What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (11 Viewers)

WWE tried to sign Ricky Starks...the day he was scheduled to wrestle Cody for the TNT championship. 
Starks said he listened, but he thought the timing was extremely suspicious. He doesn’t regret his decision to become All Elite.  
WWE just wanted him to keep him away from AEW. Really had no plans to use him. WWE wants to gobble up wrestlers like they use to the territories back in the day 

Nope. Great comparison with Hogan/Andre. We'll never see that again with how oversaturated the product is. Today, we'd have seen Hogan-Andre matches 25 times (with no story of course).......in 2020 alone. Imagine 10-15 years from now...."OMG Kevin Owens has returned!!" :lmao: .

No one is sitting through hours of complete garbage to see MAYBE one good segment. Reigns is good as a heel but as you mentioned he's not mainstream. WWE doesn't want them to be. It's no different than what the UFC does..... emphasis on UFC brand over any individual by all means necessary.

AEW isnt any different. It's Jericho/MJF.......then a bunch of spot monkey wrestling trash and/or bunch of guys that aren't over. 

I don't know how one (if they even still watch), watches it any other way than clips. I really don't.

------------------------

I did watch the "undertaker farewell" at survivor series a day or two ago......and Jesus was it underwhelming. They bring his friends/legends out there. None of them say a word.....then poof they're gone :lmao:

Then you see Vince in the ring....and you realize a guy that truly looks ill is heading this disaster. I have to believe whoever did his brows was ribbing him. As bad and unplanned as all these shows are, I refuse to believe Vince was made to look like someone you'd see in a casket by design  You can tell this undertaker segment was just thrown together.

I get they'll likely have a future doc of this night with Taker. And it'll likely be well done.  But that survivor series segment was every bit as bad as these shows are.

Had to laugh at Taker's slights on today's product on the Austin podcast. He knows by and large today's stuff is horse manure.
People are ripping the "tribute" left and right. Hell the talent wasn't happy how it was slapped together either. 

I finally got to watch Fighting with my Family. It gets kinda funny when you see that AJ Lee is played by...Zelina Vega. :lmao:  
I really liked this. Wished they'd have gone further in her career and I knew they wouldn't do anything with the uh tape that I may have watched once or twice  :whistle:  but they could've gone a little further into her WWE career after winning the title. Dwayne Johnson directed it and I think WWE had to sign off on this. What I didn't like and was told by people who know her family was her brothers came off too cheesy and all. Both her brothers legit great guys but are really tough and should've looked more intimidating then they did in the film. 

How many people realize that Sting turns 62 in a 3 months? (For reference, Taker turns 56 in March as well)

Maybe have him lead a stable. But the Dork Order was a complete flop (like Luke Harper) so who knows if AEW can even pull it off.

Hope they keep him out of the ring TBH. His time there has passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sting returns to Impact! 

Back to Dixie!!!! 

Jacksonville Dixie!!!
If they're going full TNA.... 

...bring back the new Main Event Mafia. Ratings it got dwarfs AEW's and bests even (most) Raw's today.

Just update the guys (that can work still) alongside Sting. (Aldis is the obvious first guy given he was in original and can still work)

I don't see anything with Sting and this Darby guy :2cents:

If they're going full TNA.... 

...bring back the new Main Event Mafia. Ratings it got dwarfs AEW's and bests even (most) Raw's today.

Just update the guys (that can work still) alongside Sting. (Aldis is the obvious first guy given he was in original and can still work)

I don't see anything with Sting and this Darby guy :2cents:
I think Darby is a big Sting fan. Might be one of those maybe starts managing Darby 

Tony must've bought TNA out LOL IMPACT just needs to go away 
To be honest, Impact really has some good ideas since new management. Problem is it's a dead brand.

AEW could desperately use some of the women workers in Impact.

TNA's video library has almost 20 years of content....and worth quite a bit. Really wouldn't be the worst idea to buy it. I thought TNA from inception (2002 I believe) to about the Hogan start time I believe 2010 was really good stuff. I assume Anthem owns the video library. If not, I don't know what Khan would gain.

To be honest, Impact really has some good ideas since new management. Problem is it's a dead brand.

AEW could desperately use some of the women workers in Impact.

TNA's video library has almost 20 years of content....and worth quite a bit. Really wouldn't be the worst idea to buy it. I thought TNA from inception (2002 I believe to about the Hogan start time I believe 2010 was really good stuff)
TNA was good at the start until they brought Hogan in then it went down hill. However they are horrible to work for. Payments late still, they kept Tessa way too long after all the allegations and numerous wrestlers/people confirming them. They have a toxic atmosphere there as well still. If I were to tell any wrestler what companies they shouldn't work for right now then I'd tell them don't go to IMPACT or WWE. Obviously Gallows/ANderson only went to IMPACT because they could work NJPW better. Now with Harold Meji gone I can see AEW working with NJPW in a more friendly way now as he was apparently blamed for the rocky relationship. 

TNA's video library has almost 20 years of content....and worth quite a bit. Really wouldn't be the worst idea to buy it. I thought TNA from inception (2002 I believe) to about the Hogan start time I believe 2010 was really good stuff. I assume Anthem owns the video library. If not, I don't know what Khan would gain.
I watch a lot of Wrestle With Andy on YouTube where he looks at a wrestler's career from beginning to current, and everytime I go down that rabbit hole, I wish I could go back and watch some old TNA/Impact stuff on the Network.

I watch a lot of Wrestle With Andy on YouTube where he looks at a wrestler's career from beginning to current, and everytime I go down that rabbit hole, I wish I could go back and watch some old TNA/Impact stuff on the Network.
I'm pretty sure Impact has a paid subscription service. I don't subscribe to it but content should be there. Not sure of price.

I used to watch the old TNA shows (from the beginning) on YT for free all the time. It's possible Impact has since requested their removal from YT.

EDIT: I just checked and full episodes from the very early days of TNA are available on YT still. Search "TNA Impact Asylum". Should see a bunch of full episodes. 

Callis will be a perfect mouthpiece for Omega. 

Appears they're giving guys managers for sake of just doing (Arn->Cody) but this one with Callis-Omega makes all the sense in the world. You can't have Omega cutting promos. Listening to him is worse than having to sit through a 'Best of' Nia Jax matches.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Callis will be a perfect mouthpiece for Omega. 

Appears they're giving guys managers for sake of just doing (Arn->Cody) but this one with Callis-Omega makes all the sense in the world. You can't have Omega cutting promos. Listening to him is worse than having to sit through a 'Best of' Nia Jax matches.
Dude that's a low blow right there 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1334950243373297666

Thisx100

it when he debuted. McAfee is a natural. Obvious he came in well prepared.

I'm not one to judge workrates or anything but his debut match was the best one - whether by an individual training to be a wrestler...or a celebrity - that I've ever seen. People praise Angle and Rousey (and rightfully so)....but McAfee blew them both out of the water with his debut. And he did it w/o a crowd. Was pretty blown away by how good he was.

As I mentioned months ago after the debut....he was so good that as made everyone else in the company today (period) look bad 

Thisx100

I'm not one to judge workrates or anything but his debut match was the best one - whether by an individual training to be a wrestler...or a celebrity - that I've ever seen. People praise Angle and Rousey (and rightfully so)....but McAfee blew them both out of the water with his debut. And he did it w/o a crowd. Was pretty blown away by how good he was.

As I mentioned months ago after the debut....he was so good that as made everyone else in the company today (period) look bad 
Most of WWE guys are now scripted robots who don't know how to cut a promo without someone telling them what to say. Cole/Ciampa/Devitt are so much better unscripted though. WWE scripting I blame as McAfee has more free reign on his I heard 

Dave Meltzer is reporting AEW is using Rocky Romero to get back into a partnership with NJPW through IMPACT AND DON CALIS. this is probably what AEW is getting out of working with IMPACT that helps them in the long run. A good relationship with NJPW which is a literal dream scenario for many wrestling fans. We can then finish up the Bullet Club civil war the right way too

Thisx100

Punk's absolutely correct. McAfee is really the only thing watchable on NXT most often.

Just like MJF and Jericho with AEW most weeks. Callis is terrific on the mic so if he's in AEW long term, probably him as well. And by default, Omega assuming Callis is managing him.

If you're going to turn in to IMPACT tomorrow night to see Kenny Omega, it will be a pre-taped interview segment since IMPACT has taped all its episodes through the first of the year.

That said, I imagine a fair number of AEW fans are going to slide over just to watch.

Disappointing here. Watched in and out some of IMPACT and it reminded me why I stopped watching. Trash storylines outside of the Eddie Edwards/Sami Callahan feud which I didn't know was still going on and they brought up the baseball bat botch. Probably a show I'd watched if I was bored out of my mind on YouTube. Women's division is still good but outside of a few ladies I have zero interest in most of them. 

Predictable they ended with the Omega segment so I'm sure they lost views over the broadcast because of this (Where AEW debuted Sting right before the Main Event to keep and get more eyes) which shows how bad their booking still is. The Segment was disappointing. Josh Matthews  :X  (How is he married to such a girl like Madison I will never know) asked why they are there and how he won does it tarnish Kennys career. Don starts answering it before Kenny Asks him to repeat it and says he tried to honor Gentelman's agreement but Moxley broke it when he went after what he calls a father figure and family in Don and if Josh had someone attack someone like that he'd hate for them not to act the same. He goes on to say he's there because he's the best. Best matches anywhere he goes (Rattles off different countries he wrestled in) then says he wanted to get back to the old him and live the lavishing lifestyle. 

Justin Barraso (Yes the WWE guy they give info too) reports for SI that STING WILL WRESTLE SOME MATCHES IN AEW. Most likely Tag team and single matches that are cinematic and they will be careful on choosing his spots he gets physical in. Sting was brought in to boost ratings but to also be used to put talent over. The segment was planned and Tony Khan had signed sting himself as Sting's son tried out for the Jags about 5 yrs ago and kept in touch. Until Sting was signed only Khan knew and then he told Codi, The Bucks and Kenny. Outside of them only a few top AEW personal as well as those involved in the segment knew anything about it. Khan wanted Schiavioni to announce Sting was here personally. Sting also gets a chance to end on his terms unlike WWE who wouldn't let him have one more match and go out his way. Sting apparently loved the professionalism in AEW, the roster, how talent was treated, the future planning, etc that AEW put fourth as well. They are hoping with Sting they get up to 1M audience on Wednesday night. 

Made it about 5 mins into Impact. I can't listen to Josh Matthews. I'd actually say his announcing in that 5mins was better than last time I watched. I distinctly remember last time it sounded he like he was yelling down a long hallway while "announcing". Everything came off so inauthentic and phony. Nice to see MCMGs back in Impact. Their stuff with Beer Money back in the day was awesome.  I'll prob watch a clip of Callis and Omega. Big longtime fan of Callis 👍

I watched IMPACT last night.  The only thing that really gave me a case of the eye rolls were those segments with Tommy Dreamer in them.  If he booked those segments, egad.

Made it about 5 mins into Impact. I can't listen to Josh Matthews. I'd actually say his announcing in that 5mins was better than last time I watched. I distinctly remember last time it sounded he like he was yelling down a long hallway while "announcing". Everything came off so inauthentic and phony. Nice to see MCMGs back in Impact. Their stuff with Beer Money back in the day was awesome.  I'll prob watch a clip of Callis and Omega. Big longtime fan of Callis 👍
One of the other reasons I can't get through IMPACT. Matthews is horrible. I miss old TNA Impact with Don West and Mike Tenay. Best announce crew they had other then Tenay and Taz

WWE is upset with Snoop Dog coming on AEW in January to help promote the game show debut coming on the next day n TNT involving Cody. One has to wonder considering how spiteful WWE can be if any of this trickles down to Sasha 

WWE is upset with Snoop Dog coming on AEW in January to help promote the game show debut coming on the next day n TNT involving Cody. One has to wonder considering how spiteful WWE can be if any of this trickles down to Sasha 
WWE is going to stand there and take it.  Dog brings eyes wherever he goes; if the price is right, it's all good.

It was DQ City last night on Smackdown. <_<

Big E was made to look dumb (why does the E do this to faces?) and got counted out. *sigh*

I’m getting the vibe from Ruby Riott that she would be great to drink beer and shoot pool with (she might like whiskey - doesn’t matter).

Loved the Roman promo telling KO’s wife and kids to talk sense into him or else he was going to take food off their table. RR has found his groove as a heel, and it’s everything I could have wanted. 

Users who are viewing this thread