids to the next level, Steiner's Big Poppa Pump gimmick was hysterical.  When he had Buff Bagwell as his sidekick, that was comedy gold.  And the Frankensteiner was still one of the most amazing wrestling moves ever.  The fact that a guy that big and strong was able to execute that move in the early 90's was crazy. 
One of two guys that wrestled on the first Monday Night Raw (over 27 years ago!) still working. The other Taker.

Duane Gill/Gillberg, also on that show, had his last match last month.

Over Vince's, dead, virus-riddled body.
Government was In talked with WWE today. Its pretty serious. NBA or NHL (Can't remember which) just banned media in the locker room. NBA sent memos to teams yesterday about making a list of what staff is needed for a game day in case they have to play In empty arenas. WWE is under pressure to have it do to the international fans coming. 

It is my honest opinion that VKM canceling WrestleMania is the canary in the coal mine for how seriously containment is being taken.

Meltzer reported this almost a week ago before SRS. But not surprised SRS doesn't credit the initial person 
Funny I said this and just 2nights ago SRS did the same to Brad Sheppard on the Scott Steiner report. This guy loves stealing peoples stories. And when you ask him to credit the initial report he blocks you 

Per a source Brad Shepperd is reporting a WWE employee (Not working in the main office) came in contacted with a person with the CornaVirus. They are in self quarantine and an email sent to WWE employees. Link is to the email that was sent by source WWE put out 

WWE warns of possible CornaVirus contact from an employee
to add to this the person in NY who contracted this recently at a NY Hospital was in touch with the WWE employee or may have. 

Government was In talked with WWE today. Its pretty serious. NBA or NHL (Can't remember which) just banned media in the locker room. NBA sent memos to teams yesterday about making a list of what staff is needed for a game day in case they have to play In empty arenas. WWE is under pressure to have it do to the international fans coming. 
Just think, a WM before an empty crowd will definitely prove that all of the cheers for Roman Reigns are fake.

It is my honest opinion that VKM canceling WrestleMania is the canary in the coal mine for how seriously containment is being taken.
I would honestly say that, unless his hand is forced, WM will go forward. This would be like cancelling the Super Bowl; he's not going to let it happen.

Just think, a WM before an empty crowd will definitely prove that all of the cheers for Roman Reigns are fake.
All their shlt is piped in. Not a single ####lng regular is over. They've successfully made their brand the only thing that matters. Congrats?  :lol:  

Seth Rollins and the Bellas were always the funniest to me. You'd think the place was going nuts as they come out. Yet you never see a single person clapping/yelling/celebrating.

All their shlt is piped in. 

Seth Rollins and the Bellas were always the funniest to me. You'd think the place was going nuts as they come out. Yet you never see a single person clapping/yelling/celebrating.
John Cena later yrs was as well when they were forcing people to cheer for him. 

So my source plus Mike Johnson were right on Hardy being offered an NXT Deal

He was offered to be part of Creative led by Hunter and Borash and be broken Matt as the head of the stable. He declined as he wanted more Control and he did not want to move to Fl. Pos required him to move to FL with Fam or travel 4 days a week down there. Matt thought hard because Hunter was taking care of this in a very respectful manne. Hardy declined the offer proving that from the start he wasn't lying about Money not being a factor

Good first match the Philly native Drew Gulak vs a guy who's very well known for working with companies in Philly Bryan Danielson AKA Daniel Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread