Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

How many bottles of that shlt would it take to get one through an episode of RAW?

Depends how many bottles would it take you to even consider watching first? Then add what it'd take to get through the entire episode

• Laughing 2

Lance being held out for Covid might be the best thing that could have happened for AEW. Hopefully Tony can rethink his approach here, absolutely no reason to hotshot what can be a great program to Full Gear in November.

4 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Lance being held out for Covid might be the best thing that could have happened for AEW. Hopefully Tony can rethink his approach here, absolutely no reason to hotshot what can be a great program to Full Gear in November.

Dam Shame I was looking forward to the tag match tonight they were suppose to have tonight 

7 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Also, just wanted to emphasize.....Eddie Kingston is ####ing GOLD on the mic.

Not according to WWE when he was there for his tryout 

8 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Also, just wanted to emphasize.....Eddie Kingston is ####ing GOLD on the mic.

Gold on the mic hell yeah, but let's be real, dude looks like somebody's drunk uncle hopped the rail at a house show. Not surprised Vince wasn't interested :shrug:

Edited by coyote5
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

Gold on the mic hell yeah, but let's be real, dude looks like somebody's drunk uncle hopped the rail at a house show. Not surprised Vince wasn't interested :shrug:

Got a customer who looks like Eddie. But Eddie looks like a legit bada## where when I see Seth Rollins I think he's that idiot bully who acts like a bad### and hides behind bigger guys 

Ivelisse apparently lost his house in a fire over the past month and has been dealing with some personal stuff. However says she see's the silver lining now. 

Ivelisse loses house plus other issues

Edited by DJackson10

Seerena Deeb is self quarantine because of someone she was around tested positive. 

Brian Cage is positve

Benjamin who wrestled Scorpio sky is positive so Scorpio is quarantine

NXT new outbreak is from a talent who hosted a party which is has the new outbreak. No one will release the perp. 

8 hours ago, coyote5 said:

VINCE LOVES BIG, BULKY, AND JACKED SWEATY MEN!

VKM plays for the other team; change my mind. 

• Like 2

I was listening to a Podcast on Thursday night with former Lucha Manager Famous B. I've heard him on some stuff before and all but the Ivelisse/Thunder Rose topic came up. Here's what his opinion was:

* Both girls are very opinionated won't pull punches on anything

* He doesn't fault either girl in the situation but did bring up that Thunder Rose was the one who started no selling 

* Ivelisse is a firecracker doesn't matter if it's 8AM or 2AM in the morning she isn't afraid

*Thunder Rosa is a very good talent and definitely not someone to get on their bad side

He believes many made too much of mountain over an Aunt hill on this. He said match looked like something that would happen on a dark match when he was in Lucha Underground. Most would brush it off. 

He made some comments praising Brian Cage and Eddie Kingston as well. 

He then went into WWE and some stuff about them. He said commented on the Retribution story line comparing it to Nexus but saying Nexus had way more momentum and rub. Retribution WWE has to build that rub for them. 

PS: During the podcast Famous' smoke detector kept going off for low battery. He said he'd have replaced it already but it was too high for him to reach and he was getting a ladder from a friend to borrow so he could reach it. So during the whole podcast every few minutes if he was on you could hear the smoke detector low battery. Crazy thing is it was in a totally different room and is mic just picks up everything

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Aunt hill? 

Yeah she's the crazy ANT that just goes overboard on the drama 

Percent of irregular finishes YTD by show.  (aka Why RAW’s ratings are explosive diarrhea.)

His next tweet shows that highest percentage of irregular finishes by individual show. 8/25 episode Smackdown had SIXTY PERCENT of matches that were irregular. 

50/50 booking, yo. 

That ladder match was a ton of fun. 

irrationally happy to see Sami retain! [\spoiler]

9 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Roman Reigns sure was mean to his cousin. I'm worried his awesomeness might be going to his head. 

Shtick aside, I loved this match. The fact there were no fans there allowed us to hear RR ranting and warning his cousin. The “you’re trying to level up” line was great.  Plus, Jimmy coming down to throw in the towel and acknowledge RR as the head of the tribe gives creative the ability to either end it or keep it going. 

12 hours ago, coyote5 said:

That ladder match was a ton of fun. 

Reveal hidden contents

irrationally happy to see Sami retain! [\spoiler]

If I never see another ladder match again, it’ll be too soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

If I never see another ladder match again, it’ll be too soon. 

I hear ya, and I generally tend to agree.  Don't know if you watched this one but it's an exception, and it was really, really fun.

I'm caught up on 4 out of 5 shows of the G1. Superb cards, 6 matches (counting Young Lions undercard match) in 2.5 hours, which includes a 5-minute intermission for ring cleaning, just a breeze to watch. If you have the time, add another 15-20 minutes to catch all the interviews with English subtitles. Excellent stuff.

Personally recommended matches follow.

Day 1:
Tomohiro Ishii vs Minoru Suzuki

Day 2:
Zack Sabre Jr vs EVIL
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito

Day 3:
Tomohiro Ishii vs Will Ospreay
TAICHI vs Minoru Suzuki
Kota Ibushi vs Jay White

And the entirety of Day 4 is required viewing:
SANADA vs Hirooki Goto
Toru Yano vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Juice Robinson vs KENTA
YOSHI-HASHI vs EVIL (Seriously might be match of the tournament thus far. Like honest to god of all matches THIS ONE IS A BANGER.)
Zack Sabre Jr vs Tetsuya Naito

Love me some AEW but there is no question in my mind that NJPW is my favorite promotion.

• Like 1

Missed the PPV last night, and not really itching to watch it. Saw results on Twitter and besides the Reigns/Uso match, feels pretty skippable. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hagmania said:

I'm caught up on 4 out of 5 shows of the G1. Superb cards, 6 matches (counting Young Lions undercard match) in 2.5 hours, which includes a 5-minute intermission for ring cleaning, just a breeze to watch. If you have the time, add another 15-20 minutes to catch all the interviews with English subtitles. Excellent stuff.

Personally recommended matches follow.

Day 1:
Tomohiro Ishii vs Minoru Suzuki

Day 2:
Zack Sabre Jr vs EVIL
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito

Day 3:
Tomohiro Ishii vs Will Ospreay
TAICHI vs Minoru Suzuki
Kota Ibushi vs Jay White

And the entirety of Day 4 is required viewing:
SANADA vs Hirooki Goto
Toru Yano vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Juice Robinson vs KENTA
YOSHI-HASHI vs EVIL (Seriously might be match of the tournament thus far. Like honest to god of all matches THIS ONE IS A BANGER.)
Zack Sabre Jr vs Tetsuya Naito

Love me some AEW but there is no question in my mind that NJPW is my favorite promotion.

I'm caught up to day 2. Really hate waiting for the English feed to update but I'm just glad NJPW is back and we can watch it. 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Missed the PPV last night, and not really itching to watch it. Saw results on Twitter and besides the Reigns/Uso match, feels pretty skippable. 

Missed it too and not looking for watch it either. I had the Unionand Sunday night Football among other things to accomplish

7 hours ago, coyote5 said:

I hear ya, and I generally tend to agree.  Don't know if you watched this one but it's an exception, and it was really, really fun.

That one wasn't too bad. The handcuffing of Hardy and Styles to ladders were priceless spots.

3 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Missed it too and not looking for watch it either. I had the Unionand Sunday night Football among other things to accomplish

I'm telling you guys, the first match (ladders) and last match (Reigns) were really really good.  The ambulance match was pretty good, if a bit long.  But you won't be disappointed checking out the bookend matches 👍 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

I'm telling you guys, the first match (ladders) and last match (Reigns) were really really good.  The ambulance match was pretty good, if a bit long.  But you won't be disappointed checking out the bookend matches 👍 

Roman Reigns never disappoints 

1 hour ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Sure he does 2015 Royal Rumble in Philly

RIP Aleister Black's career

They should have worked out something financially to keep that entrance music and entrance. Was/is arguably the best in the company.

Guy looked like a Heath Slater jobber rushing to the ring for his entrance tonight.

Too bad. 

At least it looks like we'll get Bo Dallas on NXT again.

It's time to Bo-lieve

Again.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

5 hours ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Wellllllllllllll I wouldn't go that far lol. But heel Roman is even better than imagined

• Like 2

Buddy Murphy - Rey’s daughter: creepy, okay or Smoo?

Please help me in wishing Toga Makabe a Very happy birthday. The Great Bash Heel is one entertaining and tough dude. Prince Devitt already wished him well

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Please help me in wishing Toga Makabe a Very happy birthday. The Great Bash Heel is one entertaining and tough dude. Prince Devitt already wished him well

I’m going to need a list of all of his wrestling names, gimmicks and if he’s ever wrestled in Philadelphia before I can do that. 

• Laughing 3

Per Wrestlevotes, Sasha v. Bailey will be the main event of HIAC.

21 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Buddy Murphy - Rey’s daughter: creepy, okay or Smoo?

I haven’t liked the whole Rollins|mysterio angle. The eye thing. Not sure where the daughter/Murphy thing is going but it makes me cringe. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I’m going to need a list of all of his wrestling names, gimmicks and if he’s ever wrestled in Philadelphia before I can do that. 

Well Rocky Romero liked my Tweet and Makabe retweeted with a thank you. So I say that we're on casual friends section at this point. 

12 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Per Wrestlevotes, Sasha v. Bailey will be the main event of HIAC.

Another Boring Main event These two are so overrated at this point its not even funny 

AEW Dynamite has turned into a rumble at the Jungle tonight