Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Recommended Posts

WWE NXTUK no more. Pretty obvious as contacts and fans have been telling me WWE doesn't give a #### about the UK unless when they travel there. UK NXT is losing a lot of money too

 

WWE Expected to consolidate all NXT operations in Florida. NXT UK will be shutdown and rebranded.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Vince has really out done himself this time. Per a source

movement from WWE wrestlers to “stop” taping is coming as being influenced by wrestlers that want to get out of their contracts. It is said that mid to top card wrestlers are pushing for this to get fired and go to AEW, Impact or other companies.

How many spots do they think AEW has? At this point, I have to believe that it would have to be a pretty big star for AEW to take on more people. Like  a Kevin Owens or Daniel Bryan.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Deranged Hermit said:

How many spots do they think AEW has? At this point, I have to believe that it would have to be a pretty big star for AEW to take on more people. Like  a Kevin Owens or Daniel Bryan.

At this point, they've got big men like Brodie Lee and Cage, the tag team division is stacked, and they have a decent variety of non-monster sized guys.  There's maybe 3-4 guys that AEW would look at.  IMPACT will take the local paper boy if he can bump.

The only real, obvious hole AEW has is the women's division.  While I don't think they'll take Tessa Blanchard - or that she'll go there - that would probably be her best fit.  However, you'd need a correspondingly huge face to put against her.  I don't know as the E has any ladies outside of the top tier that could move the needle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

At this point, they've got big men like Brodie Lee and Cage, the tag team division is stacked, and they have a decent variety of non-monster sized guys.  There's maybe 3-4 guys that AEW would look at.  IMPACT will take the local paper boy if he can bump.

The only real, obvious hole AEW has is the women's division.  While I don't think they'll take Tessa Blanchard - or that she'll go there - that would probably be her best fit.  However, you'd need a correspondingly huge face to put against her.  I don't know as the E has any ladies outside of the top tier that could move the needle.

Britt Baker will be the woman when she comes back. The Fiend knockoff from two weeks ago seems like a someone AEW might try to go with as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

At this point, they've got big men like Brodie Lee and Cage, the tag team division is stacked, and they have a decent variety of non-monster sized guys.  There's maybe 3-4 guys that AEW would look at.  IMPACT will take the local paper boy if he can bump.

The only real, obvious hole AEW has is the women's division.  While I don't think they'll take Tessa Blanchard - or that she'll go there - that would probably be her best fit.  However, you'd need a correspondingly huge face to put against her.  I don't know as the E has any ladies outside of the top tier that could move the needle.

No sure how much stock you put into these guys but Going in Raw said Alex McCarthy had a report that said he had a source close to Tessa who said AEW had zero interest and she had little interest going there. Also there was never an official reaching out either for her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

How many spots do they think AEW has? At this point, I have to believe that it would have to be a pretty big star for AEW to take on more people. Like  a Kevin Owens or Daniel Bryan.

Jeff Hardy would go to AEW to be with Matt plus they want to do another match with the yOung Bucks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

No sure how much stock you put into these guys but Going in Raw said Alex McCarthy had a report that said he had a source close to Tessa who said AEW had zero interest and she had little interest going there. Also there was never an official reaching out either for her. 

Oh, I have no doubt that AEW has little interest in her. Strictly from a **wrestling** standpoint, she would be an immediate upgrade.  AEW values camaraderie in the locker room as much as talent.  I mean, if Tony Khan is willing to ban both Hulk and Linda Hogan from AEW, I can only imagine that Tessa Blanchard is on AEW's Do Not Fly list.  :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Britt Baker will be the woman when she comes back. The Fiend knockoff from two weeks ago seems like a someone AEW might try to go with as well.

Please use my wrestling crush's name with respect. :wub: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The $10.81 a month price point for the WWE Network is that perfect "damn, it hit my card again, I really should unsub from it" but then you forget and don't spot. The Undertaker doc was worth the price, and I still will fire up a PPV from whatever Conrad Thompson is talking about, but I really should cut ties. Nothing currently is interesting enough to pay for.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bogart said:

The $10.81 a month price point for the WWE Network is that perfect "damn, it hit my card again, I really should unsub from it" but then you forget and don't spot. The Undertaker doc was worth the price, and I still will fire up a PPV from whatever Conrad Thompson is talking about, but I really should cut ties. Nothing currently is interesting enough to pay for.

I'm listening to some of the old Bruce Pritchard episodes now, the Macho Man one in particular. The old stuff is  soooooo good. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogart said:

The $10.81 a month price point for the WWE Network is that perfect "damn, it hit my card again, I really should unsub from it" but then you forget and don't spot. The Undertaker doc was worth the price, and I still will fire up a PPV from whatever Conrad Thompson is talking about, but I really should cut ties. Nothing currently is interesting enough to pay for.

Isn't there a free tier right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bogart said:

The $10.81 a month price point for the WWE Network is that perfect "damn, it hit my card again, I really should unsub from it" but then you forget and don't spot. The Undertaker doc was worth the price, and I still will fire up a PPV from whatever Conrad Thompson is talking about, but I really should cut ties. Nothing currently is interesting enough to pay for.

I use mostly for NXT and I was going back and watching old raws and Smackdowns. Started with The Invasion Storyline (Still one of the biggest what if's and not done properly storylines ever but still one of the best) and going from there. But really should cut ties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Isn't there a free tier right now?

Doesn't have a whole lot. Most of the stuff many people would want or interested in is behind the pay wall. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bogart said:

The $10.81 a month price point for the WWE Network is that perfect "damn, it hit my card again, I really should unsub from it" but then you forget and don't spot. The Undertaker doc was worth the price, and I still will fire up a PPV from whatever Conrad Thompson is talking about, but I really should cut ties. Nothing currently is interesting enough to pay for.

At that price I get my beer an hour value out of it. Once in a while I like the 80’s stuff. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now WWE is following guidelines and acting like they care when this is just more CYA 

 whoever doesn’t wear a mask in the Performance Center will get a 30 day wellness suspension. Whoever fails to social distance will be kicked out of the PC and sent home indefinitely. Covid cases or possible cases will be handled accordingly. Talent reminded of Hippa law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

So now WWE is following guidelines and acting like they care when this is just more CYA 

 whoever doesn’t wear a mask in the Performance Center will get a 30 day wellness suspension. Whoever fails to social distance will be kicked out of the PC and sent home indefinitely. Covid cases or possible cases will be handled accordingly. Talent reminded of Hippa law.

I feel like if Vince McMahon cured Covid-19 you'd say he knew how to cure it for months and didn't tell anyone because he was being petty and that the only reason he's curing it now is so everyone will be able to come back to work now and he can bench them as revenge for staying out before he released the cure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fight for the Fallen in 2 Weeks. Mox vs Cage for the AEW Title. AEW can't say but Mox's wife Reene Young as many might already know was one of the positive tests from the last taping WWE did that had over two plus test positive. AEW came to the decision since tapings were for this week for both Fyter Fest shows that Moxley wouldn't be quarantined long enough. This was the best case scenario solution. AEW gas already announced the match 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Roberts looks like Jeff Probst hosting Survivor with that outfit on tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shida - Penelope Ford had a banger of a match last night.  When Shida put Ford in the backbreaker, I was afraid we were going to have a wardrobe malfunction. :oldunsure: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Shida - Penelope Ford had a banger of a match last night.  When Shida put Ford in the backbreaker, I was afraid we were going to have a wardrobe malfunction. :oldunsure: 

Yes, I was "afraid" that would happen as well... ;)  :lmao: 

  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Shida - Penelope Ford had a banger of a match last night.  When Shida put Ford in the backbreaker, I was afraid hoping we were going to have a wardrobe malfunction. :oldunsure: 

Fixed that for you. She is too amazing to have ever dated Joey Janela.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Fixed that for you. She is too amazing to have ever dated Joey Janela.

Definite head scratcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What Culture has reported that Tessa Blanchard has a no disparagement clause in her contract with IMPACT.  So, we'll get no shoot interviews from her on her termination.  (Supposedly, the NWA has similar language in their contracts.)

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Shida - Penelope Ford had a banger of a match last night.  When Shida put Ford in the backbreaker, I was afraid we were going to have a wardrobe malfunction. :oldunsure: 

Ford is awesome just give her a chance. She does a lot of stuff girls won't try. Not gonna say she's the next Lita but her style of work in the ring reminds me of her.  Ford grew up 30 mins from me and was great in CZW 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the NXT main even finish between Cole and Lee leaked out. The WWE tried to cover it up by saying they filmed two finishes,  but no one believes them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

TV Champion ZIcky Dice requested and was granted his release from NWA recently.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:
Quote

Vince is said to be down on Baszler because he never conceptually grasped the in-ring style that an MMA fighter should use in pro wrestling. It was also said by the Observer that Baszler doesn't "check his buttons" when it comes to women in pro wrestling.

You know, he did have someone like that.  For the life of me, I can't remember her name...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

TV Champion ZIcky Dice requested and was granted his release from NWA recently.

More

Quote

The WON reports that Billy Corgan granted his release because he only wants team players to work for him. As noted, the company is currently undergoing major changes due to David Lagana’s departure. Veteran wrestlers are taking advisory positions and there is more collaboration between the office and wrestlers.

This is ironic given Corgan's attitude with his band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kari Sane's will be leaving WWE after Monday's RAW. Her husband is in Japan and they are in a long distance relationship. I've heard from Several sources but apparently this was planned by Kari for awhile after she knew she was getting married. One source says WWE may offer her a non wrestling role (possible helping sign Japanese talent or getting NXT Japan going). However a source I have in Japan close to NJPW and Shimmer that is partially owned by NJPW that NJPW and Shimmer are interested in singing Kari for the women's promotion. It was suggested in the observer that this could happen but word I'm getting is they are very interested. It's just a matter of getting two to tango and Kari being on board with it. What's certain is Sane is done with WWE and Monday is her last appearance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 3:46 PM, DJackson10 said:

So now WWE is following guidelines and acting like they care when this is just more CYA 

 whoever doesn’t wear a mask in the Performance Center will get a 30 day wellness suspension. Whoever fails to social distance will be kicked out of the PC and sent home indefinitely. Covid cases or possible cases will be handled accordingly. Talent reminded of Hippa law.

The Observer confirms my sources report on this 

WWE institutes all personal wear mask. Non Compliance results in fines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Kari Sane's will be leaving WWE after Monday's RAW. Her husband is in Japan and they are in a long distance relationship. I've heard from Several sources but apparently this was planned by Kari for awhile after she knew she was getting married. One source says WWE may offer her a non wrestling role (possible helping sign Japanese talent or getting NXT Japan going). However a source I have in Japan close to NJPW and Shimmer that is partially owned by NJPW that NJPW and Shimmer are interested in singing Kari for the women's promotion. It was suggested in the observer that this could happen but word I'm getting is they are very interested. It's just a matter of getting two to tango and Kari being on board with it. What's certain is Sane is done with WWE and Monday is her last appearance

Some people will do anything to get away from Nia Jax.

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Some people will do anything to get away from Nia Jax.

In all seriousness this was Sane's plan before this. But yeah I'd fake being sick if it got me out of the ring with Nia. What I hate about Nia the most is the virtue signaling. All this stay positive don't go after other people yet the minute she's attacked she sends her fans out to get them and acts like a drama queen. Then when she gets attacked back for the stuff she plays the victim card. Even when people are constructively criticizing her in ring talent (Or lack there of) she blows up even when they are being nice about it. 

A lot of the talent is pissed she's even competing still like its been reported and feel she gets special treatment do to her family ties. My co worker who does part time said his production buddies said if that was anyone else who broke Becky's face like Dana, or someone like that they'd already be out of a job. I hate so much respect for Dwayne Johnson's family and relatives including The Fatu's (Know one of the family members personally and visited the Allentown wrestling school), but Nia does everything she can to embarrass the family. I hope Rock's Daughter Simon is good talent wise in the ring. She's still green considering she really doesn't have that much experience and only 18-19 but if she's anywhere close to Nia bad they need to cut bait a lot sooner to not have another NIA problem. 

Edited by DJackson10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has become the "inside info" source for professional wrestling, correct?

 

THIS JUST IN: I WILL NOT BE FACING ROMAN REIGNS FOR THE WCW WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP AT THIS MONTH'S "HOG WILD"!!!!!1

  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 3:17 PM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I called it when she first came into WWE. She wasn't gonna last on the Main roster as long as Vince is around and she'd play second fiddle if or when they have her and 4 horsewomen of MMA teamed together. Sucks for Shayna but I always did find her boring anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, millertyme1 said:

:thumbup: As reported EXCLUSIVELY by SRS on June 25 https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/nwa-tv-champion-zicky-dice-granted-his-release-more-details

Part of Meltzer's "breaking news" a week later :lol: 

Meltzer has no news ever. He reported things I put on here from sources like months later. The whole breaking news he put of when Fox Debuts they wanted Brock as Champ I think I put that out in Dec or January. Took him till Late August to report that as "breaking news." I guess Levasque was right that WWE/F used Dave like their :censored: and he never he knew. Dave Meltzer is someone who thought he was part of the cool crowd but they just felt bad for him and used him for what he was good at. Now WWE uses SI Justin Barraso and FoxSports and ESPN for their exclusives. If I was Meltzer I'd like Alvarez run things and stick to what I know best. Wrestling matches and history and NJPW. Its obvious he's lost most of his great sources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for @facook...so you know this isn't all insider news and whatnot:  Clash of the Champions I from Greensboro, NC.

This one is a history lesson for the kids and a walk down memory lane for us old farts.  WWF had forced PPV carriers to carry Survivor Series on Thanksgiving night 1987 over the NWA's Starrcade.  Those carriers who didn't provide SS were going to be denied access to the following year's Wrestlemania (IV).  PPV providers told McMahon to play nice and not schedule opposite the NWA.  He didn't; when the NWA ran the Bunkhouse Stampede in January 1988, McMahon aired the first Royal Rumble for free on USA.

Clash of the Champions was NWA returning the favor for both incidents.  CotC was shown for free on TBS on March 27, 1988 while Wrestlemania was on PPV.  Clash had 5 solid matches, topped off by Sting - Flair which put Sting on the main event map.  While it would be 3 years before Flair dropped the strap to the Stinger, the latter became a made man that night in Greensboro.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Just for @facook...so you know this isn't all insider news and whatnot:  Clash of the Champions I from Greensboro, NC.

This one is a history lesson for the kids and a walk down memory lane for us old farts.  WWF had forced PPV carriers to carry Survivor Series on Thanksgiving night 1987 over the NWA's Starrcade.  Those carriers who didn't provide SS were going to be denied access to the following year's Wrestlemania (IV).  PPV providers told McMahon to play nice and not schedule opposite the NWA.  He didn't; when the NWA ran the Bunkhouse Stampede in January 1988, McMahon aired the first Royal Rumble for free on USA.

Clash of the Champions was NWA returning the favor for both incidents.  CotC was shown for free on TBS on March 27, 1988 while Wrestlemania was on PPV.  Clash had 5 solid matches, topped off by Sting - Flair which put Sting on the main event map.  While it would be 3 years before Flair dropped the strap to the Stinger, the latter became a made man that night in Greensboro.

Like many, I thoroughly enjoyed the moment when Sting won the belt from Flair (even if the finish was a bit underwhelming; Flair should have put him over by letting Sting beat him with the scorpion deathlock rather than the small package counter to the F4, which was the exact way Sting had beat him at Starrcade '89), but it became clear quickly that Sting was a guy who was far more entertaining chasing the belt than actually being the champ.  Granted, the Black Scorpion storyline was terrible and dominated most of his first reign, but he was a flop as a champ the first time around and was never really given another extended run with the world title after that. Even in '92, when he won the belt from a departing Luger, and it appeared as if he would once again have a long reign and become the man, he was dropping it four months later in a clean loss to Vader.   Bottom line is that after many thought he would dominate WCW in the 90's the way Flair dominated the NWA/WCW in the 80's, he was a total flop in that regard. 

Edited by Ghost Rider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Like many, I thoroughly enjoyed the moment when Sting won the belt from Flair (even if the finish was a bit underwhelming; Flair should have put him over by letting Sting beat him with the scorpion deathlock rather than the small package counter to the F4, which was the exact way Sting had beat him at Starrcade '89), but it became clear quickly that Sting was a guy who was far more entertaining chasing the belt than actually being the champ.  Granted, the Black Scorpion storyline was terrible and dominated most of his first reign, but he was a flop as a champ the first time around and was never really given another extended run with the world title after that. Even in '92, when he won the belt from a departing Luger, and it appeared as if he would once again have a long reign and become the man, he was dropping it four months later in a clean loss to Vader.   Bottom line is that after many thought he would dominate WCW in the 90's the way Flair dominated the NWA/WCW in the 80's, he was a total flop in that regard. 

That was the same appeal that Dusty had.  If you check out his NWA World Championship runs, they were very brief.  In his three reigns, he only held the title for 107 days, and one of those was only 5 days.

It's also good to remember that the NWA in those days was a heel-dominated promotion, a reverse of the WWF.  In the case of the NWA, they had a face factory to constantly send new opponents to Flair (WWF had a heel factory to build up opponents for Hogan).  Now, in a case like 1989 where Flair went from being a heel against Steamboat to face immediately thereafter when he was attacked by Terry Funk, they booked him as needed to get the crowd's blood flowing.  One could argue that the fans were more against Funk winning the belt than Flair retaining it.

At the end of the day, Sting is a great wrestler. IIRC, Ole Anderson was the booker during this time, and he had a more old-school approach to booking which did Sting no favors.  OTOH, both Hogan and Flair had IT in spades.  Both were very charismatic (Flair was obviously the better wrestler) and could keep audiences glued to the TV or to their seats.  When they came to the ring, it was crowd pop city, baby.  Sting, while popular, didn't have IT, couldn't have IT, but it didn't mean he sucked.  After all, both handoffs of world titles in the early 90s were massive let downs: Hogan to Warrior and Flair to Sting.  Both of the former Blade Runners ended up disappointing, but for very different reasons.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

That was the same appeal that Dusty had.  If you check out his NWA World Championship runs, they were very brief.  In his three reigns, he only held the title for 107 days, and one of those was only 5 days.

It's also good to remember that the NWA in those days was a heel-dominated promotion, a reverse of the WWF.  In the case of the NWA, they had a face factory to constantly send new opponents to Flair (WWF had a heel factory to build up opponents for Hogan).  Now, in a case like 1989 where Flair went from being a heel against Steamboat to face immediately thereafter when he was attacked by Terry Funk, they booked him as needed to get the crowd's blood flowing.  One could argue that the fans were more against Funk winning the belt than Flair retaining it.

At the end of the day, Sting is a great wrestler. IIRC, Ole Anderson was the booker during this time, and he had a more old-school approach to booking which did Sting no favors.  OTOH, both Hogan and Flair had IT in spades.  Both were very charismatic (Flair was obviously the better wrestler) and could keep audiences glued to the TV or to their seats.  When they came to the ring, it was crowd pop city, baby.  Sting, while popular, didn't have IT, couldn't have IT, but it didn't mean he sucked.  After all, both handoffs of world titles in the early 90s were massive let downs: Hogan to Warrior and Flair to Sting.  Both of the former Blade Runners ended up disappointing, but for very different reasons.

Good point about Dusty, and how the NWA and WWF were dominated by different challengers in the 80's.

In the case of the Warrior, while he was over big time with the fans, it became obvious quickly that many weren't ready for him to take over as the top face.  Vince didn't do him any favors by sticking him in the 4th of 5 slots in the first Saturday Night's Main Event following WM6 (when the world champ seemingly got always got slot 2 at SNME), and in a forgettable match against Haku, or making his first major feud as champ a recycled one with Rick Rude. Rude was awesome, but we had just seen that feud for much of 1989. 

Back to Flair and 1989, he was getting cheered quite a bit during the Steamboat feud IIRC, so making the transition to face was an easy one, especially with a despicable heel like Funk as his attacker.  That feud is still one of my favorites ever as it seemed so real that it really felt like the two hated each other.

The booking of Flair in 1990 prior to Sting's win didn't help him either.  Flair was beaten by Luger in both PPV matches only have to the Horseman save him both times, and even in a match in the last Clash before Sting won it, Flair was dominated and looked overmatched against freaking Junkyard Dog, so by the time the Sting match came along, Flair no longer had that aura of invincibility; he looked like an old man who knew he had no chance to beat Sting once his Horseman were neutralized by the stipulations of the match (Sting's buddies getting to surround the ring and Ole being handcuffed to El Gigante).

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

The booking of Flair in 1990 prior to Sting's win didn't help him either.  Flair was beaten by Luger in both PPV matches only have to the Horseman save him both times, and even in a match in the last Clash before Sting won it, Flair was dominated and looked overmatched against freaking Junkyard Dog, so by the time the Sting match came along, Flair no longer had that aura of invincibility; he looked like an old man who knew he had no chance to beat Sting once his Horseman were neutralized by the stipulations of the match (Sting's buddies getting to surround the ring and Ole being handcuffed to El Gigante).

That, according to Jim Ross, was Ole sticking it to Flair to show him just who was boss.  It was a rib, but a bad one because by that time JYD had become to Dave Meltzer "Junk Food Dog", a name not entirely indicative of his physical condition at that time.  The problem was, it was drugs and not food that acted as JYD's demons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guy.  I need a cigarette.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

My source - cut and pasted from WINC: Brian Pillman Jr to appear on AEW Dark this week.

Don't be surprised if he's signed. AEW is very interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Bleacher report in their Wrestling run down they said it'd be ill advised for either WWE or AEW to sign Tessa Blanchard right now. She's best to stay low for the foreseeable future given all the racial injustice and SPeaknow stuff going on. Would she do well for either company? Absolutely but until Tessa learns some maturity and gets her head out of her butt she's not going to stay anywhere very long 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

That, according to Jim Ross, was Ole sticking it to Flair to show him just who was boss.  It was a rib, but a bad one because by that time JYD had become to Dave Meltzer "Junk Food Dog", a name not entirely indicative of his physical condition at that time.  The problem was, it was drugs and not food that acted as JYD's demons.

That just shows how bad of a booker Ole was, then.  Making your world champ look bad just to show him who was boss? That is so stupid.  I still remember watching that match and thinking, "how does Flair look this bad against freaking JYD?"  I guess props to Flair for making JYD look like a million bucks, but it made no sense considering Flair's status at the time and the fact that JYD hadn't won a big match on TV against anyone in literally years (and was never a main eventer anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sources today 

WWE IS TRYING TO BRING RUSEV BACK. My sources say that LASHLEY is behind the push as his fewd with Drew didn’t go nowhere. Rusev is said that he doesn’t want to wrestle in the foreseeable future.

One of the USOS brother’s approached VKM and expressed his concerned about not wearing masks, VKM agreed with him. Jay Uso approached VKM in the set of tapings that included family members to express his displeasure with the situation and told him he would wear a mask All the time even on TV. The way Jay got around VKM was that he put him in the position of not having any top card performers for Summerslam or worse thru the entire summer if they wouldn’t protect themselves. VKm agreed and make it mandatory along with fines and/or suspensions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.