Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

18 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Yikes.

Wasn't even watching what is yikes? I know a few of the winners here but won't spoil it for some who might want to watch later who haven't. 

Just now, Craig_MiamiFL said:

YIKES!!!

I won't spoil the YIKES (!!!!) for the fans.

Was it the ending of the PPV? Because I can look it up in the spoilers if I have too 

10 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

YIKES!!!

I won't spoil the YIKES (!!!!) for the fans.

Both of them?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just watched Jericho's WWE debut promo. This month is 21 years since that promo.

Oh how true it'd be if he cut that same exact promo today

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Thanks 2

year ago told you that Matt Hardy was being groomed as a backstage producer, he just confirmed it on an interview with Chris Van Vleet that was what WWE wanted to do with him. 

Per two sources: Roman heel confirms the earlier reports given to me about Roman wanting some character changes and such and not being happy in WWE. Jon Moxley has been trying to recruit him for AEW since sometime last year. I also reported when Mox does AEW tapings he stays at Roman's place in FL usually. Roman had informed WWE of his concerns with how WWE was and had been handling the virus and issued some complaints after the positive Tests in June. He was very upset that one of those people infected was his Best Friends wife (Mox's wife Renee) and this effected Mox from working the AEW show. Given Roman's cancer bout he's more prone to catching the virus and possible worse do to a weak immune system from the cancer and prior treatment. The USO's Brought up some of Roman's as well as their own concerns for family and personal reasons. 

Along with that Roman was seeing how he could get out of his WWE contract legally. Besides the Covid demands Roman has wanted to play a heel character and interested with working with Heyman for quite awhile. There's still no official word where WWE is planning on going with Reigns. Some rumors are Heyman/Roman are leading Retribution and a theory from one of my sources was Retribution wasn't there last night because if Roman is involved they didn't want to give any signs of them maybe working together. Another claim is Vince wants to use Roman in more of the Brock role in terms with Heyman as having Heyman gives him more legitimacy as a heel. Vince's thinking right now eventually when Roman turns face again more fans would like him where as some in the company feel having Roman as a heel face of the company works better. I've heard Roman is suppose to get new entrance music with the gimmick (Have yet to hear or see if that came last night like one source said. New ring gear? No-one knows for certain. A lot of Roman's comeback was kept secrete but talking to someone close to the situation prior to coming back Roman had told Family he had concerns with WWE moving forward if demands were met and had reached out to AEW on interest and Mox has talked to Codi and others about Potential interest if Leati had become available. I have no word on how those talks came out other then AEW wasn't opposed to having Leati come to AEW as a top heel which is what he wants. If WWE is giving him that then AEW really isn't worth it for him right now but if demands aren't met and promises kept look for more of this to maybe come out in the future. I've been told by a few in the company these performers are starting to hold WWE and Vince accountable on promises. How much that effects things I have no idea 

Posted (edited)

2020 - The year The Onion became more credible than CNN.  :lmao:

The Paradise Alley Pro Wrestling school and promotion has been hit with a cease & desist letter from the city of East Haven, Connecticut. PAPW is ran by former WWE and WCW star Paul Roma, and former WWE enhancement talent Mario Mancini.

<snip>

The C&D was sent this past Friday, ordering the promotion to shut down because their wrestling school has been deemed a violation of local zoning laws, which lists "wrestling studios" as Adult Oriented Businesses. The city noted that the wrestling use is considered an Adult Oriented Business. The city order classifies Adult Oriented Businesses as adult book stores, adult motion picture theaters, adult mini-motion picture theaters, adult video sales and/or rentals, adult cabarets, adult novelty businesses, and adult personal service business and/or establishment, which was bold in the C&D that the promotion received, indicating that this is what they are accusing PAPW of being.

The irony here is that PAPW bills itself as family-friendly entertainment with a "mix of old school wrestling & modern professional wrestling."

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

Edited by Tom Servo

WWE has taken Lesnar's march off their site. Per Multiple sources Brock Lesnar is A FREE AGENT. 

Should also note that Heyman is still involved on TV as he's being paid as a top performer and WWE didn't want to waste their money with him at home doing nothing. 

More on Brock Lesnar

Per one of my sources DM me 

SOURCES: As being reported and now by my sources, Lesnar became a free agent August 25th, with the two parties agreeing to extend negotiations until yesterday at 5:00 pm EDT. No agreement was reached, Brock walked away. Unless he gets a 8 figure contract with AEW, he might retire

9 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

The PPV was actually pretty good.

FF through a lot of it but thought Baszler finish and Orton putting over Lee were good. Thought the main event was atrocious TBH. Have always thought that ring spot was dumb (and was particularly unnecessary here).

Reigns just comes off as this generation's Lex Luger IMO. All the tools but just doesn't connect. Ironically I think Lex's best stuff in his career was with Harley Race. So maybe Heyman can do something similar. Heyman really needs to freshen up his schtick as well. It's even more stale than Roman. I'll watch clips of them for the next couple weeks. I thought last night left a lot to be desired.

Reigns has to ditch that Shield music (and any affiliation to it). Was last night the first time Reigns hasn't worked on main roster in that stupid vest??

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I saw Aleister Black turned heel. Hopefully they push him to main event level over time (where he belongs IMO). Just keep him quiet/off the mic or give him a mouthpiece. 

Then again, I thought Bo Dallas was a sure fire main eventer (very least upper mid card). I still Bo-lieve. They've literally wasted away his best years and given the last time I saw him, he looks to have put on significant weight. I think it'd be awesome if they brought back his whole Bo-lieve gimmick.......like it never happened 5 years ago. (However long ago it was).

I mean come on, who doesn't love this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fq9A3hO3tg

Edit: Looks like that was 6+ years ago.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Laughing 2

Per our friend Dave Meltzer MAMA MIA Mauro Ranallo is parting ways with WWE. says he has more. This would go with his report earlier that Wade Barrett is in talks to become a commentator in WWE full time earlier today. For the first time in Years Dave Meltzer might be first to report something others didn't have already. Good Job Dave. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile 

Fans with sources. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

FF through a lot of it but thought Baszler finish and Orton putting over Lee were good. Thought the main event was atrocious TBH. Have always thought that ring spot was dumb (and was particularly unnecessary here).

Reigns just comes off as this generation's Lex Luger IMO. All the tools but just doesn't connect. Ironically I think Lex's best stuff in his career was with Harley Race. So maybe Heyman can do something similar. Heyman really needs to freshen up his schtick as well. It's even more stale than Roman. I'll watch clips of them for the next couple weeks. I thought last night left a lot to be desired.

Reigns has to ditch that Shield music (and any affiliation to it). Was last night the first time Reigns hasn't worked on main roster in that stupid vest??

Luger gets a bad rap, but his run in the NWA/WCW from 1988-1991 was really good.  He never seemed quite the same after leaving WCW in 1992 (he looked bored as hell for most of his title loss to Sting), although his title win over Hogan in 1997 on Nitro was pretty electric.  That caught everyone off guard, Luger beating Hogan cleanly by submission on live free TV.  It felt like the big world title win that should have come years earlier (his initial world title win over Barry Windham felt anti-climatic).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Luger gets a bad rap, but his run in the NWA/WCW from 1988-1991 was really good.  He never seemed quite the same after leaving WCW in 1992 (he looked bored as hell for most of his title loss to Sting),

Agree with this. Thought he was a complete non-factor after leaving WCW for WWF.

Edited by Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub

Reigns with some Heel tweeting today. :thumbup:

18 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

They've done It for awhile 

Yep. I know. Not trying to break any news.

But when you search "backlash ppv" in your Google Machine, and the third result is from the nations' foremost financial news source, I get a chuckle. 

• Like 1

This Raw underground is terrible.  Nothing like seeing women trying to look/act tough.  

This retribution group... terrible.  Haven't they done this like 4 or 5 times in the past?  They do it every year leading up to survivor series with each brand invading the other.  

Terrible.  

11 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Luger gets a bad rap, but his run in the NWA/WCW from 1988-1991 was really good.  He never seemed quite the same after leaving WCW in 1992 (he looked bored as hell for most of his title loss to Sting), although his title win over Hogan in 1997 on Nitro was pretty electric.  That caught everyone off guard, Luger beating Hogan cleanly by submission on live free TV.  It felt like the big world title win that should have come years earlier (his initial world title win over Barry Windham felt anti-climatic).

There's also the story that when Flair was leaving to go to WWF, WCW wanted Flair to drop the belt to Luger.  Flair resisted, saying he'd promised Sting that chance.  Cornette (FWIW) has said Luger didn't put up much of a fuss as he realized that he would be blamed if the houses went down after he won the belt.  If true, I can't say I blame him.  Sting would've been the only guy Flair could've handed the belt off to that wouldn't have seen a huge drop in attendance.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I saw Aleister Black turned heel. Hopefully they push him to main event level over time (where he belongs IMO). Just keep him quiet/off the mic or give him a mouthpiece. 

Then again, I thought Bo Dallas was a sure fire main eventer (very least upper mid card). I still Bo-lieve. They've literally wasted away his best years and given the last time I saw him, he looks to have put on significant weight. I think it'd be awesome if they brought back his whole Bo-lieve gimmick.......like it never happened 5 years ago. (However long ago it was).

I mean come on, who doesn't love this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fq9A3hO3tg

Edit: Looks like that was 6+ years ago.

I remember that. One of the funniest things I have seen in rasslin. He ran over a flipping midget.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

There's also the story that when Flair was leaving to go to WWF, WCW wanted Flair to drop the belt to Luger.  Flair resisted, saying he'd promised Sting that chance.  Cornette (FWIW) has said Luger didn't put up much of a fuss as he realized that he would be blamed if the houses went down after he won the belt.  If true, I can't say I blame him.  Sting would've been the only guy Flair could've handed the belt off to that wouldn't have seen a huge drop in attendance.

Funny how that turned out, as Sting was somewhat of a flop as champ.  Also, I thought Flair refusing to drop the belt to Luger was in 1990 after Sting's knee injury.  It's hilarious that Flair later bagged on Bret Hart later on for not wanting to drop the belt to HBK in 1997 when he did the same with Luger. "But I promised it to Sting." BFD. He should have done the job to Luger in 1990.  That sure would have been better than looking like a paper champion in their two PPV title matches where he was clearly beaten both times only for the Horseman to save him both times.  By the time Sting beat him for the belt, it was like, "Yeah, you got your ### kicked by Luger in the last two PPV matches and got totally clowned by JYD at the last Clash before the Great American Bash."  Flair's stock had dropped so low at that point that it took a lot of the wind out the sails of Sting's inevitable title win.

I can't recall the specifics of the summer of 1991, but I know that Flair left because he was screwed over, after offering to drop the belt to Windham (who was later beaten by Luger for the vacated title). 

To hear Cornette tell it, Jim Herd was a disaster who was responsible for much of the mess in WCW in 1990 and 1991.  What a shame as 1989 was such a great year for the promotion (when it was still NWA, I think; I can never remember exactly when they transitioned from being the NWA to WCW).  The Flair/Steamboat and Flair/Funk feuds were the stuff of legends, and The Great Muta was fun as heck to watch as well.  Muta was a heel, but how could you root against him?  He was so awesome in the ring that you watched in awe, rather than waste your time booing. 

Edited by Ghost Rider

Like I reported awhile back per sources WWE might be moving NXT to another night. Now Wrestlevotes who has been on and off lately is saying it's possible Article from webisjericho does mention it may not be WWE's decision and might be USA's decision. No word on what night but WV says next 2 weeks ratings might be a huge factor.  I wouldn't mind the change as long as it's not Thursdays. I usually watch AEW over NXT on Wednesdays and just watch the Takeovers now but if NXT moved to a new night I could then watch both. Hard to watch NXT after you know what happened too. 

Wrestlevotes reports WWE and USA network in talks of moving NXT to a new night

CONFIRMED: Wade BARRET has signed a three year deal. It includes that wwe can use him for up to three matches a year in NXT.

Hope Barrett completely replaces Nigel on NXT. 

HUGE upgrade there. Nigel is very difficult to understand a lot. Maybe throw him on NXT UK. Thought Mauro dominating the announce booth really really protected both Nigel and Beth Phoenix.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

54 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Hope Barrett completely replaces Nigel on NXT. 

HUGE upgrade there. Nigel is very difficult to understand a lot. Maybe throw him on NXT UK. Thought Mauro dominating the announce booth really really protected both Nigel and Beth Phoenix.

Disagree Nigel is incredible don't see anything wrong with not understanding him. Many loved Nigel too. I thought they were going to have Wade and Nigel to NXT UK also. And as far as not understanding Nigel Wade is also from the UK so maybe just as hard to understand or more so then some at times? Nigel is a huge loss for WWE. I'd love for him to go to AEW and maybe manage some one. 

11 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Apropos of nothing,  Jordynne Grace and Jonathan Gresham are homeowners. 

Didn't even realize they were an item. 

30 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Didn't even realize they were an item. 

I just smartened you up.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

I just smartened you up.

I'm usually on the ball with these things. 

AllOut Card is very juicy this year. Shida/THunder Rose take my money. Looking forward to FTR vs Cowboy/Omega, Mox/MJF too. A lot of good matches. 

15 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

AllOut Card is very juicy this year. Shida/THunder Rose take my money. Looking forward to FTR vs Cowboy/Omega, Mox/MJF too. A lot of good matches. 

And yet no hookup... :coffee:

33 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

The day and age of getting $49.99 or $59.99 for a PPV seems archaic. WWE has ruined that price point. I may try to see some of it borrowed else where, but not going to pony up that kind of cash. 

Vince just discovered Tik Tok

Bryan Alvarez  @bryanalvarez

It’s true, Vince has laid the smack down on talent using Twitch, Tik Tok etc. More to come this afternoon.

• Laughing 2

Per Tony Khan tweet, Big Swole vs. Dr. Britt Baker :wub: is now on the main card.

18 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

It’s true, Vince has laid the smack down on talent using Twitch, Tik Tok etc. More to come this afternoon.

Doubt anyone will have the nuts to stand up to him but no chance it'd hold up if they used their real names.

If WWE were ever put in a courtroom where the judge wasn't in bed with them, they'd be employees and not independent contractors too 

1 minute ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Doubt anyone will have the nuts to stand up to him but no chance it'd hold up if they used their real names.

If WWE were ever put in a courtroom where the judge wasn't in bed with them, they'd be employees and not independent contractors too 

With AB5 in California, I wonder if Vince ever goes there again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Follow up

It would appear that the era of WWE talent using Twitch, Cameo, YouTube, and other third parties to make extra income and build names for themselves outside WWE is coming to an end.

First reported by Wrestling Inc. and confirmed by our Bryan Alvarez, Vince McMahon sent a letter to talents on Thursday, saying they have 30 days to stop engaging with third parties or else face fines, suspensions and even termination at WWE's discretion.

It's unclear what "third parties" means, however. Several wrestlers operate successful Twitch and YouTube channels where they interact with fans while playing video games or other activities.

The letter comes following a Sunday meeting with talent about the "reinvention of the product" where it came up that WWE owns the real names of talent in addition to their character names.

WWE wrestlers are independent contractors, so there is a legal question of what WWE can mandate and what they can/do own.

From the letter: "Some of you are engaged with outside third parties using your name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to our company. It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension, or termination at WWE's discretion." 

Wrestling Inc. also said McMahon wrote that these actions are necessary as part of WWE's rebuilding process as they "enter the next phase of growth at WWE."

IIRC, UpUpDownDown is a WWE product.

Edited by Tom Servo

The Bayley beatdown on Sasha was glorious. They needed to go over the top because it's hard to make Banks a sympathetic baby face.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

This site will have something up tomorrow

PPV link as I won't be around