What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Unfortunate timing for them. First time they've ventured out of their studio and easily could have had their audience or even empty crowd show there. I'd guess it holds 250-500 people.

They wholly overplayed the impact of this Marty Scurll midget. Tickets weren't selling. Went on sale back in Feb. Almost like they started listening to some neckbeard tell them "this guy is a star"....ROH paid him a lot of money!! He's gotta be a star then!!!" :lmao:   Doesn't fit their product at all. And their audience doesn't give 2 shlts about the guy. We saw him in the 2000's as "Jamie Noble". Wasn't a draw then. Not a draw now.

They did jack up their pricing for this event. A few days ago you could tell the tickets weren't selling as they started running a 4 tix/$100 special. Even the iPPV price doubled to $30 for early bird price from their last PPV. Like their product but not paying $30 or more for any wrestling show. I might pay them $30 to take this Marty Scurll midget off the show in their main event. That's about it. It literally looks like Nick Aldis is going to be wrestling some random schmoe out of their crowd....or taking a pic with fan.
Yeah, Marty needs to know what his lane is.  Unfortunately, that's not standing next to Nick Aldis.  He's fine in ROH and would work fine in AEW, but the NWA has a whole different vibe that he doesn't fit into.  I can't see him working well with Aldis, Tim Storm, the Wild Cards, etc. 

Monday's RAW may be held at the Performance Center

The episode, featuring WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin celebrating 3:16 Day, is still scheduled for the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA as of this writing, but an official update is expected some time today. @Wrestlevotes reports that RAW will likely air from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando on Monday, instead of Pittsburgh.
At this point, you may as well hold WrestleMania at the Performance Center.  <_<  

Basically a lot of companies's lives are on the line based on what the WWE does that weekend. If they cancel then chances are the other companies have to as well.  At least the ones holding major shows.  If they postpone the show it is still probably going to kill them because I can't see all these venues and hotels just allowing the change with no issue.  

Tampa says they will probably pull the plug on WM

Miller spoke to media, as seen in the video above, and said that they are probably going to "pull the plug" on the show if WWE does not make the call.

"I'm hoping that Vince McMahon and WrestleMania and WWE make the call themselves, but a week from now, if they've not done that and we're still in the situation we're in, we'll probably have to pull the plug on that," Miller said Friday, via Fox 13.
Good luck with that, chico.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to an indie show on Saturday night (I know, I know, social distancing, no groups over 50, etc) as I wanted to do my best to "support my local businesses". Got to meet Jaxon Stone (great Twitter follow and really positive vibe guy) and bought merch from him. Pre-order and paid for merch from some of the regular upper card guys. Even paid 5 bucks for some stickers I will never use. 

It wasn't much, but you could tell they were very appreciative of every dollar spent, regardless if they should have run that night or not.

Also, Wesley Crane is insane to see in person, Jason Silver is a local treasure who would be on a big roster if he was more than 5 feet nothing, 90 pounds soaking wet and Lizzie Thorne (she won the match in the Alexis Bliss video) is slowing coming into her own as a demonic witch heel and has a$$ for days. 

Never thought of that, is there really insurance to cover event cancellations, or was this /s?  
There is event insurance. That is why, when Austin cancelled SXSW, they got the city/state to declare a State Of Emergency even though there hadn't been a single positive case in Austin yet. That declaration had more to do with the insurance red tape than real life results.

WM at the Performance Center?

WrestleMania being relocated to the Performance Center reportedly has very little support, but that support is coming from "a high place" within the company, according to a new report from @Wrestlevotes. The leading idea for WrestleMania 36 being changed due to the coronavirus pandemic is to just postpone the event, but that is much harder than one might imagine. The ongoing situation was described as "uncharted waters" for the company.

As we noted earlier today, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is said to be very much against the idea of holding WrestleMania 36 inside of an empty Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. It was also reported today, via TMZ, that there's still a chance that WrestleMania 36 will happen in some capacity, despite calls to postpone the event from local officials, and growing pressure. The situation is said to be "fluid" and nothing is set in stone yet, but one of the options on the table is to hold a "no-fan event" like UFC, where WWE would still broadcast the event live on pay-per-view and the WWE Network.

WWE continues to be pressured to make a decision on the show, and Tampa officials said late last week that they will "pull the plug" on WrestleMania 36 if WWE doesn't make the call first. We do know that WWE has a contingency plan in place if local officials were to pull the event. There continues to be speculation on the show being changed from the original plans, especially after the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) announced on Sunday that they are now recommending organizers postpone or cancel any event that will have more than 50 people for the next 8 weeks to stop the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak.

Despite the rumors and speculation, WWE officials reportedly still plan to move forward with WrestleMania 36 as a broadcast on Sunday, April 5, according to a new report from PWInsider. Where that show will broadcast from remains up in the air, as does the other related WrestleMania 36 Week events. There have been rumors on WWE taking WrestleMania to places such as New York City and Saudi Arabia, but there is absolutely no truth to these rumors. PWInsider's report did confirm that there was talk over the weekend of holding WrestleMania at the Performance Center with no fans. While this idea was pitched, there's no word on if it remains a possibility as of today and it seems less likely with Vince being very much against it.

Regarding the rumor on possibly moving WrestleMania to Sunday, June 7, this was making the rounds among the WWE talents last week, but there's no word yet on if they are considering this. PWInsider notes that within certain circles in WWE there has been a move towards postponing WrestleMania, but Vince reportedly remains adamant that WrestleMania 36 will be held on April 5.
My money is still on Tampa cancelling WM so VKM can collect insurance on the deal.  

Feel bad for McIntyre and to a lesser extent Edge.  McIntyre gets fired, grinds his way back and earns a probable main event slot at WM and now he'll do it in front of empty seats.  Gotta be a total gut punch.

Isn't the usual rock solid SRS source, but rumor....

@fightoracle

**HUGE WRESTLEMANIA RUMOR** >WrestleMania will NOT happen from the PC in Orlando. Why? >WWE’s insurance policy says they have a duty to mitigate damages (in this case that means finding a new venue) >WWE announced WrestleMania as the new venue w/intent to satisfy that requirement
@fightoracle

>the thought is the City of Orlando will shut down the Wrestlemania event from the PC >at this point, WWE will have shown they tried their best to move the event (mitigate damages) and they’d get paid by their insurer >WWE will look to stage WrestleMania at later date. MSG is targeted
@fightoracle

>Of course everything is fluid. Everything at this point is a rumor until Kennedy McMahon makes the call. >it just doesn’t make sense to run WM from the PC. Just part of the insurance claim process
@fightoracle

CDC is saying don’t be around more than 10 ppl. How you gonna have all the wrestlers at the PC? Refs. Creative. Production (satellite uplink), Medical personnel (very important). Need ambulances. Security.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrestling's latest feud - Wrestlecon v. Marriott

As noted on Monday, WrestleCon revealed in a tweet that they were forced to cancel their week of events after WWE did the same due to the coronavirus pandemic. The convention promoters revealed in another tweet to a fan that due to Marriott International's "Cancellation & Refund Policy" they are apparently being charged more than $114,000 for "liquidated damages."
WWE wrestlers offer their support

The NWA suspends operations temporarily:

The National Wrestling Alliance, given the uncertain course of this world health crisis, is suspending normal operations until June as far as any live performances. This includes the upcoming Atlanta, GA events; Crockett Cup PPV on April 19th at the Gateway Center Arena and our NWA Powerrr tapings at GPB Studios on April 20th and 21st. At this time, the Super Powerrr episode scheduled to air on Tuesday March 17th, which promoted these events, will not air in its current form in order to not create confusion in the marketplace. However, we will continue to produce content in the interim, and thank fans in advance for their continued support. The health and safety of our wrestlers, in-house and NWA staff, and fans are of the utmost importance during the global pandemic of COVID-19. We look forward to seeing you all soon. For those who have purchased tickets to The Crockett Cup at the Gateway Center, you’ll be receiving a refund from the point of purchase. For the NWA Powerrr at GPB on April 20th and 21st, if you’d like to keep your tickets for a future GPB event please email Maureen@nationalwrestlingalliance.com If you do not contact Maureen within 5 days, you’ll be issued a refund on your NWA Powerrr tickets. Please stay safe! David Lagana | VP National Wrestling Alliance

Tom Servo said:
The NWA suspends operations temporarily:
I don't know much about their balance sheets, etc, but I think if anyone can lean into this and come out stronger, it's the NWA. You can tell from the talent to management, they are circling the wagons and thinking outside the box on how to move forward.

That said, if you have a favorite local or indie wrestler, search out their social media, buy a shirt, buy some photos, venmo them a cup of coffee, it means a lot.

I don't know much about their balance sheets, etc, but I think if anyone can lean into this and come out stronger, it's the NWA. You can tell from the talent to management, they are circling the wagons and thinking outside the box on how to move forward.

That said, if you have a favorite local or indie wrestler, search out their social media, buy a shirt, buy some photos, venmo them a cup of coffee, it means a lot.
As long as you're not buying ring-used gear, because that's weird.

I don't care how bad Wrestlemania might be, by then we will all be looking for any kind of entertainment. It's something to look forward to.

It's not available to me?  The heck...
Not sure why. I double checked the link and takes me to part one. Did u try going to Vice's YouTube channel? It's entitled 'Benoit Part One | DARK SIDE OF THE RING' if u try to paste that into YouTube search field.

Only other thing I could think maybe geographical (?) 

Not sure why. I double checked the link and takes me to part one. Did u try going to Vice's YouTube channel? It's entitled 'Benoit Part One | DARK SIDE OF THE RING' if u try to paste that into YouTube search field.

The link works for me in MA

The VPN of my Opera Browser is set to the Netherlands.

Users who are viewing this thread