Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

5 hours ago, Bogart said:

I honestly can't wait to see what he does the next 10-15 years. The guy just entertains.

And that Royal Rumble pop in 2028 is going to be insane....

Jericho last week on the Sat Night Special someone asked if he's ever going back to WWE. He said at this time he probably never will go back. Not because he burned bridges with Vince as he was apparently pretty professional with Jericho when he said he was signing with AEW and not coming back to WWE. 

3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Supposedly, there's "chaos"  surrounding today's tapings of RAW.

ETA: Shane o'Mac is back tonight!  That'll put butts in seats!

Yeah because Shane is back. Ryan Satan teased the usual "from what I'm hearing it's gonna put wrestling twitter in a frenzy with a lot to talk about." tweet earlier too. 

Also I hate Twitter Trending tab. They need to on the laptop at least put a description in the right of the screen where Trending is. Today I saw RIP RAZOR and instantly thought one of my favorite Wrestler Razor Ramon AKA Scott Hall AKA Most underrated Wrestler in the NWO outside of Sting had died. Twitter almost had me dead. :wall::censored:

1 hour ago, Peak said:

I don't know what I like more!  The mini-meat/cheese platter, or the mini-folding table, or the fact Jericho has a mini shirt with his own mini-face on it!  :lmao::lmao:

There's a lot there, and I'm here for all of it.  I'm debating if I take this to work after I can go back or leave it in my man cave.

• Like 2

Can someone tell me what I watched last night? Jesus god that was bad. I watched on a streaming (they don't deserve to get my actual viewership till they prove otherwise) and RAW reminded me why I stopped watching it. literally redoing the HBK fainting storyline from over 20 yrs ago with Ford. Don't know what I watched with NIA. The Drew stuff was interesting and Domick looks pretty decent out there and already better then Nia just on the few spots I saw. Gave a really good Tiger Fient (AKA 619) to Seth or Murphy last night. Actually interested to see how that match at THE SUMMERSLAM makes out. Dom sounds like Rey a bit in his voice already too. Everything else was hot garbage. Raw Underground is terrible. Its like Vince Saw Fight Club for the first time Sunday night and goes I got this great Idea that is gonna work and it's gonna make me look so hip and cool with the kids today!!!!

AEW owner Tony Kahn who's family owns Fulham in England won today with two goals from one guy and an impressive free kick one to earn promotion to England top level Football. 

Kurt Angle celebrated 7 years of sobriety yesterday. :thumbup:

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Raw Underground is terrible. Its like Vince Saw Fight Club for the first time Sunday night and goes I got this great Idea that is gonna work and it's gonna make me look so hip and cool with the kids today!!!!

Shane is a huge fan of combat sports. HTH. 

55 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Marty Jannetty is trending on Twitter in 2020.

If you want find out why, feel free to look :unsure: 

Nope.  I'm good.  Thanks tho.

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Guy needs serious help.

Apparently admitted to a murder he committed 40 some odd years ago on his Facebook. I'm surprised Marty is still alive TBH. I've heard for several years now that of all the guys with their issues from their wrestling days, he is/was far and away in the worst shape.

Edited by Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub

On 8/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Raw Underground

SUCH GOOD SHlT PAL!!!! 

I liked them trying something different as well.

They've got to try it. Particularly trying to fill a 3 hour show and trying to add new audience. The typical in ring stuff is only going to lead to less and less in the ratings. We've got years upon years of evidence of that. Same for most all the other companies. The only wrestling show I've watched in the past 10-15+ years that had me looking forward to what happens next week is/was NWA. Perfect length, different look, and mix of in ring/out of ring segments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's just messed up. The "confession" isn't even the worse part. That said, let him trend for another day or two and Vince will have him show up Monday night.

5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Shane is a huge fan of combat sports. HTH. 

Yeah I was making a joke I've seen online from the IWC since this debuted. Undertaker is also a fan of combat sports. One of the first wrestlers that was not in MMA/Boxing to implement MMA's moves into his move set (Stevie Blackman was a wrestler but it was a gimmick thing and he's an MMA Self Defense instructor in Harrisburg) when he started the biker gimmick. He said he had to change it up to keep people interested. He also taught his wife at the time (Who's name was tattooed on his neck you can see) Sarah self defense MMA. During the DDP storyline Sarah told WWF/E she would do the storyline but she didn't want to come off as some Damsel in distress and got Vince and Russo to agree to let her get some offense in and play her up as a strong women being harassed and stalked by some sicko. Mark has been seen at numerous UFC events including one of Lesnar's and they had the famous stare down in the crowd after his one win 

3 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

Did he dive through another window to escape?

No but I'm glad someone else agrees he was trying to escape. I've been trying to prove HBK's innocents for yrs on this. 

• Thanks 1

Per sources Undisputed ERA is the new Retribution faction seen on RAW that was committing Arson. WWE won't reveal the wrestlers in the stable for awhile though. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Well, I’d imagine police already have Marty in custody.

Awesome lol

David Bixenspan  @davidbix

has anyone ever confessed to more felonies online with less prompting than Marty Jannetty has?

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Laughing 1

On 7/31/2020 at 9:24 PM, DJackson10 said:

Eddie Kingston IS ALL ELITE!!!!!! AEW has signed him to a deal per AEW

Rumor is Eric Bischoff will be the moderator for the Jericho/Cassidy debate 

He's BACK!!!!! First time on TNT since summer of 2001

13 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

He's BACK!!!!! First time on TNT since summer of 2001

I believe EB joins DDP as the only ones to appear in AEW, AWA, WCW, WWE, TNA and WWE. 

The only ones left that could pull this off are (I think) Flair and the Road Warriors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

The only ones left that could pull this off are (I think) Flair and the Road Warriors. 

Say Hello to....

Fire

Slapnut

To the chagrin of TNA fans, Nasty Boys are another I believe.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

Say Hello to....

Fire

To the chagrin of TNA fans, Nasty Boys are another I believe.

Good catch on those. 

Retribution according to sources is Undisputed. The stable for WWE is gonna be a NWO/Bullet Club type faction that looks like it'll be on the RAW brand exclusively. WWE won't reveal the identities of the group members for awhile. 

37 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Retribution according to sources is Undisputed. The stable for WWE is gonna be a NWO/Bullet Club type faction that looks like it'll be on the RAW brand exclusively. WWE won't reveal the identities of the group members for awhile. 

I have it on good authority that  

Sami Zayn

is involved . On very good authority 

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, HellToupee said:

I have it on good authority that  

Reveal hidden contents

Sami Zayn

is involved . On very good authority 

Wouldn't surprise me. But at the same time he's also wanted out of WWE for awhile. This could be their way of trying to keep him there promising him a big role in some faction. I think this is WWE's plan B as their original plan was a Nexus type Reunion starting at Mania or right after it

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I've never seen anything in Undisputed Era. Bunch of cookie cutter short guys. It's not like they're young either. Not sure which one is which but one is already like in his mid-40s. I'd have Cole, in his prime and really the only one that maters IMO, ditch them and align with a bigger guy with potential (if he's put with someone).

I'd put Balor in Undisputed Era. If Balor isn't in his character, he's not a draw at all alone. JMO Balor, alone and w/o his character, is one of the most overrated wrestlers in recent memory. Should always be in a group IMO. His mic work doesn't connect at all here.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

I've never seen anything in Undisputed Era. Bunch of cookie cutter short guys. It's not like they're young either. Not sure which one is which but one is already like in his mid-40s. I'd have Cole, in his prime and really the only one that maters IMO, ditch them and align with a bigger guy with potential (if he's put with someone).

I'd put Balor in Undisputed Era. If Balor isn't in his character, he's not a draw at all alone. JMO Balor, alone and w/o his character, is one of the most overrated wrestlers in recent memory. Should always be in a group IMO. His mic work doesn't connect at all here.

The UDE had a great run in ROH where they  fit in a whole lot better.  Even NXT they work.  On RAW or Smackdown, they'll look small...and it's a shame because I'm a big fan of Adam Cole BAY-BAY!!

• Like 2

Apparently, Brandi Rhodes deleted her twitter account.  She took a lot of heat for the "AEW Heels" thing and it's paywall for female fans to have some type of insider access.

I have a problem with this (and I suspect many do), but for the love of Pete, STOP BULLYING PEOPLE WITH WHOM YOU DISAGREE ONLINE!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Apparently, Brandi Rhodes deleted her twitter account.  She took a lot of heat for the "AEW Heels" thing and it's paywall for female fans to have some type of insider access.

I have a problem with this (and I suspect many do), but for the love of Pete, STOP BULLYING PEOPLE WITH WHOM YOU DISAGREE ONLINE!!!!!!

Her and Cody are too social media obsessed/thin skinned. Neither has any business as executives.

Is there this vast amount of AEW females fans? :lol: Seems like it wind up a bunch of neckbeards posing as women to jerk off to a Penelope live chat

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Laughing 1

Her and Cody are too social media obsessed/thin skinned. Neither has any business as executives.

Is there this vast amount of AEW females fans? :lol: Seems like it wind up a bunch of neckbeards posing as women to jerk off to a Penelope live chat

Don’t give @DJackson10 any ideas...

• Laughing 2

On 8/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, Tom Servo said:

There were people making racist remarks towards her. It's unfortunate but I've seen individuals in the IWC do this. There's a few anti AEW people who just have been over the top on the twitterverse and other places. This wasn't as bad but for a person who was gloating about "Being a HUGE WRESTLING FAN" made a comment on IMPACT saying he's glad they aren't good and hope AEW fails. Another commentor and I replied to him that he wasn't as big of a wrestling fan if you are feeling great about other companies going under or hoping they fail. That means less competition and more terrible WWE programming. Another person replied to them "considering your past comments you are a fraud fan who's a WWE Mark." 

On 8/7/2020 at 1:46 PM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Neither do a lot of people in WWE. Seth is horrible when it comes to this. There's people in the industry despite him apologizing to Will Osprey for his comments have lost respect for him. Nia Jax despite her stay positive stuff is another and allows her fanboys and girls attack trolls constantly to the point it's just internet bullying. There's a lot of people in every company. The issue here is just its more noticeable. I'm not trying to Defend Cody/Brandi here but they take a lot of unwarranted crap from the IWC especially WWE marks constantly. A lot of times it boarders on stalking/internet bullying. I can also attest there's a few podcasters I listen to who go through this. Especially those who review WWE shows and don't suck up to them like Lugi. One in particular won't go into detail had death threats to him and his family. Won't mention what they even said about his kids. 

The Wrestling Community on twitter is an absolute cesspool at times. I think you are gonna start seeing a lot more talents everywhere get off Twitter or all of social media all together and start using paywall sites for fans to keep trolls out. 

On 8/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, Tom Servo said:

Don’t give @DJackson10 any ideas...

Tom why did you go and tell the world my plan to sabotage that whole thing!!!!! Now everyone knows. Back to the drawing board I guess. 

On 8/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Cole is really good and Fish/O'Riley use to be ReDragon in ROH/NJPW holding the iWGP tag belts. Had a really good fatal 4 way tag at WK (Think it was the IC Nakamura/Styles one) with the Bucks, Rappongi Vice (Trent and Rocky Romero) and can't remember the 4th team involved. ReDragon isn't your typical Indy Tag team doing all the flips. Both have legit MMA backgrounds training wise and are known more as Brawlers. O'Riely and Cole had a really good feud for the ROH Title at one point too. 

Balor needs to be heel or a tweaner. He's not good at all as a face (Similar to Orton). The issue with Balor is he didn't have to speak much on the Indies. In Bullet Club giving a promo he was fine. Also WWE has watered down Devitt's move set so much anyone who's followed him since NJPW is just beyond frustrated at this point. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

According to some sources I've worked out some ID's of Retribution: Drake Maverick, the girl is Chelsea Green. Another is ORLANDO JORDAN. OJ was on the SD tapings. Remember this group is the new NWO type so there might be a big number of members here. The one that talked into the Camera's sounded like Bobby Fish

WWE a while back had made some mentions of getting more stables and managed wrestlers again. They have been experimenting with NXT and NXTUK (When they were taping shows) to see how it'd go and come off again. 

Edited by DJackson10

7 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

According to some sources I've worked out some ID's of Retribution: Drake Maverick, the girl is Chelsea Green. Another is ORLANDO JORDAN. OJ was on the SD tapings. Remember this group is the new NWO type so there might be a big number of members here. The one that talked into the Camera's sounded like Bobby Fish

Orlando Jordan? 🤣

Anyhow, I’d think they may be using other people as stand ins to throw the IWC off the scent. For example, if Dominic Dyjakajagoogoo is in the stable, there’s no one in the group shown so far that’s as tall as him. For all we know, they could be reusing those ninjas for now. Fish could be the voice to help muddy the waters. 

My :2cents:

• Like 1